Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest Guest

I see, a wife desperate to show her love and devotion for her aids stricken husband strips to her bra and skirt to seduce her husband... :thumb:

She is role playing as OL, some men will find office aunties attractive.

Wear glasses, with bra and skirt and purr in a husky voice.

Guest Guest2

She is role playing as OL, some men will find office aunties attractive.

Wear glasses, with bra and skirt and purr in a husky voice.

OMG!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

She really wanted to show the true extent of her love and devotion towards him.

*rolls eyes*

How many times must Action for Aids tell you that bareback or unprotected sex is not the way you show your love and devotion to your partner (gay or straight)???? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

You all can say what you want. But Mediacock favourite pet got to be RE.

Some of the more established actress may not even have 1 serial for the whole last year. But she actually got 3.

They have the intention to really promote their pet.

Suck that, if you are not a fan of RE.

keep cool guys...

someone had said that it is not worth to throw this into the flaming room, there are supporters and there are opposers, each bringing his personal points and opinion into a discussion.

Just remember dont get too personal.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Guest tswee Owczarck

Zoe fans like Starsshine always urge audiences not to be too critical of her, its not her fault, beyond her control etc.

You mean choosing a role suitable for herself, choosing a role suitable for her own age, learning to pronounce her own role name properly are all not her fault and beyond her control? :rolleyes:

Anyway, there’s nothing spectaculous about her achievements. What she had achieved were achieved by Xiang Yun and Chen Liping before her, and Fann Wong etc after her. :rolleyes:

What non-fan audiences do not like are undeserving hype and fake glorious titles bestowed upon Zoe by the local media, designed to artificially pump up her declining popularity.

Did anyone watched Mediacorp's "A Tale of 2 Cities" last nite?

There was a scene where Joshua Ang was beaten up by a gang of ruffians...

There was a short 2 sec scene where his undies was exposed!! :twisted:

Did anyone spotted the brand that he was wearing?? Heh heh... :thumb:

Did anyone watched Mediacorp's "A Tale of 2 Cities" last nite?

There was a scene where Joshua Ang was beaten up by a gang of ruffians...

There was a short 2 sec scene where his undies was exposed!! :twisted:

Did anyone spotted the brand that he was wearing?? Heh heh... :thumb:

Hahaha.. I also saw that scene..... but did not notice the brand, just know it has a red waistband..

Guest Guest

http://www.asiaone.com/Just+Woman/News/Celebrities/Story/A1Story20081028-96651.html

Dare to bare

If you have got it, flaunt it - regardless of age. So the latest flesh parade trend at Caldecott goes.

Actress Pan Ling Ling, 38, did it in the drama Beach. Ball. Babes. this year when she showed off her buxomy figure in a bikini.

In the beach volleyball-themed show, she plays a flight stewardess who is only 19 years older than her daughter, played by Dawn Yeoh, 21.

Even the queen bee of Caldecott Hill, Zoe Tay, 40, is planning to bare it all, except for essential bits of masking tape, in the upcoming drama series By My Side.

The 20-part social drama, which debuts on Channel 8 on Tuesday, is about people with Aids and sees her teaming up with long-time buddy Chen Hanwei to play a married couple, Lin Xinya and Chen Bufan.

In one scene, she had to bare it all as Xinya strips in front of her husband to salvage their crumbling marriage.

Is the disrobing just a hook to lure eyeballs?

Mr Paul Chan, vice-president of branding and promotions at MediaCorp Channel 8, says no. 'Such scenes in our drama series are never gimmicky but are pivotal to the story development and integrity of the series.'

Viewers, however, are sceptical.

'It's Zoe Tay's comeback role after some time away from the screen, so it could be one of the ways to generate publicity and some sensation,' says Channel 8 viewer Grace Lau, a 25-year-old financial analyst.

Others think stripping is just one way for these actresses to keep their careers going.

