Male HQ

2 men with 2 dogs refused to cancel gojek ride when driver declined the ride

Guest Guest

Guest DoubleLion
On 3/11/2022 at 12:10 PM, Kimochi said:

Yeah yeah brush aside. Sounds like your forte. Akin sweeping things under carpet. Giving excuses when lost the logic. Using common sense and pushing blame to others then slowly disappearing from the crime scene. Rule book aside, set your own rules as if you own the whole company right? 

dun say people lah, you also being biased and one-sided in your own argument

Rarrrrr 

First, because I have the feeling some people don't know how it initially build up,  I want to put here the content that this gojek driver placed on his facebook to get the full picture what happened before he started the video recording:

(Asiaone said the part with the allergy was added one day later to the post).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348293689060800/

Book gojek but come with 2 dog and hijack my car for not canceling the trip when I told them I'm allergy with pet fur, think my $50 incentive is gone for today.
*When I reach, approach me say if I can't take is okwill cxl, after 2-3min when booking still there I ask sorry booking is still there, den he start parts, I'm not going to cxl as there is a $4 charge, I ask them to call gj if they feel the $4/is injustice, but they say no that when I start to video.
*pls dun take advantage of driver when petrol is sky high and fare is so low, we only want to put food on my table for our families.
I travel almost 3km n 8min to the pick up point, was stuck there for almost 20 +min trying to call gj CS.

Guest Guest
On 3/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, greg01greg said:

again - rule book aside... just use common sense. theres a good reason why we are given good old fashion common sense 

This is not about rule book or no rule book. If Gojek policy allows for regular rides to be given to riders with pets, who is the driver to go insist for the riders to cancel, especially when he can go ahead and cancel without penalties. If he do this once, how would we know he won't do this a second time or third time to earn the $4 cancelation charges? 

If he has an issue with such Gojek's policy, then he shouldn't even be a Gojek driver. He is welcomed at other places such as GrabPet. Otherwise, if he wants to drive with Gojek, then he has to go by Gojek's policy. His action has only caused other drivers at Gojek to lose riders if Gojek disallow other riders to ride with their pets in the future.

On 3/11/2022 at 12:35 PM, singalion said:

First, because I have the feeling some people don't know how it initially build up,  I want to put here the content that this gojek driver placed on his facebook to get the full picture what happened before he started the video recording:

(Asiaone said the part with the allergy was added one day later to the post).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/348293689060800/

Book gojek but come with 2 dog and hijack my car for not canceling the trip when I told them I'm allergy with pet fur, think my $50 incentive is gone for today.
*When I reach, approach me say if I can't take is okwill cxl, after 2-3min when booking still there I ask sorry booking is still there, den he start parts, I'm not going to cxl as there is a $4 charge, I ask them to call gj if they feel the $4/is injustice, but they say no that when I start to video.
*pls dun take advantage of driver when petrol is sky high and fare is so low, we only want to put food on my table for our families.
I travel almost 3km n 8min to the pick up point, was stuck there for almost 20 +min trying to call gj CS.

there you go - at the end of the day.. its all about being gracious .. 

the driver was upset.. he's allowed to be.. so please dont paint him as the bad guy.. all he wanted was the 2 boys to cancel the booking but they respond to him with such smug. 

so please everyone lets have a heart, even if you think he fail to read the message beforehand.. just stop and think - be gracious for a moment. 

it does not kill you to have empathy. 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:49 PM, greg01greg said:

the driver was upset.. he's allowed to be.. so please dont paint him as the bad guy.. all he wanted was the 2 boys to cancel the booking but they respond to him with such smug. 

so please everyone lets have a heart, even if you think he fail to read the message beforehand.. just stop and think - be gracious for a moment. 

So you mean the two guys are not allowed to be upset as well? What common sense you possess? 

On 3/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, Guest Guest SingleLion said:

Issue is not if driver read the message, rather when driver accepted the ride request was the message there and was the driver expected reasonably to read before accepting.

