Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Honestly, although the Ultimatum's cast of actors was really bad, I usually focus on the storyline.

I find the storyline lacking lustre for these points:

1. Switched at birth (repeated X10000000 times)

2. Typical main character not on good terms with father (seen in so many Hong Kong drama e.g. Flaming Butterfly)

3. Felicia Chin as a guy (oh my gosh, why did they have to copy Coffee Prince?)

4. gambler + doppelganger (repeated too many times in stories all over the world, not to mention no good twist)

5. lack of focus about work + business (they spend too much time plotting <- lucky in The Fig, the script writer learnt his/her mistakes)

6. unsatisfactory ending (not the confusing ending sort, it was like "just like that end?" that kind)

7. falling down the stairs and dying (copy from too much HK drama)

8. Cinderella-style background e.g. Fann Wong's character

The only villain I like was Constance Song's character's son.

But on the other hand, his character development was heavily unexplored.

Unfortunately, I don't like dramas with predictable villains so I was disappointed.

The first part of the story was alright, but it worsened halfway through the series.

We can't blame the writers always. Maybe the censorship laws are to blame sometimes.

Probably good old dramas like "Immortal Love" were not 'screened' by the censors at that time.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest Insider

Honestly, although the Ultimatum's cast of actors was really bad, I usually focus on the storyline.

2. Typical main character not on good terms with father (seen in so many Hong Kong drama e.g. Flaming Butterfly)

4. gambler + doppelganger (repeated too many times in stories all over the world, not to mention no good twist)

5. lack of focus about work + business (they spend too much time plotting <- lucky in The Fig, the script writer learnt his/her mistakes)

6. unsatisfactory ending (not the confusing ending sort, it was like "just like that end?" that kind)

Unfortunately, I don't like dramas with predictable villains so I was disappointed.

The first part of the story was alright, but it worsened halfway through the series.

We can't blame the writers always. Maybe the censorship laws are to blame sometimes.

Probably good old dramas like "Immortal Love" were not 'screened' by the censors at that time.

Give the poor scriptwriter a break.

The Ultimatum is one of the very few MCS serials where the cast was decided before the script was written.

The scriptwriter had a thankless task trying to pull together the disparate threads from Unbeatables, Coffee Prince, Robin Hood into a coherent drama.

What failed was the tagline "两大阿姐 势力交锋"

Anyone with common sense can see who was given the juicier role.

What is the point of this "fierce competition" when the competition isn't even fair?

But Fann is not the worst victim.

The worst victim is LNX, who was relegated to being Zoe's playboy in the entire show.

It's a well-known fact that LNX does not read his scripts before filming.

The producers must have told him he would be acting 2 challenging characters in the show.

Little did he know he would be there to reprise his laughable Unbeatables persona.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Nice and thorough analysis. But soon after this post, a schizo is just going to put all the blame on you know who and make this a snorefest, and continue degenerating this thread.

Like this main character

But of course not possessing even a nano of the main character's gd looks.

I thought Constance Song gave the best performance. Her performance was well-modulated and so crisply controlled, and she deserved the award.

Guest Guest2

The worst victim is LNX, who was relegated to being Zoe's playboy in the entire show.

It's a well-known fact that LNX does not read his scripts before filming.

The producers must have told him he would be acting 2 challenging characters in the show.

Little did he know he would be there to reprise his laughable Unbeatables persona.

For f*ck's sake???

Who gives a shit about the gambling biatch?

Does MCS actually think anyone gives a shit about the Unf*ckables now??

Guest amidst_the_stars

Kind of missed this show. Never really got to watching the entire series when it first started showing. So nostalgic. But there were some problems with the storyline though.

Edited by amidst_the_stars

I think the amalgation of storylines into the Ultimatum is quite well-done.

But what irked me was the part of Coffee Prince.

It feels very copied especially that of 'Cake Prince'.

I heard a rumour that good scriptwriters are constantly poached away from Mediacorp.

So I guess we should give those who stayed behind a break too.

I was going through various old drama stuff the other day,

and I realised most storylines were rather original two decades ago.

Maybe because I was a child two decades ago, I was heavily influenced then, hence my biased view.

The effects look pretty horrible these days.

But I still like this story for its originality.

Some might want to challenge its originality, comparing it with HK's 'My Date With A Vampire".

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest amidst_the_stars

I think the amalgation of storylines into the Ultimatum is quite well-done.

But what irked me was the part of Coffee Prince.

It feels very copied especially that of 'Cake Prince'.