Says Madam Leong Lai Yoong, 54, an administrative assistant: 'Maybe they do it so that they can get more business and endorsement deals. But as long as they have a good figure, I'm okay with them doing it.'

Even veteran actress and mother-of-two Xiang Yun, 46, has recently made a leap from playing a thrifty auntie in advertisements for supermarkets to flaunting her trim figure in an admittedly modest one-piece swimsuit for an endorsement ad for a slimming centre.

The actress, who opted for the one-piece rather than a belly-baring two-piece bikini, says: 'It takes a lot of courage and is very difficult for an actress to strip like that.'

Retiree Wong Weng Fatt, 61, expressed concern about the trend: 'If young kids see their mothers on television wearing so little, it might give them the wrong idea and values.'

But some actresses are willing to buck the trend and stay modestly clothed.

Take Kym Ng. The actress, who is in her 40s, tells Lifestyle laughingly: 'I don't have a good body, so I can't do it lah. I'm not young anymore so it'll be more disgusting rather than pleasing to the eye.' :thumb:

But she adds: 'Even though we're Asians, we shouldn't be too conservative. It's a television show for entertainment after all, and people should be more light-hearted about it.'

» By My Side is on Channel 8, Mondays to Fridays, from 9pm, starting on Tuesday.

Thanks for the article.

In my opinion, Pan Ling Ling's beach wear in Beach.Ball.Babes 球爱大战 is acceptable because that's a drama about beach volleyball.

But Zoe Tay's stripping scene in By My Side 不凡的爱 was just gimmicky, stupid and irrelevant to the plot. Her character stripped to her bra, still wearing thick black-rimmed hornshoe specs and an A-line skirt, in the bedroom trying to seduce the AIDs-stricken Chen Hanwei. She wanted to "catch HIV" from him to prove her love for him. WTF???

Pan Lin Ling was the most beautiful actress of her generation.

Although her 'limited' acting skills was the only stumbling block to bigger fame,

she endured and the latest role as the mistress of Guo Liang really stood out.

Xiang Yun had her fair share of 'lousy'days in the early 90s but she emerged victorious

in the late 90s and of course, she is this year's Superstar Award winner, after 10 long years of Top 10!

The other best supporting nominees are all veterans and I am happy for who ever wins.

They are the ones to look out for... definitely, not the Best Actress for me because in

my opinion, with the exception of Rui En, the rest acted too much.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Gosh can people just lay off this Zoe Tay topic ? I defended her becuase I thought she was being slammed so unfairly and it's not her fault that the media still portray her as "Queen of Mediacorp" even though she is no longer at her peak. I still stand by the fact that she is a competent actress that might have become inconsistent in her work these past few years. Anyway at least she definitely is still more versatile than Fann, who at 40, is still acting like she is still some young starlet circa 1996. Not that I don't like her cuz I was once a a fan.

For Star Awards:

Best Actress Rui En please, though I got a bad feeling they might decide to give it to Jeanette Aw cuz its her 5th Nom and people might think she is overdue, which I disagree.

Best Actor: 715. But they might give it to Elvin, also prettty deserving.

Best Supporting Actor: alot of crappy nominees. Maybe Terence Cao is the deserving one.

Best Supporting Actress: PAN LINGLING. She is long long overdue and she was excellent in Breakout.

Guest Anonymous

Best Actress Rui En please, though I got a bad feeling they might decide to give it to Jeanette Aw cuz its her 5th Nom and people might think she is overdue, which I disagree.

Good news, Best Actress is confirmed to be going to Jeanette Aw this year.

Don't ask me how I know, just watch Star Awards this year and you'll know.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Good news, Best Actress is confirmed to be going to Jeanette Aw this year.

Don't ask me how I know, just watch Star Awards this year and you'll know.

