Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

ok who lost this in the pool? 🤪

IMG-3249.jpg

Can tell me which pool you lost it and i will insert back to you. 🤣

Ok i m just kidding, its not what you think it is or at least I don't think it is.

The kind of things people bring to the pool. 

Seen few times sanitary pads at the bottom of pool too.

And what's with this coach wearing double visors than add a mini umbrella on top? oei lifeguards? what duh? seen people called out to remove their leg fins, snorkel, blow up floats etc. So why not that umbrella with spokes all around? furthermore can exchange between coach and trainee. comeon la, trainee can't even float properly, waiting for accident to happen le

On 9/8/2024 at 5:25 PM, JYAG-sim said:

This was my post back in July 2024 about KB pool (Kallang Basin pool thread):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of increased crowd, I took a photo of the pool availability schedule (this was in July) and concluded that:

1) if you wish to swim on weekdays, do it before 5pm;

2) if you wish to swim on Saturday, do it between 2 and 7pm;

3) if you wish to swim on Sunday, do it after 5pm.

This is because of the Pacer and Aegir programmes that take up half of the competition pool (I believe it's the half closer to the PIE cuz of the swim lanes).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the KB swimmers, here's the latest pool availability schedule (though it's stated 'Aug'):

1) Mondays: 10am - 5pm [Russian Sports Academy takes Lanes 1 and 2, 3-6pm]

2) Tuesdays, Thursdays: 9am - 5pm

3) Fridays: before 3pm [Russian Sports Academy takes Lanes 1 and 2, 3-6pm] or before 5pm

4) Saturdays: between 2 and 7pm

5) Sundays: after 5pm 

If you, like me, use the continuous lane and are free to swim before 5pm, the best days are the ones in bold. They've the least disturbance. Hope this helps everyone!

Oh me bad. Didn’t realise the 4 of you are happily watching each other shower. Sorry I barged in and spoiled all your fun. I just needed to shower and go, didn’t mind what you guys are doing 😏. Why so like that? Keep giving me all the glares 🤭

5 hours ago, shyc said:

Oh me bad. Didn’t realise the 4 of you are happily watching each other shower. Sorry I barged in and spoiled all your fun. I just needed to shower and go, didn’t mind what you guys are doing 😏. Why so like that? Keep giving me all the glares 🤭

So happening ah? Lol

Where are places to swim after 9pm?

Most if not all activesg pool close at 9.30pm, put board to ask people leave at 9.15pm but in fact 9pm already try shoo everyone out the pool.

I'm working night shift this rotation and due to oversleep on my off days I can't make it for activesg pools.

Edited by Greenie
On 9/17/2024 at 9:59 PM, JYAG-sim said:

For the KB swimmers, here's the latest pool availability schedule for Oct:

1) Mondays: 10am - 5pm [Russian Sports Academy takes Lanes 1 and 2, 3-6pm]

2) Tuesdays, Thursdays: 9am - 5pm

3) Fridays: before 3pm [Russian Sports Academy takes Lanes 1 and 2, 3-6pm] or before 5pm

4) Saturdays: between 2 and 7pm

5) Sundays: after 5pm 

If you, like me, use the continuous lane and are free to swim before 5pm, the best days are the ones in bold. They've the least disturbance. Hope this helps everyone!

Holding true to my word here, I decided to head to KB pool and arrive just before 5pm this evening. Boy, I should NEVER have done so. Imagine two-thirds of the pool is used (length-wise) for water polo training, leaving the one-third for leisure swimmers and two swim classes. It's strange having to swim and stop almost in the middle of the pool then turn back.

I thought the continuous laps will be cordoned when the water polo training was over but I was wrong. This is the first time, in a long time, seeing the pool with no lap cordons, thus having to compete with leisure swimmers and swim classes for a lane. In the end, I swam just 12 laps and decided to call it a day. Now I know swimming on Sunday evenings at SAFRA Tamp is much preferred.

