Male HQ

What do you think ?

Guest Guest

So this happened. I was at a bar with a few of my friends and we were just generally having our conversation when suddenly this 50 ish 60 ish couple interrupted us and very rudely commented.

The wife stared at us saying " EXCUSE ME CAN YOU GUYS NOT SPEAK WITH PROFANITY, IM TRYING TO HAVE A NICE DINNER HERE WITH MY HUSBAND AND YOU GUYS ARE JUST RUINING IT FOR US". YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE A CONVERSATION WITHOUT PROFANITY THANK YOU VERY MUCH. and just turned her back on us.

I politely replied, i'm sorry if our profanity has ruined your experience however the bar is so empty and we sat here first ( since 5pm we were having drinks and they arrived at probably 8pm). If you didn't like our language u should probably move to other tables. You chose to sit here from the start and i dont feel like there is a need for us to tone down our profanity just because you were uncomfortable. Moreover i would understand if we were criticizing things about religion or races which are sensitive in nature however we were just having a general conversation. I dont think that just because u feel uncomfortable and entitled you deserve to just ask people to stop. If you dont like it you should put an effort yourself to remove yourself instead of asking people to stop. She went on saying that only "uneducated people like you all uses profanity".

She called the bar owner and proceeded to report us. The bar owner also suggested that the couple moved if they were uncomfortable as we sat there way earlier then them. The proceeded to throw a bitch fit and say that they will review the bar really low for the way they were treated.

I literally dont get why these boomers always feel like they are so entitled. Constantly demanding respect but yet dont show any in the first place.

It's best if you check if the local law makes speaking with profanities a no-no.  Secondly check what's the bar's policy on that.   Finally what's the culture and norm like there.

I cant remember accurately but if im not mistaken Sg has a law which forbids 'speaking with a raised voice', or something like that.

Best regards

Edited by FattChoy

Well,... there is profanity and profanity.  But it is doubtful that a group of Asian gays like you were saying something too scandalous.  Although after 3 hours sitting in the bar you must have been quite animated, unless you drank only water  :)

Could they have picked up from your conversation that you were gays,  and maybe this couple was overly sanctimonious and perhaps homophobic?

But regardless, if THEY were well educated they would not have said a word to you, but would asked the server or if necessary the owner to move them to another table in the nearly empty bar.

5 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

It's best if you check if the local law makes speaking with profanities a no-no.  Secondly check what's the bar's policy on that.   Finally what's the culture and norm like there.

I cant remember accurately but if im not mistaken Sg has a law which forbids 'speaking with a raised voice', or something like that.

A law that forbids speaking with a raised voice?  How would it define "raised"?  By the number of decibels of the spoken voice?  

And how would it define what is "profanity"?  With a list of curse words?

It is difficult to imagine a bar that would restrict the words customers could speak, and their loudness.

profanity
/prəˈfanɪti/
noun
noun: profanity
  1. blasphemous or obscene language.
    "an outburst of profanity"

Similar:
    oath

swear word

expletive

curse

obscenity

four-letter word

dirty word

execration

imprecation

blasphemy

swearing

foul language

bad language

cursing

cuss

cuss word

• a swear word; an oath.
      plural noun: profanities
      "a man with bloodied chin mouthing profanities"
    • irreligious or irreverent behaviour.

Similar:
      idolatry

sacrilege

irreligiousness

ungodliness

impiety

unholiness

profaneness

blasphemy

irreverence

disrespectfulness

disrespect

Origin
a7b2032a7d1a847db4a90e3030b3e9db896b5433
mid 16th century: from late Latin profanitas, from Latin profanus ‘not sacred’ (see profane).

Ask yourself,  is it necessary? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

My (poor) recollection was based on reading a news article about a gwailo going berserk or ballistic in public many many years ago.  I can't find that now but here's a few links Google recommends.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/12-things-you-might-not-know-you-could-be-punished-for-in-singapore

https://singaporelegaladvice.com/law-articles/misbehaving-in-public-5-things-you-need-to-know/

Edited by FattChoy

21 minutes ago, fab said:
Origin
a7b2032a7d1a847db4a90e3030b3e9db896b5433
mid 16th century: from late Latin profanitas, from Latin profanus ‘not sacred’ (see profane).