If the message was sent after driver accepted the request, you cannot fault him for not reading.

Rawrrrrr

Gojek has a message platform directly with the booking. You can sent a pre-info after you click the book button.

The driver must read before he accepts the booking on the specific conditions.

If he doesn't read, then he cuts himself off from crucial info.

Take my example with the child seat.

Or just look below you are handicapped, got a wheelchair or even a guide dog.

Please also note the part of courtesy.

Following from the driver section:

gojek-logo.svg

https://www.gojek.com/sg/help/driver/driver-code-of-conduct/#customer-service-professionalism

Customers with pets

All customers with pets have been advised to include this detail in their booking notes while booking a ride. The customer has also been advised to text or call the driver to inform them that they have a pet. You can choose to accept the ride or to cancel if you are not comfortable with taking passengers with pets.

Also read this advice to drivers

Customer service

We expect our driver-partners to provide a high standard of service to their customers to ensure the best user experience on our platform. Treat your customers with courtesy, and do your best to assist your customer and their reasonable requests so as to provide the best ride experience for them. If your customer requests for you to take a specific route, you can choose to accept or reject such requests. If you disagree with the customer’s preferred route, you must follow the GPS route. If your physical ability permits, assist passengers with boarding and alighting from your vehicle if they are physically handicapped; and with loading and unloading any bulky items from your vehicle (such as any luggage or wheelchair). You are encouraged to accept bookings from passengers who require the aid of a guide dog.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:05 PM, Kimochi said:

So you mean the two guys are not allowed to be upset as well? What common sense you possess? 

you need friends outside of this BW forum. 

you're very active on BW hey? 

do you run this forum or your whole life is the BW site forum..

Guest Guest

Again, this is not about being gracious or not. The society has gotten too gracious to the extent that the driver took it for granted, and even demanded the riders to do the cancelation so rudely, even though the Gojek's policy allow for riders with pets to board the car. If he expects any form of graciousness, shouldn’t he be the one to show some grace himself by being more politein his request for the riders to do the cancelation? He's lucky the pet owners already showed graciousness by not picking a fight with him after he created a scene there.

But yet, he not only showed a serious lack of graciousness, he even seems to expect the company to bend their policies allowi g pets to board the car, all just for him. 

How can he be right?

On 3/11/2022 at 1:14 PM, greg01greg said:

What about you? So free to reply. Your common sense is not common at all it seems .

On 3/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, Guest Guest said:

Again, this is not about being gracious or not. The society has gotten too gracious to the extent that the driver took it for granted, and even demanded the riders to do the cancelation so rudely, even though the Gojek's policy allow for riders with pets to board the car. If he expects any form of graciousness, shouldn’t he be the one to show some grace himself by being more politein his request for the riders to do the cancelation? He's lucky the pet owners already showed graciousness by not picking a fight with him after he created a scene there.

But yet, he not only showed a serious lack of graciousness, he even seems to expect the company to bend their policies allowi g pets to board the car, all just for him. 

How can he be right?

true.. he should just take the high road and walk away, but we dont know why he lashed out.. as I said before - perhaps he had a bad day. 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Kimochi said:

What about you? So free to reply. Your common sense is not common at all it seems .

Guest Guest
On 3/11/2022 at 11:49 AM, greg01greg said:

I can't believe this is still going on.. 

this is pretty much simple for me... 

2 guys with pets without carriers looking for cheap alternative to hitch a ride.. thinking they can get away with it but the driver call them out for it.  

lesson to learn here.. dont be cheap, stop taking advantage..

rule books aside  - USE COMMON SENSE 

Yes, I totally agree wat u said....especially the "use common sense".

My friend who r oso a PH driver told me he even arrived at pick up location with shock when e customer had a mountain bike(non foldable) with him. My friend told him how to go in when e bike is so big n told him tat he should book GoGo van or bike taxi to transport his bike. Guess wat was e customer reply ? ...."they r expensive."

