Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

Guest The anointed one
On 4/15/2022 at 11:24 AM, Guest Guest said:

If you think he thinks of himself as the "Son of God", then with all your God-complex, you think of yourself as God Himself.

They are inseparable Trinity. One cannot comment without the other .

I am well grounded in reality. 

I did not yet come to the point whether there is a god or not, but what I have learnt on BW is, that there are many Guest trolls who out of no reason have nothing better to do than trolling others. 

From a psychological view they act out of an impulse of jealousy on others and from an inferiority complex. 

On 4/14/2022 at 10:19 PM, Guest Happy Easter said:

Imagine? orthodox?  Why are you spoiling my hope? I always considered myself the child of God. The beloved one still and highly favoured than everyone else.  You are so mean. 

Happy Easter!   There should not be anything wrong if you consider yourself a beloved child of God.

The problem exists if you consider yourself the CHOSEN child of God.  Why should you or anyone be chosen?  A wise benevolent God should love all of his creatures the same, without making favorites.  This is what we fathers should do with our children too.

On 4/15/2022 at 9:20 AM, Why? said:

This topic is still active ah?  What have we gained so far, did Steve invented some immortality pill already?

OF COURSE it is still active.  As more time passes,  as closer we all become of being seniors.

But this topic is not only for Steve to post.  If you have good, helpful advice to help become happy seniors, don't shy away.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:24 PM, Guest Guest said:

If you think he thinks of himself as the "Son of God", then with all your God-complex, you think of yourself as God Himself.

Some posts deserve to be framed and hanged on the wall.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:38 PM, singalion said:

I am well grounded in reality. 

I did not yet come to the point whether there is a god or not, but what I have learnt on BW is, that there are many Guest trolls who out of no reason have nothing better to do than trolling others. 

From a psychological view they act out of an impulse of jealousy on others and from an inferiority complex. 

Can we be so sure that they act out on impulses of jealousy and inferiority complexes?   Cannot they be trolling just to be entertained and have fun?   In any case, it is an activity that is preferable to joining a gang or a urban militia. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:51 PM, Steve5380 said:

Can we be so sure that they act out on impulses of jealousy and inferiority complexes?   Cannot they be trolling just to be entertained and have fun?   In any case, it is an activity that is preferable to joining a gang or a urban militia. 

Would happy, optimistic and self confident people troll or those who are dissatisfied with their own life and achievements or have a feeling of being losers? 

Guest Don't Confuse
On 4/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, Steve5380 said:

You find that murdering 150,000 people is trivial?

Don't be so facile - and don't twist the discussion. After all, you stated - 

On 4/14/2022 at 9:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

Much of the Jews he murdered were HIS OWN PEOPLE.

That is not true. Certainly 150,000 is a horrible number of deaths but the majority of German Jews were lucky. They knew what was likely to come and so, like your own family, they fled Germany before the war. The Poles, Hungarians and others who were massacred in much greater numbers had no such knowledge.

So it is correct to say "some" or even "relatively few" of Hitler's people were German. The vast najority were not. 150,000, ghastly though that number is, represents only around 2.5% of those murdered in the holocaust.

On 4/15/2022 at 10:14 AM, singalion said:

Would happy, optimistic and self confident people troll or those who are dissatisfied with their own life and achievements or have a feeling of being losers? 

Our goal,  trolling or not,  should be to improve the self-confidence and therefore the optimism, happiness of those who read our posts.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:17 PM, Steve5380 said:

Our goal,  trolling or not,  should be to improve the self-confidence and therefore the optimism, happiness of those who read our posts.

Good, but why do you the pay so much attention to guest trolls and give them the attention they are longing for. 

Has your pet Guest troll who trolls and harrasses you at every corner ever changed his attitude towards you?

Ignore these Guest trolls and spread happiness to those here who "deserve" it. 

Guest Menorah
On 4/15/2022 at 10:31 PM, Steve5380 said:

Some posts deserve to be framed and hanged on the wall.

I think it deserved to be craved on the rock of the Western wall in Jerusalem. 

