Male HQ

Facial Treatment For Men + How To Improve Smoothness Of Complexion - Recommendation & Advice (Compiled)

Guest Guest_Carrot Cake Man

Guest Silky face
I am currently a teenager with sensitive skin.I used all kinds of products but to no avail-my pimple are still there and are somewhat prominent.I've also some acne problems and pores are visible.

I am keen in going for facial but I don't know which place I should go.I want to tighten my skin and make it a little red-which looks fresh! Any recommendations/experience to share?

Even for non-branded facial shops like auntie-managed ones ,do state the address so that I may try out.Thanks alot! I am really desperate to reform my face here.

It is common in most teenager and some are inherited to have lots of pimples. To get rid of the pimples, most importantly is to ensure your face is kept clean & oil free before you go to bed and after every outing. Once your face is clean you can then start applying pimple cream, available in Watson or Guradian, to rid the current pimples. Wash your face regularly as best remedy for young teenage skin.

• 1 year later...

I am going to be 40 years old next year. I am very concerned about the food I take, just to make sure that my cholesterol level is within control. I do my medical checkup every 6 months. I just went for my regular checkup last month, and everything is good, even the HDL and LDL of cholesterol is within the desirable range. I dun take fast food. Everyday, I take six small meals. I hit the gym after work 4 times a week. There is one area that I always think I dun need to pay attention to: that is, my face. Can anyone advise me where is the best place to go for facial?

Guest GUEST
I am going to be 40 years old next year. I am very concerned about the food I take, just to make sure that my cholesterol level is within control. I do my medical checkup every 6 months. I just went for my regular checkup last month, and everything is good, even the HDL and LDL of cholesterol is within the desirable range. I dun take fast food. Everyday, I take six small meals. I hit the gym after work 4 times a week. There is one area that I always think I dun need to pay attention to: that is, my face. Can anyone advise me where is the best place to go for facial?

any picture to show so we can give better advise.

Guest Guest
try leonard drake... not the cheapest, but the therapists do a good job....

How good is the therapist and what is the effect after facial? :unsure:

Guest aloe guy

a good facial products is all you need... DIY is the best...

i can give you some tips... keithoneu04@yahoo.com.sg

Guest guest
What are the products in the market for pore refining? Anyone can share?

is individual . every face require different needs. post a face picture is best to tell u yr face problem

Try to take collagen as it will let your skin become more smooth and your skin texture will be also improve .Collagen is the beauty food for youthfulness and beauty .

Guest -robin64-

少年期的我..........满脸的青春豆,根本不会打理

青年时的我.........豆豆没有了且留下满脸凹凸洞

中年后的我.........发觉我们这种生銹脸也蛮吃香.......haha

• 5 months later...
Guest massage freak

i recently have a out break. maybe due to the heaty food n lack of sleep during the festive season...

anyone got any facial salon to recommend so i can hav a good facial n clear off all the pimples?

i haven been to facial all my life - so need recommendation

i only heard abt new york skin and expression men. are they good?

Guest facialguy

i recently have a out break. maybe due to the heaty food n lack of sleep during the festive season...

anyone got any facial salon to recommend so i can hav a good facial n clear off all the pimples?

i haven been to facial all my life - so need recommendation

i only heard abt new york skin and expression men. are they good?

if I were you i will go to raffles medical center look for dr tulip tan for antibiotics for your outbreak, this will see results very fast

then you just go to any facial salon that does good facial extraction of the black heads and clear all the pus in the pimples for you if any left and not subsided by the antibiotics

then visit www.acne.org to buy their that 1 treatment product to prevent future outbreaks

you can also get the 2% BHA liquid to get rid of white heads and black heads from this website http://www.paulaschoice.com.sg/

i use to have pimples quite a fair bit till i do not want to go swimming and i surely have at least 1 pimple on my face no matter how much facial i go and some black heads.

finally like 2 years ago i done wat i did the above that i recommended

i have not gone to facial for like 6 months already yet my face now is clear totally!

