Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

17 minutes ago, Guest Sexless said:

For gay who will be senior one day, best is to stop thinking and talking about sex because your sexual vibrant years have long passed. 

For gay who becomes senior one day, best is to keep sex in one's life since after the strong urges have passed, it can be kept at a lower priority and dealt with on fewer occasions, and even with some humor.  

3 hours ago, Guest Yitang said:

Curious on your thoughts of cremation in regards to a potential resurrection of the Dead during the End Times.

Your post is for me the first instance of a suggestion to think about cremation in regards to a potential resurrection of the Dead during the End of Times. 

It comes coincidentally after a little letter I received yesterday from a "Neptune Society", claimed to be "the largest provider of cremation in the US",  asking for interest in simple cremation at an affordable price without unnecessary services... etc. Since I don't have yet a firm date for my cremation,  I didn't see a need to respond.

I think that the right person to ask your question is a PhD in biology,  who could better know if it is easier to reconstruct on the day of reckoning a body that has been cremated, or one that has been devoured by the worms and bacteria which have died themselves long time ago.  I think that this is up to the technology The Heaven has to reconstruct dead bodies. 

Edited by Steve5380

I notice that this thread has received 10,000 views since 10 months ago in February.  This means an average of 1000 views per month.  I am glad that so many readers can be reached with answers of very earth-shuttering crucial questions like the one I just answered in the post above.  :) 

Guest Behind the keyboard
15 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I notice that this thread has received 10,000 views since 10 months ago in February.  This means an average of 1000 views per month.  I am glad...

You look very pleased.  I confess,  I viewed this topic 33 times a day, trying to make sense of the discussion here and still non the wiser. 

2 hours ago, Guest Behind the keyboard said:

You look very pleased.  I confess,  I viewed this topic 33 times a day, trying to make sense of the discussion here and still non the wiser. 

Guest, please don't hide Behind the keyboard.  You are wise enough to realize that I am pleased, and by trying to make sense of nutrition "science", of which we all try to become wiser.  Yet you don't need to monopolize this thread viewing it 33.33 times a day, but let others see it too. 

Edited by Steve5380

17 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I notice that this thread has received 10,000 views since 10 months ago in February.  This means an average of 1000 views per month.  I am glad that so many readers can be reached with answers of very earth-shuttering crucial questions like the one I just answered in the post above.  :) 

It is always good to exactly know what not to do to save your life from online scams and quacks.

This experience is one that I have never really shared but I want to write it here to see if anyone else has ever experienced anything similar.  Years ago, I went to New Mexico and i was at an outdoor concert with some friends. I saw the musicians and was very drawn to the drummer because i admire the skills of someone capable of mastering rhythm and beats. After the concert my friend introduced us to someone she was dating in the band and the rest of the guys greeted us one by one. The drummer walked over to us after he was connecting with his wife and child.  He said hello to us afyer every other member had come and greeted us. I remember looking into his eyes and remembering something familiar about them.

When we shook hands, I saw a flash, almost like a memory pulling me back into a scene where he and I were lovers in the past. This wasn't this life and we were in a very intimate scene together. It was so intimate and romantic that I was shocked by the pull into what i had just seen. 

I don't know how long we actually had been "shaking hands" but the flashback was so intense that i dropped my mouth open and said, "Did you see that?" He replied, "I did", and paused for a while, then continued to say,  "its nice to meet you, again."

We both felt so immensely grateful and also embarrassed to stay any longer that we held eye contact for a while as we parted ways and he returned to his family. 

I didn't say or want anything else from it. It was like a remarkable moment that a single touch induced a past life memory that i haven't seen or remembered since.

53 minutes ago, Guest Alfred said:

This experience is one that I have never really shared but I want to write it here to see if anyone else has ever experienced anything similar.  Years ago, I went to New Mexico and i was at an outdoor concert with some friends. I saw the musicians and was very drawn to the drummer because i admire the skills of someone capable of mastering rhythm and beats. After the concert my friend introduced us to someone she was dating in the band and the rest of the guys greeted us one by one. The drummer walked over to us after he was connecting with his wife and child.  He said hello to us afyer every other member had come and greeted us. I remember looking into his eyes and remembering something familiar about them.

When we shook hands, I saw a flash, almost like a memory pulling me back into a scene where he and I were lovers in the past. This wasn't this life and we were in a very intimate scene together. It was so intimate and romantic that I was shocked by the pull into what i had just seen. 