On 4/15/2022 at 11:17 PM, Guest Don't Confuse said:

That is not true. Certainly 150,000 is a horrible number of deaths but the majority of German Jews were lucky. They knew what was likely to come and so, like your own family, they fled Germany before the war. The Poles, Hungarians and others who were massacred in much greater numbers had no such knowledge.

So it is correct to say "some" or even "relatively few" of Hitler's people were German. The vast najority were not. 150,000, ghastly though that number is, represents only around 2.5% of those murdered in the holocaust.

We shouldn't go down and count numbers. 

I m not sure why you fight on numbers. 

Have Polish or Slovak Jews less value than Germans? 

Let's not continue on this track. 

Also note not only Jews were affected by the concentration camps but plenty more, even many gays. 

Let's stop counting humans like peas. 

On 4/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, Guest Don't Confuse said:

You are making such a nice jugglery with numbers, you may be posting this in Bangkok.  

I would not consider that the German Jews were lucky.  They had to put up with the dehumanizing by the Nazis for much longer,  while the Polish Jews lived their normal lives before their country was invaded.   Those who escaped had to have the determination to leave everything behind,  and the good destiny to be accepted as refugees in other countries. Not all who escaped made it safely,  read about the passengers of the St. Louis ship:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/us-government-turned-away-thousands-jewish-refugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/

My original point was that Hitler didn't care if the Jews he could exterminate were "his people" or not.  He tried to exterminate ALL.

Good nutrition is very important for gays who will be seniors one day.

Unfortunately,  good nutrition is not learned in school.  So we might spend a big part of our lives going after good taste instead of good nutrition,  with negative consequences. 

For over three decades I have been eating twice a day,  for lunch and dinner, one of the healthiest foods on planet earth,  LENTILS,  and I want to share my experience.

Lentils are an amazing food, the best of the "leguminous", loaded with nutritional value.  About a fourth of their weight is plant protein, and other healthy components are fiber, foliate, iron, several B vitamins, and others.   For their qualities, they are amazingly inexpensive, with a pound of lentils costing in the US a little over one dollar.  ( dealing with nutrition it is practical to be somewhat familiar with the US units of weight:  a pound is a little less than half a kilo, and equal to 16 ounces )

It is advisable to let lentils soak overnight to absorb water, then rinse them out to remove unwanted lectins. They are very easy to prepare mixed with other ingredients.  I cook them with canned tomatoes, onions, beets, carrots, and green vegetables like broccoli, kale, collards, spinach.  They are ready to eat after cooking for about 10 minutes. 

Now that I am losing interest in meat I looked into complementing the lentils with some seeds to make a 'complete' protein.  I tried some of the best, the now fashionable chia seeds,  which at one fifth the weight of the lentils make a complete protein that perfectly replaces meats and poultry and dairy.   Another useful seed is sesame,  at about one fourth the weight of the lentils. 

And here I discovered some danger and precautions to take with some seeds.

Chia seeds in water absorb it rapidly to over 25 times their original weight, and form like a gel.  It is dangerous to eat a lot of dry chia seeds because they can bloat and obstruct the digestive system, like the esophagus. The same is true for the now fashionable quinoa seed.   My son warned me with a horror story:  he once had to operate on a young man who had ingested a lot of dry quinoa,  which bloated and created an obstruction in the small intestine;  he had to open the abdominal cavity and cut out a short section of intestine where the obstruction was!  Horrible!

So the chia seeds should also be placed in water and allowed to soak it up, maybe overnight, before using them in larger quantities.

I have now over 30 packs of lentils, about 15 kilos, and three pounds of chia seeds in my pantry.  If one of these days World War III breaks out and cuts the sources of food,  I will be able to survive for several months.   And in a healthy way, ha ha.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest vomitted
On 4/19/2022 at 12:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have now over 30 packs of lentils, about 15 kilos, and three pounds of chia seeds in my pantry.

Are you not tired of eating the same stuff every day, for the whole year and for your entire life now?  I would and even v.....