no blackheads, white heads and pimples and thank god not much obvious scars

try the above method if you want to save cost compare to going to any facial salon just to get rid pimples!

the above treatment may only cost you $500 compare to like $2000 at salon and still the results is so so!

ask yourself how much you willing to pay for it,

not forgetting they like to push their products & package,

from cheapest few hundreds to few thousands,

their services depends how much your money spend :)

facial salon i don't think is a wise choice

Edited by snowball

well.... i am a victim of new york skin, they only promote packages after packages, not really serious in treating your skin problems.... after you stopped signing more packages, they will stop treating you like "KING" :yuk: :angry:

i think most facial salons are like that... :wacko:

Guest asperger

i think most facial salons are like that... :wacko:

i agree . . . and they are trained to know when to ask you, when you re at your most vulnerable: during extraction of black heads. before they ask, extraction done gently as possible; when you say no, they will make sure that it s a painful extraction process . . .

Since you had an outbreak, here is a little secret from me. Go look for Dr. Ong Fung Chin of NIKS Maple clinic located at Block 825 Tampines Street 81, #01-64. I had severe outbreak a few years ago and she cured my outbreak and helped me improved my complexion. It's a walk-in clinic. No advance telephone booking allow. Warning ! Long waiting time ! So go early to get queue number because she has a lot of customers. NIKS Maple clinic have 3 rotating doctors but look for Dr Ong only because she is the best. See the link for the timing and day she is in. http://www.nikspro.com/el_mapleroster.htm Telephone number can be found in their website as I can't post numbers in the forum. Dr. Ong can also be found at another NIKS Maple West clinic located at 154 West Coast Road, #01-79 West Coast Plaza. Check for the time table that she is in. Consultation and treatment can be paid by cash or NETS.

Next, for facial, look for Grace the facial therapist from NIKS Shop Salon located at #04-13 Midpoint Orchard. Advance booking have to be made one month before the facial treatment date. Choices of treatment can be seen at the following link http://www.nikspro.com/el_facial.htm Prices varies from $70 to $150 if I'm not wrong and depends on what type of treatment you want.

For all other info on NIKS products, you may browse from the main page http://www.nikspro.com/el_home.html Lastly, if you want flawless, scarless and silky smooth skin, consult Dr. Ong for laser treatment appointment at Niks Maple Laser Clinic located at #04-13 Midpoint Orchard. That's all folks.

By the way, I'm not related to NIKS Maple clinic and neither am I advertising for them. I'm just helping to provide info because Dr. Ong's treatment works. I'm a fine sample.

Edited by ixmog

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest8

Hi. Has anyone went to FaceOfMen for facial treatments?

Their prices are affordable but I wonder about the quality of their remedies.

Anyone who has been there, hope you can kindly share your experiences :)

Hi. Has anyone went to FaceOfMen for facial treatments?

Their prices are affordable but I wonder about the quality of their remedies.

Anyone who has been there, hope you can kindly share your experiences :)

ive tried faceofmen. its good. i cant really share much coz ive only been to one session. other than that im currently going thru facial treatment at Bella skin care at tamp. Honestly, my acne problem hasnt improved. Ive spent almost 2K on it. sigh and yea, they like to promote packages and will recommend u to go for certain packages and saying that it will help but it didnt. i shouldnt have trusted them. sigh. and ya i hate the extraction part :X

in addition to that, ive been on oral antibiotics too but my skin is still the same :X. i feel like giving up. nth seems to work for me.

Guest godsend

1. Do not use the towel over and over again. Wash every 1 used.

2. All market oil control freaking cream/wash/lotion can't help... our face need oil... use normal...

3. When is the last time u air or wash ur pillow and bedsheet? If not, time to do so...

4. Drink more water... eat more fruits... vitamin C is good for you... for me i take ABC juice once a week...

5. Try not to stick to 1 face wash... u need all the nutrients...

6. ... but if those that make u tight like hell after washing, please throw them away...