I don't know how long we actually had been "shaking hands" but the flashback was so intense that i dropped my mouth open and said, "Did you see that?" He replied, "I did", and paused for a while, then continued to say,  "its nice to meet you, again."

We both felt so immensely grateful and also embarrassed to stay any longer that we held eye contact for a while as we parted ways and he returned to his family. 

I didn't say or want anything else from it. It was like a remarkable moment that a single touch induced a past life memory that i haven't seen or remembered since.

You don't need to be a believer,  if you are an agnostic then everything is possible,  everything that is not contradicted by real facts.   No one can prove the absence of an afterlife,  so there is a nonzero probability that the two of you were lovers in a previous life.

Have you ever heard of a new book "Smarter not Harder" by Dave Asprey?

I hadn't, until I watched the following video:

After this,  I am impatiently waiting to get on Saturday his book I ordered from Amazon.  But I already have a good feeling for the author, as well as the interviewer Stephany Estima.  I had to laugh all the time that Dave described his choice of animal protein over plant-based protein.  I liked his theory that since we are made of animal protein and not plant protein, it makes sense that ingesting the former fits much better with us. He adds that the food from animals may have some elements, enzymes, etc. some of them not yet discovered, that are missing in plants.  One Point for this!  Then he talks about his discoveries that give the same or better results from little exercise than from much of it.  Another Point if he is right.   At the end he talks about the triggers that can generate the negative emotions that wear us out, and how to get rid of them, plus the idea that we should all become powerful to the point of being dangerous, but without having negative triggers.  Another good Point.  I found watching this whole long video very much worth my time.

I cannot avoid comparing Dave Asprey with this other "guru" Dr. Michael Greger and his book "How not to Age" full of plant-base ideologies which I mentioned in an earlier post.  I think that I will return Greger's book after reading in it all that interests me,  I have until the end of January to do so.  My estimation of Dr. Greger has shrunk to the status of a guy who just gathered and compiled his tens of thousands of articles, references.  Much questionable stuff is not better than little questionable stuff, ha ha.

5 hours ago, Guest Mina San said:

How do you stay positive despite of the things happening in the world today?

I find that it is not easy to stay positive given the drama and evil that exist in the world.  But it can be done.

One first action is to realize and accept that all our frustrations, deceptions, angers over what we learn in the news have ZERO effect to reduce them,  unless we have much power. If we are powerless like I am, we need to give priority to our mental health which is cultivated by being positive, optimistic, happy. 

To disengage from the pain and suffering of others can give feelings of guilt from ignoring them, but our reason can help us to overcome this by remembering that drama and evil have always existed and will always exist.   The only way to get rid of these is to eliminate all forms of life.

I jump over the news about Israel - Palestinian conflict because I know they will upset me.  But I enjoy the news of the increasing problems of Trump and his cronies with the criminal law and civil law. This gives me hope that Justice will prevail.

This is such a lame boring thread that's only good for putting readers to sleep. The one user of the thread made almost 2x the numbers of posts from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest contributors combined. :thumbdown:

28 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

This is such a lame boring thread that's only good for putting readers to sleep. The one user of the thread made almost 2x the numbers of posts from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th largest contributors combined. :thumbdown:

How can you be so dumb to post often in this thread that you find so lame and boring?  Is you life so void of any happiness, any purpose,  that you have to seek the "lame and boring" ???   I'm sorry to say,  but you deserve a lot of pity!

2 hours ago, Guest Meh Meh Lao said:

Are you able to get lost during astral projection and not make it back to your own body? Are you able to get lost during AP and not make it back to your own body?

You think that losing your body during "astral projection"  is an ABILITY?   Or is it rather an idiotic, stupid, supreme incompetence?  If one loses one's body, one deserves it !!

I don't think about "astral projection" because there is no evidence an Agnostic may find that it is something other than infantile superstition.  Society all over the World is full of deceptive inventions, fairy tales, seducing and fearful stories intended to misguide and attract suckers for malevolent purposes, often for profit.

Edited by Steve5380

23 minutes ago, Guest Imbia said:

Who or what do you think is the biggest enemy of Mother Earth and why?

I don't know if the name "Mother Earth" fits a planet like the Earth.  Our native planet does not have a gender, and it does not give birth to little baby planets.

I am not aware that planets, all other celestial bodies, all inorganic matter, have "enemies".  I hope I am right, because otherwise,  if the Earth would fall to one of its enemies,  then we all would be doomed with it !!

Guest Really?!!
8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't know if the name "Mother Earth" fits a planet like the Earth.  Our native planet does not have a gender, and it does not give birth to little baby planets.