On 4/18/2022 at 8:36 PM, Guest vomitted said:

Are you not tired of eating the same stuff every day, for the whole year and for your entire life now?  I would and even v.....

No, I am not tired of eating lentils every day.  So many animals eat exactly the same their whole life long.  Cows eat always grass, horses eat always hey,  chicken eat always grains, elephants eat always plants,  and fish eat always... other fish.

I am an animal like any other,  but an intelligent animal,  he he.   But I don't eat ONLY lentils. I frequently eat other food, although very, very rarely food that I don't cook myself, like in a restaurant.

Note:  if you have to v.....,  cover your keyboard first.  Otherwise the keys may start getting sticky.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:27 AM, Steve5380 said:

For over three decades I have been eating twice a day,  for lunch and dinner,  LENTILS,  and I want to share my experience. lentils costing in the US a little over one dollar. 

It is advisable to let lentils soak overnight to absorb water, then rinse them out to remove unwanted lectins.

It is dangerous to eat a lot of dry chia seeds because they can bloat and obstruct the digestive system, like the esophagus. The same is true for the now fashionable quinoa seed. 

I have now over 30 packs of lentils, about 15 kilos, and three pounds of chia seeds in my pantry.

I read the above with a heavy heart.  You should live in the NORTH POLE. Even the rendeer eat better than that..  I nearly put on double weight eating few meals a day in small portion and with good amount of colors and varieties, all for FREE.   I will propose to Santa Clause if I meet him again.  Your plight must not go un-noticed.  Be patient,  Christmas is just about 6 months away. 

Terrible.

Edited by Why?

On 4/18/2022 at 9:21 PM, Why? said:

I read the above with a heavy heart.  You should live in the NORTH POLE. Even the rendeer eat better than that..  I nearly put on double weight eating few meals a day in small portion and with good amount of colors and varieties, all for FREE.   I will propose to Santa Clause if I meet him again.  Your plight must not go un-noticed.  Be patient,  Christmas is just about 6 months away. 

Terrible.

If you have a heavy heart you are at risk.  Enlarged heart is not healthy.  I take that you have been at the north pole and watched reindeer eat.  I have not.  I assume Santa Claus's reindeer eat nothing but candy?  This is not healthy.

Please learn to count.  Christmas is not 6 months away but 8 months.   I think that the way you reject good nutritional advice is Terrible.  If you put on double weight you should correct this ASAP!   Start immediately a good plan of fasting, and in previous pages of this thread you will find information on how to do this.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:52 AM, Steve5380 said:

I have not.  I assume Santa Claus's reindeer eat nothing but candy?  This is not healthy.

Please learn to count.  Christmas is not 6 months away but 8 months.   I think that the way you reject good nutritional advice is Terrible.  If you put on double weight you should correct this ASAP!   Start immediately a good plan of fasting,

Fasting? It is not happening at the North Pole.

Every nutritional values are taken care with unlimited supplies of goodies.   Favorable Jelly beans covered all the vitamins and electrolytes in different colors from A-Z. Marshmallows once toasted properly, produced the purest form of the ketone. A gummy bear gave you every Omega fatty acids needed. Thousands of types of Polyphenol and Phytonutrients are aplenty, in Santa’s garden, then made into chips, crackers, and cookies and you only need to dig your hand into any of those, in the Jars, with no restriction at all. You probably have not tasted the best ice cream yet. They were made with a combination of silky snowflake, Chia seed, flaxseed, and Polar Bear milk, very creamy and rich with quality protein. Not to mention their best chocolate is made also with a secret recipe that contained collagen to keep you young once you took a bite.  Does the above not explain why Santa never grows old and is still in his pink health for more than a thousand-year? What unhealthy lifestyle are you talking about here?

I thought you might also want to know that their candy cane, gave you 9 hours of deep un-interrupted sleep and an occasional wet dream at night, regardless of your age and that, helps to increase Melatonin production and sharpens your thinking process.

