Male HQ

Can a gay be religious?

Guest Tang Abeng

Guest So blessed
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

We Gays should feel confident that we are on the good side of a God, .  Let's feel blessed that we live today and in the future!

I agree.  Gay will have a better place in heaven.  It is written in the DNA.  Very powerful oath.

Since no one mentions about Islam, maybe I can give a cent or two with regards to this religion of mine.

Islam does not condemned homosexuality but considered the anal sex and any sexual acts that may lead to it as a major sin, similar to fornication. Hence, a gay may has sexual desire for men, but if he controls his desire and avoids any illicit sex for the sake of God, he will gain meritorious reward and in fact, may gain the station of a martyr. 

If he falls into the major sin, if he repents and does good to avoid falling again, he will also be rewarded. Sometimes, one may fall many times and life is just like a snake and ladder. 

So yes, in Islam, one may be gay and be religious at the same time. And yes, he can make use of his time to learn about the religion and get close to God since he doesn't bothered to get married.

Edited by bodybuildMLY
Add details

54 minutes ago, bodybuildMLY said:

Since no one mentions about Islam, maybe I can give a cent or two with regards to this religion of mine.

Islam does not condemned homosexuality but considered the anal sex and any sexual acts that may lead to it as a major sin, similar to fornication. Hence, a gay may has sexual desire for men, but if he controls his desire and avoids any illicit sex for the sake of God, he will gain meritorious reward and in fact, may gain the station of a martyr. 

If he falls into the major sin, if he repents and does good to avoid falling again, he will also be rewarded. Sometimes, one may fall many times and life is just like a snake and ladder. 

So yes, in Islam, one may be gay and be religious at the same time. And yes, he can make use of his time to learn about the religion and get close to God since he doesn't bothered to get married.

What if 2 person just mutual blow & JO together? 

2 hours ago, bodybuildMLY said:

Thank you.  I didn't know this about Islam.   This rises my opinion of this religion quite a bit!

Since Islam tolerates gay sex that does not include the forbidden acts of anal and oral sex... it should be more accepting of gay marriage as well.

5 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank you.  I didn't know this about Islam.   This rises my opinion of this religion quite a bit!

Since Islam tolerates gay sex that does not include the forbidden acts of anal and oral sex... it should be more accepting of gay marriage as well.

Gay marriages? Doesn't it boils down to oral and anal? Else how they do it? 

5 minutes ago, Gozu said:

Gay marriages? Doesn't it boils down to oral and anal? Else how they do it? 

Doesn't modern technology provide devices like dildos and masturbators that can replace anal and oral  for those who necessarily have to have these practices?   Plus, I think that many gays can have good gay sex without them.

23 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I did not say Islam accepts gay sex. No gay sexual act is allowed at all in Islam. Please be informed. Marriage for Islam is between man and woman. I did mentioned anal sex and any sexual act (including BJ, masturbation, etc.) which may lead to it as a major sin. 

My intention is to say a person with homosexuality tendency is not ostracized in the religion and can be a practising Muslim as long as he does not do the above deeds. If he falls into those acts, it is imperative for him to repent and pick himself up again to move forward to be a better person.

Edited by bodybuildMLY
Elaboration

9 minutes ago, bodybuildMLY said:

I did not say Islam accepts gay sex. No gay sexual act is allowed at all in Islam. Please be informed. Marriage for Islam is between man and woman. 

I thot so too. Its forbidden. But temptation is great especially in the middle east. 

3 hours ago, bodybuildMLY said:

Pretty rampant. That's why it is a lifelong battle like snake and ladder.

So by that measure, can a devout gay Muslim guy have the occasional homosexual experience but then offset it in his conscience with charity and other good deeds? Ultimately, from the point of view of an agnostic, I feel it boils down to how one’s conscience operates - a lot of religious people from many faiths are, for instance, naturally sexually uptight so perhaps the desire to lose themselves in carnal pleasures isn’t something they need to fight off often, but they are prone to lots of other sinful activities and states of mind: self-righteousness and malicious behaviour let’s say. But they are not good enough as humans to see their own faults, so they go about life with a clear conscience because they feel they are stainless. Meanwhile a good-looking gay Muslim man may have to constantly fight off temptation as he is presented with it so frequently, and may succumb to an overwhelming sense of guilt and feel unworthy spiritually. 

6 hours ago, bodybuildMLY said:

My intention is to say a person with homosexuality tendency is not ostracized in the religion and can be a practising Muslim as long as he does not do the above deeds. If he falls into those acts, it is imperative for him to repent and pick himself up again to move forward to be a better person.

I misunderstood then.  And so, Islam is no better than Catholicism and other Christian denominations, who also DON'T CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY  but only the gay sex acts.  

And a gay who is agnostic does not need to "repent and pick himself up again" because he does not need to feel gay sex as something immoral.  And he does not need to "move forward to be a better person", because he may be already a good person.

6 hours ago, bodybuildMLY said:

Well God knows your heart and intention, so He knows your sincerity / hypocrisy. 

It is obvious that you are a religious BELIEVER, not just religious.  If a God exists, He does not need to know our hearts and intentions, sincerity or hypocrisy.  He SHOULD have more important tasks related to His divinity.  Who should care about all those things are OURSELVES,  and for us alone, because they are OUR responsibility.

27 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I misunderstood then.  And so, Islam is no better than Catholicism and other Christian denominations, who also DON'T CONDEMN HOMOSEXUALITY  but only the gay sex acts.  

And a gay who is agnostic does not need to "repent and pick himself up again" because he does not need to feel gay sex as something immoral.  And he does not need to "move forward to be a better person", because he may be already a good person.

