Male HQ

For gays who will be seniors one day - A Steve5380 Topic!

Steve5380

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Guest Zeno said:

Can watching horror movies attract evil spirits?

Only if you believe in evil spirits.  And if so... you deserve it!  :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

DEAR FELLOWS,  it is not my intention to bring here dirty politics, which BW Moderators have made perfectly clear that is not welcomed.

What I want instead is to communicate that an old octogenarian, a gay senior,  can still feel excitement, optimism, passion about he future like any 20 year old.  In the last days, my mood changed from somber to strong enthusiasm over the latest developments that have changed the outlook for my country.  Steve Colbert is, as usual, an excellent comedian:

How about America being governed by a lady with South Asian origin?  "The most powerful woman in the world".  We will soon have a front row seat to a comical tragedy with happy ending,  about a prosecutor,  a former progressive district attorney of California, confronting a convicted criminal!  And this convicted criminal is now THE OLDEST candidate for president on record.  Ha ha ha... how situations can reverse...   I'm feeling so happy. :) 

Guest Not your forum
11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

DEAR FELLOWS,  it is not my intention to bring here dirty politics, which BW Moderators have made perfectly clear that is not welcomed.

What I want instead is to communicate that an old octogenarian, a gay senior,  can still feel excitement, optimism, passion about he future like any 20 year old.  In the last days, my mood changed from somber to strong enthusiasm over the latest developments that have changed the outlook for my country.  Steve Colbert is, as usual, an excellent comedian:

How about America being governed by a lady with South Asian origin?  "The most powerful woman in the world".  We will soon have a front row seat to a comical tragedy with happy ending,  about a prosecutor,  a former progressive district attorney of California, confronting a convicted criminal!  And this convicted criminal is now THE OLDEST candidate for president on record.  Ha ha ha... how situations can reverse...   I'm feeling so happy. :) 

mods say stick to topic and to not start political discussions.

steve does what he wants regardless…

5 hours ago, Guest Not your forum said:

mods say stick to topic and to not start political discussions.

steve does what he wants regardless…

It is NOT your forum, since you are a malevolent "guest",  while I am a Member. 

And you are not posting anything of value.

Guest Steve's started it
45 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

It is NOT your forum, since you are a malevolent "guest",  while I am a Member. 

And you are not posting anything of value.

Do you know why 81yo Joe Biden bow out? The answer is crystal clear and serves as reminder to all gay senior one day, don't eat what can't chew, and be kind to humanity around the world and stop telling lies when you aged.  It is not just eating healthy, doing fasting, but spiritually matured is equally important.  Sleepy Joe fails at every level.  Glad he was forced out of the race, and replaced by a cackling whoever we don't actually know.

1 minute ago, Guest Steve's started it said:

Do you know why 81yo Joe Biden bow out? The answer is crystal clear and serves as reminder to all gay senior one day, don't eat what can't chew, and be kind to humanity around the world and stop telling lies when you aged.  It is not just eating healthy, doing fasting, but spiritually matured is equally important.  Sleepy Joe fails at every level.  Glad he was forced out of the race, and replaced by a cackling whoever we don't actually know.

I am sorry to tell you,  but your post gets a failing grade.

Guest News are crap
19 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I always advised all senior folks not to listen to news, especially political ones. Their news days are over.

You should spend more time listening to this woman, and hopefully subscribed to her Channel.  She is easy with words, concise and precise. 

5 hours ago, Guest News are crap said:

I always advised all senior folks not to listen to news, especially political ones. Their news days are over.

You should spend more time listening to this woman, and hopefully subscribed to her Channel.  She is easy with words, concise and precise. 

I am afraid that your advice is negative.  Why should senior folks stay away from the news?  Most of us are voters, so we should stay abreast of the political realities.  Our lives can experience the same change with newness as that of young folks.

About your video with Barbara,  I have read this favorable information from multiple sources.  I personally was prescribed a statin last year when a new doctor looked at a carotid ultrasound that i had had 7 years earlier, which showed a minimum of plaque.  The doctor immediately defined me as having "atherosclerosis", a condition for which my total cholesterol of less than 200 was excessive, so his rules indicated that I should be on a statin for life. I told him that my metabolism was excellent, but no,  he prescribed Lipitor.  I accepted the prescription and asked for another carotid test, which revealed an identical result to the 7 years old.  I picked up the bottle with the first dose, which is in my cabinet untouched, ha ha.

Barbara's information and my experience confirm that we should take the care of our health into our own hands, and research the best that preventive medicine offers.  This is one goal I am pursuing in this thread. 

Guest Damage Control
16 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I personally was prescribed a statin last year when a new doctor looked at a carotid ultrasound that i had had 7 years earlier, which showed a minimum of plaque.  and asked for another carotid test, which revealed an identical result to the 7 years old.