I heard a rumour that good scriptwriters are constantly poached away from Mediacorp.

So I guess we should give those who stayed behind a break too.

I was going through various old drama stuff the other day,

and I realised most storylines were rather original two decades ago.

Maybe because I was a child two decades ago, I was heavily influenced then, hence my biased view.

The effects look pretty horrible these days.

But I still like this story for its originality.

Some might want to challenge its originality, comparing it with HK's 'My Date With A Vampire".

OmG I loved that show back den !!! Extremely nostalgic. I remembered that they always call Pan LingLing's character Nu Mo Tou.

Well i think most of the original and solid scriptwriters are based in other production companies, like WaWa Productions. Secrets For Sale really beat most of the recent Mediacorp Series in terms of quality and storyline hands down. Where got 2 decades so long, u where got so old LOL.

But my utmost fave series from the past is probably this:

Fann Wong was such a hoot back den.

OmG I loved that show back den !!! Extremely nostalgic. I remembered that they always call Pan LingLing's character Nu Mo Tou.

Well i think most of the original and solid scriptwriters are based in other production companies, like WaWa Productions. Secrets For Sale really beat most of the recent Mediacorp Series in terms of quality and storyline hands down. Where got 2 decades so long, u where got so old LOL.

But my utmost fave series from the past is probably this:

Fann Wong was such a hoot back den.

Ah, I remember this drama. Those were the days when they had convincing, good school dramas.

Not sure if this is the correct drama,

but I remember Fann Wong's character in a scene of killer litter.

Then she glared up and scolded foul language.

The neighbour threw down sofa and TV.

Found that funny last time.

But despite this drama's happy outlook, I think the ending is quite sad.

If I remember, Ann Kok's character died of leukemia.

When there's a huge monopoly in the industry, you start to get inefficient.

My take on the quality of scenario writing in Singapore.

I can remember a lot of things. I do recall some scenes when I was a baby even.

This was the first drama I ever watched on TV on its first run:

It was screened in 1988 but I didn't know what year it was when I was only one year old.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Guest amidst_the_stars

I agree. I had a good laugh reading most of these posts so I'll remember do drop by if I'm feeling upset!

Haha icic. "They" remind me of Nianqing.

Sad. Must be careful.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Anyone remember this series? Though its consider a classic, it's not one of my personal favourite serials cuz its extremely tough to watch. Thake the 1st 2 episodes...Just heart wrenching.

But I am amazed that Cynthia,Yvonne and Ivy were only in their early to mid 20s when filming this drama and their performances were astonishing. I wonder how would Rui En, Jeanette and Joanne fare if they had done these roles at their age....

Of the 3 girls I prefer Ivy. I thought she was really touching.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Ohh.. Rui En is going to be back on tv in a matter of 1 week. Anticipating this drama because she will be acting opposite Lee SiQi. I heard she plays a pitiful, submissive, gentle character...wonder how is she going to get bullied by Cynthia Koh. Can' wait .

Guest Guest2

1. Please concentrate on the topic at hand.

2. Do respect privacy. This is a public forum. Do NOT get PERSONAL in your attacks.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Hi HendryTan,

Even if you think <<edited>> deserves some privacy, the offending posts should not have been deleted. It should have stayed on record to evidence what a quarrelsome

<<ALLEGATIONS DELETED>>

----

Dear Guest2:

If you guys have something personal against each other, please take it offline privately with him or take your battle elsewhere.

This is a NOT a battleground (for/against you/him) and I do NOT intend to be used by either party.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Moderator

Guest amidst_the_stars

Ah, I remember this drama. Those were the days when they had convincing, good school dramas.

Not sure if this is the correct drama,

but I remember Fann Wong's character in a scene of killer litter.

Then she glared up and scolded foul language.

The neighbour threw down sofa and TV.

Found that funny last time.

But despite this drama's happy outlook, I think the ending is quite sad.

If I remember, Ann Kok's character died of leukemia.

HAHAHAHAHA YA ITS THE CORRECT ONE! it was really damn hilarious, Fann Wong was really a hoot during those days. Too bad she doesn't act in these kind of roles anymore...Btw there was no TV only sofa , and they were thrown by hooligans threatening her not neighbours.

Ann Kok's character died of bone cancer not leukemia. I remembered when she realised she had that disease she kept drinking milk fervently.

The ending scene was really sad though. But I loved this series, lots of gd memories behind it.

Give the poor scriptwriter a break.

Sure, which limb?

