Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Unfortunately, our viewers are more interested in looking at pretty babes and hunks. We needn't look far. Just go to the flaming room and take a look at the recent thread.

No one is saying that Zoe must look like a 20-year old.

But she really looks bad for her age.

In other countries, there are certain older actresses who can still be paired with younger male stars and get away with it.

Zoe cannot even get away with pairing with a younger actress, let alone an actor. Even Li NanXing looks better than Zoe in this same show.

That is when we know that Zoe's beauty regime is in serious trouble.

I don't know if it's too much Imedeen, or not enough.

They were wise to have dropped her as the spokesperson.

The elderly starlet better improved upon her looks or bow out gracefully.

Another option is to take on really older roles, so in comparison, people will say she looks young.

For example, she can play the role of LaoLao in A Chinese Ghost Story.

Or Sedako in The Ring.

Those would really be more suitable for XXXXXXX now.

I cannot stand to see her on any fashion magazine wearing a skimpy bikini, photoshopped to death.

Pathetic.

Quite true, women are not so cazy over awesome bod, they dun mind whether their bf/husband's bod is nice or not.

Some women rather their husbands not have awesome bods so that the latters wont stray.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Kendall

No one is saying that Zoe must look like a 20-year old.

But she really looks bad for her age.

In other countries, there are certain older actresses who can still be paired with younger male stars and get away with it.

Zoe cannot even get away with pairing with a younger actress, let alone an actor. Even Li NanXing looks better than Zoe in this same show.

That is when we know that Zoe's beauty regime is in serious trouble.

I don't know if it's too much Imedeen, or not enough.

They were wise to have dropped her as the spokesperson.

The elderly starlet better improved upon her looks or bow out gracefully.

Another option is to take on really older roles, so in comparison, people will say she looks young.

For example, she can play the role of LaoLao in A Chinese Ghost Story.

Or Sedako in The Ring.

Those would really be more suitable for XXXXXXX now.

I cannot stand to see her on any fashion magazine wearing a skimpy bikini, photoshopped to death.

Pathetic.

Seriously, don't think it's her fault.

Her looks are a result of the genes, the Spore genes.

If you bothered to compare, Sporeans have a distinct look compared to Chinese from HK, Taiwan and even China. That distinct, charateristic Sporean look is not a compliment.

Really, it is ok if one is not good-lkg but with great acting skills.

Alternatively, if one is good-lkg but acting skills are poor.

But in Mediacorp, we have a quite a handful of local actors with very average looks and mediocre acting.

The contrast is great when there is a guest actor/actress from HK/Taiwan.

Just watch Secret Garden on Channel U with 黃騰浩 and the rest of Mediacorp actors' struggling acting skills.

Seriously, don't think it's her fault.

Her looks are a result of the genes, the Spore genes.

If you bothered to compare, Sporeans have a distinct look compared to Chinese from HK, Taiwan and even China. That distinct, charateristic Sporean look is not a compliment.

Really, it is ok if one is not good-lkg but with great acting skills.

Alternatively, if one is good-lkg but acting skills are poor.

But in Mediacorp, we have a quite a handful of local actors with very average looks and mediocre acting.

The contrast is great when there is a guest actor/actress from HK/Taiwan.

Just watch Secret Garden on Channel U with 黃騰浩 and the rest of Mediacorp actors' struggling acting skills.

Her acting not say up to scratch either ..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amidst_the_stars

Don't forget my impressive performance in xiang wo ni de shou.

You PR and suck up to the judges so much until they give u a nomination ah? So pro even if your acting in that show is so forgettable. Kudos to u Joanne, now we know whats politicking!

Guest thedCv Hutchings,

You PR and suck up to the judges so much until they give u a nomination ah? So pro even if your acting in that show is so forgettable. Kudos to u Joanne, now we know whats politicking!

Can't believe Joanne Pui was nominated for 想握你的手, it's the biggest kelong ever in Star Awards' history.

Her performance in that show was nothing to shout about.

Guest MACIE's arnitat

I have insider news that Jeanette will be the winner. Let's see the result this year to confirm.

Guest another guest

Next to Fan Bing Bing, our dear Fann Wong just showed how low her acting standard is... Overacting in all her scenes!! And our Singaporean mandarin is so bad that it has to be dubbed for the China market.

Next to Fan Bing Bing, our dear Fann Wong just showed how low her acting standard is... Overacting in all her scenes!! And our Singaporean mandarin is so bad that it has to be dubbed for the China market.

oh com'on! when u been approach to speak mandarin, what is your reaction?

"sorry, I don't speak mandarin...."

oh com'on! when u been approach to speak mandarin, what is your reaction?

"sorry, I don't speak mandarin...."

i begged to defer, i think her acting is quite good, not as good as fang bing bing but good enough.

however, the voice is a voice over, so her speaking should be quite jia liat...

Could be, but then again, it could also be because her tone of voice doesn't quite match the character she's performing, hence over-dubbed? I know that is the case of Taiwanese drama serials, not sure about China ones.

i begged to defer, i think her acting is quite good, not as good as fang bing bing but good enough.

however, the voice is a voice over, so her speaking should be quite jia liat...

Acting wise, she if fine, by my std.

Dudding is not unique for Fann and/or other sg artistes. In fact, all other Chineses artistes outside Mainland China (inclusive of Taiwan, HK, Msian etc) will be subjected to dubbing due to the different accents.

However, lookwise, Fann really pale in comparison and she seems much elder than the other 2 actresses too.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Acting wise, she if fine, by my std.

Dudding is not unique for Fann and/or other sg artistes. In fact, all other Chineses artistes outside Mainland China (inclusive of Taiwan, HK, Msian etc) will be subjected to dubbing due to the different accents.