In case you forget, the North pole prepares Christmas 2 months in advance, and in your narrow view is considered 8 months away.  It is so fun and non stressful, life never grow old and our adrenaline became balanced as a result.   Have we met all the check boxes in your health department? 

Does the above not ideal for gays who will be seniors one day? 

On 4/19/2022 at 8:59 PM, Steve5380 said:

How many gay saunas are there at the North Pole?

I didn't count the number of hot springs, I think should not less than a hundred, but if you do not mind sharing them with naked Gnomes who enjoyed taking a hot dip  at night.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, Why? said:

I didn't count the number of hot springs, I think should not less than a hundred, but if you do not mind sharing them with naked Gnomes who enjoyed taking a hot dip  at night.

Soon they will be nothing but water at the North Pole.  Santa will need to anchor a barge there if he wants to keep his operations. 

But nothing should prevent you from dreaming about the North Pole.  Try some lentils to clean out your mind.

Guest Climate Change
On 4/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, Steve5380 said:

Soon they will be nothing but water at the North Pole.  Santa will need to anchor a barge there if he wants to keep his operations.

When all the ice melted, Earth became hot and there will be constant flooding like those recently happened in South Africa. Even lentils production will be affected.  What will you eat then?

On 4/19/2022 at 9:05 AM, Guest Climate Change said:

When all the ice melted, Earth became hot and there will be constant flooding like those recently happened in South Africa. Even lentils production will be affected.  What will you eat then?

I just bought six more pounds of lentils for only $5.94.  Now I have about 35 pounds.  

For the low price of $200 for ONE meal at a fancy restaurant in Singapore,  I could buy 202 pounds of lentils.  This could last me for a great part of the rest of my life,  depending on how long I will live.

Guest So kiasu
On 4/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, Steve5380 said:

I just bought six more pounds of lentils for only $5.94.  Now I have about 35 pounds.  

For the low price of $200 for ONE meal at a fancy restaurant in Singapore,  I could buy 202 pounds of lentils.  This could last me for a great part of the rest of my life,  depending on how long I will live.

Lentils no expiry date? Not fresh by the time it reached a few months before being consumed.  You should just keep stock for one month and replenish when it reached low. Much freshee than buying in bulk to keep. 

On 4/19/2022 at 11:48 AM, Guest So kiasu said:

Lentils no expiry date? Not fresh by the time it reached a few months before being consumed.  You should just keep stock for one month and replenish when it reached low. Much freshee than buying in bulk to keep. 

I have never seen an expiry date on packages of dry beans and lentils.

I consume about one pound (one package) of lentils a week.  So 35 packages will last me about 8 months.  This is not a long time for dried beans,  and my pantry stays cool and dry.     Here is some information about lentils:

https://www.doesitgobad.com/do-lentils-go-bad/

How Long Do Dried Lentils Last?

Dried lentils retain quality for at least 2 to 3 years, if you keep them sealed and away from moisture and heat.

They stay safe for months and even years longer, but their nutritional value diminishes over time. After about 5 years, most of the vitamin content is pretty much gone.

If you buy them packaged, dried lentils usually come with a best-by date, which indicates how long the product should retain peak quality. It’s not an expiration date and has nothing to do with food safety.

And when it comes to dry lentils (similar to dried beans), they keep well for months or even years past that date, depending on storage conditions.

Guest Oops!!!!
On 4/20/2022 at 2:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

I consume about one pound (one package) of lentils a week.  So 35 packages will last me about 8 months.

Eeeewww...arrgh......Eeeewwww...*cough*.....eeeeww,......BLARGH!

Sorry for making you clean up.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:07 PM, Guest Oops!!!! said:

Eeeewww...arrgh......Eeeewwww...*cough*.....eeeeww,......BLARGH!

Sorry for making you clean up.

No problem.  You forgot to open your mouth,  so it all went down again.  They say that it tastes better the first time.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

I consume about one pound (one package) of lentils a week.  So 35 packages will last me about 8 months.  This is not a long time for dried beans,  and my pantry stays cool and dry.   

