Male HQ

Late sleepers Discussion

begleitung

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

Late sleeper or cannot sleep is two different thing. Some people like to go to bed late but once they lay in bed, they can fall asleep fast. And some people even though they go to bed early but cannot fall asleep and stay awake even after few hours, or throughout the night.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, Guest guest said:

Late sleeper or cannot sleep is two different thing. Some people like to go to bed late but once they lay in bed, they can fall asleep fast. And some people even though they go to bed early but cannot fall asleep and stay awake even after few hours, or throughout the night.

I belong to the latter; those that if I lie on bed at 11pm, my eyes are still wide open at 2 or 3am.  But once I am asleep, the sleep is rather restoring. My sleep pattern has been like that even before I enter kindergarten. That’s probably why I don’t excel in schools as I never have enough sleep 😂

• G_M changed the title to Late sleepers Discussion
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest OK boomer
On 7/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, Guest Guest said:

When young still can sleep late and wake up early.

Now really cannot, not enough sleep will affect concentration at work the whole week.

That's a very responsible thinking. 

I have colleagues who always fall asleep at work. Come late to work. Most starts at 8 am. He only arrives at 930 am then spend most his time complaining that he is tired and overworked. 

My boss once told him "do you need me to check on you at 10 pm every night to ask you to sleep?" 

Adult will go to sleep cause they tired and know they need the energy to work the next day 

Only kids and children will stay up late cause they are so used to falling asleep at school in class etc. That this is the lifestyle they know.

Another reason don't hire fresh grad. They think they are entitled to pay. Sleep in the job. Etc

Guest guest
On 7/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, Guest OK boomer said:

That's a very responsible thinking. 

I have colleagues who always fall asleep at work. Come late to work. Most starts at 8 am. He only arrives at 930 am then spend most his time complaining that he is tired and overworked. 

My boss once told him "do you need me to check on you at 10 pm every night to ask you to sleep?" 

Adult will go to sleep cause they tired and know they need the energy to work the next day 

Only kids and children will stay up late cause they are so used to falling asleep at school in class etc. That this is the lifestyle they know.

Another reason don't hire fresh grad. They think they are entitled to pay. Sleep in the job. Etc

True, only youngsters and kids don't bother if they have the energy to work or go to school the next day. For me i would not sleep late if need to work the next day, esp when i need to drive to work somemore, it is very dangerous not to have energy while driving.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

My area got this uncle usually wake up at 4am and sit outside at coffee shop waiting for them to open and buy coffee at 5am.He claim he can't sleep .

Guest not tired enuff

i used to have problem sleeping until i started exercising and waking up at 530 am...

i haven't had sleep issue since then... i fall asleep within 10 seconds the moment i lie down in bed.

Sleeping after 11 PM is unhealthy. 

The liver will regenerate from 11 PM to 1 am while kidney, 1 am to 3 am.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Night Sound

The majority of my daily work and planning were done between midnight and the early hours because my mind is clear and focused at night. I would be the first person to leave the house at five o'clock in the morning to go to a kopi shop for a quick breakfast and breathe in the morning's first fresh air while gazing into space  .I had the impression that I lived in a distinct dimension from other people. Not because of stress, but rather because of the contemplative benefits of those favorite times. I felt drowsy and withdrawn as soon as the sun started to shine through the sky and the day began to warm up.   People said I am a night owl. 

On 8/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Guest Night Sound said:

The majority of my daily work and planning were done between midnight and the early hours because my mind is clear and focused at night. I would be the first person to leave the house at five o'clock in the morning to go to a kopi shop for a quick breakfast and breathe in the morning's first fresh air while gazing into space  .I had the impression that I lived in a distinct dimension from other people. Not because of stress, but rather because of the contemplative benefits of those favorite times. I felt drowsy and withdrawn as soon as the sun started to shine through the sky and the day began to warm up.   People said I am a night owl. 

How could you be a night owl & still wake up at 5am?? Envious! 

I am also the most productive & alert in evening times. 

On 8/11/2022 at 12:07 AM, robin said:

Tell a smoker smoking is bad for his health!

I always do that too 🐱😂.

I share with them how I successfully quit smoking 🤣🚬

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Night Sound
On 8/11/2022 at 12:24 PM, robin said:

How could you be a night owl & still wake up at 5am?? Envious! 

I am also the most productive & alert in evening times. 

I stayed awake from midnight until five in the morning and went for a little meal before retiring to my bed and letting the bright day take over.

I would also go to sleep late at night because I am always doing interesting things at night, and I dislike to interrupt them for such a mundane reason like sleep.  But, with few exceptions,  come 10PM I wind down, and at 11PM I am in bed,  so that I can get up the next morning at 6AM or 7AM.    THANK GOD  I developed the discipline to do so,  it helps me so much!   Not only with going to sleep, but also to avoid snacking at night and during the day, and only drink hot water or tea.  (no alcoholic drinks, ha ha).   Discipline... we are not born with it but we can develop it.  The ability to say NO!  to ourselves, it builds up and we gain so much from it!  

Guest Disciplined
On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

I dislike to interrupt them for such a mundane reason like sleep.  But  come 10PM I wind down, and at 11PM I am in bed,  so that I can get up the next morning at 6AM or 7AM.  the discipline to do so, but also to avoid snacking at night and during the day, and only drink hot water or tea. 

So many strict rules to follow.  Curfew, no snacking, and only drink hot water when hungry.  I hope your nusring home didn't ill treat you. 

