Male HQ

2 men with 2 dogs refused to cancel gojek ride when driver declined the ride

Guest Guest

On 3/8/2022 at 2:18 AM, Guest Guest said:

Dunno why some gay men out there not rich but wanna act rich n atas......Cheapskate !

Did you even watch the video? Lol

Guest Fair and square
On 3/8/2022 at 3:29 AM, cutejack said:

See, he booked but he didn't argue. But this driver was raising his voice n getting very agitated for nothing! $4 can cause quarrel. Everyone get very furious when come to money. Haha. 

It’s because the bois should have booked grab and the actual fare for transporting pets along. It’s should ard 20++ for the trip. But they are booking gojek at 7 dollars. Of course the driver will be pissed. It is all well known fact that people with pets should only hail services and pay the difference for the pet handling fees.

Although the two guys with the dogs are in the wrong for not booking the appropriate transport, but the way the situation is handled, the driver is not right either.

People tend to forget that once they choose to provide a service, they have that part to play regardless the vehicle is personal or rental. 

In the video, I only hear the driver raising his voice and using personal attacks at the two guys, who were relatively calm throughout despite being shouted at.

Again, this day and age, people think that it's okay to film and upload others without being aware of their own behaviour really shows how self righteous they are.

Honestly cancelation of booking can be done by either party. 

The driver could have just brought this up to the Gojek administrator and have the booking canceled. There really isn't a need to go all vigilante and red-Indian chief on the passengers. 

If he is not happy with Gojek's cancellation clauses and terms, his issue is with Gojek and not the passengers. Please take his anger to the correct channel. If he doesn't like Gojek, go drive Grab or a taxi. But then, I would advise him not to, given his attitude, he really is not meant to provide a service. Might as well stay home and have his family provide for him. Such strong personal sense of self privilege should be kept indoors.  

All he did was wasted the time he said he needed to earn money to feed his family. He obviously thinks he has a strong case and his ego is not letting go of it lightly because all he needs is a loud voice, an intimidating demeanor and a phone camera and he will come out victorious. 

He is not fit to be providing a service. Being in ANY profession is about putting food on the table, which is not? But CHOOSING to be in that profession, please ensure you do perform and deliver it with the expected decorum.

No one owes you a living. 

So the two guys are cheap then what is the driver? Useless? Unqualified? Inadequate? Incompetent? 

Guest Embarrassed Xiasuay

Come on! Do be fair, the driver had to travel a distance to the 2 cheapskate’s location, time is wasted, the driver is making a living while this 2 cheapskates are taking advantage of the poor driver, $4 maybe nothing to you, definitely nothing to the 2 cheapskates, but definitely a lot to the driver.

The title should be “2 cheapskates and…”

Gojek should blacklist this 2 cheapskates. They should get soft toys dogs if they can’t afford.

Go back and finger each la!

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, Guest Embarrassed Xiasuay said:

Come on! Do be fair, the driver had to travel a distance to the 2 cheapskate’s location, time is wasted, the driver is making a living while this 2 cheapskates are taking advantage of the poor driver, $4 maybe nothing to you, definitely nothing to the 2 cheapskates, but definitely a lot to the driver.

$4 is a BIG thing to the 2 cheapskate. That gay didn't want to cancel on his side because he will be charge $4 cancellation fee. How selfish he is. 

Guest Bobby

xia xuay leh,

these 2 gay men (really throw our face) said they have done it a few times before with no issue,

but that's cos they were lucky previously.

deep down they know they are trying their luck.

there is grabpet available, but obviously they are too stingy.

too bad, now they met an unforgiving driver who share this on social media to sexpose them.

Guest Hated World

Can afford to keep dogs, can't afford to pay $4.   This matter can easily be resolved, but certain people were born out of a different breed that scream disgust in our face.  As a result, they created a force that mess up the entire peaceful population and still feel good about it.   My advice to these pair of dog shit, showed some sympathy for decent people trying to make ends meet for their family, not that they are earning obsene like our ministers. 

Th driver could have handled better in the situation, but before throwing punches at him.  This entire situation would not have happened if the 2 young boys have chosen the right service for their situation.  If you wanna take or gamble a chance, when caught, just be gracious and pay the cancellation fee and move on, by opting for the same wrong service for that situation and hopefully the next driver is okay.  Daddy is a dog lover and its my best friend and its an animal, it pants and scratches itself, these aint gonna be welcomed by the next customer for that driver.  Practice empathy, i am sure of the situation is reversed, the two boys would have reacted similarly or worse. 