Look like your uninteresting eating habbit is going to change anytime soon.  How do you prepare your lentils for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week?   No mushroom, no spices and herbs, no sauce or dressings, no meats, no oil, no seasoning?   I thought its preparation is similar to cooking a wholesome Mediterranean pasta.  I may be asking too much here.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:16 AM, Why? said:

Look like your uninteresting eating habbit is going to change anytime soon.  How do you prepare your lentils for lunch and dinner, 7 days a week?   No mushroom, no spices and herbs, no sauce or dressings, no meats, no oil, no seasoning?   I thought its preparation is similar to cooking a wholesome Mediterranean pasta.  I may be asking too much here.

No, you are not asking too much.  I eat lentils for lunch and dinner every day, but this is not the only food I eat.   I have been eating a lot of asparagus that are dead cheap now,  salmon filets twice a week,  steel cut oats with turmeric, I drink whey protein, hot tomato juice, For dessert a slice of pineapple, that is dead cheap now, and a granny smith apple.  Plus a serving of chocolate ice cream to feed my spirit.

MY lentils I cook now every 4 days, heating up canned tomatoes in a pot over a gas stove, adding beets, onions, carrots, the soaked lentils and a later a green vegetable.  After 12 minutes this is ready, and I add chia seeds that have been soaking and swelling overnight.  It is a good mix of complex carbohydrates plus complete protein.  And it tastes great!  (of course, after eating it for so many years... ) 

Guest Nature wonders
On 4/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, Steve5380 said:

No, you are not asking too much.  I eat lentils for lunch and dinner every day, but this is not the only food I eat.   I have been eating a lot of asparagus that are dead cheap now,  salmon filets twice a week,  steel cut oats with turmeric, I drink whey protein, hot tomato juice, For dessert a slice of pineapple, that is dead cheap now, and a granny smith apple.  Plus a serving of chocolate ice cream to feed my spirit.

MY lentils I cook now every 4 days, heating up canned tomatoes in a pot over a gas stove, adding beets, onions, carrots, the soaked lentils and a later a green vegetable.  After 12 minutes this is ready, and I add chia seeds that have been soaking and swelling overnight.  It is a good mix of complex carbohydrates plus complete protein.  And it tastes great!  (of course, after eating it for so many years... ) 

U should add nutritional yeast to give the  meal the cheesy taste.  Anyway unlike you, I eat raw colorful salads and fruit juice only. I munch nuts as snack and drank herbal tea. I love to taste nature in its pure form while watching planet earth. Too raw?

On 4/21/2022 at 10:26 PM, Steve5380 said:

MY lentils , heating up canned tomatoes in a pot over a gas stove, adding beets, onions, carrots, the soaked lentils and a later a green vegetable.  After 12 minutes this is ready, and I add chia seeds that have been soaking and swelling overnight.

It look like soggy meal presented completely in red and covered with bloated "frog eggs".   I will close my eyes if forced to take a tiny sip and probably wash it down quickly with tonnes of water.  I admired your resilence. 

On 4/21/2022 at 10:54 AM, Guest Nature wonders said:

U should add nutritional yeast to give the  meal the cheesy taste.  Anyway unlike you, I eat raw colorful salads and fruit juice only. I munch nuts as snack and drank herbal tea. I love to taste nature in its pure form while watching planet earth. Too raw?

I also munch nuts as snack and drink green tea.  I also love my food as close to its nature as possible,  without processing.

But I don't drink any fruit juice.  I prefer to eat the whole fruit.  In this way I avoid an overload of sugar, the fructose, and gain the benefits of the fiber in the fruits.  Some vegetables are fine when eaten raw in salads,  others are more nutritious after short cooking.  It is known that the absorbing of the nutrients in vegetables requires that they are crushed as best as possible, either by long chewing or by blending. 

On 4/26/2022 at 6:10 AM, Why? said:

It look like soggy meal presented completely in red and covered with bloated "frog eggs".   I will close my eyes if forced to take a tiny sip and probably wash it down quickly with tonnes of water.  I admired your resilence. 