I am not aware that planets, all other celestial bodies, all inorganic matter, have "enemies".  I hope I am right, because otherwise,  if the Earth would fall to one of its enemies,  then we all would be doomed with it !!

For gay who will be senior one day, please try not to bore others with salad words. 

28 minutes ago, Guest Really?!! said:

For gay who will be senior one day, please try not to bore others with salad words. 

I am a gay who became a senior one day,  and now I am bored by salads.  Some say that salads are healthy,  but I prefer to eat plant food in more nutritious ways than salads.  Like my main dish for many decades,  lentils with vegetables.  Or my recent dish after the daily fasting:  a bowl with hemp meal, flaxseed meal and pressure-cooked quinoa, all cooked in the microwave,  with added cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper and olive oil.  Yum!  :) 

Today on Christmas Day, with the blessing of Jesus Christ I am looking into an issue I have with a little pain in my right shoulder articulation that comes up during Aikido sword practices, that I want to eliminate.

I found a good video by the Cute Guy, who always posts good videos full of humor:

I fully trust Cute Guy with everything that has to do with our musculature.  I think he is right with his principle "Think Muscle", instead of relying on much rest, ice, heat, pain killers and... surgeries.

There are many videos on YouTube about shoulder pain.  Among them we can find other good ones.  Here is one I could also trust, a little more technical:

Guest Child Of God
On 12/26/2023 at 4:32 AM, Steve5380 said:

Today on Christmas Day, with the blessing of Jesus Christ I am looking into an issue I have with a little pain in my right shoulder articulation that comes up during Aikido sword practices, that I want to eliminate.

I hope you continue to seek Blessings from Jesus Christ in the year 2024.   Jesus also told me that you should speak less ill about China in the year ahead. 

Happy New Year!! 

6 minutes ago, Guest Child Of God said:

I hope you continue to seek Blessings from Jesus Christ in the year 2024.   Jesus also told me that you should speak less ill about China in the year ahead. 

Happy New Year!! 

God told me to tell u to post with yr real login id instead of guest

Edited by Balestier

3 hours ago, Guest Child Of God said:

Happy New Year!! 

Happy New Year to you too!!  I have been receiving plenty of Blessings from whoever or whatever created us,  and I am confident that this will continue.  In the end,  I think that everything is for good.

I regret that you find much ill in what I write about China.  I think that the Chinese are good people, and I admire the progress they have made in the last decades.  I wish that they soon get rid of their totalitarian government,  which has the idiocy of proclaiming that they will invade Taiwan by force in 2027, something that can only harm them.   As a result, there is a new arms race in the region.  If the CCP is so evil, it should have kept their plans to themselves,  like Hitler did about his invasion of Poland.   Hopefully the strength that is building up in China's vicinity will dissuade them from making stupid moves, and then with more freedom,  China will recover from its economic troubles and emerge as a PACIFIC superpower.

Posted (edited)

In this peaceful rainy January afternoon and cozy at home,  my heart suddenly woke up and started melting down like butter in the pan.  A beautiful emotional state.

The reason was the sound of music, of Schubert's Ständchen (Serenade), played nicely in the following video:

I have heard this song with piano and voice a million times throughout my life, as part of Schubert's Schwanengesang (Swan Song) cycle.   The version here is for piano solo,  arranged by Liszt.  I like the melody in the piano instead of voice, because it is more effortless, and I don't have to sing when I play the song, ha ha.

But I stop listening at 3:50,  the end by the first pianist Brigitte Engerer, who plays the song without the dumb embellishments added by Liszt. 

I will never be lonely thanks to my spiritual friend Franz Schubert.

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a message that can be crucial for us gays who will be seniors, or just old, one day!!

Here, guru Dr. Gundry interviews Dr. Gabrielle Lyon,  a scientist specializing in geriatric preventive medicine and study of musculature, author of a best-seller book "Forever Strong: A New Science-Based Strategy for Aging Well".

We all want to AGE WELL!  :) 

She makes the case,  like the Cute Guy and his "think muscle" in videos I have posted,  that our muscles should be the center of our attention, to preserve as best as possible in our later years.   Not only because they give strength, functionality, good looks, but also because they have a positive role in our metabolism.

And, by the way,  she favors animal protein over plant protein,  ( a kick in the ass to this cocky vegan fanatic Dr.Michael Greger.)  Sooo... let's have a good workout plan for 2024,  either in a gym or at home.  :thumb: 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:32 AM, Steve5380 said:

Your post is for me the first instance of a suggestion to think about cremation in regards to a potential resurrection of the Dead during the End of Times. 

