Male HQ

Listen to Radio Discussion (compiled)

Guest jimmykoh82

On 5/28/2019 at 12:59 AM, kennethchung said:

anyone misses the old time radio

why do we like radio so much previously and think now no longer attractive or nice to hear?

see so many people post on radio nowadays

Last time got so much free time and little choice of entertainment but nowadys so much choice of entertainment but then little time. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boywholikesdragon
15 hours ago, Guest banfangyan said:

I missed Rediffusion 丽的呼声 this station dj's speak Singapore main dialect hokkien teochew and cantonese  can listen to all kinds of dialect songs and 方言广播剧 plus 李大傻 王道讲古 Do hope one day radio station can allow to play dialect songs and dj's speak dialect again 

are u serious? are u in your 70s?

Guest Have
1 hour ago, Guest boywholikesdragon said:

are u serious? are u in your 70s?

Recently I went to an old barber shop and they still have rediffusion playing in the shop. 

Guest a1beng
3 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

I still miss the ex-radio dj lin baobao of 933; her wit, humour, sarcasm, creativity.

She is one of the daring and creative one in her radio days. 

Guest My Young Era

I was a fan of Eva Chang Mei Hsiang, in Media corp Radio station,  due to her boldness to go out and interview street people for their view.  In those days, her series always schedule towards the very late evening.  Couple of times, she touched on gay people lives and the stigma they faced when such news were blackout in Singapore.  Eventually she left the station to open her own chinese tuition center and became very very wealthy that she recently, decided to save Singapore rediffusion from heading into the sunset industry.

Guest evaairlinesbetter
22 hours ago, Guest My Young Era said:

I was a fan of Eva Chang Mei Hsiang, in Media corp Radio station,  due to her boldness to go out and interview street people for their view.  In those days, her series always schedule towards the very late evening.  Couple of times, she touched on gay people lives and the stigma they faced when such news were blackout in Singapore.  Eventually she left the station to open her own chinese tuition center and became very very wealthy that she recently, decided to save Singapore rediffusion from heading into the sunset industry.

Please la she was so bad. I rmb she hosted on 883 before and sounded like a ghost. what moonlight dj. think she acting twilight meh

Guest hahahaha
On 6/4/2019 at 7:25 AM, Sport-coholic said:

I still miss the ex-radio dj lin baobao of 933; her wit, humour, sarcasm, creativity.

that's why now don't have liao lor. maybe kena banned

Guest My Young Era
5 minutes ago, Guest evaairlinesbetter said:

Please la she was so bad. I rmb she hosted on 883 before and sounded like a ghost. what moonlight dj. think she acting twilight meh

Actually she is doing a twilight theme because certain segment of society was being ignored and she crossed over to cover their stories making it into a night-time stories before the station ended with "Majulah, Singapura" music and thereafter a prolonged silence.   In that respect, she fit the bill of a twilight DJ.

6 minutes ago, Guest wanfanchi said:

Anyone here also think 972 and 958 v lousy?

seriously, noisy with yakking non stop with fast speed tone - i never really enjoy and stop listening to it.

Also the new song is abit out of my range and even 958 or 972 also a lot of gap - i doubt the younger generation listen to radio anymore.

In short the radio era is gone for me.

9 minutes ago, Guest hahahaha said:

that's why now don't have liao lor. maybe kena banned

Yap we only tolerate those who are obedient and give official reply.

9 minutes ago, Guest wanfanchi said:

Anyone here also think 972 and 958 v lousy?

I suppose is different market segmentation, the topics and joke that they had probably ring a bell with those in the same age group.

Guest suckmehard
On 6/5/2019 at 10:20 AM, lonelyglobe said:

Yap we only tolerate those who are obedient and give official reply.

I suppose is different market segmentation, the topics and joke that they had probably ring a bell with those in the same age group.

i dont think so, they prolly just find aunty uncle do survey den claim they always top. like what the bottoms always bluff.