Look like??  All you see is your imagination.  And you cannot "take a sip" of lentils, tiny or big.  They are not liquid, but solid. A nice small solid bean cooked soft. 

You don't need to admire my resilience, but admire my smartness and nutritional ability.  The resilience comes from eating this good food.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:17 AM, Steve5380 said:

Look like??  All you see is your imagination.  And you cannot "take a sip" of lentils, tiny or big.  They are not liquid, but solid. A nice small solid bean cooked soft. 

You don't need to admire my resilience, but admire my smartness and nutritional ability.  The resilience comes from eating this good food.

I never doubt your nutritionally prepared meal.  Personally, I prefer not just nutritions, but also visually appealing meal and in deliciousness. Almost like Japanese style, where their simple meal was prepared aesthetically pleasing and soul nourishing just by looking at them.   Your hit and run meal do not need to match,  *ahem!*...........Halloween standard.

Edited by Why?

On 4/27/2022 at 1:18 PM, Why? said:

Personally, I prefer not just nutritions, but also visually appealing meal and in deliciousness. Almost like Japanese style, where their simple meal was prepared aesthetically pleasing and soul nourishing just by looking at their meal.

Could not agree more. If anyone believes that lentils are the only "good food", they deserve such a boring diet. Cuisines in many countries, especially in Asia, are wonderfully nourishing and as @Why? points out are so visually appealing to the point where you really want to eat. Odd, surely, that Japan with its fabulous food has one of the oldest living populations. And certain towns in Italy have wonderful diets and the largest percentage of the population over 100 years old. Perhaps @Steve5380 should change his residence and enjoy a much wider varity of nutritional foods.

Odd, too, how in comparable countries, the USA has the lowest life expectancy at birth.

On 4/27/2022 at 2:35 PM, InBangkok said:

Could not agree more. If anyone believes that lentils are the only "good food", they deserve such a boring diet. Cuisines in many countries, especially in Asia, are wonderfully nourishing and as @Why? points out are so visually appealing to the point where you really want to eat. Odd, surely, that Japan with its fabulous food has one of the oldest living populations. And certain towns in Italy have wonderful diets and the largest percentage of the population over 100 years old. Perhaps @Steve5380 should change his residence and enjoy a much wider varity of nutritional foods.

Odd, too, how in comparable countries, the USA has the lowest life expectancy at birth.

at least I have to agree with Steve (on this round, haha) that lentils are very healthy food.

We should eat more lentils and not so much on meats. they are good for the digestion also.

In Singapore you find good varieties of lentils with the Indian dishes.

For me, I have the problem in getting lentils sufficiently soft and I find cooking lentils for hours not environmentally friendly. Maybe a pressure cooker can help. But it needs a bit of preparation and placing lentils into water for a night or so.

But I agree also that there must be variety in meals. Eating the same every day or plenty times of the week seems not very appetising.

Yes, good Italian pasta and Mediterranean cuisine should not be underestimated also.

My bf's always told me that I cook with my heart.... haha. what translates that my dishes always looked visually appealing...

On 4/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, singalion said:

Yes, good Italian pasta and Mediterranean cuisine should not be underestimated also.

I have noting against lentils. But I could never eat them every day - nor would I wish to. IOccasionally for me means at most once a fortnight. I  believe in a varied diet and enjoy a varied diet, eating a lot of healthy Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese cuisine in addition to some Italian, Australian fusion and other cuisines.

Frankly the reason why the citizens of some Italian towns live much longer lives has nothing to do with pasta. Fava beans are often part of a diet which also consists of barley, olive oil, certain red wine, tomatoes, potatoes, kohlrabi, plenty of different fish and sourdough bread. And Italian dishes always look so tempting, just as Japanese dishes do, although in a totally different way.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:51 PM, InBangkok said:

I have noting against lentils. But I could never eat them every day - nor would I wish to. IOccasionally for me means at most once a fortnight. I  believe in a varied diet and enjoy a varied diet, eating a lot of healthy Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai and Chinese cuisine in addition to some Italian, Australian fusion and other cuisines.