It comes coincidentally after a little letter I received yesterday from a "Neptune Society", claimed to be "the largest provider of cremation in the US",  asking for interest in simple cremation at an affordable price without unnecessary services... etc. Since I don't have yet a firm date for my cremation,  I didn't see a need to respond.

I think that the right person to ask your question is a PhD in biology,  who could better know if it is easier to reconstruct on the day of reckoning a body that has been cremated, or one that has been devoured by the worms and bacteria which have died themselves long time ago.  I think that this is up to the technology The Heaven has to reconstruct dead bodies. 

Lucky it wasn't the Mao Society asking you for mummification services... 🤣

On 12/21/2023 at 4:41 AM, Steve5380 said:

I assume the viewers are spies from Social Media Influencers and geriatrics services and medical, pharma etc...

They just want to know what is the hot topic to create some more products that cost a lot but have no effect against aging and looks...

8 hours ago, singalion said:

I assume the viewers are spies from Social Media Influencers and geriatrics services and medical, pharma etc...

They just want to know what is the hot topic to create some more products that cost a lot but have no effect against aging and looks...

You may be childish again, like with the "sky vegetable", ha ha.

The viewers you describe would be terribly disappointed.  Because this thread does not deal with "products" but with ACTIONS that are practically free and have a very positive effect in fighting aging and preserving looks.

Here I am again this cold winter day cozy at home drinking my morning coffee.   I am accompanied by my spiritual friend Franz Schubert, experiencing what may be one of the most sublime works in musical art, which he created.

It might take a while for us lovers of classical music to recognize and appreciate the heights of Chamber Music.  It is like us humans who enjoy good food ( like lentils with vegetables ) cultivate our taste to the point that we recognize the value of Haute Cuisine.

Schubert's Quintet in C Major D. 956 is one of the last works the young Schubert composed before he passed away.  The following recording of this masterpiece is one of the best:

It might be smart to listen to this video, at least the beginning,  repeated times to become familiar with this music, which is so positive for the musical center in our spirit. 

8 hours ago, singalion said:

Lucky it wasn't the Mao Society asking you for mummification services... 🤣

Thank you.  Your post reveals that you estimate that I am so transcendental that I should be mummified instead of cremated :)  

I keep finding cases of body excellence role models.  Ballet dancers often qualify for this. 

Giorgi Potskhishvili..  in the Dutch National Ballet...  does not sound very "Dutch".  My idea of Dutch men is someone a little overweight with his stomach full of sweet hopjes and Dutch chocolates...   No, I'm not serious!

This dancer has more of a hunk body type than the nice Asians I have posted about earlier.  Nonetheless it is an amazing body, product to decades of hard work. And on a second thought, he is just... PERFECT.  A "Sky Vegetable" of high quality!  As usual, this model reaffirms my conviction that WE ALL can improve our own bodies in something by some investment in discipline and work,  which in us seniors pay high dividends.

It must be SUPER to have a body like these ballet dancers,  although... it comes at some cost.   Given the choice, I would always prefer the profession of an electrical engineer and being smart enough to stay in good shape.  

In the following video we see the details in the life of a prima ballerina, and it looks like much glory but not all roses. Like the stress and stomach cramps before a performance,  the effort to stay always in top form, etc.  I never had this stress at work,  even when my work had its ups and downs no one would notice, and I would get my salary paid regularly.

I found another video that shook my spirit,  my whole belief of where I come from!  

While trying to understand why I enjoy the practice of Aikido,  I have speculated that I may be the reincarnation of an ancient Samurai.  When I see this ( ridiculous ) video,  I combine this with my speculation of where my attraction of Asians come from,  my likeness for China and the Chinese people  (  I only detest Xi Jinping and his whole CCP ),  and I finally come to the realization that I most probably am the reincarnation of HUO YUANTIN.   I also have a good body like he had,  adjusted of course for age.  I also can sustain endlessly the courage to contain and neutralize the constant attacks by my detractors at BW, while responding to them with kindness and substance.   I am a fighter against evil,  wahahahahahahaha..aaa, but I don't take evil too seriously.  I realize that there is no absolute evil in the universe,  only the one we perceive among living creatures.

I also realize that there is little or no evil at this gay forum BW,  and so I can write here in "my thread" an idiotic post like this one.  :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

17 hours ago, Guest David said:

Why did God planted a forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden. and what is the purpose of the fruit?

Good question!