On 8/14/2022 at 7:30 AM, Steve5380 said:

I would also go to sleep late at night because I am always doing interesting things at night, and I dislike to interrupt them for such a mundane reason like sleep.  But, with few exceptions,  come 10PM I wind down, and at 11PM I am in bed,  so that I can get up the next morning at 6AM or 7AM.    THANK GOD  I developed the discipline to do so,  it helps me so much!   Not only with going to sleep, but also to avoid snacking at night and during the day, and only drink hot water or tea.  (no alcoholic drinks, ha ha).   Discipline... we are not born with it but we can develop it.  The ability to say NO!  to ourselves, it builds up and we gain so much from it!  

tot tea hav caffeine. caffeine doesnt affect u? 

On 8/14/2022 at 5:07 AM, Guest Disciplined said:

So many strict rules to follow.  Curfew, no snacking, and only drink hot water when hungry.  I hope your nusring home didn't ill treat you. 

Yes, my nursing home.  The place I live is being my nursing home for 45 years now.  A well built home in a good neighborhood.

On 8/14/2022 at 5:29 AM, Techy Kiryu said:

tot tea hav caffeine. caffeine doesnt affect u? 

It should,  but I don't lose sleep because of the caffeine in tea and coffee.  It might be because I have a near zero stress...

On 7/31/2022 at 12:44 AM, fab said:

Sleeping after 11 PM is unhealthy. 

The liver will regenerate from 11 PM to 1 am while kidney, 1 am to 3 am.

I wonder if the clock we have inside is a quartz, or an automatic with tourbillion.

On 8/14/2022 at 8:53 PM, Steve5380 said:

I wonder if the clock we have inside is a quartz, or an automatic with tourbillion.

A biological clock that responds to the sun.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/14/2022 at 10:52 PM, Steve5380 said:

Thank you.  How does this clock work in periods of completely clouded days?

The human body is smarter than you think.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/14/2022 at 9:56 AM, fab said:

The human body is smarter than you think.

Isn't what we think, our smartness a characteristic of the human body?  How can the body be smarter than itself?

Edited by Steve5380

On 8/14/2022 at 10:58 PM, Steve5380 said:

Isn't what we think, our smartness a characteristic of the human body?  How can the body be smarter than itself?

https://pulsetcm.sg/the-importance-of-sleep-and-consequences-of-inadequate-sleep/#:~:text=Be asleep before 11pm,products from the metabolic process.

1. Be asleep before 11pm

According to the meridian clock of TCM, the ideal time to be already asleep at night is 11pm.

• 11pm – 3am time period corresponds with the gallbladder and liver meridian, which plays a vital role in clearing the waste products from the metabolic process. This timing is also reserved for rejuvenation of the body. The process of regeneration of cells takes place during your sleep. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/14/2022 at 11:09 AM, fab said:

https://pulsetcm.sg/the-importance-of-sleep-and-consequences-of-inadequate-sleep/#:~:text=Be asleep before 11pm,products from the metabolic process.

1. Be asleep before 11pm

According to the meridian clock of TCM, the ideal time to be already asleep at night is 11pm.

• 11pm – 3am time period corresponds with the gallbladder and liver meridian, which plays a vital role in clearing the waste products from the metabolic process. This timing is also reserved for rejuvenation of the body. The process of regeneration of cells takes place during your sleep. 

Is this so?   Well,  then my body is as smart as I am.   Because between 11PM and 3AM I am usually sound asleep. 

Now, seriously,  I am convinced that sleep is regenerating.  Often some little pains I felt the night before are gone the next morning.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

Yup. Maybe the weather (humid) sleep naked then can sleep. Or take melatonin or xxxxxxxx then can auto sleep. 

Respect those who is morning person....

Habit,  especially bad ones, can be changed.  I used to sleep at 3 am wherever possible.  Now I force myself by 11 PM.  I also managed to quit smoking. 

Discipline is all u need.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 7:34 AM, fab said:

Habit,  especially bad ones, can be changed.  I used to sleep at 3 am wherever possible.  Now I force myself by 11 PM.  I also managed to quit smoking. 

Discipline is all u need.

Absolutely correct.  Cultivation of discipline should be taught to every child.  Not everyone is as lucky as I was, having been raised by an authoritarian grandmother.  And discipline does not come at birth but needs to be developed.  It is amazing that with discipline and perseverance we can achieve what we are unable to do without them.  People who quit school and university because " I am by nature not made to understand that difficult math and physics " would do perfectly fine if they would push through their difficulties with discipline and perseverance.   It is not lack of intelligence what makes so many people quit and be defeated.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, robin said:

I thought this thread is for late sleepers discussion, how come it seems to be hijack by early night sleepers? 

Please don't be envious.  You could be surprised if with discipline and perseverance you realize that your "late sleeper" is more autosuggestion than inborn fact.  

And if you cannot optimize your liver by following your circadian clock like @fab suggests,  you can always improve your liver by intermittent fasting.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:36 AM, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

Yup. Maybe the weather (humid) sleep naked then can sleep. Or take melatonin or xxxxxxxx then can auto sleep. 

Respect those who is morning person....

Those who is morning person really must go sleep quite early and also must be able to fall asleep. I see my neighbor lights off at around 8pm, wonder how they can fall asleep so early? I have tried before going to bed at around 9.15pm but lay on bed and cannot fall asleep until 11pm plus. So also, no point going to sleep so early. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.