Seriously, why should we viewers give the station, the stars or the scriptwriters any breaks? If it's bad, we say it's bad. That's how you improve. You are not doing anyone any favours but telling them lies and stroking their ego. They will never realise their full potential.

I know our serials are lack luster because of the lousy scripts. years ago, our TV serials were so much more interesting because of foreign talents who came here to write for us. But now, the scriptwriters have been having a mental writer's block for more than two decades. Pathetic.

Anyone remember this series? Though its consider a classic, it's not one of my personal favourite serials cuz its extremely tough to watch. Thake the 1st 2 episodes...Just heart wrenching.

But I am amazed that Cynthia,Yvonne and Ivy were only in their early to mid 20s when filming this drama and their performances were astonishing. I wonder how would Rui En, Jeanette and Joanne fare if they had done these roles at their age....

Of the 3 girls I prefer Ivy. I thought she was really touching.

INORITE! That remains my favorite series ever! They just don't make shows like these anymore... I don't really like Cynthia but the shaved head scene made me go :o and :clap:

I don't wish to be everything to everyone... but I would like to be something to someone.

Guest Lartif

Yes i remember him. He was so handsome. He cruised me once at yck pool. That was years ago.

isit.. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Guest adekalo loganathan

why suddenly mention his name?

should be 30 plus by now. One of the five little dragons.

can watch him in Zoe's show late at night, showing now I think

because i watch his old drama last friday evening and suddenly think that he is one of us

a1a16b4be8c569d7546be00e39ab6d7ed193dfbb.pngf4da89084974a6b7fd080b2f6ece2d5513db95f8.png

Does she look 20s to u?

Nevertheless the producer of Devotion want us to believe so.

Is he/she nuts for thinking that the audiences are dumb?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

a1a16b4be8c569d7546be00e39ab6d7ed193dfbb.pngf4da89084974a6b7fd080b2f6ece2d5513db95f8.png

Does she look 20s to u?

Her acting in her 20s is only going to be for a few of the episodes in the series. And the show will also eventually focus on her character as she ages into her 30s and 40s. Granted she doesn't look that age anymore but other actresses in their 40s and late 30s also portray characters in their 20s for certain segments in their serials, some probably more convincing(like Kathy Chow), some probably less convincing compared to Zoe. Producers cld be cutting costs for all i know, instead of casting a younger actress, or they are relying on Zoe to pull it off which she might or might not.

Maybe you shouldn't be so hung up and critical about that portion. It's like back then in The Little Nyonya when viewers criticized the casting of Pan LingLing and Cynthia Koh to play their younger selves(aged 18-19) in the first part of the drama. When I read those reports I thought they were making a mountain out of a molehill, and it was just for a few eps anyway.

Guest Guest

Does she look 20s to u?

Thanks for these photos. Answer: nope, she can't pass off as a 20s based on those photos above.

It will definitely be worse when the videos surface, cos with the whole package (droning voice, unlively eyes and general aged look), she most certainly won't be able to convince audiences that she's some youthful 20s girl.

There is nothing to distinguish this 20s look from the character in her 30s and 40s other than hairstyle and dressing either. The producers of Devotion are really expecting audiences to suspend all incredulity and justified criticism of such an unconvincing and age-inappropriate casting.

Isn't that Nadim Van Der Ros (newly wed Stefanie Sun's husband) ?

Yeah! She got the best looking non-artist husband of all those female superstar in asia... i think...

Who cares if her new album is dissapointing this wedding news is major!

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest Guest

Zoe Tay slammed by audiences again.

Apparently she appeared on variety show 三菜一汤 as a guest cook, wearing numerous jewellery and bangles.

Audiences called in to say that it is impractical, inconvenient and unhygienic for a chef to wear so many jewellery and dangling ornaments. They also said that as a housewife, she should know better.

Guest Guest

Zoe Tay slammed by audiences again.

Apparently she appeared on variety show 三菜一汤 as a guest cook, wearing numerous jewellery and bangles.

Audiences called in to say that it is impractical, inconvenient and unhygienic for a chef to wear so many jewellery and dangling ornaments. They also said that as a housewife, she should know better.

This woman again! :yuk:

She can come in her bikini and cook. :rolleyes:

She is well hated, people have been calling up to condemn her. :clap:

Guest amidst_the_stars

This woman again! :yuk:

She can come in her bikini and cook. :rolleyes:

She is well hated, people have been calling up to condemn her. :clap:

Yes Siliconey :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loklok

He's quite hot, and i know there's rumours flying that he's gay and done it with some of you but you can't deny that he's quite hot right?

Any shirtless pictures? :)

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.