Plague will develope extremely slow during the aging process.  Unless a person consume alcohol and smoking excessively, plus eating extremely unhealthy foods that contain high sugar and carb and did not exercise throughout their life-time, and often live a stressful life, then their plague will be massive.  Otherwise, an ordinary folks who eat healthily, non-acoholic, non-smoker and get some form of exercise during the week is unlikely to see their plague reach a dangerous level.  Even if there is some form of plague progression, it will be minimal and the person will still be able to live a full life withou cholesterol medication.   Cholesterol is not as frightening as constantly having high blood pressure due to stress - which may be damaging to your organs and arteries and affect individual mortality rate not due to plague. 

2 hours ago, Guest Damage Control said:

Plague will develope extremely slow during the aging process.  Unless a person consume alcohol and smoking excessively, plus eating extremely unhealthy foods that contain high sugar and carb and did not exercise throughout their life-time, and often live a stressful life, then their plague will be massive.  Otherwise, an ordinary folks who eat healthily, non-acoholic, non-smoker and get some form of exercise during the week is unlikely to see their plague reach a dangerous level.  Even if there is some form of plague progression, it will be minimal and the person will still be able to live a full life withou cholesterol medication.   Cholesterol is not as frightening as constantly having high blood pressure due to stress - which may be damaging to your organs and arteries and affect individual mortality rate not due to plague. 

You are right. ( and plaque is not necessarily a plague if one follows a healthy lifestyle ). What is a plague is the over prescription of statins.  These drugs may be justified in some cases, but they have bad side effects, including dementias.

We see more and more how much Damage Control we can do through prevention, long before any symptoms of any damage appear. This gives us hope that we can become healthy centenarians, with a preserved clear mind. 

Guest Damage Control
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You are right. ( and plaque is not necessarily a plague if one follows a healthy lifestyle ). What is a plague is the over prescription of statins. 

I read from some research indicates that taking cholesterol medicines may caused soft plague to harden.  The idea is to harden anything soft to keep LDL from migrating and eventually dropping its level.   Thus those on Cholesterol medicine will show more plague on their arteries during scanning.  How was that helpful?   You can try the medicine for a period of time and then go for the carotid test to prove whether the research is true.

4 hours ago, Guest Damage Control said:

I read from some research indicates that taking cholesterol medicines may caused soft plague to harden.  The idea is to harden anything soft to keep LDL from migrating and eventually dropping its level.   Thus those on Cholesterol medicine will show more plague on their arteries during scanning.  How was that helpful?   You can try the medicine for a period of time and then go for the carotid test to prove whether the research is true.

I have no intention to try the medicine to prove anything.  It is also said that when calcium deposits over the soft plaque it prevents it from migrating, therefore being beneficial.  There are theories, but then it is proven that statins have bad side effects.

16 hours ago, Guest Stan said:

What’s the biggest misconception or stereotype about Singapore that you want to correct for foreigners?

I don't find major misconceptions about Singapore.  It offers what it promises, and this depends on each visitor.

I have never visited your country for business or politics, or its tourist traps, or shopping, or its food, but for the Singapore GAYS,  and I have never been disappointed. :thumb:

Guest Dissappointed
14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I have never visited your country for business or politics, or its tourist traps, or shopping, or its food,  and I have never been disappointed. :thumb:

and you spend thousand dollars on air-ticket here and not providing any added value to our society.  Since you don't spend on food, then what did you eat in Singapore for your protein intake?  Don't tell me what I am guessing here. 

13 hours ago, Guest Dissappointed said:

and you spend thousand dollars on air-ticket here and not providing any added value to our society.  Since you don't spend on food, then what did you eat in Singapore for your protein intake?  Don't tell me what I am guessing here. 

Call me conceited,  but I never ruled out that my presence added value to your society.  And people in Towel Club, Seven Eleven, Absolute, ... seemed to think the same.

I only went once to a restaurant in SG,  but I got a little protein intake from where you are guessing, plus the food stores nearby.  😄

This may come to a surprise to gays who will be seniors one day.

Older people who live alone?  This may be a descent to hell on earth!  Maybe it's better to be dead...  Is this so?

FALSE!  This can be a common misconception in those who don't have experience with the elderly.  The reality can be quite different, and the following video gives a different perspective.  I am an elder living alone.  And my life is in agreement with the video.  I am still mourning the passing of my boyfriend 6 years ago,  but...  I am happy!  And I make others happy. :thumb:

Guest U Crybaby
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This may come to a surprise to gays who will be seniors one day.

I am still mourning the passing of my boyfriend 6 years ago,

Just like Prince Harry kept mourning over Diana and never wanted to grow up like a man.  Please get over it!