Ask yourself,  is it necessary? 

Oh my god!!   I never speak with sacred words!   Does this mean that all what I say are profanities??  😗😲

Edited by Steve5380

i am curious, what kinda of profanity u are using.

And yes, if i am in a bar, listening to some soft music, it would be great i am surrounded by civilised and educated persons.

Its an image you presented yourself in public.

I guess its some atas bar since the couple is having their dinner there.

whatever u do, its like kids screaming here and there, irritating others.

This is like when u go to a 5 stars hotel, eating buffet, eating oyster, salmon, tuna, lobster, enjoying with a white wine, and next table got a bunch of kids screaming, or some non-local chit-chatting at their high pitch voices and filled up their table with mountains of food, asif its hungry ghost month.

No wrong, they are paying for the food. 

But they are definitely irritating, just like u.

Guest Bartender
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I politely replied, i'm sorry if our profanity has ruined your experience however the bar is so empty and we sat here first ( since 5pm we were having drinks and they arrived at probably 8pm). If you didn't like our language u should probably move to other tables. You chose to sit here from the start and i dont feel like there is a need for us to tone down our profanity just because you were uncomfortable.

I literally dont get why these boomers always feel like they are so entitled. Constantly demanding respect but yet dont show any in the first place.

Let's review the those happened in Red with the advice given in Blue.   Did you guys not notice there was black pot and kettle somewhere in the bar?

30 minutes ago, Guest Bartender said:

Let's review the those happened in Red with the advice given in Blue.   Did you guys not notice there was black pot and kettle somewhere in the bar?

TS did not demand respect and, therefore, need not show any as well. 

Guest Tell me
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

TS did not demand respect and, therefore, need not show any as well. 

Public display of verbal profanity (I presumed all sort of cunts and cocks) conversation, 3 full hours of it, is indeed very gracious to the ears of diners.  TS is not asking for respect since he has none but came to this forum for advice - with intent of pushing blame onto others for listening to his 3 hours of manly craps in the bar? 

4 minutes ago, Guest Tell me said:

Public display of verbal profanity (I presumed all sort of cunts and cocks) conversation, 3 full hours of it, is indeed very gracious to the ears of diners.  TS is not asking for respect since he has none but came to this forum for advice - with intent of pushing blame onto others for listening to his 3 hours of manly craps in the bar? 

First and foremost, TS has already said he was at his spot first, so why should he be the one to be pushed over and moved? Furthermore, the wife should have reported this to the bar owners first before taking things into her own hands and speak rudely to TS. Doing that made her descend to the same level as TS himself. So why should we defend her instead of TS when they are at the same level. Last but not least, the bar owner finally also took the side of TS and requested the couple to move as well. 

Guest Guest Teehee

Dont think there is anything wrong with using profanity. Not to say he is contantly like fuck this guy fuck that that shit for the whole 3 hours. It could be just a simple oh gosh cant believe tomorrow is fucking monday kind of comment. And by right the couple should have moved the bar is empty after all.

1 hour ago, Guest Tell me said:

And it doesn't seem like he came here for advice. More like just to rant. Unless u are saying that you never use any profanity. 

4 hours ago, Guest Guest Teehee said:

Dont think there is anything wrong with using profanity. Not to say he is contantly like fuck this guy fuck that that shit for the whole 3 hours. It could be just a simple oh gosh cant believe tomorrow is fucking monday kind of comment. And by right the couple should have moved the bar is empty after all.

And it doesn't seem like he came here for advice. More like just to rant. Unless u are saying that you never use any profanity. 

In the TS's story it was THE WIFE who berated them,  who complained and made a fuss.  The husband apparently didn't say a word.

It is not only in Singapore that one notices that women are getting more bitchy and complaining. Could this be a universal movement of the former repressed gender?