Guest Chao Kuan
On 3/8/2022 at 1:41 PM, whitefuck said:

Th driver could have handled better in the situation, but before throwing punches at him.  This entire situation would not have happened if the 2 young boys have chosen the right service for their situation.  If you wanna take or gamble a chance, when caught, just be gracious and pay the cancellation fee and move on, by opting

It was like going to a hawker center, with a large pot and then asked the seller to fill it up for the same price you are willing to pay  $3.50, as one would pay to eat-in. 

On 3/8/2022 at 6:09 AM, practease said:

Although the two guys with the dogs are in the wrong for not booking the appropriate transport, but the way the situation is handled, the driver is not right either.

People tend to forget that once they choose to provide a service, they have that part to play regardless the vehicle is personal or rental. 

In the video, I only hear the driver raising his voice and using personal attacks at the two guys, who were relatively calm throughout despite being shouted at.

Again, this day and age, people think that it's okay to film and upload others without being aware of their own behaviour really shows how self righteous they are.

Honestly cancelation of booking can be done by either party. 

The driver could have just brought this up to the Gojek administrator and have the booking canceled. There really isn't a need to go all vigilante and red-Indian chief on the passengers. 

If he is not happy with Gojek's cancellation clauses and terms, his issue is with Gojek and not the passengers. Please take his anger to the correct channel. If he doesn't like Gojek, go drive Grab or a taxi. But then, I would advise him not to, given his attitude, he really is not meant to provide a service. Might as well stay home and have his family provide for him. Such strong personal sense of self privilege should be kept indoors.  

All he did was wasted the time he said he needed to earn money to feed his family. He obviously thinks he has a strong case and his ego is not letting go of it lightly because all he needs is a loud voice, an intimidating demeanor and a phone camera and he will come out victorious. 

He is not fit to be providing a service. Being in ANY profession is about putting food on the table, which is not? But CHOOSING to be in that profession, please ensure you do perform and deliver it with the expected decorum.

No one owes you a living. 

So the two guys are cheap then what is the driver? Useless? Unqualified? Inadequate? Incompetent? 

Exactly. The guys look cool. The gojek driver like so agitated. Y ar?

He cant control seeing them is it?

Guest Lalaluna
On 3/8/2022 at 1:24 AM, cutejack said:

You go try driving for long hours and this sh** happens, you think your blood will boil or not? Also if the dog scratches the seat how? Next customer allergic to dog how?

On 3/8/2022 at 2:24 PM, cutejack said:

black singlet guys seems cute,

singlet so slutty,

and he likes being doggy too

Gojek says this on their "website" / instructions:

gojek-logo.svg

Does GoCar have a service for pets?

We currently do not have a separate option for riders traveling with pets. If you're bringing your pets out, please check if the driver is comfortable with it via the in-app chat or a phone call. You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept.

https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/customer/#does-gocar-have-a-service-for-pets

From this, actually the driver is in the wrong. As I understood the guys sent a message to him after they booked the trip.

It is the fault of the driver of not reading the message.

Gojek should teach the drivers to read the messages sent.

There are functions that messages are read out, but I m not sure this works on the gojek app.

Gojek can take this as a lesson to improve their services and make it also "driver friendly".

What is the purpose of putting up above Instruction if in the end the drivers don't read the messages or follow it.

(It is the same if I did an error on the waiting location, happened to me as I was at "South Tower" while accidentally my pick up was stated as "North Tower")

Service friendliness of the driver was also outstanding.🤣

Maybe this sheds some light:

Angry Gojek driver insists dog owner cancel his ride, for booking the 'wrong service'. He refuses. Who is right?

March 07, 2022

A viral video of a heated dispute between a dog owner and a Gojek driver surfaced on social media on Sunday (March 6), leaving netizens divided over which party was in the wrong. 

In the video uploaded by the driver, a dog owner and his friend had booked a Gojek ride with the intention of bringing their two pet dogs onboard.

However, the driver would have none of it.

He argued that he was "not allowed to take pets" and later wrote on Facebook saying he was allergic to pet fur. 

"I will pick if you are two persons but you got two dogs. You see how big is the dog?" he questioned. 

To which the dog owner replied that it has "nothing to do with size, my dear". 

He claimed he had booked rides to travel with his pets "many times" and that he had left a message with this driver indicating he was bringing dogs.

