Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

On 10/12/2021 at 5:02 AM, bluerunner said:

Yeah. That’s true. Just last week, there was a guy who could barely swim 50m. He had to stop 2-3x along the way and he needed to move to the side and yet, he chose the big pool. IMO, he should had chosen the teaching pool instead. Very disruptive to the person who share lane with him and he had taken a spot where that spot could be occupied by someone who wanted to do lap swim. 

Then there are those old uncle who just go in and tread water from lane to lane. 

On 10/12/2021 at 2:20 PM, axelrod said:

Then there are those old uncle who just go in and tread water from lane to lane. 

You just have not been going to the pool. Haha. 
Since Covid19, pools are lane-up. Cannot move from lane to lane anymore. I have seen lifeguard yelling at someone for lane hopping. Kudos to the lifeguard on duty. 

Edited by bluerunner
On 10/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, bluerunner said:

You just have not been going to the pool. Haha. 
Since Covid19, pools are lane-up. Cannot move from lane to lane anymore. I have seen lifeguard yelling at someone for lane hopping. Kudos to the lifeguard on duty. 

Before delta they loosened the restrictions and allow more people per lane, still got those exercise uncles moving lane to lane, even re were free lanes.

Then got those loop lanes, got kumgongs who decide to swim against the loop and bump into people head-on. 🙄

Edited by axelrod
On 10/14/2021 at 8:20 AM, Geo said:

YET, cant help but wonder we lap swimmers or others who exercise their rights to soak water in 50m lane according to pool rules... can consider self-entitlement folks? 🤔 cause they can also turn around and accuse us that what makes us entitle to use the 50m lane, just because we can swim better? 🤔

Valid argument. I don’t think I swim better. I think it’s ok for the not so strong swimmer to rest after each lap. If you are one of the following, I think better to choose the teaching pool:

1. Cannot even complete a lap without stopping. 
2. Resting more than 50% of your time there

3. Love birds who fondle each other at the end of the pool. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:55 AM, bluerunner said:

Valid argument. I don’t think I swim better. I think it’s ok for the not so strong swimmer to rest after each lap. If you are one of the following, I think better to choose the teaching pool:

1. Cannot even complete a lap without stopping. 
2. Resting more than 50% of your time there

3. Love birds who fondle each other at the end of the pool. 

Those who are not lap swimmers can only swim both corner lane at competition pools. No restrictions for training pools. 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, axelrod said:

Before delta they loosened the restrictions and allow more people per lane, still got those exercise uncles moving lane to lane, even re were free lanes.

Then got those loop lanes, got kumgongs who decide to swim against the loop and bump into people head-on. 🙄

Against the loop is very annoying and dangerous 

Or we adult swimmers easier to handle then parents with kids? Did notice there were times those classes were conducted in the 25m lanes at Jalan Besar pool.

Probably loud music plus stirring up wavy water, some parents complained to the pool management? Some folks have tendency to be a dick even when they are wrong after having kid or children 😏

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, Geo said:

*flipping table* just 1 minute late, 30 time slots at 7:30pm gone. .. and most of time less than half turned up. If dont want to swim, then dont kiasu book lah!

I know right. 6:30am, 6:15pm and 7:30pm time slots are like hot potatoes. Very fast sold out. 
It’s irritating that people who got the slot doesn’t turn up. If I’m among the pool user, I will be happy. Less ppl, less crowd, less splashes. Maybe I could have the whole lane to myself. 😜  

Ok, that last statement is my wishful thought. I always love to have the whole lane to myself. Haha. Oops! 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Maxim said:

I don't understand why must swimmers throw their paper tag all over toilet shower cubicles...  On the floor , sticknon the cubicle wall???  Another peeves of mine

Yes. I also have the same thinking. There are rubbish bins around. Why can’t they throw it into the bin? Tsk tsk. 
I wonder if these people behave the same at home? 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:38 PM, bluerunner said:

I know right. 6:30am, 6:15pm and 7:30pm time slots are like hot potatoes. Very fast sold out. 
It’s irritating that people who got the slot doesn’t turn up. If I’m among the pool user, I will be happy. Less ppl, less crowd, less splashes. Maybe I could have the whole lane to myself. 😜  

Ok, that last statement is my wishful thought. I always love to have the whole lane to myself. Haha. Oops! 

Share that same sentiment! 

On 10/30/2021 at 9:27 AM, Maxim said:

I don't understand why must swimmers throw their paper tag all over toilet shower cubicles...  On the floor , sticknon the cubicle wall???  Another peeves of mine

Been thinking should we suggest to the pool management that the pool marking strip can only take off after left the pool? In the name of monitoring sake 🤔 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, firefight said:

I was at Srgn pool just now 1-2pm before cat 1.

Had a good swim as there were only 2pax per lane. Anyone swims there too?

I go there, using 12-1pm slot, but it's usually quite difficult to get slots at Serangoon

On 11/8/2021 at 10:23 PM, eminent82 said:

how cum i have this feeling they are going to increase the max bookings per time slot very soon...🤔

Once the government eases the restriction, ActiveSG will follow suit. That’s expected. I still hope there will be some control over the number of swimmer allowed per lane. Don’t just open the flood gate.  

On 11/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, bluerunner said:

Once the government eases the restriction, ActiveSG will follow suit. That’s expected. I still hope there will be some control over the number of swimmer allowed per lane. Don’t just open the flood gate.  

it would probably be back to 5 swimmers per lane😭. school holidays cumming soon, enjoy the peace while it lasts...

On 11/11/2021 at 11:10 PM, swimboisg said:

How do you deal with no-show penalties when you’re about to leave home for the swim then it starts to rain? 🤔

Still have to go to the pool to report to avoid the no-show penalty as it may be not a Cat 1 situation where swimming is still permitted. But there are 3x a month you can take the hit so choose wisely!

On 11/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, firefight said:

Still have to go to the pool to report to avoid the no-show penalty as it may be not a Cat 1 situation where swimming is still permitted. But there are 3x a month you can take the hit so choose wisely!

Yes, now system is like that..  Even though unfair for those who needs to travel to pool and takes time... 

Despite the rain,  if no thunder the pool will still open..  Swimming in the rain is rather theruputic..  I encourage those who nvr swim in the rain before to at least try it out.. 

Or you can call the pool before u go down to chk and hear their advice

Or chg ur pool time to afternoon if ur schedule allows it..  Weather tends to get bad during evening. 

1514813981_ScreenHunter391(1)(1).jpg.ab4d1932cf35192393ae47967f80708d.jpg

F.Y.I.
my Dad who is a Senior got this email just now =(

Edited by 30yochinese
sorry its pixelated, it says> NO SHOW TWICE for this month so u are suspended for 2 weeks.

Was at Sengkang swimming pool just now 12 to 1 pm slot. The guy in the middle part of the outdoor pool swimming freestyle in your blue trunks. Think you wear a black ear stud. I was near you and saw you again in the changing room. You look cute and body is hot. Would like to connect with u. And maybe have some fun?

Edited by Calvinwong