It is obvious that you are a religious BELIEVER, not just religious.  If a God exists, He does not need to know our hearts and intentions, sincerity or hypocrisy.  He SHOULD have more important tasks related to His divinity.  Who should care about all those things are OURSELVES,  and for us alone, because they are OUR responsibility.

The topic is about whether a gay man can be religious or not. In Islam the answer is yes. He can be religious. We are not arguing about theology whatsoever. We didn’t say a religious man must be 100% infallible. 

Let’s focus on the topic!

1 hour ago, bodybuildMLY said:

The topic is about whether a gay man can be religious or not. In Islam the answer is yes. He can be religious. We are not arguing about theology whatsoever. We didn’t say a religious man must be 100% infallible. 

Let’s focus on the topic!

The topic does not impose the restrictions you want to apply.  The topic can be as wide as religion is.  You already posted that it is "yes" for Islam, even when the topic does not ask you for what religion this is.  So please, don't try to impose limitations on others.

And why should a religious man be 100% infallible?  No man is 100% infallible.

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The topic does not impose the restrictions you want to apply.  The topic can be as wide as religion is.  You already posted that it is "yes" for Islam, even when the topic does not ask you for what religion this is.  So please, don't try to impose limitations on others.

And why should a religious man be 100% infallible?  No man is 100% infallible.

This just shows your character. I rest my case and won’t continue further. 

On 4/19/2024 at 9:15 AM, blueduck said:

the judgement is after we died, now just do our best to follow. whether its good or not, its only God and our self will know at the judgment.

Since childhood I have been educated to believe in a day of judgment, day of reckoning.  Now that I am close to the other end of life,  I recognize that the doctrines of organized religions are extremely primitive, nearly childish.  

We who have children,  do we let them live their "free will" uncontrolled while growing up, and then when they reach adulthood we hold a "day of judgment, reckoning day" and then either bless them with eternal love or put them in an oven with eternal fire ??? -  OR do we GUIDE them throughout childhood, with a mixture of praise and punishment as necessary, so that they LEARN?   

Any DECENT and LOVING God, as Christianity advertises,  would lovely treat us like we treat our children, giving out praise and punishment during our life so that our spirits evolve and at the end of life we all transition into Heaven.  OF COURSE, with such a God there would be no business for religious organizations, since God, who the religions claim keep a close eye on us,  would be GUIDING us.  

Since I am a religious gay,  I find that we are guided by a divinity.  It is not an exterior God riding on the clouds,  but it is our own conscience.  This conscience has the task to guide us,  if we listen to its voice. 

22 hours ago, D.0284 said:

all religions serves political agenda. unless you are fan of worshiping politician. forget about religion.

Yes.  It seems to be universal this strong tie between religion and politics, ha ha.  Where does this leave... God ??  😄

Guest Roman Empire
4 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes.  It seems to be universal this strong tie between religion and politics, ha ha.  Where does this leave... God ??  😄

It all started in Rome and then...religion and politics became one.  

1 minute ago, Guest Roman Empire said:

It all started in Rome and then...religion and politics became one.  

And before Rome, in Palestine,  Moses was the preeminent religions leader, and also the political leader since he brought his Israelites out of Egypt.

Guest Roman Empire

Moses is a proxy deliverer, appointed by YOU KNOW WHO.   Please study your bible thoroughly before you engage with me.  Thank you. 

Guest Roman Empire
36 minutes ago, D.0284 said:

damn, politician has been making up the concept of god to control uneducated population way before Christianity.

The presence of God can be felt without the need for politicians, intercessor, middle-agents, objects.  If you need something to feel God, then it must the work of politics.  If you don't need something to feel God, than it has to be the presence of spirit.

16 minutes ago, Guest Roman Empire said:

The presence of God can be felt without the need for politicians, intercessor, middle-agents, objects.  If you need something to feel God, then it must the work of politics.  If you don't need something to feel God, than it has to be the presence of spirit.

like it or not, human does fake their own senses. especially if they are obsess with the thought.

religion is the answer to address issue of a declining power. thats the fact. no other way around it.

Anyone- a gay man, a prostitute, a thief and a murderer can be religious - true.  So, that question is a tad naive.  However, if the poster was meaning to ask if a gay man can be considered to be a pious individual by the church (almost any church) than the answer is most likely, No. Sex is only part of it.  Although, I do agree that Islam is more tolerance than Christianity in accepting homosexual relationships (historically), no religions tolerate open homosexuality. All seem to fundamentally agree that a relationship between two men or two women (sexually or intimately) is a sin and against the principles of god (Abraham, Christ, the prophet Mohammad, etc.). A man can not covet another man. However, the same can be true for a man who is straight but covets a married woman. Or a women that commits adultery. These and other practices are immoral and against the church's teaching.  BUT, and this is a big but - NO ONE can condemn that person.  A gay person only needs to answer ultimately to one and only one person (or being) and that is god himself. So, if a person is gay and leads an otherwise godly life and such, than he or she (lesbian) may or may not be forgiven.  That is NOT up to us as people to decide. I hope this is helpful.  The teachings of the church (any religion) does not always equal the ultimate outcome (accepted into heaven).  

10 hours ago, Guest Roman Empire said:

Moses is a proxy deliverer, appointed by YOU KNOW WHO.   Please study your bible thoroughly before you engage with me.  Thank you. 

Here it seems that YOU ARE ENGAGING WITH ME!   A "proxy deliverer"?   I don't know from what REAL who. 

I might know as much or more than you do about the content of the bible.   And please make rational arguments before you engage with me,  instead of coming up with stuff you read in a book thousands of years old.  

10 hours ago, Guest Roman Empire said:

The presence of a God can be felt without any external needs, and such a God can be different for all of us.   It is created by our sense of RELIGIOUSNESS in our spirits,  which is the topic of this thread,  NOT the worship of ONE particular god.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.