Any answer must reveal the lack of sense and logic by the writers of the Jewish Torah when they invented their religion.  

Who is the PRIMARY RESPONSIBLE for the existence of the "forbidden fruit" in the garden of Eden,  if not the very God who planted it ??   Notice that the Torah didn't even resort to the lame excuse that it was not God, but the Devil,  who planted this fruit tree!  

If God created us humans to play around with our innate weaknesses, to subject us to endless SINS,  we have to ask ourselves:  "what deranged, cruel, sick mind will bring to life imperfect living organisms  ( who but the Creator is responsible for such imperfect organisms? )  to then torture them during their short life and eventually throughout all eternity?" 

Since it is impossible to conceive such an abominable God,  it stands to reason to recognize that He is simply a fantasy. :) 

Edited by Steve5380

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If God created us humans to play around with our innate weaknesses, subject us to endless SINS

God is exercising democracy for human beings.   You should be grateful that God has given you a great deal of freedom and space since the beginning of time, since you are an enthusiastic Democrat.  Don't blame God if you ended up relishing the murder of schoolchildren.  It is your personal choice, not God's.

5 hours ago, Sweetie Pie said:

God is exercising democracy for human beings.   You should be grateful that God has given you a great deal of freedom and space since the beginning of time, since you are an enthusiastic Democrat.  Don't blame God if you ended up relishing the murder of schoolchildren.  It is your personal choice, not God's.

In the "good old times" they believed that illness was a consequence of SIN.  Those who had leprosy, had it because they had SINNED.   Today more and more we start to realize that what is called SIN may be the consequence of illness,  mental illness.

The idea of FREE WILL was invented together with religion,  because it is essential if there is going to be SIN.  Today we can safely realize that this is bullshit,  because the actions of many abominable criminals like Hitler and Trump can be attributed to mental illness caused by some trauma, or inborn.  Like the shooter in Uvalde who killed 20 children and then committed suicide,  what did SIN, the "intentional offence of God", had to do with his state of mind?  He was simply screwed up because of who-knows-what.  

I don't relish the murder of schoolchildren,  because my mental health is excellent.  How about you?

Guest Ben
6 hours ago, Guest Shanti said:

How did you know that you are a reincarnated?How did you know that you are a reincarnated?

Why keep on repeating? You think he can't get the question at first time?

2 hours ago, Guest Ben said:

Why keep on repeating? You think he can't get the question at first time?

Thank you for the observation you made.  My old EYES are not DEAF yet.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Guest Shanti said:

How did you know that you are a reincarnated?How did you know that you are a reincarnated?

With millions of nice Asians believing in reincarnation and karma,  why cannot I play with this idea too?

With millions of nice Asians believing in reincarnation and karma,  why cannot I play with this idea too?

I have been reading with interest the dissertations in other threads about dicks 7.0866 inches ( 18 cm ) long,  and about the details of being fucked by younger guys.  This inspired me to write something positive for gays who will be seniors one day. 

With age comes maturity, and changes in attitudes.  Maturity with age does not imply the end of sex.  It merely brings out more the enjoyment over the passion.  And so, the penetration in sex takes second place to more exquisite acts. 

There is a music that is ideal to listen during and after enjoying sex,  and it is from a well known source:

Skip to the 2nd movement of this concerto, at 11:15.  You may be familiar already with this peaceful, sublime music that had to come from the genius of a young Mozart.    With it,  the caresses and kisses with the partner come in perfect harmony with the musical caressing. 

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

There is a music that is ideal to listen during and after enjoying sex, 

With it,  the caresses and kisses with the partner come in perfect harmony with the musical caressing. 

Not very relatable. More suitable to calm people with mental issues.  I prefer listening to my man's grunting and moaning with his pleasured organ instead. 

1 hour ago, Sweetie Pie said:

Not very relatable. More suitable to calm people with mental issues.  I prefer listening to my man's grunting and moaning with his pleasured organ instead. 

Where did you get your record of a man grunting and moaning with his pleasured organ ?  How does this man uses his pleasured organ to grunt and moan?  I thought this is done with the mouth...

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Where did you get your record of a man grunting and moaning with his pleasured organ ?  How does this man uses his pleasured organ to grunt and moan?  I thought this is done with the mouth...

For gay who is senior like you, , don't you think mouth is also part of pleasured organ?  What other explanation is there for why individuals enjoy kissing, tongue-fishing tongue? 

