Male HQ

Research on writing and article on homosexuality and conversion therapy (changing gays to straight)

Hi,

I'm Terence, the Deputy Editor with The Online Citizen, writing and article on homosexuality and conversion therapy (changing gays to straight). I am interested to speak to people who have gone through such a therapy. You can visit TOC at http://www.theonlinecitizen.com.

I think this article is important because it will shed light on reparative therapy, and whether it works. I'll be glad if you can assist me in this, and it will contribute greatly towards public education.

If you, or any of your friends gone through such an experience? Do keep in touch with me! You can reply to this my forum topic.

P.s: no worries, I'm for real.

Edited by terenceleejx

If the person have been successfully changed from Gay to Straight, I think the last thing for him would be to visit a gay site. Don't you think so?

I remember there was a book written by William Aaron and published by Bantam Book called "Straight - A heterosexual talks about his homosexual past"

This site is surprisingly silent. Maybe GM is right, people who has gone the other side wouldn't care to come to this site anymore.

Well, recently I read some news about that famous preacher, Ted Haggard:

After his outing, Haggard moved to Phoenix First Assembly (the largest Assemblies of God church in the US, and one with definite NAR promotion) which was the home of the “Joel’s Army fake mental hospital” chain Dream Center. Haggard was essentially put through “degaying” with the “carrot” that he MIGHT be allowed back as a minister; when he was found to be conducting fundraising, the “degaying” was ended quietly.

There were also multiple other attempts at “degaying” that failed spectacularly, and some evidence has come out he may have been having sex with multiple men in church. His family eventually moved away from the Southwest, Haggard is starting to be accepting that he is Not Quite Straight And Nothing Is Going To Fix This (Because It Isn’t Broken) and now lives as an insurance salesperson in Indiana.

Ted Haggard is a famous American preacher who condemned homosexuality aggressively. But in reality he visited gay prostitutes at the sideline. When found out he went for de-gaying, but the church has now accepted that it is not successful.

You can Google more about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Haggard

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/...unrestored.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest -Butted-
Terenceleejx,

If you are going to do research, you have to be neutral and objective otherwise your research won't be accurate.

A straight is a straight whether he screwed a gay or not.

A gay is a gay whetehr he got screwed by a straight or not.

Is this statement logical ?

• G_M changed the title to Research on writing and article on homosexuality and conversion therapy (changing gays to straight)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.