Guest suckmehard
On 6/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, Firday said:

seriously, noisy with yakking non stop with fast speed tone - i never really enjoy and stop listening to it.

Also the new song is abit out of my range and even 958 or 972 also a lot of gap - i doubt the younger generation listen to radio anymore.

In short the radio era is gone for me.

try radio 1003? or fm963? i really like the songs fm963 offers, suitable for working singles like me. i listen to them every night while driving. but thats 1am. cause i also cannot stand the night dj now. just want songs. and they are really good.

Guest suckmehard
On 6/5/2019 at 10:15 AM, Guest My Young Era said:

Actually she is doing a twilight theme because certain segment of society was being ignored and she crossed over to cover their stories making it into a night-time stories before the station ended with "Majulah, Singapura" music and thereafter a prolonged silence.   In that respect, she fit the bill of a twilight DJ.

but i think hor, maybe she can act in twilight lor. cause she looks like she never sleep for years. and the thing she do really catch no balls.

Guest whatabadboy

i used to listen to 958 but really cant stand the drastic change of new and hit songs.

but i was very impressed by the new 938cnafm.

Guest guest
On 6/10/2019 at 1:05 AM, Guest whatabadboy said:

i used to listen to 958 but really cant stand the drastic change of new and hit songs.

but i was very impressed by the new 938cnafm.

There is one male DJ called Lu Lin Xuan quite cute.

Guest hatergoaway
On 6/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, Guest guest said:

There is one male DJ called Lu Lin Xuan quite cute.

hes a chao ah gua who pretends to be straight.

hate his prc accent.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jchcks
34 minutes ago, Guest plu said:

is Henry from 933 gay? cause he looks plu.

Henry Law is 101% gay lol. He looks so weird after his jaw alignment. 

I like Kiss92's mornings, but now that Arnold Gay has left the talk show it's not as appealing anymore with just Maddy Barber and Jason Johnson. I liked his soothing voice and how he brought calm and intellect to the morning show. MoneyFM89.3's primetime is good for the drive home - good to hear their opinions on the USA and European markets.

I occasionally listen to 88.3 but some of the deejays sound a bit Malaysian and the cantonese-chinese accent can be annoying. UFM100.3 has this irritating xmm deejay who laughs like a hyena - the nail shop I visit to do my pedicure seems to have that permanently on and it's very grating on the ears. :wacko:

I find the worst deejay to be Joshua Simon on Kiss92's Joshua's goodnight kiss. Speaks with an annoying, pretentious US-West Cost accent and he's racist as hell with the "Aunt Pushpa" series.

I only listen to HK radio 2 talk show ...especially Mon to Fri 1- 3 pm , Made in Hong Kong -  Lei Chee Kong ....very humorous with songs ...can repeat listening to it on radio 2 website of their past few months programme 

Edited by Dan 28

Guest guest
On 6/17/2019 at 8:04 PM, Guest hatergoaway said:

hes a chao ah gua who pretends to be straight.

hate his prc accent.

He is chao ah gua? You know him? Dun think he has prc accent, initially i thought he is from taiwan.

Guest guest
19 hours ago, Dan 28 said:

I only listen to HK radio 2 talk show ...especially Mon to Fri 1- 3 pm , Made in Hong Kong -  Lei Chee Kong ....very humorous with songs ...can repeat listening to it on radio 2 website of their past few months programme 

How to access this HK radio?

On 6/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, Guest Jchcks said:

女为悦己者容

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest guest
On 6/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, Guest Jchcks said:

How you know he done his jaw alignment?

On 6/25/2019 at 10:31 PM, zyjd said:

I like Kiss92's mornings, but now that Arnold Gay has left the talk show it's not as appealing anymore with just Maddy Barber and Jason Johnson. I liked his soothing voice and how he brought calm and intellect to the morning show. MoneyFM89.3's primetime is good for the drive home - good to hear their opinions on the USA and European markets.

I occasionally listen to 88.3 but some of the deejays sound a bit Malaysian and the cantonese-chinese accent can be annoying. UFM100.3 has this irritating xmm deejay who laughs like a hyena - the nail shop I visit to do my pedicure seems to have that permanently on and it's very grating on the ears. :wacko:

I find the worst deejay to be Joshua Simon on Kiss92's Joshua's goodnight kiss. Speaks with an annoying, pretentious US-West Cost accent and he's racist as hell with the "Aunt Pushpa" series.

Wah which fm1003 xdd deejay who laughs like a hyena? hahaha. I only know they have a lot of dis who are plu!

On 6/10/2019 at 1:01 AM, Guest suckmehard said:

try radio 1003? or fm963? i really like the songs fm963 offers, suitable for working singles like me. i listen to them every night while driving. but thats 1am. cause i also cannot stand the night dj now. just want songs. and they are really good.

OMG! I think the management heard us and had that night dj removed!!! now the night shift is empty???

I see there's no dj allocated on their site.

Guest Guest

Anyone knows what happened to 963 Hao FM night dj Hong Weiwen? His name no longer in the website. He left the station already?

Hope the night time slot (8PM - 12midnight) can be filled in by Jieqi. He has a soothing voice. He is quite popular actually. Maybe can fight against 972FM (same time slot) the 2 female DJs. 

Guest daisyflower
43 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I think after midnight there is no dj on duty, it will just be songs after songs with occasional advertisement, may not be a bad thing afterall.

I think after 8pm nobody now leh?

you go see their website? 963haofm.sg.

Guest daisyflower
16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Anyone knows what happened to 963 Hao FM night dj Hong Weiwen? His name no longer in the website. He left the station already?

Hope the night time slot (8PM - 12midnight) can be filled in by Jieqi. He has a soothing voice. He is quite popular actually. Maybe can fight against 972FM (same time slot) the 2 female DJs. 

I would rather have Cruz Teng or Dasmond Koh!

Or Yang Jun Wei! We forgot about him.

Guest Guest

Desmond Koh quite busy managing his talent company leh ... don't think he got time leh ....

Cruz Teng, Yang Jun Wei (nice voice also), Lin Bao Bao (very open and daring), Jiang Jiang (ex-933), Feng Hui Shi, .....

8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

How to access this HK radio?

On line with wifi ....Google HK radio 2 .....can listen at home , at work or while travelling with data anywhere ...Lai chee Kong is a well known HK gay dj ...and very witty , humorous, knowledgeable with Chinese and English songs , oldies and latest songs  

Edited by Dan 28

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

No wonder so long never hear his voice on 8pm show?! Thought he is on leave something, so he no longer with fm963? Jieqi's voice is suitable for night show, last time he always host the night program on other radio station.

Guest guest
2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I think after midnight there is no dj on duty, it will just be songs after songs with occasional advertisement, may not be a bad thing afterall.

Now seldom have dj live on radio after midnight, unlike last time time you can hear dj on radio until 2am or even until morning.

Guest blompblompblomp

can I ask did fm 963 did a major revamp to their night show? sounds emo but super near to heart now. they change hosts???

Guest a1beng
On 6/29/2019 at 8:47 PM, Guest FHJD said:

Wah which fm1003 xdd deejay who laughs like a hyena? hahaha. I only know they have a lot of dis who are plu!

Those still single after certain age and hosting should be PLU bah... 

Guest guest
23 hours ago, a1beng said:

Those still single after certain age and hosting should be PLU bah... 

This is called guessing and not necessary true to all lah.

Guest guest
On 7/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

DJ wei wen left the station already ... kai dong takes over ... think he is a part time dj.

They announced wei wen left the station? Got say where he go?

Guest Samson
On 7/3/2019 at 10:11 PM, Guest guest said:

They announced wei wen left the station? Got say where he go?

I like the new song arrangement for fm963 now. Previously keep playing very weird songs on air esp at night

Guest guest
On 7/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, Guest Samson said:

I like the new song arrangement for fm963 now. Previously keep playing very weird songs on air esp at night

Weird songs example?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.