Edited by Steve5380

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Borching

Ok yesterday I woke up and heard my sister call me, shes been dead for 18 yrs. I got up thinking it was a dream and went in the shower, when I was getting in I heard her say everything will be ok. I turned around and no one there. I cried like crazy cuz I know it was her. Can someone please explain if it meant anything? Please no rude comments.

2 hours ago, Guest Borching said:

Ok yesterday I woke up and heard my sister call me, shes been dead for 18 yrs. I got up thinking it was a dream and went in the shower, when I was getting in I heard her say everything will be ok. I turned around and no one there. I cried like crazy cuz I know it was her. Can someone please explain if it meant anything? Please no rude comments.

Guess u were down or sad over something n she was there to console u? 

On 12/2/2019 at 1:26 PM, Guest Guest said:

So this happened. I was at a bar with a few of my friends and we were just generally having our conversation when suddenly this 50 ish 60 ish couple interrupted us and very rudely commented.

The wife stared at us saying " EXCUSE ME CAN YOU GUYS NOT SPEAK WITH PROFANITY, IM TRYING TO HAVE A NICE DINNER HERE WITH MY HUSBAND AND YOU GUYS ARE JUST RUINING IT FOR US". YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE A CONVERSATION WITHOUT PROFANITY THANK YOU VERY MUCH. and just turned her back on us.

I politely replied, i'm sorry if our profanity has ruined your experience however the bar is so empty and we sat here first ( since 5pm we were having drinks and they arrived at probably 8pm). If you didn't like our language u should probably move to other tables. You chose to sit here from the start and i dont feel like there is a need for us to tone down our profanity just because you were uncomfortable. Moreover i would understand if we were criticizing things about religion or races which are sensitive in nature however we were just having a general conversation. I dont think that just because u feel uncomfortable and entitled you deserve to just ask people to stop. If you dont like it you should put an effort yourself to remove yourself instead of asking people to stop. She went on saying that only "uneducated people like you all uses profanity".

She called the bar owner and proceeded to report us. The bar owner also suggested that the couple moved if they were uncomfortable as we sat there way earlier then them. The proceeded to throw a bitch fit and say that they will review the bar really low for the way they were treated.

Firstly must know the house rule. If profanity not allowed then its no good. If too rowdy also not good. 

But since you guys were there first and already much profanity, I guess the house rule quite relaxed. 

Think couple got perturbed by you guys rowdy behaviour. And they can shift if they wanted to (isit possible and against free seating ?)

5 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Firstly must know the house rule. If profanity not allowed then its no good. If too rowdy also not good. 

But since you guys were there first and already much profanity, I guess the house rule quite relaxed. 

Think couple got perturbed by you guys rowdy behaviour. And they can shift if they wanted to (isit possible and against free seating ?)

Aiyah u cant satisfy a bitch. Nowadays plenty around us. That bitch can talk so much n her hubby like not in the pic is it? Must be he is the one encouraging her.

• 4 years later...
Guest Pei Pei

I’m 35 and mortgage-free. My boyfriend, 55, wants me to move into his house and help pay off his mortgage. What should I do?

He shared his home with his ex-wife after being married for 20 years. He recently took out a second mortgage on that home.

Should I move in? What do you think?

1 hour ago, Guest Pei Pei said:

I’m 35 and mortgage-free. My boyfriend, 55, wants me to move into his house and help pay off his mortgage. What should I do?

He shared his home with his ex-wife after being married for 20 years. He recently took out a second mortgage on that home.

Help him to pay if U are a beneficiary of his will. Then bring him to Spain and .... ....

On 7/1/2024 at 6:26 AM, Guest Pei Pei said:

You don't provide enough information to answer your question.   My late bf was 20 years younger than I.  When he moved into my house he offered some payment, and I told him this was not necessary.  But there were many other factors that made our relationship a success.

Guest Thinking
On 7/1/2024 at 7:26 PM, Guest Pei Pei said:

Sound like somone is going to get fucked and trashed pretty soon. Then he will start to blame everyone other than his own stupidity.  What do you think?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.