Tere r oso people treating him like courier service. My friend arrived at pick up location n e customer told my friend tat he/she will not follow, juz ferry e carton of goods to e destination n tere will be people waiting tere to pick up. My friend told him/her off saying they r not allow to do tis. They r oni allow to ferry passengers n NOT goods n wat happen if tere r drugs inside. My friend told me customer face turned black n angry n begin to shame him. Again e reason was simple. If customers were to get courier service, they will pay more for transporting those carton of goods. 

All these cases r wasting of driver time n petrol. 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:32 AM, greg01greg said:

Put it this way - it's just the smug attitude from the guy telling off the driver. 

the fact that they were pushing their luck to attempt getting a ride with their dog backfired - the other guy just didn't want to be gracious enough to apologise and incur the fee. 

On 3/10/2022 at 2:12 PM, greg01greg said:

the key word here BE GRACIOUS dont be a smug

I do understand the part with being gracious.

Surely, most of us tend to be gracious at certain points of time, when the situation requires.

You order a kopi o at the coffee shop but "auntie" brings you  kopi susu.

You can make a big scene, refuse to drink, shout, be angry, tell auntie off,

but on the other hand you can just tell the auntie or uncle,

"it's ok, no need to replace".

Even if it's her fault, no need to make a big fuzz about it.

I just recently took a Gojek and the driver was kind, took the best route and I actually arrived much earlier than expected and wasn't late to a professional dinner appointment at a certain off the track location.

I handed 25 Dollars and told the driver that he can keep the change.

Change was around 2.80. Driver responded: Are you sure, you dun wan the change?

My reply was: "It is just a cup of coffee at a food court, if you're lucky with a small biscuit,  it's fine".

But on the other hand:

Would you be gracious to the coffee stall auntie bringing the wrong type of drink if she starts shouting at you.

"You hijack my time, can serve other customer, now you make me go again, then late for bringing drink to the customer over there, why never tell me clearly what drink you wan..., you pay this drink first and replacement drink, then I bring you kopi o. "

Wouldn't you be angry and place the money for the kopi o on the table and walk off?

Graciousness requires being treated kindly and with respect.

Don't ask for people to be gracious, if someone is agitated and shouting at you.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:21 PM, Kimochi said:

and mate - I already replied to you - YOU WIN THIS ARGUMENT..  yes ok fine THE DRIVER WAS WRONG. every time I say something here, you interject with more silly theories..  how else you want to win this argument? 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, greg01greg said:

and mate - I already replied to you - YOU WIN THIS ARGUMENT..  yes ok fine THE DRIVER WAS WRONG. every time I say something here, you interject with more silly theories..  how else you want to win this argument? 

"You are losing your cool, this is no fun. =]"

Quoted one of the guests at page 3 of this topic. 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:24 PM, singalion said:

I do understand the part with being gracious.

Surely, most of us tend to be gracious at certain points of time, when the situation requires.

You order a kopi o at the coffee shop but "auntie" brings you  kopi susu.

You can make a big scene, refuse to drink, shout, be angry, tell auntie off,

but on the other hand you can just tell the auntie or uncle,

"it's ok, no need to replace".

Even if it's her fault, no need to make a big fuzz about it.

I just recently took a Gojek and the driver was kind, took the best route and I actually arrived much earlier than expected and wasn't late to a professional dinner appointment at a certain off the track location.

I handed 25 Dollars and told the driver that he can keep the change.

Change was around 2.80. Driver responded: Are you sure, you dun wan the change?

My reply was: "It is just a cup of coffee at a food court, if you're lucky with a small biscuit,  it's fine".

But on the other hand:

Would you be gracious to the coffee stall auntie bringing the wrong type of drink if she starts shouting at you.

