Male HQ

Singapore Swimming Complex/Pool

15 hours ago, superman888 said:

Ask ask. Now May onwards 10th of each month is free admission for ActiveSg swimming pool?

15 hours ago, bluerunner said:

Is this an initiative for healthier living or is activeSG pools really doing badly? Thus, a boost is needed to revive its glory days?

Only for their 10 anniversary so offer end Dec 2024

https://www.instagram.com/activesgcircle/p/C6C9WCtSKeJ/

4 minutes ago, sideguy said:

Serangoon earlier at 2pm, I was wearing black aussiebum and you had blue speedos, you kept staring at me and tried to look for me in the showers but I had to leave. Hmu if you're here.

i just realised all swimming pools closed today… how you go to serangoon earlier today? 

1May

Reached the pool at 9am. I thought the senior citizen morning swim session has ended but I was wrong. 1st batch has ended. Second batch of younger seniors are streaming in. 
Some seniors were still gathering at the end of the pool having AGM on May Day. 
Long story short, I got a lane, actually there were 4 swimmers sharing 3 lanes, and had my laps done. 
That’s not the highlight. Highlight of the day was I left my swimming trunks, swim cap, ear plug, goggle, and towel in a small bag inside the changing room. 
Only discovered it when I reached home. Called the pool and the lady answering the phone showed no urgency to get a male lifeguard or a male Co-worker to go check the changing room immediately. 
I rushed back to the pool and I located my stuff. Thank God! 
Sighting: There were a few men who were clean shaven. What a pleasant sighting. 🤩

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

That’s not the highlight. Highlight of the day was I left my swimming trunks, swim cap, ear plug, goggle, and towel in a small bag inside the changing room...

Sighting: There were a few men who were clean shaven. What a pleasant sighting. 🤩

Lucky for you to recover your stuff. I once dropped my goggle on my way to the shower and on realizing walk back towards the pool and couldn't find it. I remembered an auntie walking behind me and suspect she picked it up. Further more the goggle are with prescription. If she did pick it up she could eventually had to discard since she can't use. 😡 

Have been wondering about this trend of seeing clothes and towel on the shower dry benches. Been noticing people leaving clothes or towel hanging on the dry benches. Is it because using the digital locker is not senior friendly so they resort to just leave it in the shower benches. See them when I arrived and when I am done. 

2 hours ago, bluerunner said:

1May

Reached the pool at 9am. I thought the senior citizen morning swim session has ended but I was wrong. 1st batch has ended. Second batch of younger seniors are streaming in. 
Some seniors were still gathering at the end of the pool having AGM on May Day. 
Long story short, I got a lane, actually there were 4 swimmers sharing 3 lanes, and had my laps done. 
That’s not the highlight. Highlight of the day was I left my swimming trunks, swim cap, ear plug, goggle, and towel in a small bag inside the changing room. 
Only discovered it when I reached home. Called the pool and the lady answering the phone showed no urgency to get a male lifeguard or a male Co-worker to go check the changing room immediately. 

Which pool u went? 

1 hour ago, shyc said:

Lucky for you to recover your stuff. I once dropped my goggle on my way to the shower and on realizing walk back towards the pool and couldn't find it. I remembered an auntie walking behind me and suspect she picked it up. Further more the goggle are with prescription. If she did pick it up she could eventually had to discard since she can't use. 😡 

Have been wondering about this trend of seeing clothes and towel on the shower dry benches. Been noticing people leaving clothes or towel hanging on the dry benches. Is it because using the digital locker is not senior friendly so they resort to just leave it in the shower benches. See them when I arrived and when I am done. 

The digital locker is expensive, user-unfriendly, and small. Totally CMI. 
Bring back the simple, easy to use 20cents locket. 

15 hours ago, swimboisg said:

Anyone knows if Kallang training pool/ tanning area is opened to public yet?

Close indefinitely. Even the lifeguard and those working in the office do not know what’s going to happen to the training pool. 

Just see how they changed Delta, will give you a guide what their people are thinking. For the record their water features area are either under repair or no functioning. 

1 hour ago, shyc said:

Just see how they changed Delta, will give you a guide what their people are thinking. For the record their water features area are either under repair or no functioning. 

Wasteful. Could have built a 25m pool at that place. 

On 5/10/2024 at 10:04 AM, onsenlover85 said:

Today is suppose to be free entry to pools and gyms. Am going to check out Delta pool at lunchtime. Anyone here going?