1 hour ago, Guest U Crybaby said:

Just like Prince Harry kept mourning over Diana and never wanted to grow up like a man.  Please get over it!

I am not royalty, and I don't need to keep mourning to keep the tabloids busy.  I grew up into a man many decades ago.  And so I learned that to cry does not diminish manhood.  In my religion, Jesus the divine man did also cry,  and he is my guide. 

Guest I am Serious
On 8/5/2024 at 11:37 AM, Steve5380 said:

In my religion, Jesus the divine man did also cry,  and he is my guide

Good to know. People your age, especially, needs heavy dose of spiritual foods.  I kid you not.

7 hours ago, Guest I am Serious said:

Good to know. People your age, especially, needs heavy dose of spiritual foods.  I kid you not.

Please don't be so Serious.  You are right, if what you mean is that as we age we become more spiritual.  And "spiritual foods" are plenty and abundant, primarily... in our head.  So that we don't "need them",  but "enjoy them".  :thumb:

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of the passing of my bf.  So I called his sister and we cried a little together.  Then I lighted a candle and listened to a CD he gave me when we just had met. 

When I was young I would have never allowed me to be so sentimental.  I HAD to be tough!  Now as a senior I welcome this as an excuse for some weaknesses  ( are they really weaknesses? ), like in my practice of Aikido where everyone finds them justifiable in an 81 year old, ha ha. 

Posted (edited)

Talking about a gay who one day became senior, and is very pleased with his sentimentalism...

I just found on YouTube some videos where THE HERO OF MY CHILDHOOD Jascha Heifetz is giving his masterclasses. 

At the time I could have sold my soul to the devil to be one of his students!  What a privilege, what an honor!!  I listen now to them and I find that they are excellent, very advanced, and Heifetz is as close to a perfect teacher as I know.  But I honestly thought that I could attain perfection with the means I had then.  Of course, I never attained perfection, ha ha.

Why some people are so lucky, have such skills, such privilege?   I realize now that because of my PRIDE I did miss on opportunities to excel, thinking that I have of course the ability to learn things by myself.  I would have never been able in Buenos Aires to be a student of Heifetz,  but I could have sought other good teachers in other subjects. 

Now I feel emotional recalling those days, and I notice that I have learned my lesson.  I now appreciate my Aikido teacher, she is excellent, and she even notices how well I am learning!   Had I been more humble when I was young...

----

I am hearing another of Heifetz' videos. This one is fantastic!  His students are really first class violin students, and they are fascinated knowing with whom they are learning!  

I'm sure this is a life experience for all of them.  What a privilege to play Bach's concerto for 2 violins with...  the best violinist ever ( perhaps with the exception of Paganini, something no one is sure about ).   I see him in this videos, and realize that HE IS STILL MY HERO!  Nothing has changed.

Heifetz passed away at 86, shortly after having experienced a FALL.  Falls can be so deadly for us seniors,  a reason why we should do the best we can to preserve strong legs and good balance.  I am working on these too.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest It's all in the head...

Being a Senior, the TS realizes the importance of caring for our brain, avoiding dementia, Alzheimer's.  When we are young, we never think about this.  Please forgive this insistence, but maybe one day you will appreciate it.

I already posted on July 17 about a dr. Dale Bredesen, a neurologist that claims that dementia can be halted and even cured.  Here is a video of a TED talk by this doctor,  where he sums up the status of his research into this topic.  The information is very encouraging, and the audience even claps here and there. 

I got Bredesen's bestseller, "The End of Alzheimer's Program",  and I find it one of the best books about preventive medicine today.  Its information is amazing, even beyond the casual reader.  It seems that what is good for the brain is also good for the whole body, and vice versa.   Other of his videos on YouTube go into details of his program, and are worth watching.  

It seems that you young people of today, have little to worry about dementia in the future.  And hopefully you will find it easy to learn what to do TODAY to avoid dementia in the future.   If you plan about a future, :thumb:

( we see from his looks that this doctor is too old to have the perfect hair he carries on his scalp.  So apart from neurology, this doctor must have another big interest:  to look good, no matter what.  But he probably know that this thick BLACK hair on his head will not damage his brain. :lol: )

OOPS!!!!!!

I deleted the cookies on my browser, and with this I got logged out here.  I didn't realize it, and the post above came under the author of "Gest It's all in the head...".    Where... is my head??   Dementia???   :lol:

This post is not about US Politics.  Instead, it is about SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

Here is a video of today's speech by the US Secretary of Transportation at the SMART union of transportation workers:

The Secretary, Pete Buttigieg, I hold without reservations as the smartest person in Washington, in the US Government. This speech confirms this, whatever information he gives can be confirmed as FACT. No one surpasses him in intelligence, capacity to do his work, integrity.  And for these reasons, he came very close to be chosen as a vice-president candidate in November.  But another qualified person was selected instead, for other reasons.