Ya I read rumours that insiders are planning to give it to her cuz she is long overdue. I seriously hope not cuz Rui En is the most deserving of the bunch. And there will definitely be backlash over her win cuz her role in Breakout only received mixed reviews at best. Though she was more compelling than Zhou Ying in a way, I really hated the way she talk, and she was too forced in her mannerisms ans speech.

Guest Anonymous

This year all the acting categories are decided by industry professionals, not a mix of professionals and media reporters like in past years. So technically, the results can be fixed.

The era has passed where a first nomination in the best actress category can win. Anyone in the industry can tell that with all the hype about Rui En being cast in 5 upcoming serials and being called "viewership queen", she's already being "rewarded". Not that Rui En's acting is bad, but if she's hoping for Best Actress this year, tell her to wait for her turn next year.

Guest Anonymous

And Joanne Peh is a joke. When the tabulated results came back, she did not get even a single vote. Even a newbie like Zhou Ying had votes and our Ms Peh had none!

Guest amidst_the_stars

This year all the acting categories are decided by industry professionals, not a mix of professionals and media reporters like in past years. So technically, the results can be fixed.

The era has passed where a first nomination in the best actress category can win. Anyone in the industry can tell that with all the hype about Rui En being cast in 5 upcoming serials and being called "viewership queen", she's already being "rewarded". Not that Rui En's acting is bad, but if she's hoping for Best Actress this year, tell her to wait for her turn next year.

Eh are you one of the panel of judges? And where did u get the source that this year "all the acting categories are decided by industry professionals" ?

Sorry if this is how the judges decide then their credibility has gone to the garbage truck. But I have to admit, most of the past Best Actress winners have all being worthy and some of them were unexpected. Chen Liping over Ann Kok(they were both really good but I think her comedic timing and emotional connection in her partnership with her senile father-in-law really boosted her chances), Yvonne Lim over Huang Biren(both were excellent, but Yvonne Lim has the most dramatic arc and she was really great), Joanne Peh over Jeanette/Chen Liping( questionable, though she was more compelling than Jeanette during the last 3rd of the series).

Guest Guest

on page 90 of 8 Days #1065 (17 Mar 2011):

How does Andie Chen feel about the sex bomb image that his model-actress girlfriend, FHM babe Melissa Faith Yeo, has?

"She's the kind of sexy girl whom guys look at and say, 'I so want to do her'. It put me off at first. But I realised it's okay, as they're not the ones who get to do it."

Its strange if someone his age is NOT doing it.

anyway, this should go under the Mediacorp gossip thread.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest ZhuZheQin

Its strange if someone his age is NOT doing it.

anyway, this should go under the Mediacorp gossip thread.

If you were Melissa Faith Yeo, how would you feel if your boyfriend of 4 months broadcasted to the whole world that you are a cheap and easy s-l-u-t who would put out in bed??

Guest Melissa

If you were Melissa Faith Yeo, how would you feel if your boyfriend of 4 months broadcasted to the whole world that you are a cheap and easy s-l-u-t who would put out in bed??

I will feel like a cheap slut? :D

Guest Guest

Keep those comments on Zoe Tay cumming, it's so fun!!

A has-been has only that much to talk about. No current achievements or new heights, only past glory from 20 years ago. When she is already so down, the only way to go is the basement. :clap:

Guest Guest2

A has-been has only that much to talk about. No current achievements or new heights, only past glory from 20 years ago. When she is already so down, the only way to go is the basement. :clap:

She "stripped" to seduce HIV-stricken CHW in 2008's 不凡的爱, which was a big joke.

She "stripped" again 2 years later in 割爱, this time showing her back and bald head.

Don't they get it??

Zoe Tay stripping is NOT a draw for any production. Don't make people puke!!

Our very own JIM Carrey , the Hollywood comedian , the one with the rubber face.

I have noticed that in the recent local comedy drama, Andie Chen reminds me so much of Jim Carrey in his imitation of Jim's body language and tics,

but I admire his dedication to his acting craft, Andie desrves an award, and he is a good actor, better than Elvin Ng , the wooden head.