Frankly the reason why the citizens of some Italian towns live much longer lives has nothing to do with pasta. Fava beans are often part of a diet which also consists of barley, olive oil, certain red wine, tomatoes, potatoes, kohlrabi, plenty of different fish and sourdough bread. And Italian dishes always look so tempting, just as Japanese dishes do, although in a totally different way.

sure Italy has refined dishes which have nothing to do with pasta.

However, pasta is mostly the main dish at least 3 times a week if not more.

But durum wheat flour is not unhealthy or at least healthier than egg based noodles made of normal flour.

The main Mediterranean cuisine turns around olive oil, variety of vegetable, yes more fish/ seafood than meat...

I lived 3 years in the wonderful Provence Region at Aix en Provence and due to the Italian origin/heritage  of the Provencal people was made well aware of the specific Mediterranean cuisine. Not to forget the wonderful markets for fruits, vegetable etc. Tasting fresh olive oil from the region cannot compare with most of the industrial olive oils sold here. One of my favourites was fresh cheese from goat or sheep and you would be surprised how you can utilise this cheese for various dishes. The taste directly from a farm is unmatched with what you get at supermarkets.

I admit, Provence turned me to a snob when in comes to food. haha

The health benefits of red wine are only applicable in moderate consumption (and I think the people nowadays don't keep with that moderation...)

What I fear with many Asian dishes is the unhealthy additives and taste enhancers.

There are healthy Chinese or Japanese dishes but not all. When I see what people eat here, plenty is quite unhealthy and the balance of vegetable to meat is not always in the right proportions, but that could be also a factor of more money available and people tend to eat more and more meats. also the portions seem a bit too much very often.

I don't regret any day in Provence as I improved my cooking skills and the appreciation of home cooked food during those times.

For sure you are right, eating lentils every day is exaggerated and surely no longer healthy. I fully agree to that.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:56 AM, singalion said:

at least I have to agree with Steve (on this round, haha) that lentils are very healthy food.

We should eat more lentils and not so much on meats. they are good for the digestion also.

In Singapore you find good varieties of lentils with the Indian dishes.

For me, I have the problem in getting lentils sufficiently soft and I find cooking lentils for hours not environmentally friendly. Maybe a pressure cooker can help. But it needs a bit of preparation and placing lentils into water for a night or so.

But I agree also that there must be variety in meals. Eating the same every day or plenty times of the week seems not very appetising.

My bf's always told me that I cook with my heart.... haha. what translates that my dishes always looked visually appealing...

It's good that you can recognize the good for its value instead of attacking it with some trivia for the sake of contradicting. 

Lentils (and other beans) plus some seeds that complement them for complete protein are a valid replacement for meats. We should not feel compelled to be full vegetarians, but to eat less meat is a healthy choice, also good for the environment and the rest of the animal kingdom.

I have found no problems with eating lentils every day.  Don't many Asians eat rice every day?  These foods are very versatile, and can combine perfectly with other foods.  We can even cook meat with lentils, like my grandmother used to do. 

We also drink WATER every day.  Yes, we all do!  There is WATER in coffee, tea, soups, smoothies.  There is no liquid we ingest that does not contain WATER.  And we cannot live without ingesting liquids.

You should never cook lentils for very long.  They should be soft, not mushy.  Same as rice.  There is no need for the higher temperatures of a pressure cooker.  I only use pressure cooking for brown rice and to make broth out of bones.  Having lentils soaked in water overnight and then rinsing them reduces significantly their cooking time, to maybe 10, 12 minutes, and it removes unwanted lectins from their skin.

I have to confess that the way the food I eat "looks like" has vanished from my consciousness.  I now eat purely with my mouth and not with my eyes.  I also don't need to have perfect table settings to eat a good meal.  This comes with being alone, and doing something else while eating, like watching the news on TV.   As a result,  I find the practice of haute ornamentation of food, like it is done in some fine restaurants,  somewhat ridiculous.

On 4/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, Steve5380 said:

This comes with being alone, and doing something else while eating, like watching the news on TV. 