We all have heard that homosexuals are an abomination of nature,  born with a propension for sinning,  (  this recognizes that homosexuality is inborn, ha ha )  They contaminate our society, and should be despised!

Well...  Pete is a GAY man, married to another GAY man, and both are FATHERS to two adopted children. They are and have been completely OUT for many years.  They are living proof that GAYS are not only normal, but many are SUPERIOR to the norm.  And so, society is changing...  for the better.   It is nice to see Pete being cheered by this public of strong and rough railroad workers. ( who could be expected to instead kick and step on poor gay weaklings, ha ha )

FELLOWS,  if society is changing in their recognition of the normality of GAYS...   isn't it time to change our typical mentality of GAYS from early on and reject any ideas of inferiority ???  If family or other persons around us could be looking down on us,  aren't these poor people sticking to an old mentality that is being proven as FALSE ???  We GAYS can excel not only in the intensity of our sex but also in our productivity, in our professional achievements.  All with a sane mind full of self-esteem.  :thumb:

Guest Oops!
On 8/13/2024 at 1:59 AM, Steve5380 said:

OOPS!!!!!!

Where... is my head??   Dementia???   :lol:

That sounds hardly like a question.

7 hours ago, Guest Oops! said:

That sounds hardly like a question.

But it was a rhetoric question.  And the answer is: NO dementia whatsoever.  Just browser circumstances, ha ha

Posted (edited)

Another post about MENTAL HEALTH.   Why so many of these?

It seems that the field of mental health has motivated many "whistle blowing" outsider scientists to challenge established medicine and finding solutions to mental problems that not long ago appeared unsolvable. 

"Not long ago":  even some two years ago a former Member who held himself as very cultivated wrote some horrible things about these scientists,  here at the beginnings of this long thread:

On 1/24/2022 at 11:40 PM, InBangkok said:

A disease? What rubbish! Ageing is a fact of life. Diseases can be cured. Ageing cannot be cured. The human being may be able to extend life by a few years every half century but that will be it. I suppose this guy believes that in the future there will be 200 year old humans roaming the earth! Heck, why leave it at 200 years. How about 500 years in a few centuries time? Quackery!

On 1/5/2022 at 12:09 AM, InBangkok said:

So you happily encourage BW readers to go against the advice you have been posting with your youtube quack videos. So why post them? Quackery!

On 1/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, InBangkok said:

Dementia and Alzheimers are ghastly diseases than can and do wreck families. You have now accused me of suffering from dementia twice. That is the lowest of the low. These relatively common and incurable diseases should be left to doctors and experts and not to quack youtube videos posted in a chat room.

On 2/9/2022 at 9:02 PM, InBangkok said:

Yet more stupid quackery! Having had a dear old friend of my family die of Alzheimers last week, I resent all the nonsense @Steve5380 posts here about dementia and Alzheimer's being preventable. They are NOT! If anyone believes that youtube videos hold the answer to medical problems, they are in some cloud cuckoo land.

....   etc. etc. etc. ...

Good old InBangkok has been gone now for years.  This is favorable, since I can keep posting videos that he calls "quackery" and which are supported by increasing evidence.  My goal is that the information in these videos can contribute to a happy disease-free seniority to many gays at BW.

This next one presents a famous psychiatrist, dr. Georgia Ede, whose curriculum vitae can be found here:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/authors/dr-georgia-ede-md

This video is long, but worth watching, especially at the end.  She has other videos on YouTube.  On this one, she jumps right into the issue of fats and cholesterol.  It is known how important cholesterol is for the brain, which makes its own cholesterol.  ( cholesterol elsewhere in the body cannot cross the body - brain barrier )  It is known already that STATINS, the drug over-prescribed to reduce cholesterol,  penetrates the brain and affects production of its own cholesterol.  This is unhealthy for the brain.  So here we have it:  taking statins for a small reduction in chances of heart disease cause brain disfunction.  This is clear evidence of how Established Medicine violates the Hippocratic Oath:  " do no harm ", in favor of promoting their business.  I call attention to this to dissuade the critics and cynics,  not to put doctors down.  After all, I have a doctor in the family.  Please pay attention to this topic, it can change your life like it is changing mine, for the better! :thumb:

Edited by Steve5380

There are so many examples of seniors doing great things!  These should shatter the misconception that advanced age should lead to a ruinous existence. This misconception leads so many to give up as soon as there is some diminishing functionality...  "why should I care, I am reaching the age where everything starts tumbling down, so I better resign myself".   And so it is that one sees in SG Chinatown so many old folks sitting on benches waiting for the rest of their lives to pass by.  