I have a strange fantasy of bedding Andie, seems to be furious in bed , look at his flared nostrils, serious man

And Joanne Peh is a joke. When the tabulated results came back, she did not get even a single vote. Even a newbie like Zhou Ying had votes and our Ms Peh had none!

Have to disagree with you.

While I seldom watch Mediacorp serials nowadays, I think Joanne is definitely a star and not a joke.

The joke is Aw. Her wooden acting skills would fit right at home in any national forest.

Guest Anonymous

Have to disagree with you.

While I seldom watch Mediacorp serials nowadays, I think Joanne is definitely a star and not a joke.

The joke is Aw. Her wooden acting skills would fit right at home in any national forest.

When MCS sent the list of eligible nominees to media (for the initial round of voting and collating), Joanne Peh got enough votes to land in the top 5. However, in the final round of voting to decide the eventual winner from top 5, she did not get a single vote (confidential). This is unprecedented, very shocking and really amounts to a vote of no-confidence in her.

on page 90 of 8 Days #1065 (17 Mar 2011):

How does Andie Chen feel about the sex bomb image that his model-actress girlfriend, FHM babe Melissa Faith Yeo, has?

"She's the kind of sexy girl whom guys look at and say, 'I so want to do her'. It put me off at first. But I realised it's okay, as they're not the ones who get to do it."

What a bastard!

Guest Guess

If you read what he said carefully it says he does not mind if others do not get to do it. It does not really say he is getting it either! I personally have had some contact with him and my gaydar tells me he could be gay rather than straight.

If you read what he said carefully it says he does not mind if others do not get to do it. It does not really say he is getting it either! I personally have had some contact with him and my gaydar tells me he could be gay rather than straight.

He's implying he (and not the other guys) is getting all the action with her in bed. LOL...

Guest SunHoCheater

He's implying he (and not the other guys) is getting all the action with her in bed. LOL...

Stop embezzling church funds to support your non-existent career. Are you such a hypocritical cheap horsey face.

Guest I don't get it

What's with this Sun Ho bitchfest that seems to be on both the forums here and on Trevvy? While I don't personally care much for her, it is just so silly to keep seeing such petty digs from (I presume) the same people?

Guest 中国娃娃

连阿哥阿姐都不拿房事来谈,这陈邦鋆未免太恶心,太嚣张了吧? :whistle:

Guest Guest

She "stripped" to seduce HIV-stricken CHW in 2008's 不凡的爱, which was a big joke.

She "stripped" again 2 years later in 割爱, this time showing her back and bald head.

Don't they get it??

Zoe Tay stripping is NOT a draw for any production. Don't make people puke!!

She is not a juicy nubile 20 year old, don't you think it's too late for a 40 year old hag to display her scaly leather for attention? :wacko:

Guest Guest2

She is not a juicy nubile 20 year old, don't you think it's too late for a 40 year old hag to display her scaly leather for attention? :wacko:

LOL. You never know, some people might be into grandma pxxn. :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

When she was 20+, she shot to instant fame overnight, playing the biatch Bobo who got raped by Desmond Shen Jinxing in Pretty Faces.

Maybe at 40+, now that her career is going downhill faster than gravity is acting on her boobs, she believes stripping and showing off her bra and bare back can give her career a 2nd wind? :rolleyes:

Zoe Tay was born in the wrong place.

If she had been born in HK, she could have made it really big in the Cat III film industry there, rivalling Amy Yip and Loletta Lee. She can show off her bare back and bra as often as she likes.

Zoe to HK media: 要拍哪里,就拍哪里!(echoing Christy's immortal words)

If she had been born in HK, she could have made it really big in the Cat III film industry there, rivalling Amy Yip and Loletta Lee. She can show off her bare back and bra as often as she likes.

I tot those are Carina Lau's words?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

I don't think HK media wants to 拍她那里....

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.