Today I saw a muscular person in late 40s to early 50s or maybe late 30s applying oily sun tan lotion all over his bods and a guy think quite young 20s or something staring around 10 plus today at Delta pool. I think he is wearing transparent rimmed classes and white T shirt. He stares even as the older guy went to the mirror side to continue putting the suntan oil.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, m1ssjadeso said:

was wondering which pool i shud go. i often go woodlands but nothing happens haha. 

when i went delta there were so many hot men but nothing.

but yishun always something happen lol

Old delta was great.

New delta meh

Yishun ah? What's happening there

I recently visited the Yio Chu Kang swimming pool in the evening and witnessed an embarrassing situation involving some fellow swimmers. A facility supervisor, who was using the toilet, noticed that one swimmer had wedged his slippers in between the door to keep it open while another swimmer was changing openly on a bench. The supervisor shouted loudly, instructing them to close the door and use the changing cubicles, citing they have received complaints from the Ministry of Education (MOE).

🤔 so now MOE is in charge of public loos? Not NEA?

Didn’t have issues when showering / changing in front of lifeguard, swim coach or cleaner as they chat with me. Perhaps different pool under different management? Anyway happy that the shower areas are now kept clean. The cleaner are diligent and do notice supervisor checking in.

Also noted the life guards are more active these days. Making rounds instead of just sitting at their lookout post. While one is at the lookout post, others are walking around the pools or benches. They are also more alert when younger swimmers approached or used competitive pool. Notice few times the guards giving advise or encouraging novice swimmer to go to shallow pool instead. Best of all is these days they are quick to alert errant swimmers in the lap area of their mistake.  👍 

1 hour ago, shyc said:

🤔 so now MOE is in charge of public loos? Not NEA?

Didn’t have issues when showering / changing in front of lifeguard, swim coach or cleaner as they chat with me. Perhaps different pool under different management? Anyway happy that the shower areas are now kept clean. The cleaner are diligent and do notice supervisor checking in.

Also noted the life guards are more active these days. Making rounds instead of just sitting at their lookout post. While one is at the lookout post, others are walking around the pools or benches. They are also more alert when younger swimmers approached or used competitive pool. Notice few times the guards giving advise or encouraging novice swimmer to go to shallow pool instead. Best of all is these days they are quick to alert errant swimmers in the lap area of their mistake.  👍 

Glad to hear that:

1. The shower room is being cleaned. Unlike some pools, the shower room and the toilet are filthy. Horror. 
2. Lifeguard is asking those who should go to training pool to go there. Hardly I see lifeguard bothers to do this. Great effort. Pls write in to complement his good effort. 

I have no issue changing openly at the bench and showering w door open to have an eye on my belongings. It’s a men’s shower room. Why can’t men be naked there?! Shocking to hear that users are asked to change in the cube and lock door when showering. 

28 minutes ago, bluerunner said:

2. Lifeguard is asking those who should go to training pool to go there. Hardly I see lifeguard bothers to do this. Great effort. Pls write in to complement his good effort. 👍 

I have no issue changing openly at the bench and showering w door open to have an eye on my belongings. It’s a men’s shower room. Why can’t men be naked there?! Shocking to hear that users are asked to change in the cube and lock door when showering. 

Indeed shocking. Notice when the sch kids go for swim lessons, they have their own teachers that come along. The male teacher would stand guard inside when lesson ends. I think this is great effort and the kids go about changing with no disturbances whether openly or not. Also no ‘funny business’ from lurkers. 

On 5/28/2024 at 1:08 PM, Btyred91 said:

Hi everyone! Just sharing here that a new yoga studio has opened in the Kallang area (3-4 min walk from Kallang MRT Station).

If you’re looking for a space that teaches yoga in an inclusive manner, that is beginner-friendly, yet caters to all experience levels, and for those who are also looking to deepen their practice, this might be ideal for you to check out :) 

The space is certainly LGBTQIA+ friendly, and conducts classes by a diverse and strong team of more than a dozen teachers with many years of experience, all-week round. The starter pack is only $50 for 3 general classes (class size up to 12-15 pax, 60 min), and the studio is now gifting one free semi-private class (class size up to 6 pax, 75 min) with a starter pack purchase.

Facilities include two studios (general class and semi pvt class), shared bathroom (2 showers, 1 WC) with towel rentals, and a lounge facility to wait before and after class to have a drink and snack.

If you’re interested, do follow @yopayogasg for more information, or DM me on tele @bendybran if you have any questions :)

Cheers, see u guys there!

It’s not nude yoga right?