Here is a good example of a man who thought differently.  Rudolf Serkin was a famous pianist that kept himself in shape throughout a long career.  In this old video this man plays the Beethoven Concerto No. 4 at the age of...  85 years !!!

All my life I have enjoyed the playing of Serkin, unique in its great clarity, and in this video he is not different.  Listen to the Cadenza, at 14:55.   He looks like a fragile old man struggling with the instrument, but close your eyes and hear the sound he produces clear as ever, sign that his MIND is clear as ever.  This 85 y.o. man is not a ruin, is not wasted, it is a spirit in a body that ended its life 3 years later at 88 y.o., a SUCCESSFUL life until close to the very end.  Isn't a life like this WORTH LIVING?   Should we not plan and prepare for it in anticipation, if our aim is SUCCESS ??

My take on this:  it is worth to acquire early on the knowledge to prevent chronic illnesses and dementias. :) 

28 minutes ago, Guest Ricky said:

What’s the scariest conspiracy theory  you’ve ever heard?

I don't listen to conspiracy theories.  They enter one of my ears, and exit the other.

Guest Oh Really
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't listen to conspiracy theories.  They enter one of my ears, and exit the other.

I agree, you are soaking in your land filled with conspiration you became numbed by it.  No feelings, every bit that you read from your monthly news subscriptions became your main gospel.  I bet you are going to vote for Kamala Harris thinking she is the only real deal (out of America 340mil populations)  to save the world and your sorry ass?  No offence. 

7 hours ago, Guest Oh Really said:

I agree, you are soaking in your land filled with conspiration you became numbed by it.  No feelings, every bit that you read from your monthly news subscriptions became your main gospel.  I bet you are going to vote for Kamala Harris thinking she is the only real deal (out of America 340mil populations)  to save the world and your sorry ass?  No offence. 

No offence from your strange post.  Regardless of what I think,  we Americans have only two options in November:  vote for Harris or for Trump.   For which one would YOU vote?

Guest Oh Really
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

No offence from your strange post.  Regardless of what I think,  we Americans have only two options in November:  vote for Harris or for Trump.   For which one would YOU vote?

I will sleep over it, and then wake up when the election is over, so that I will not suffer the guilt of voting between a terrible guy and a horrible woman.  You should do the same, for your own good and also if you love your country.

7 hours ago, Guest Oh Really said:

I will sleep over it, and then wake up when the election is over, so that I will not suffer the guilt of voting between a terrible guy and a horrible woman.  You should do the same, for your own good and also if you love your country.

If you call Kamala Harris "a horrible woman",  you are a rabid MYSOGYNIST.  Because she has nothing of horrible. She is in very good shape and looks excellent for her age, she is educated, intelligent, smart, compassionate, and highly experienced.  Just the opposite of the other choice, who is a man. 

Even if you are gay,  you should fight any inclination to misogamy.  You don't need to have sex with women to recognize the virtues they may have.  Hopefully you don't think of your mother as a horrible woman.  

Guest Oh Really
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If you call Kamala Harris "a horrible woman",  you are a rabid MYSOGYNIST.  Because she has nothing of horrible. She is in very good shape and looks excellent for her age, she is educated, intelligent, smart, compassionate, and highly experienced.  Just the opposite of the other choice, who is a man. 

She is the reason why Joe Biden has to step down for her and she didn't achieve anything the past 4 years, causing tremendous stress to Joe or was it Joe who felt choosing her as VP posed no threat to his authority DUE TO THE FACT that she is the opposite of what you described her to be.   To be in line with this topic of gay who will be senior one day, be wary of horrible people I mentioned above. Take care, and stop being uninformed of the situation.

1 hour ago, Guest Oh Really said:

She is the reason why Joe Biden has to step down for her and she didn't achieve anything the past 4 years, causing tremendous stress to Joe or was it Joe who felt choosing her as VP posed no threat to his authority DUE TO THE FACT that she is the opposite of what you described her to be.   To be in line with this topic of gay who will be senior one day, be wary of horrible people I mentioned above. Take care, and stop being uninformed of the situation.

Where you get your information about the US from?  Are you one abominable MAGA fanatic ???  You have no idea about what you are writing, and I recommend that you start reading about the life of Kamala Harris, her curriculum vitae, which is extraordinary.   She has been an unknown to most of us for too long.  Today, the Internet is full of information about her.  READ IT,  and stay away from Fox News,  which is INTELLECTUAL AND MORAL POISON.

23 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Where you get your information about the US from?  Are you one abominable MAGA fanatic ???  You have no idea about what you are writing, and I recommend that you start reading about the life of Kamala Harris, her curriculum vitae, which is extraordinary.   She has been an unknown to most of us for too long.  Today, the Internet is full of information about her.  READ IT,  and stay away from Fox News,  which is INTELLECTUAL AND MORAL POISON.

