Male HQ

WindowsXP Service Pack 3 Ready For Download

For all those still using WindowsXP, SP3 is now ready for your download.

This SP3 RC seems to hold its promises with a significant performance boost which the SP1 did not bring to Vista. However, do note that some PCs got into problems installing it - which, probably, have been fixed by Microsoft since it released in early May.

To download, just go to Windows Update. M$ will, however, 're-check' your WGA before prompting you to download/install SP3.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

The choice is yours, whether you would prefer to download SP3 :) You will still be able to get Windows Update without SP3 installed in your system.

It is reported that, with SP3, the performances of Windows XP generated about 10% [some even reported a higher performance] more as compared to a similar configuration under the control surface of SP2.

You may want to download for Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview here. Click either *.docx or *.pdf file.

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Please be careful.

A huge number of AMD users have reported endless reboots after installing SP3.

You are right, Artemov. Just a day after Microsoft released the service pack, frustrated users had flooded the support newsgroup with the endless reboots problem.

I am not sure whether it only applies to AMD. There were similar reports for Intel chipset too. Basically, the problems kicked in:

01. Users installed not the final version.

02. Old Bios on certain - somehow, it is more prominent for AMD, motherboards.

03. Old AMD processor drivers.

It is often said - "If it's ain't broken, don't fix it". :)

Though it is good for us to be informed and to catch up with latest updates, it is advisable [due respect to non-geeks] that you should install major updates only after it has run for few months.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.