"You hijack my time, can serve other customer, now you make me go again, then late for bringing drink to the customer over there, why never tell me clearly what drink you wan..., you pay this drink first and replacement drink, then I bring you kopi o. "

Wouldn't you be angry and place the money for the kopi o on the table and walk off?

Graciousness requires being treated kindly and with respect.

Don't ask for people to be gracious, if someone is agitated and shouting at you.

this would be an endless discussion when ppl start getting too complex. I get where youre coming from. lets not peel more layers on this subject.

Guest Guest
On 3/11/2022 at 1:24 PM, Guest Guest said:

Yes, I totally agree wat u said....especially the "use common sense".

My friend who r oso a PH driver told me he even arrived at pick up location with shock when e customer had a mountain bike(non foldable) with him. My friend told him how to go in when e bike is so big n told him tat he should book GoGo van or bike taxi to transport his bike. Guess wat was e customer reply ? ...."they r expensive."

Tere r oso people treating him like courier service. My friend arrived at pick up location n e customer told my friend tat he/she will not follow, juz ferry e carton of goods to e destination n tere will be people waiting tere to pick up. My friend told him/her off saying they r not allow to do tis. They r oni allow to ferry passengers n NOT goods n wat happen if tere r drugs inside. My friend told me customer face turned black n angry n begin to shame him. Again e reason was simple. If customers were to get courier service, they will pay more for transporting those carton of goods. 

All these cases r wasting of driver time n petrol. 

Fair enough to say those are unreasonable request, especially if the riders did not let the driver know ahead of time. But those are irrelevant distraction cases in this context,  cos the riders in this case did what they were supposed to do.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, greg01greg said:

true.. he should just take the high road and walk away, but we dont know why he lashed out.. as I said before - perhaps he had a bad day. 

Bad day is not a good excuse for people to lash out. You have a kind heart to defend the small citizens. But not every small citizen is worth defending, especially if the reasons for lashing out is simply becauee of a bad day. 

On 3/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, greg01greg said:

we would not know what the driver gone through.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:26 PM, greg01greg said:

look I dont know what really happen but I say again - maybe the driver had a bad night, and he was not going to be a push over.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:26 PM, greg01greg said:

sometimes we as people need to have empathy. do you sometimes get in a situation where you need to have empathy or you just go by the books?

If you work in the service industry or with customers, then you need to face unhappy customers and be prepared that errors incur on both sides.

I don't buy this thing on what the driver "has been going through".

If the driver had a bad day or personal problems at home then don't let your temper on customers.

From the video it is clear how he vented his frustration on the guys with the dogs.

If he is not fit to work, then stay at home and don't drive.

You can't always expect every customer to be at your "ease" or how you want them to be.

Even if you feel treated unfairly, you still need to uphold courtesy.

Everyone here has once felt badly treated by the colleagues, boss, do you then shout at your customers?

If we always look at the personal situation of service providers, then you can't expect any common acceptable service standards, because the driver had a fight with his wife at home, she sent him a message she will divorce, his favorite parrot died in the morning, he ran out of bread during breakfast and had to start the shift without food, his mother in law called him to return the loan asap best by 10am, his wife told him no sex until he repairs the dripping water tap in the kitchen... etc etc.

We don't expect service providers to have good mood or being overly friendly all the time or we just expect them to do their job.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:33 PM, greg01greg said:

you need friends.. 

I feel for you, greg01greg. You have been reasonable and have put your thoughts forward eloquently and politely.

So, stop torturing yourself trying to reason it out with the best(worst) liars in the forum - persons of low morality to start with. People who choose to adapt or bend stories to suit their arguments.

Be happy that lots of forum'érs agree with you.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:32 PM, greg01greg said:

this would be an endless discussion when ppl start getting too complex. I get where youre coming from. lets not peel more layers on this subject.

If you keep the rudeness of the driver out of the discussion then you don't fully assess the complete situation.

You were the one who started with that "graciousness" argument.

It doesn't help to close one eye to the full scenario.