FOX Channel cut off Trump halfway in the interview after Harris DNC speech when he didn't stop ranting and whining...

He didn't really answer any question and was nonstop rambling and lamenting on Harris.

Is there a shift within FOX News already?

On average Harris is (before the DNC took place) already nearly 4% up on Trump...

Favourability increased 10% on Harris (before DNC!) while Trump is seen unfavourable by about 10%.

Fox News Puts A Quick Stop To Trump's Rambling During Post-DNC Phone-In

Ben Blanchet
Updated Sat, August 24, 2024

Hopefully Seniors and gay seniors (and any gays who will be senior one day) do not get any heart attack following the recent boost on Harris since their biggest fan Ol' Joe dropped out of the presidential race. There is always a danger that over-excitement may lead to heart attacks or a stroke. 🤣

Guest Guest

Even if you are gay,  you should fight any inclination to misogamy.  You don't need to have sex with women to recognize the virtues they may have.  Hopefully you don't think of your mother as a horrible woman.  

Hopefully you don't think of your father as a horrible man.  

Guest Dirty Politics

I recommend that you start reading about the life of Kamala Harris, her curriculum vitae, which is extraordinary. 

Curriculum Vitae can be misleading.   Did you look at Kamala Harris past 4 years performance?  I cannot think of any, even the insignificant one.  Don't let sweet talks fool a senior man like you, into trusting political lies.  Have inflation not hurt you enough?  I know it is bad for many elderly folks out there, not being able to make ends meet.  I don't want to see you not having the basic subsisitence to live through your years.  We care for your well beings, you do know right?

22 minutes ago, Guest Dirty Politics said:

Curriculum Vitae can be misleading.   Did you look at Kamala Harris past 4 years performance?  I cannot think of any, even the insignificant one.  Don't let sweet talks fool a senior man like you, into trusting political lies.  Have inflation not hurt you enough?  I know it is bad for many elderly folks out there, not being able to make ends meet.  I don't want to see you not having the basic subsisitence to live through your years.  We care for your well beings, you do know right?

Thank you, thank you very much for your concern about my wellbeing, that I don't perish due to insufficient funds.  But I am at no risk,  I am frugal and my income is always about twice my spending.  The Biden - Harris administration has performed great during this past years, bringing down inflation to below 3%. This is comparable to the inflation in Singapore, and is one of the lowest in the world.

9 hours ago, singalion said:

Hopefully Seniors and gay seniors (and any gays who will be senior one day) do not get any heart attack following the recent boost on Harris since their biggest fan Ol' Joe dropped out of the presidential race. There is always a danger that over-excitement may lead to heart attacks or a stroke. 🤣

Coincidentally, after being so excited listening to the inspiring speeches at the DNC, I had a little scare of a heart attack.

On Thursday morning as usual I went to my gym "The Exercise Coach" for a 20 minutes training with a coach on some intelligently programmed machines. I used one that simulates the bench press, where sitting on it I had to press on some handles. The machine measures my force, and the handles move slowly away, for the "concentric" effort, and then reverse towards me for the "eccentric" move. My force is displayed on a screen and I have to follow a specific curve. This day my coach encouraged me to put the maximum effort, 100%, and I attained a new maximum.  I left the gym very proud.  The next morning, yesterday, I felt an increasing pain in my shoulders, chest.  I was then at an Aikido practice, I left early and went straight home.  The pain intensified, and I know that such a pain can be the symptom of a heart attack. I started to debate if to drive to the emergency room of my clinic.  I remembered that aspirin is recommended in a heart attack, I had some and I took it. 

Then... I remembered that 12 years ago I was in a similar situation, strong upper body pain. Then, my bf drove me to the emergency room, they took me in, gave me some medication, made a million tests, and the next morning they determined that my heart was fine, attributing the pain to muscle soreness.  So, this time I didn't go to the hospital.  Yesterday evening the pain had subsided, and today I am back 100%.   I had successfully made the connection between having a very healthy heart, and the possibility of a delayed onset soreness.  Now I have learned my lesson:

The perspective, even for this short time, of having a heart attack and getting a damaged heart, made me reflect seriously on what is important in life.  If I die, I lose everything.  If I become disabled, I lose most of it.  So... compared to that,  all my goals, interests, ambitions fall to a very secondary status.  I will not exercise with 100% effort again.  WHAT THE HELL, I am strong enough already for an octogenarian!  And if I never attain an Aikido black belt, nothing is lost!!! 