6. Some of the local clinic are not bad in treating pimples... I recommend Temasek clinic... look for Dr Janet Lee..

7. For facial DIY/wash, I recommend u get Proactive... easily at Watson...

8. ... I have used it before during those break out period...

Guest Guest8

ive tried faceofmen. its good. i cant really share much coz ive only been to one session. other than that im currently going thru facial treatment at Bella skin care at tamp. Honestly, my acne problem hasnt improved. Ive spent almost 2K on it. sigh and yea, they like to promote packages and will recommend u to go for certain packages and saying that it will help but it didnt. i shouldnt have trusted them. sigh. and ya i hate the extraction part :X

in addition to that, ive been on oral antibiotics too but my skin is still the same :X. i feel like giving up. nth seems to work for me.

Oh i didn know Bella is kind of wanting. And yeah, one session isn't sufficient to determine the outcome. And I detest those beauty salons that focibly coerce you to take up their packages. Did FOM staff do that?

Guest edWiNNie

One of the better facial salon, i would say, is Fabulous Group. V good service there. I think they are having some kinda promotion. The facial package is normal, but you get good service is excellent and is very worth the money. They have recommendation of some newly imported facial scrubs and serums too.

Oh i didn know Bella is kind of wanting. And yeah, one session isn't sufficient to determine the outcome. And I detest those beauty salons that focibly coerce you to take up their packages. Did FOM staff do that?

thats the good thing abt fom. they don't "force" ppl to take up their package. :)

Guest Guest

I have been to quite a number of beauty parlours, just want to have a simple facial. Most of these parlours will try to either sell you a package, if not recommend their inhouse products. I find this a nuisance and i usually will not patronise them again.

While i understand the marketing principle behind every business, personally i tend to be more receptive to those who are not pushy on their products and services.

Guest edWiNNie

Quite agree. There r a few instance where some of them pushed me to purchase their homebrand products at some hi-fetch price.

Guest victim -not

I have been to quite a number of beauty parlours, just want to have a simple facial. Most of these parlours will try to either sell you a package, if not recommend their inhouse products. I find this a nuisance and i usually will not patronise them again.

While i understand the marketing principle behind every business, personally i tend to be more receptive to those who are not pushy on their products and services.

I think we have all read alot of stories about people being pressured to sign packages and forced to get extra treatments etc etc. And now we are reading it again here.

However all these posts really puzzle me as this has not happened to me. And I think its simply because I dont allow them to do these things to me.

I think we need to remind ourselves that this is basically a commercial transaction where technically as the customer we are supposed to be 'King'. If these establishment want my business they should cater to my preference or at least try to meet me halfway. I have gone thru all the usual complaints in these posts ie expensive packages, hardsell during 'vulnerable' positions etc, but not once did I allow them to force me to do anything I didnt want to. I am always friendly but I am also very firm. Ive told these establishments that I will not pay for an expensive package with so many treatments but I will only pay for up to 5-6 treatments at any one time, and will renew again when they are used up. I tell them frankly that Im not comfortable paying for so many packages when so many establishments have either closed or cant fulfill appointments. The usual reply will be that it will be more expensive if I pay less and I firmly tell them that I want it for the same price and if they do not agree its fine because I dont need to have it. Its been 1 year now and I have renewed my package twice already, each time for another 5 sessions, and not at a higher price.

Also once when I was having a facial and was particularly 'vulnerable', a therapist came in to do pressure selling for their other treatments. I was very very pissed but I maintained my cool and told her that I will speak to her more after the session. At the end of the facial, I walked to the reception, told the therapist nicely but firmly to never ask me again about any other treatments unless I asked for it and to also make sure that they put it in their system under my records that I do not want to be asked about any other treatments so that I will not have to experience the same thing again with a different therapist at a different time. It never happened again.

So at the end of the day, I really think we should not allow ourselves to be victimized.