Eating home cooked food while watching TV or reading phones or watching vids on the phone is a total no go for me.

Take some time to get off from entertainment and distraction ...

On 4/27/2022 at 1:18 AM, Why? said:

I never doubt your nutritionally prepared meal.  Personally, I prefer not just nutritions, but also visually appealing meal and in deliciousness. Almost like Japanese style, where their simple meal was prepared aesthetically pleasing and soul nourishing just by looking at them.   Your hit and run meal do not need to match,  *ahem!*...........Halloween standard.

Good,  thanks for not doubting!  

I am more for separating functions.  Nutrition for mouth and the digestive system.  visually appealing for the eyes and the visual center in the brain.   But what I find affecting my taste is the intellectual knowledge of nutritional value.  Knowing that what I eat is healthy... makes it taste better!  And in the end, one gets used to anything, ha ha.

My meals are NOT  "hit and run".   Yes, I have to run to the grocery store to buy food, and hit the kitchen to cook it. There are other things I rather do,  but I prepare my food with love and care.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, singalion said:

Eating home cooked food while watching TV or reading phones or watching vids on the phone is a total no go for me.

Take some time to get off from entertainment and distraction ...

Maybe you choose to be more 'natural'.  After all,  cows and other animals also eat in their pastures while looking at nothing but the distance...

On 4/27/2022 at 9:12 AM, singalion said:

Maybe you still did not get it that my purpose for being at BW is surely not to attack someone , and surely not with trivia...

I didn't write "attacking someone"  but "attacking it (something)".   Don't you attack some of the ideologies of @7heaven ?

On 4/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, Steve5380 said:

I have to confess that the way the food I eat "looks like" has vanished from my consciousness.  I now eat purely with my mouth and not with my eyes.  

You eat without consciousness and sight? I am so sorry to hear that. 

On 4/27/2022 at 10:41 AM, Guest Sad said:

You eat without consciousness and sight? I am so sorry to hear that. 

Who told you that without sight is without consciousness?   Of course I am very conscious wile eating, knowing exactly what I eat and doing it right.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:07 AM, singalion said:

I don't regret any day in Provence as I improved my cooking skills and the appreciation of home cooked food during those times.

For sure you are right, eating lentils every day is exaggerated and surely no longer healthy. I fully agree to that.

I am sorry, but here you are completely wrong!  There is nothing unhealthy in lentils,  eaten every year or every day.  And it is not an exaggeration, like it is not exaggerated to drink a cup or two of coffee every day.  

But you are right in doing mostly home cooking.  And the Mediterranean cuisine is a good one, in moderation.

The healthy aspect of drinking wine is an invention of the wine industry.  The healthies wine is NO wine.  Although it can have some benefits in relieving stress, but then it is easy to try to relieve too much stress,  ha ha.  Wine has too little resveratrol to give it health benefits.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:07 PM, singalion said:

I lived 3 years in the wonderful Provence Region at Aix en Provence and due to the Italian origin/heritage  of the Provencal people was made well aware of the specific Mediterranean cuisine.

I spent three wonderful weeks in Aix en Provence for work but quite some time ago. To saunter down to the Cours Mirabeau for coffee and freshly made croissants in the morning was bliss. I enjoyed eating not just in some of the city's restaurants but also in some of the small auberges outside the city. One free day a few of us drove to Chateauneuf du Pape to have a superb lunch at the vineyard and imbide some of its heady and beautifully rich red wine. I returned to Aix in 2006 with the intention of visiting a special centenary exhibition of the works of Cezane. Stupidly I had not booked and as my two days were at the end of the exhibition the tickets were all sold out. But the meals were just as enjoyable.

Guest Guest
On 4/27/2022 at 5:56 PM, singalion said:

If the food is good, people will compliment you directly. That's just a nice way of saying that your food is as ugly and tasteless as your heart, and he knew fully well that your ego will romanticized whatever you hear of yourself. In the meantime, here's a burner for you to cook whatever you want in it, may it be your food, your ego, or yourself.

tg/ - Traditional Games

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.