So I have recovered my full happiness, and I embrace my enthusiasm for the presidency of Harris - Walz without reservations.  I am now impatient for voting in November.  There are rumors that Texas, and Florida, have now a chance to become a "blue state",  that is, with democratic majority. And with this, my vote will have some influence. :thumb: 

Posted (edited)

While recovering today from my concern of having had a heart attack, which was not such,  I am so happy that I sing, sing around.  La, la, la...🎵

I would not pretend to post my singing  ( NO, for God heavens... ) Instead I will post one of the singings I listened today, by one of my favorite sopranos, Margaret Price, singing a Mozart aria, not a jolly one, but from an opera with a happy ending:  ( watch the singing after 4:50! )

After hearing these exquisite high tones, which left my throat nearly dry,  I had to listen to the happy end scene of this nice opera, where the prisoners are let go from the harem!. What a treat is this music from Mozart !!!... Ha ha ha... we seniors can have fun!  :)  

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Where is he?
11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:
I had a little scare of a heart attack.

On Thursday morning as usual I went to my gym "The Exercise Coach" for a 20 minutes training. The next morning, yesterday, I felt an increasing pain in my shoulders, chest.  I was then at an Aikido practice,  The pain intensified, and I know that such a pain can be the symptom of a heart attack.   I remembered that aspirin is recommended in a heart attack, I had some and I took it. 

Now I have learned my lesson:

The perspective, even for this short time, of having a heart attack and getting a damaged heart, made me reflect seriously on what is important in life.  If I die, I lose everything.  If I become disabled, I lose most of it.

hmmm......I remember in recent years, you kept putting up video to demostrate how elderly folks could do intense exercises and heavy weight lifting.  I think @Why?warned you, several times,  that you were misleading people with your selective videos, into adopting such dangerously strenous exercise regime.  You laughed it off.  Now you realised how careless you were after encountering health scare.

@Why? also predicted, 4 years ago, at the start of Joe Biden presidency, his mental health will deterioriate and become quite senile.  You agressively argued that the prediction was flawed and baseless. Today,  we see America has forced Joe Biden to step down for reason @Why?foresaw many years ago.

You should stop being obstinate and start to listen to other people opinions.  May be,  we should invite @Why?back into this forum to predict the upcoming presidential election and what he thought about America's destiny linked to Harris? 

He is probably still at the Northpole, and Christimas is not too far away again.  How time flies.  But I doubt you will want to listen to anyone, who contracdicted your opinion, with your obstinate character.  Pity. 

1 hour ago, Guest Where is he? said:

hmmm......I remember in recent years, you kept putting up video to demostrate how elderly folks could do intense exercises and heavy weight lifting.  I think @Why?warned you, several times,  that you were misleading people with your selective videos, into adopting such dangerously strenous exercise regime.  You laughed it off.  Now you realised how careless you were after encountering health scare.

@Why? also predicted, 4 years ago, at the start of Joe Biden presidency, his mental health will deterioriate and become quite senile.  You agressively argued that the prediction was flawed and baseless. Today,  we see America has forced Joe Biden to step down for reason @Why?foresaw many years ago.

You should stop being obstinate and start to listen to other people opinions.  May be,  we should invite @Why?back into this forum to predict the upcoming presidential election and what he thought about America's destiny linked to Harris? 

He is probably still at the Northpole, and Christimas is not too far away again.  How time flies.  But I doubt you will want to listen to anyone, who contracdicted your opinion, with your obstinate character.  Pity. 

Only @Why? knows where he is now.  And it is even possible that your post was written by @Why?, as a guest! :lol:

He was wrong in his prediction of Biden becoming senile.  This "senile" is one of Trump's lies,  that... that worked AGAINST him,  haha.  How he wishes now that Biden would still be the candidate, ha ha.  

You are perfectly free to invite @Why? into the forum again,  or come back again if you are him.  I don't care,  I don't find his posting especially trustworthy. 

And @Why? must have been completely wrong warning me that the strenuous exercises are dangerous.  They are not more dangerous than driving a car.  I was NOT careless,  my health scare was due to my knowledge and being over-precautious.  Not all delayed-onset-soreness is a heart attack.  Mine was not,  my heart was not damaged, I was not careless.  What I was, was over-concerned.  WHICH IS GOOD when it is about health! 

If I keep exercising bench pressing hard I will not have this problem again,  because the soreness already happened and my muscles are adapted.  Nonetheless I will not do it as hard with these muscles.  But other muscles that don't give symptoms of heart attack I won't mind,  except a little for the pain.    Ah,  and thank you for your malevolent care about me, ha ha.   You also take good care of yourself!  :) 

On 8/24/2024 at 9:44 PM, Steve5380 said:

I had a little scare of a heart attack.