The driver said he didn't read the message as he was driving.

The dog owner added that he has done his part and wasn't going to pay the extra $4 to cancel the ride, which is the fee incurred when a passenger cancels after the driver arrives at the pick-up location. 

He also accused the driver of "being very unreasonable".

While many netizens supported the driver saying that he was just trying to earn a living, others blamed him for not reading the message.

One netizen on online forum Hardware Zone added that the driver needs to be informed about pets and that "if (the) driver is not ok he should not take the booking". 

"It doesn't look like the dog ppl (people) were rude, more look like the driver was the more aggressive one," said this netizen.

The netizen also wrote that in this case, the driver seems to have been informed about the dogs but he didn't read the message sent to him.

The netizen did have a point, as Gojek Singapore’s website states that while it currently does not have a dedicated option for riders with pets, those travelling with their furry companions simply have to leave a message for the driver.

If the driver cancels, the company will match them with another vehicle.

Grab's service GrabPet allows customers to travel with pets and provides pet seat covers in the vehicles.

Edited by singalion

On 3/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, singalion said:

Gojek says this on their "website" / instructions:

gojek-logo.svg

We currently do not have a separate option for riders traveling with pets. If you're bringing your pets out, please check if the driver is comfortable with it via the in-app chat or a phone call. You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept.

https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/customer/#does-gocar-have-a-service-for-pets

From this, actually the driver is in the wrong. As I understood the guys sent a message to him after they booked the trip.

It is the fault of the driver of not reading the message.

Gojek should teach the drivers to read the messages sent.

There are functions that messages are read out, but I m not sure this works on the gojek app.

Gojek can take this as a lesson to improve their services and make it also "driver friendly".

What is the purpose of putting up above Instruction if in the end the drivers don't read the messages or follow it.

(It is the same if I did an error on the waiting location, happened to me as I was at "South Tower" while accidentally my pick up was stated as "North Tower")

Service friendliness of the driver was also outstanding.🤣

Hello?! Are you high on drugs?? You said it’s the driver’s fault? Do you drive? There are many drivers genuinely may not be able to multitasking, driving and checking messages at the same time, it can be dangerous to such a driver… pls think before you comment, pls be reasonable. Also strictly speaking,  LTA forbade such an act as well… Go and read up…

You yourself posted “You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept.” The two meimeis refused to do so.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:18 AM, Guest Guest said:

Dunno why some gay men out there not rich but wanna act rich n atas......Cheapskate !

Funny to be on a gay forum and then posters come here to bash gays... (Not even knowing if they are or not...)

Would it make a difference to the scenario if the two had been straight?

This saga won’t happen if this two meimeis booked from the right platform (e.g Grabpet or Rydepet) in the first place. They were just cheapskates trying their luck because they got away with it previously, the previous drivers were just being magnanimous allowing them.

Now they were on video, of course have to speak in Queen’s Engrish and slang and “keep their cool🙄🙄

No thanks to this two meimeis, Grab should be laughing away and planning to increase fare, while Gojek may just simply ban all pet owners. Thank you meimeis 

On 3/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Guest Embarrassed Xiasuay said:

Hello?! Are you high on drugs?? You said it’s the driver’s fault? Do you drive? There are many drivers genuinely may not be able to multitasking, driving and checking messages at the same time, it can be dangerous to such a driver… pls think before you comment, pls be reasonable. Also strictly speaking,  LTA forbade such an act as well… Go and read up…

You yourself posted “You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept.” The two meimeis refused to do so.

a) Gojek

Why does Gojek have the message function then?

And why does Gojek advise customers to send a message to the driver to check first, when they have pets?

If the driver cancels the trip, then there is no cancellation fee for the "potential" passengers.

I noted drivers who can "multitask" and even confirm the ongoing next passenger while driving.

Also, drivers cancelled trips when they initially were on the way to your position...

b)

Reading messages while stopping at a red light is not allowed?

Please check!

Typing on the navigation system while in the car and waiting at a red light is not allowed also???

Road Traffic Act

Drivers caught using or holding a mobile device when driving (i.e. when the vehicle is moving) can be found guilty of committing an offence.

=>

65B Road Traffic Act   Use of mobile communication device while driving

... Use of mobile communication device while driving A driver of a vehicle who holds in his or her hand a mobile communication device and operates any of its communicative or other functions, while the vehicle is in motion on a road or in a public place is guilty of an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or to both. 28/2014; 9/2020 To avoid doubt, subsection (1) does not apply to a mobile communication device that is a wearable device (such as a smart watch), when it is worn by the driver or rider in the manner intended by the manufacturer of the wearable device.

In this section — communicative function means any of the following functions: sending or receiving oral or written messages, audio phone calls or video calls; sending or receiving electronic documents; sending or receiving still or moving images; sending or receiving audio or video files; providing access to the Internet; mobile communication device means — a mobile phone; or any wireless handheld device (such as a tablet computer) or wearable device (such as a smart watch) designed or capable of being used for a communicative function;

On 3/8/2022 at 4:58 PM, bodybuildMLY said:

When singalion goes to a thread, he will try to overshadow everyone and win an argument. I usually don't do this to others but for this guy, what a sad ass.

If one is a driver, he will know it aint easy looking at the navigation and reading the message at the same time.  Especially when the message gonna be imbedded in the apps chat itself and required the driver to move his vision attention away from the road, to touch on the right button to read the message.  

As it has been clearly stated, You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept.  In this case, the driver refused, so the riders should proceed to cancel even in the event that it will incur a cancellation fee.  We should never penalize right behavior.  The 2 boys clearly knew grabpet or ryderpet is way more expensive, and chose to use the option of GoJek by taking their chance.  So just be gracious.

gojek-logo.svg

Guest Guest

When singalion goes to a thread, he will try to overshadow everyone and win an argument. I usually don't do this to others but for this guy, what a sad ass.

Usually I will just skip his posts, that guy is fucking annoying.

We currently do not have a separate option for riders traveling with pets. If you're bringing your pets out, please check if the driver is comfortable with it via the in-app chat or a phone call. You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept

the above is a v grey area and asking for trouble.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 3/8/2022 at 5:56 PM, fab said:

Does GoCar have a service for pets?We currently do not have a separate option for riders traveling with pets. If you're bringing your pets out, please check if the driver is comfortable with it via the in-app chat or a phone call. You will, however, have to cancel the ride if the driver doesn't accept

the above is a v grey area and asking for trouble.

What we can see from the differing opinions on the issue.

I was wondering how Asiaone came to the conclusion on the driver cancellation:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/angry-gojek-driver-insists-dog-owner-cancel-his-ride-booking-wrong-service-he-refuses-who?utm_source=&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=&utm_content=

The netizen did have a point, as Gojek Singapore’s website states that while it currently does not have a dedicated option for riders with pets, those travelling with their furry companions simply have to leave a message for the driver.

If the driver cancels, the company will match them with another vehicle.

On Gojek on the driver section is says this as instruction if they face passengers with pets:

gojek-logo.svg

image.png.9981e212593c0a4657f12b56941e7390.png

We currently do not have a separate service for customers traveling with pets, but they're advised to ask you via in-app chat or phone call. If you aren’t comfortable with it, do politely advise them to cancel.

Otherwise, feel free to request a system cancellation so that your performance won't be affected, and we’ll match you with the next nearest rider. 

When I was young during my childhood,as what I know, only those rich ones with landed property, running own business, those really rich ones keep pet dogs. Nowadays, those working class , still worrying about retirement n cpf money are keeping dogs. Y ar? To feed own mouth need to work yet wanna feed the dog. My toes are tired of laughing.

Edited by cutejack

Guest Cumcream
On 3/8/2022 at 7:10 PM, TEY2005 said:

Are the 2 gays here? Can u cum clean? 

black tee guy must be crying now, so unglam for him!

his white tee friend / bf just let him go die lol

Guest guest
On 3/8/2022 at 12:06 PM, Guest Bobby said:

xia xuay leh,

these 2 gay men (really throw our face) said they have done it a few times before with no issue,

but that's cos they were lucky previously.

deep down they know they are trying their luck.

there is grabpet available, but obviously they are too stingy.

too bad, now they met an unforgiving driver who share this on social media to sexpose them.

How you so sure there are gay? Anyway, how come they take grab? Thought many gays quite rich one and drive?

We do not have a separate service for riders traveling with pets at the moment. If you’re bringing your pets out, such requests are at the drivers’ discretion. Make sure you secure confirmation from the driver that they are comfortable with pets via the in-app chat or phone call, the driver will respond only when it’s safe to do so. However, if the driver doesn’t accept, riders will have to cancel the trip.

Sauce: https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/customer/

We currently do not have a separate service for customers traveling with pets, but they're advised to ask you via in-app chat or phone call. If you aren’t comfortable with it, do politely advise them to cancel.

Otherwise, feel free to request a system cancellation so that your performance won't be affected, and we’ll match you with the next nearest rider. 

Sauce : https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/driver/

Customers with pets

All customers with pets have been advised to include this detail in their booking notes while booking a ride. The customer has also been advised to text or call the driver to inform them that they have a pet. You can choose to accept the ride or to cancel if you are not comfortable with taking passengers with pets.

Sauce https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/driver/

https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/?q=Pet+ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My conclusion is that the driver never read the message and confirm with them in the first place. Already a wrong first step. The driver should not make make his confirmation and drive over and see the pets there then get turned off and tell them to cancel it. 

The driver should read the message first and if he's not comfortable with them bringing the pets then he has the right to tell them to cancel / he himself cancel first for his own allergy safety (if it does not cause cancellation charges) 

Guest fab offline
On 3/8/2022 at 10:19 PM, Guest guest said:

How you so sure there are gay? Anyway, how come they take grab? Thought many gays quite rich one and drive?

your gaydar not working again? or you have no gaydar?

Guest guest
On 3/8/2022 at 10:55 PM, Guest fab offline said:

your gaydar not working again? or you have no gaydar?

Gaydar not very accurate for guys nowadays. Looks like gay but not gay, and doesn't looks like gay but gay. Haha.

Guest Truth
On 3/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, Kimochi said:

We do not have a separate service for riders traveling with pets at the moment. If you’re bringing your pets out, such requests are at the drivers’ discretion. Make sure you secure confirmation from the driver that they are comfortable with pets via the in-app chat or phone call, the driver will respond only when it’s safe to do so. However, if the driver doesn’t accept, riders will have to cancel the trip.

Sauce: https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/customer/

Sauce : https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/driver/

Customers with pets

All customers with pets have been advised to include this detail in their booking notes while booking a ride. The customer has also been advised to text or call the driver to inform them that they have a pet. You can choose to accept the ride or to cancel if you are not comfortable with taking passengers with pets.

Sauce https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/driver/

https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/?q=Pet+ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My conclusion is that the driver never read the message and confirm with them in the first place. Already a wrong first step. The driver should not make make his confirmation and drive over and see the pets there then get turned off and tell them to cancel it. 

The driver should read the message first and if he's not comfortable with them bringing the pets then he has the right to tell them to cancel / he himself cancel first for his own allergy safety (if it does not cause cancellation charges) 

Maybe the driver did not realize that the dogs are not caged, and 1 is rather huge in terms of size.

Just curious, will pet owner be liable for any damages caused by the pet (if not in cage), for example pooed in the car or scratched the seats cover.

Guest Guest
On 3/8/2022 at 4:57 PM, Guest fuk said:

omg @singalion stop hijacking every thread and quarrel with everyone!

On 3/8/2022 at 5:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

Usually I will just skip his posts, that guy is fucking annoying.

This has been happening since 4 years ago when this asshole posted as guest nick 'disclosed yourself' trying to prove that he is always right and self-righteously police the forum. 

Usually I will skip his rambling posts, that idiot is fucking annoying.

Guest guest
On 3/8/2022 at 10:19 PM, Guest guest said:

His body language oredi tell u he is sister liao🤣 

Gays tat r not rich always like act act they r rich mah! 

On 3/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, Kimochi said:

Not sure you watched the video, but the customer said to the Gojek driver that he sent a message informing he got dogs and but the driver didn't read the message and on arrival at the pick up location driver responded to them, he doesn't have time to read messages. 

That's why I concluded the 2 customers did everything what Gojek asked to do if you have pets. The driver never read the message, that is how all ended up as it was when the driver arrived. The instruction from Gojek says to politely as for cancellation.

There was frustration on both sides.

It seemed to me from the reaction of the two customers that it wasn't the first time it happened with Gojek. 

It shouldn't have been a big issue for the driver to cancel himself and get new customers. 

Also, it was the driver who vented his anger and even published the episode on social media. I find this already unprofessional for a S$4 cancellation fee dispute. 

Nevertheless, Gojek should give clearer instructions to customers and drivers on their app and eventually upgrade the app for pet owners to indicate travelling with a pet on booking and not to rely on messages or the "mercy" of drivers. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.