On 3/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Guest Gast said:

I feel for you, greg01greg. You have been reasonable and have put your thoughts forward eloquently and politely.

So, stop torturing yourself trying to reason it out with the best(worst) liars in the forum - persons of low morality to start with. People who choose to adapt or bend stories to suit their arguments.

im not trying to win points here but thank you for acknowledging... 

On 3/11/2022 at 1:33 PM, greg01greg said:

you need friends.. 

On 3/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, Kimochi said:

Yes. I need quality friends. Not rubbish friends. 

Guys!

Don't take it so personal!

Stick to the topic and don't start such side "wars" on who needs friends or not.

At the end we would still all drink a coffee or beer, wouldn't we?

On 3/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, singalion said:

Guys!

Don't take it so personal!

Stick to the topic and don't start such side "wars" on who needs friends or not.

At the end we would still all drink a coffee or beer, wouldn't we?

This is sooooo funny coming from you LOL

Guest Guest
On 3/11/2022 at 1:50 PM, Guest Gast said:

i also support @greg01greg.

i think dun waste time and argue with losers like @Kimochi & @singalion.

Guest Me oso
On 3/11/2022 at 5:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

i also support @greg01greg.

i think dun waste time and argue with losers like @Kimochi & @singalion.

I see good points brought up by @greg01greg and respect his way to bring up the logic.  Sadly, @Kimochi resorted to personal attacks, swear and curse - very uncalled for for being an adult.  I have no comment for @singalion as this guy must win all time, everywhere he pokes his nose at.

On 3/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, Guest Me oso said:

I see good points brought up by @greg01greg and respect his way to bring up the logic.  Sadly, @Kimochi resorted to personal attacks, swear and curse - very uncalled for for being an adult.  I have no comment for @singalion as this guy must win all time, everywhere he pokes his nose at.

Wow play trolling guests ah? Anybody can do it ~ let's play along. 

Guest Not kimochi but supporter

Oh I support @Kimochiand @singalionas well as the guest who see through everything. They knew immediately that the driver is in the wrong and yet still kick a big fuss video filming everything want to shame the two dog owners. 

Guest Support kimochi too

Yeah I'm not kimochi too and I also agree with what @Kimochiand @singalion as well as the guest who see through the driver. Why these trolls cannot see the situation? They have eyes and brains but like don't know how to utilize and think properly. 

Again, I am not kimochi. 

On 3/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, Guest Not kimochi but supporter said:

Oh I support @Kimochiand @singalionas well as the guest who see through everything. They knew immediately that the driver is in the wrong and yet still kick a big fuss video filming everything want to shame the two dog owners. 

Oh thanks guys for supporting me and the others who conclude and see the real light. May you all be blessed. 

On 3/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Guest Support kimochi too said:

Yeah I'm not kimochi too and I also agree with what @Kimochiand @singalion as well as the guest who see through the driver. Why these trolls cannot see the situation? They have eyes and brains but like don't know how to utilize and think properly. 

Again, I am not kimochi. 

I'm so grateful for you guys support. May you all live long and prosper. Love you all ~ 😆😁😁

Guest guest
On 3/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, Guest Not kimochi but supporter said:

On 3/11/2022 at 7:00 PM, Guest Support kimochi too said:

Again, I am not kimochi. 

aiyo kimochi, if you wanna keep arguing and wanna win, at least be more objective. your argument is so biased and weak and you always end up attacking people. you are making things worse and not helping the 2 guys at all. 

Guest Trolling the troll guests
On 3/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, Guest guest said:

aiyo kimochi, if you wanna keep arguing and wanna win, at least be more objective. your argument is so biased and weak and you always end up attacking people. you are making things worse and not helping the 2 guys at all. 

Aiya troll guest, Cant you use common sense? Cant you already see team Rider side won already? Why you still want to reply and argue? You are making things worse and not helping the driver at all. Nothing to contribute leh. 