Sorry for going off tangent guys but I have been meaning to do this for some time.

So

Guest Guest

I think we have all read alot of stories about people being pressured to sign packages and forced to get extra treatments etc etc. And now we are reading it again here.

However all these posts really puzzle me as this has not happened to me. And I think its simply because I dont allow them to do these things to me.

I think we need to remind ourselves that this is basically a commercial transaction where technically as the customer we are supposed to be 'King'. If these establishment my business they should cater to my preference or at least try

to meet me halfway. I have gone thru all the usual complaints in these posts ie expensive packages, hardsell during 'vulnerable' positions etc, but not once did I allow them to force me to do anything I didnt want to. I am always friendly but I am also very firm. Ive told these

establishments that I will not pay for an expensive package with so many treatments but I will only pay for up to 5-6 treatments at any one time, and will renew again when they are used up. I tell them frankly that Im not comfortable paying for so many packages when so many establishments have either closed or cant fulfill appointments. The usual reply will be that it will be more

expensive if I pay less and I firmly tell them that I want it for the same price and if they do not agree its fine because I dont need to have it. Its been 1 year now and I have renewed my package twice already, each time for another 5 sessions, and not at a higher price.

Also once when I was having a facial and was particularly 'vulnerable', a therapist came in to do pressure selling for their other treatments. I was very very pissed but I maintained my cool and told her that I will speak to her more after the session. At the end of the facial, I walked to the reception, told the therapist nicely but firmly to never ask me again about any other treatments unless I asked for

it and to also make sure that they put it in their system under my records that I do not want to be asked about any other treatments so that I will not have to experience the same thing again with a different therapist at a different time. It never happened again.

So at the end of the day, I really think we should not allow ourselves to be victimized.

Sorry for going off tangent guys but I have been meaning to do this for some time.

Wa... Looking at the way you wrote, i can understand why you were not victimized by pressure selling. On the contrary, i think they feel pressurized instead. Haha..

A word of advise: don't be too nasty to them, although you mentioned that you were friendly but told them off firmly. It may not be received that way and who knows what they mix into your clay mask paste? 

No offense, please.

• 2 months later...
Guest stiffneck

me too looking for a facial.

never been to one before

would be nice i imagine, hot steam on my face

is there facial salon that doesnt require signing up package?

Just want cleaning, like.. budget around $50/facial type??

i agree . . . and they are trained to know when to ask you, when you re at your most vulnerable: during extraction of black heads. before they ask, extraction done gently as possible; when you say no, they will make sure that it s a painful extraction process . . .

Ya Ya..... that's exactly what happened to me in NY Skin. During extraction of blackhead, they will start to tell me that I need to use this additional whateva... costs SGD 100, but now got discount at SGD50. I can't really talk, can't really say yes, or no.. cos my face is at her mercy... so I had no choice but to go for that, and had to fork out additional 50 bucks!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why bother? Juz learn to do it on your own and buy some quality products.... U dun have to spend as much as to sign up packages.... Juz my two cents' ;)

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Qedcwc: I am doing so but sadly I thinking of getting some good wash and clearing of spores.

Cleaning of pores? What u need is a scrub.

Add that to your facial mask products.

If u're determined enuf, do the scrub and mask twice a week....

Scrub shud come after cleansing and before toner, then ur mask, then toner, other specialty products (such as eye cream, anti-acne, whitening), then finally moisturizer.

Edited by qedcwc

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

Guest malaysian

Hi all,

i personally don't think need to go to salon for facial. just do it at home yrself. get a facial scrub (use it once or twice a week), cleanser, toner and moisturizer, mask ( once or twice a week) and lastly may be products that treat your problems such as acne gel, anti-aging.....etc.

and I am using Kiehl's.

PS: Pls do not purchase/use their Blue Herbal lotion, it still makes yr skin superb DRY even though u have very oily skin type (just like me).

I highly recommended Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner. suit all skin type.

http://www.kiehls.com/

• 3 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic