Male HQ

Skillsfuture Course Recommendations Needed

Heading to Italy in December and am thinking of taking up learning Italian just to equip myself with the basics. Checked up Skillsfuture language courses and they seem pretty expensive. I might as well learn off of YouTube. So I'm just wondering whether anyone here has signed up for a Skillsfuture course/workshop before and you highly recommend that particular course/workshop. Would sure love to get some recommendations and finally make use of that darn $500! :)

I'd personally go for a course that is related to my work or something that I see myself doing in the future! I went for a short course by NAFA with the skills future credit.

Other than the course, i think its also important to go for the reputable service providers!

"A life spent not doing the things you love is not a life worth living"

2 hours ago, Curious94 said:

I'd personally go for a course that is related to my work or something that I see myself doing in the future! I went for a short course by NAFA with the skills future credit.

Other than the course, i think its also important to go for the reputable service providers!

Thanks for the advice! I somehow feel like signing up for something totally out of the box though. And has nothing to do with my work. Hehe. 

But yet to find something that stands out. I'll keep on searching I guess. 

On 7/12/2019 at 10:13 PM, Magenta_Lilies said:

Thanks for the advice! I somehow feel like signing up for something totally out of the box though. And has nothing to do with my work. Hehe. 

But yet to find something that stands out. I'll keep on searching I guess. 

Ahh I see.

Hahah well its always good to learn an extra skill set and its a free $500 anyways!

"A life spent not doing the things you love is not a life worth living"

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/lets-learn

Language courses are best; short, sweet and cost less than $500.

I'm going for beginner Spanish, to prepare for my South America trip.

Many different types of courses are available too

https://frugalinsingapore.com/dont-wait-use-skillsfuture-credit-2/

Edited by StockBottom

• 8 months later...
Guest hehehehe

Any news yet?  Govt is supposed to TOP UP additional $500 in April, still haven't done so.  Why?  I need an explanation here.   I am in urgent need to use the money to learn sewing, floral arrangement and cooking. Not going to waste my own money to learn.  Each new skill I learned, I will have high chance to attract real man into my life...hehehehe. 

Guest A person
35 minutes ago, Guest udemy said:

can also take online course from Udemy. Anyone got any interesting and beneficial courses to take?

Pay to study online?  Very si-poon. No personal touch and not very human..

Guest Uncle
20 hours ago, Guest hehehehe said:

Any news yet?  Govt is supposed to TOP UP additional $500 in April, still haven't done so.  Why?  I need an explanation here.   I am in urgent need to use the money to learn sewing, floral arrangement and cooking. Not going to waste my own money to learn.  Each new skill I learned, I will have high chance to attract real man into my life...hehehehe. 

Money not enough. Budget used up for covid19. Besides we are going to lockdown soon, so all courses shutdown too. Stay home. Save cum

Guest Uncle
On 4/3/2020 at 2:32 PM, Guest Uncle said:

Money not enough. Budget used up for covid19. Besides we are going to lockdown soon, so all courses shutdown too. Stay home. Save cum

Maybe take a massage course. Can touch and oil each others cock, even near the groin

• 5 months later...
Guest Grocery money

This round got top up quite a lot.  Now planning to do a video shooting course and plan to set up a Youtube channel to earn some pocket money.  What you think?

not transferable

Q: Can individuals transfer their SkillsFuture Credit to their family or friends?

A: The credits are non-transferable.

Q: I am retired. Why can’t I transfer my SkillsFuture Credit to my children or relatives who are working?

A: The SkillsFuture Credit is meant to support individual Singaporeans’ learning needs by defraying out-of-pocket course fees. All Singapore Citizens 25 years old and above will receive the SkillsFuture Credit.

I heard of one course on how to be a private investigator.

After the course, you can become a mystery shopper (which actually you don't have to take course if you are good but a course gives you certain recognition and leverage). 

One guy told me his friend became a mystery shopper to check on massage parlours to collect evidence whether the ladies there offer extras. 

Guest Gay privilege
1 hour ago, Greenliv said:

One guy told me his friend became a mystery shopper to check on massage parlours to collect evidence whether the ladies there offer extras. 

OK, sound reasonable.  But please DON'T check on the gay and report to authority.  "Offering extras" is the only privildge we have left in this extremely discriminatory country.  I hope whoever offered such job, understand that.

• 1 year later...

Hi , anyone able to assist /help with the following as A test question below which i score badly on it so any of you who's good in writing this able to show me a example on it ?? Thanks thanks thanks 

There’s a upcoming event organized by one of the example (Tourism Board), 

You being the boss (NEW start-up company) would like to take part /seek information as to explore how could you be able to get some business from them through upsell your values / services to them to serve their top exhibitors or delegates?  

Firstly, by writing emails diplomatically to the following

·         Tourism Board

·         Event’s Organizer

• 2 years later...
Guest Kiam Chye

I still have over $1200 in credit that is unutilized.  The government has since promised further financing, but I haven't been able to identify any courses offered under those initiatives that are both stimulating or helpful.  I don't want to spend the money on SUPERFICIAL courses needlessly and only the BASIC courses accept funding, but not mid to advance level course.

4 hours ago, Guest Kiam Chye said:

I still have over $1200 in credit that is unutilized.  The government has since promised further financing, but I haven't been able to identify any courses offered under those initiatives that are both stimulating or helpful.  I don't want to spend the money on SUPERFICIAL courses needlessly and only the BASIC courses accept funding, but not mid to advance level course.

A course in languages is not superficial nor needless. To be multilingual is good for the brain!  

I can recommend Spanish because it is relatively EASY.  Yes, it is a very regular language, as opposed to English for example.  And if you are able to dominate Spanish, this opens the door for several other Latin languages like Italian, Portuguese, French.   Also, Spanish is one of the most used languages,  together with English and Mandarin. 

Guest Guest
13 hours ago, thickhead79 said:

Yes of course 

100% can be used in PHV course? If yes, maybe i go take the course, even though i have no plan to drive for PHV.

Anyone knows does it mean after taking the PHV course, do i need to register with a PHV company to get the PHV licence or default already gotten the licence?

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

100% can be used in PHV course? If yes, maybe i go take the course, even though i have no plan to drive for PHV.

Anyone knows does it mean after taking the PHV course, do i need to register with a PHV company to get the PHV licence or default already gotten the licence?

Yes 100%

Course ID: TGS-2022012384

Private Hire Car Driver Vocational Licence Course

UEN/Foreign Entity Number: 200409359E
Upcoming Course Date:
26 Feb 24View More
Full Fee: 
$125.00

But I suggest u take taxi course better

Course ID: TGS-2022012381

Taxi Driver Vocational Licence Course

Upcoming Course Date:
29 Feb 24View More
Full Fee: 
$225.00

Edited by thickhead79

If u fail exam

Then need to self pay for exam fee till u pass

Not require any company to drive phv..

Just join any platform w your rental car after u pass the licence 

Guest Guest
On 2/25/2024 at 5:32 PM, thickhead79 said:

Yes 100%

Course ID: TGS-2022012384

Private Hire Car Driver Vocational Licence Course

Upcoming Course Date:
26 Feb 24View More
Full Fee: 
$125.00

But I suggest u take taxi course better

Course ID: TGS-2022012381

Taxi Driver Vocational Licence Course

Upcoming Course Date:
29 Feb 24View More
Full Fee: 
$225.00

PHV full course fee is only $125, not say expeonsive. Only 1 day course, maybe i can consider go to take. Taxi driver course can drive both taxi and PHV, right? But i do not even have any intention to drive PHV at all, so taking taxi driver course would be a waste of more of my brain cells to attend the class and take the exams. 😅 Maybe i cannot even pass the PHV course exam, so better don't take taxi driver course since it cost more.

Guest Guest
On 2/25/2024 at 5:34 PM, thickhead79 said:

Not require any company to drive phv..

Just join any platform w your rental car after u pass the licence 

Need to take any refresher course again to keep the PHV licence valid?

But i check and see that need to go thru some health screening to get the PHV licence, don't know what health test need to take?

41 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

But i check and see that need to go thru some health screening to get the PHV licence, don't know what health test need to take?

yes u need a simple health check at clinic

eye test 

no blood test

just let the doctor see u ok can liao 

43 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

PDVL REFRESHER COURSE

Course Duration

3.0 hr(s)

Mode of Assessment

No Assessment

Who Should Attend

A 3 hours mandatory refresher course to be done every 6 years to maintain the Vocational Licence.

45 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

PHV full course fee is only $125, not say expeonsive. Only 1 day course, maybe i can consider go to take. Taxi driver course can drive both taxi and PHV, right? But i do not even have any intention to drive PHV at all, so taking taxi driver course would be a waste of more of my brain cells to attend the class and take the exams. 😅 Maybe i cannot even pass the PHV course exam, so better don't take taxi driver course since it cost more.

step 1 do here 

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/vocational_licence/vocational_licence_application.html

need to apply from LTA first 

need education cert

LTA do background check, then give u letter to apply for course 

Guest Guest
38 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

yes u need a simple health check at clinic

eye test 

no blood test

just let the doctor see u ok can liao 

Still need to pay for the medical checkup, this one cannot claim from Skillsfuture right?

I see that there is X-ray also.

Guest Guest
37 minutes ago, thickhead79 said:

step 1 do here 

https://onemotoring.lta.gov.sg/content/onemotoring/home/driving/vocational_licence/vocational_licence_application.html

need to apply from LTA first 

need education cert

LTA do background check, then give u letter to apply for course 

Need to submit GCE N or O level cert, such long ago cert some people might already lost them lor.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.