On 3/11/2022 at 9:49 PM, Guest Trolling Troll guests said:

only 2? 😁😁😄😄

Glad there's people who opened their eyes and see and understand the whole situation. Its forever quality vs quantity. But very sad many people don't see the whole picture. 

Guest Why?!
On 3/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, Kimochi said:

Glad there's people who opened their eyes and see and understand the whole situation. Its forever quality vs quantity. But very sad many people don't see the whole picture. 

why the fuck do you care so much about this?! 

srsly, move on…. 

On 3/11/2022 at 10:55 PM, Guest Why?! said:

why the fuck do you care so much about this?! 

srsly, move on…. 

And why the fuck do you care that I care about his matter? 

Guest Kimchio
On 3/11/2022 at 10:28 PM, Kimochi said:

very sad there‘s people like you who only see things from one lens.

On 3/11/2022 at 10:58 PM, Guest Kimchio said:

very sad there‘s people like you who only see things from one lens.

And its very sad many of you initially view from a bias mode. 

Guest Hurhur
On 3/11/2022 at 10:59 PM, Kimochi said:

And its very sad many of you initially view from a bias mode. 

Exactly! Maybe you wanna tell us why you are like that

On 3/11/2022 at 11:12 PM, Guest Hurhur said:

Exactly! Maybe you wanna tell us why you are like that

Hahahaha troll guest trolling again! 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:52 PM, greg01greg said:

Lol. Mate. I have no clue as to why you’re against the driver. Is it because he raised his voice at the 2 boys and the boys gave a “polite response” 

It is very clear that you refuse to see the driver’s point of view. 
we just leave it as that. 
the boys were trying to become the bigger person and trying to remove themselves in the situation but their smug response and that passive aggressive attitude had rubbed the driver the wrong way. 
They could have just cancel and pay the fee but they were too proud and too cheap to do it. 
i really feel sorry you feel very strongly on going against the driver. 
he is human after all.  He must have had a bad night. 
if I were to be in the boys position, I will take a good look at the situation, my dogs and just say sorry, I will cancel and pay the cancellation fee graciously without the smug attitude. 

Let me break it down for you. Lets keep all the grab, graciousness everything aside.

Gojek basically states that please leave a message and let the driver know. If the driver is comfortable then take not comfortable then don't take right?

Step 1: Drivers accepted the ride but never read message. Whos wrong here tell me. Driving cannot read but can accept rides? Apparently the driver already took it for granted that the passenger would not leave any mesage. So if he is driving from somewhere 5-10mins, no traffic lights at all? no turning points nothing? He just did not bother.

So by watching the video, what could happen before the video? The driver "thinks" that they booked the wrong services but passenger don't want to cancel, got angry, take video? By doing this action trying to coerce the passenger into cancelling. So if you are the passenger what would you think? And FYI from the passenger POV, they can book just need to inform driver.

So if the driver is not comfortable, it is easier that the driver cancel and it should not affect their performance.

The driver Step 1 never check message gg. Step 2 trying to video and coerce people to cancel gg. Tell me, reply me. How is it the passenger fault. 

What could the passenger do better? Maybe they could have cancel and ask Gojek to refund the money? But here comes the attitude, Step 1 listen ah return back to Step 1, driver never read message, refuse to cancel on his end then here comes Step 2, took his phone out and video. Listen ah, took his phone out and video. So if you are in this situation, what would you do tell me

** my own internal thought LOL knn this pua ba kia take video all the more i wont cancel. 

You cannot say that they go loop hole cheapskate or what. Tell me that if you never buy any discounted price items before. You won't by something that is cheaper. Gojek policy is like this, it was never a loop hole.

FYI idk either of them

On 3/11/2022 at 10:58 PM, Kimochi said:

And why the fuck do you care that I care about his matter? 

Kimochi cares so much because it would be a serious life spoiling problem for him  if he can't do any doggy when Gojek drivers won't transport doggy loving passengers. Simple as that!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.