Edited by JYAG-sim

@JYAG-sim most annoying cases is to arrive and find no spaces. I got those issue in the day time too when they started the kids PE swim classes. At one stage they were back to back, one bus load leaves after an hour and barely 15mins later another bus load arrives. The coaching breaks into smaller pockets of groups and ended up hindering lap swimming. Almost like having to clear obstacles courses especially when the cordon off lap lanes are also crowded. So had moved my timing from late morning to mid aftnn these days. Lesser crowd and also not much eye candies 😛 lacking the motivational push 🤣 

9 hours ago, JYAG-sim said:

Holding true to my word here, I decided to head to KB pool and arrive just before 5pm this evening. Boy, I should NEVER have done so. Imagine two-thirds of the pool is used (length-wise) for water polo training, leaving the one-third for leisure swimmers and two swim classes. It's strange having to swim and stop almost in the middle of the pool then turn back.

I thought the continuous laps will be cordoned when the water polo training was over but I was wrong. This is the first time, in a long time, seeing the pool with no lap cordons, thus having to compete with leisure swimmers and swim classes for a lane. In the end, I swam just 12 laps and decided to call it a day. Now I know swimming on Sunday evenings at SAFRA Tamp is much preferred.

IKR. KBSC is off my list for evening and weekend swims. Too crowded, too much going on.  Too stressful for novice swimmer like me. 

No swim day:

12Oct: It started raining at about 10:30am and it continued to drizzle at 12noon. 
Indignant, I left my house w my swimming gear to the nearby pool. Alighted at the bus stop, I realized I had left my phone at home. I can’t show my swim pass to the pool attendant! Not giving up, I proceeded toward the pool. Perhaps, I could let them know my IC number and they could check that I have a valid SwimPass. 
Reached the pool and found the entrance was cordoned off. No one was man I g the entrance. Looking inside, I saw the lightning advisory was turned on. Sigh. 
Looking back, there were signs indicating it’s a no swim day for me even before i stepped out of the house. 
老天自有安排。

Oh well, it’s time for a warm lunch on a cool wet afternoon. 

3 hours ago, bluerunner said:

No swim day:

12Oct: It started raining at about 10:30am and it continued to drizzle at 12noon. 
Indignant, I left my house w my swimming gear to the nearby pool. Alighted at the bus stop, I realized I had left my phone at home. I can’t show my swim pass to the pool attendant! Not giving up, I proceeded toward the pool. Perhaps, I could let them know my IC number and they could check that I have a valid SwimPass. 
Reached the pool and found the entrance was cordoned off. No one was man I g the entrance. Looking inside, I saw the lightning advisory was turned on. Sigh. 
Looking back, there were signs indicating it’s a no swim day for me even before i stepped out of the house. 
老天自有安排。

Oh well, it’s time for a warm lunch on a cool wet afternoon. 

Hugs …

yeah the wet season (of the weather kind) is coming.

just wondering, for Delta swim where one of the pool is sheltered, can we still swim if there is lightning alert?  Or any indoor pool?

2 hours ago, MikeC said:

…For Delta swim where one of the pool is sheltered, can we still swim if there is lightning alert?  Or any indoor pool?

Yes you can still swim in the sheltered pool during lightning alert. It's overall 1m deep and I believe shorter than 50m length. Exact length I am not certain. Drawback is if you coincide with many kids, elderly than lap swim may be extremely challenging as they will go in all directions.

On 8/19/2024 at 8:40 AM, Thedtars said:

Public pools should not be curised there are many kids and families there and it’s public. there are more appropriate places like yunomori or Joya and gay spa saunas. 

Um...so sorry to say this but what makes you think Yunomori or Joya is an 'appropriate' place? Just to let you know that despite gays going to both of these places, BOTH these places aren't meant for cruising at all. If you want cruising the only appropriate place is proper actual gay saunas like Keybox, 10 Men etc...