On 1/22/2024 at 12:05 AM, Steve5380 said:

In the "good old times" they believed that illness was a consequence of SIN.  Those who had leprosy, had it because they had SINNED.   Today more and more we start to realize that what is called SIN may be the consequence of illness,  mental illness.

The idea of FREE WILL was invented together with religion,  because it is essential if there is going to be SIN.  Today we can safely realize that this is bullshit,  because the actions of many abominable criminals like Hitler and Trump can be attributed to mental illness caused by some trauma, or inborn.  Like the shooter in Uvalde who killed 20 children and then committed suicide,  what did SIN, the "intentional offence of God", had to do with his state of mind?  He was simply screwed up because of who-knows-what.  

I don't relish the murder of schoolchildren,  because my mental health is excellent.  How about you?

What authority is there to establish what is a sin and what not?

Human mankind created some rules and no go's throughout the long history of human existence.

Strangely, independent from religions or with different religions around some of the 10 commandments have been considered as punishable sins in all societies. They entered into Criminal Law books at early stage. 

I quote:

Murder, adultery (in past periods), theft, false witnessing.

But some other like being jealous on your "neighbours" assets or having idols has never been any punishable crime.

(Having idols is maybe punishable in the People's Republic of China or North Korea* 😂)

Gay sex for long was no sin in most societies until certain religions started being against it.

(Actually, I personally assume, it was made a sin# to ensure the growth of the religion at their starting point, men having sexual interest for men wouldn't guarantee most offspring... take a look how these religions started off in small communities). 

The first mention of criminal punishment (by castration) of homosexual acts was found in the Assyrian laws 1100 BC. The next recorded mention was already the Jewish Old Testimony during the Babylonian exile (600 BC), that later found entry into the Roman Empire when it was christianised around 538 (AD).

#Here comes my conclusion that the Jewish made homosexuality to a sin as their numbers were in decline during the Babylonian exile to ensure the future existence Jewish population and religion.

The fact that gay sex was made a sin also reflects that it existed prior to the rule making (and before wasn't punishable).

But we can always ask, who is the true authority to decide what constitutes a sin and what not?

Probably , this can be discussed for years... and we will never come to any conclusion.

To correct Steve here, Free Will is not a notion of religion but has its origins in the Greek philosophy (detached from religion). But only at later stage the concept was integrated into religious beliefs in Christianity.

*North Korean authorities publicly sentencing two teenagers to 12 years' hard labour for watching K-pop just some days ago.

31 minutes ago, singalion said:

What authority is there to establish what is a sin and what not?

Human mankind created some rules and no go's throughout the long history of human existence.

To correct Steve here, Free Will is not a notion of religion but has its origins in the Greek philosophy (detached from religion). But only at later stage the concept was integrated into religious beliefs in Christianity.

The authority to establish what is SIN is no different from the authority of defining what the characters are in a literary work of fiction.  It has to do with the choices of morality designed into the religion.  There are some assumptions that the source of human morality is the religion.  In reality, it seems to be the other way around.  What gives dignity, elevation, prestige, credibility to a religion are precisely its moral edicts,  and so the creators of a religion take elements of human morality that are inborn in our nature and make them appear as the original dictates by the "divinity" of the religion.  And so appears the fifth Jewish Commandment:  "thou shall not kill".  In reality, the rejection of murder precedes the 10 Commandments all the way to the beginning of humanity, where our ancestors surely experienced feelings of compassion and empathy ( which don't have much place in many religions).  We can recognize that the first three Jewish commandments, appearing in Exodus...

1-  I am the Lord your God, thou shall have no other gods before me.

2- Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

3- Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy.

...  are pure religious propaganda for the religion and its God, they have nothing to do with morality.  We can completely ignore these 3 commandments if we are agnostics, and yet care for the other seven. We don't even need to KNOW these commandments at all to be perfectly moral, since they are kind of arbitrarily attempt to define the morality in this religion.  It is sufficient that we recognize and follow OUR OWN inborn moral principles.

I also think that free will is a universal notion that transcends any religion. Where there is praise and blame there is an assumption of free will.    What I correctly wrote is that when SIN is included in the design of a religion, it must implicitly include free will as the motivation of our actions.  So the ancient Jews like Moses assumed that our actions come from the "free will" of our hearts.  They believed that our morality resides in our heart, not in our brain. (I don't see why this should make a difference, ha ha).  The idea of "free will" has existed forever in our human race.  It simply came into recorded history with the early recorded religions and the Greek philosophers, who found it to be a good material for their philosophical ruminations.  Similarly,  WE OURSELVES can make of "free will" whatever we think makes sense. :) 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.