On Thursday morning as usual I went to my gym "The Exercise Coach" for a 20 minutes training with a coach on some intelligently programmed machines. I used one that simulates the bench press, where sitting on it I had to press on some handles. The machine measures my force, and the handles move slowly away, for the "concentric" effort, and then reverse towards me for the "eccentric" move. My force is displayed on a screen and I have to follow a specific curve. This day my coach encouraged me to put the maximum effort, 100%, and I attained a new maximum.  I left the gym very proud.  The next morning, yesterday, I felt an increasing pain in my shoulders, chest.  I was then at an Aikido practice, I left early and went straight home.  The pain intensified, and I know that such a pain can be the symptom of a heart attack. I started to debate if to drive to the emergency room of my clinic.  I remembered that aspirin is recommended in a heart attack, I had some and I took it. 

See, I don't need any crystal ball.... 🤣

The lesson for everyone is: Don't overdo!

As to my knowledge, it is advised to always leave a break of a day, if you did some strenuous work out.

In your case going to Aikido the next day after the work out anyhow wasn't a good idea.

It is better to shift the programs to have a rest day after any gym work out.

8 hours ago, singalion said:

See, I don't need any crystal ball.... 🤣

The lesson for everyone is: Don't overdo!

As to my knowledge, it is advised to always leave a break of a day, if you did some strenuous work out.

In your case going to Aikido the next day after the work out anyhow wasn't a good idea.

It is better to shift the programs to have a rest day after any gym work out.

If you ever have a crystal ball,  don't kick it.  It may hurt your foot.

You are right about not overdoing it.  But it is not always clear what IS overdoing and what it is NOT.  You are also right in that we should take a break with the same type of exercise, to give time to the muscles to repair and grow.  With different exercises, this may not be necessary.

My Aikido practice the day after the gym is not resistance training,  but practicing the moves of the Aikido techniques. But I admit that I do a lot of physical activities for my age.  The "child in me" does not see it this way, ha ha.

Posted (edited)

Today I watched a video with Jascha Heifetz I don't remember having seen before:

Here, he gives a fantastic performance in front of students of a musical school, out of the goodness of his heart.

This was not real but the scene of a movie.   Had I known at the time (1953 when I was 10 years old) about this, I would have done the impossible to be in this audience,  listening IN PERSON to the best violinist the world has seen, and possibly will ever see!  But If I had done so...  I WOULD BE IN HELL NOW!

Because I would have sold my soul to the Devil for this impossible.  ( how sweet are the memories from childhood, that appear more clear as we age... )

Note: the piece he plays at 3:54 "Sweet Remembrance" is an adaptation by Heifetz of Mendelssohn's "Songs Without Words" op. 19 No. 1,  which I play on the piano.  The "singing" of Heifetz' violin is impossible to replicate on any piano!

Edited by Steve5380

Sometimes I find videos about health that say nothing new, but convey it in a way that is convincing.

Here is a video by a doctor whose goal is to... take his patients out of unnecessary medications!  This is the opposite of many doctors whose goal is to prescribe MORE medications.  I find that this doctor fully adheres to the Hypocrates Oath, "do no harm". 

We should not be cynical about conventional medicine.  It can be very helpful.  But we should be smart and evaluate our experiences with standard medicine and be a little skeptical.  Our smartness should go as far as becoming EXPERTS in whatever medical symptoms we have, and even more, the treatments suggested for these symptoms. And BEFORE having symptoms, be informed on what is our best life style to AVOID symptoms.

And here is my latest experience about this:  last year, a different doctor in my yearly checkup prescribed for me 20mg of Lipitor, because of my "high total cholesterol".  Last week, back with my old doctor, I told him that the prescription is fine, if it has to be, but I am taking ZERO Lipitor, and not planning to take it ever.  He smiled,  and he took the prescription off my chart.  With this,  I have NO (ZERO) prescribed medications.  In addition, I take ZERO over-the-counter stuff. 

Another interesting video by the same doctor:

Indeed, I never had this HOMA-IR  ( Homeostatic Model Assessment for Insulin Resistance) done.  Now that I know what it is, I calculated it with last year's data and found that it is a little out of range towards insulin resistance.

And here is where my "good old doctor" showed his bias.  I had asked him to do a "fasting insulin" test, which is not in the traditional list.  He declined, saying that I have no diabetes nor pre-diabetes.  To which I replied:  but... should I wait to have symptoms to know my status?  He replied that I had this fasting insulin test done last year, and the result was OK.  Indeed, the result was "OK" but not optimum.   He confirmed that outside some standard tests, any other ones should be done in response to symptoms, NOT to monitor and IMPROVE our health.  Sooo... the profession of official medicine starts when symptoms appear.  Before this, we are "OK".  Doctors exist TO CURE.  ( or rather, try to cure...)

Dear fellow gays,  hopefully you are not cynical but smart,  recognizing where it is evident that standard medicine is conditioned to profiteering,  and you learn enough to protect yourselves and your beloved ones.

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.