However, lookwise, Fann really pale in comparison and she seems much elder than the other 2 actresses too.

Hmm she received tons of praises for this role actually, even the Chinese media raved her performance, with some naming her the standout,going the extent to say that she overshadowed FBB. So i guess its not that bad afterall. FBB is a good actress but i find her more of a movie actress than tv actress, she was just decent here.

Age wise, Fann is 40 and FBB is 29, obviously she seems much older, or rather she IS indeed much older, lets not be too critical la, everyone ages and at least Fann looks really good for her age.

Guest ah lian

Hmm she received tons of praises for this role actually, even the Chinese media raved her performance, with some naming her the standout,going the extent to say that she overshadowed FBB. So i guess its not that bad afterall. FBB is a good actress but i find her more of a movie actress than tv actress, she was just decent here.

Age wise, Fann is 40 and FBB is 29, obviously she seems much older, or rather she IS indeed much older, lets not be too critical la, everyone ages and at least Fann looks really good for her age.

Fann kind of acting has never been my cup of tea.. However, this time round, I think she has deliver an excellence performance and I am so happy that she doesn't us proud! Well done Fann.. :thumb: :thumb:

It is really not easy to enter the china market now with so many outstanding artist.. not mentioning that she can landed herself such a wonderful role together with FBB..

Can see from this triller that she has indeed improved alot!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Centrino

Not a fan of Fann, but I do not see anything wrong with her acting in this show. FYI, the whole show is dubbed, not just Fann Wong's dialogues.

She looks really really good for a 40 year aunty. Must b in the genes. No amt of facials, Botox or birds nest can preserve ones youthful look like good genes I think. I hv never seen a younger looking 40 year old in my life before.

Or is it placenta injections.....curious.

Fbb looks early 30s to me. Mayb the way her makeup is done.

maybe we are too used to singapore style fann wong so whaetever she act in we think its not good.

maybe to the foreigners who are not used to her, they may think she is good and attractive.

Not a fan of Fann Wong but at least it's a breakthrough for her. Think mediacorp is going to shoot a drama similar to this. We are always one step behind others.

Sorry for diverting. Can't help but must also mention how charming one of the lead actors 方中信 is. :P

Well, I should say Fann had only done a reasonable job in this series, not exactly a breakthrough performance; breakthrough perhaps was for working with a group of A-listers.

Unfortunately, this TV series was tailored-made for Fan BingBing, who played the title role 金大班 and Fann's was only a minor supporting role as a scheming man-and-money-snatching bitch.

Can consider its a bit tough for Fann to play a role of a virginal girl half her age compare to FBB, who had the plum role to play the title character, aging, thru all her trials and tribulations, from 20s to 50s.

Yes, my main reason to watch this series is Alex Fong 方中信, one of my all time favorite; just love his brand of melancholic charm.

Lately, China had produced many high quality TV series, especially historical and period dramas; in terms of star power, script, setting, costume, etc, we are miles behind with no signs of catching up.

Edited by cock brand

Guest Kendall

maybe we are too used to singapore style fann wong so whaetever she act in we think its not good.

maybe to the foreigners who are not used to her, they may think she is good and attractive.

The Chinese audience do not think highly of Fann's or Zoe's acting. Of course, some hardly know them, esp Zoe.

To be fair, both Fann and Zoe's acting aren't too bad, it is just that the local productions cannot elevate nor expand their acting skills.

In fact, if anyone were to be at fault for all the criticisms of our local productions, the single contributing factor is a lack of good backstage team who can scriptwrite, direct and produce a quality serial/film.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pabledin flows

If Joanne Peh really want to bare all for the camera in Eric Khoo's Charming Rose, please don't stop her okay? Let her do it. Don't be like that Christy Yow, using that ‘bare all’ antic to get media coverage and then later backed out by saying MediaCorp doesn’t allow her to do it.

These princesses are all trying to stand out as age is catching up and they still haven’t made any big impact with their careers.

Rui En used her cold and anti-social persona to stand out.

Jeanette Aw always tells the media about her kindness to her adopted god-children who lost their parents.

Joanne Peh is trying to shed her clothes to grab attention.

Joanne Peh said that as an actress, all her body parts are tools for acting. If so, then how can Rui En win Best Actress? How can Rui En be considered a good actress when she can’t even do a kissing scene or any bed scene or intimate scene even with all her clothes on? If Rui En wins the BA, isn't it a sign of poor judging?

For Joanne Peh: a good actress don't need to shed her clothes. But Joanne wants to bare all for Eric Khoo so she can go to Cannes. She is so ambitious & hardup for international fame to the extent of taking off her clothes! I think next time, she can never marry a Singaporean man anymore if she breaks up with her ang mo boyfriend. She has to continue to find an ang moh as husband, LOL.

Joanne Peh will forever be known as the undeserving winner of Best Actress 2009, compared to the REAL Best Actress Jeanette Aw (The Little Nyonya).

What outstanding or remarkable performance has Joanne Peh got since then? NOTHING.

In comparison, Jeanette Aw's role in Breakout totally elevated her into the ranks of top compelling actresses such as Huang Biren and Ivy Lee.

Jeanette Aw, you go!

actually most of the awards are kelong one la...don't have to be worked up if your idols didnt get it. That's why they said the acting industry is "hei Ang". Some can't act also get award... Those they wanted to promot will just keep getting starring roles..that is life, elsewhere the same too.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Joanne Peh will forever be known as the undeserving winner of Best Actress 2009, compared to the REAL Best Actress Jeanette Aw (The Little Nyonya).

What outstanding or remarkable performance has Joanne Peh got since then? NOTHING.

In comparison, Jeanette Aw's role in Breakout totally elevated her into the ranks of top compelling actresses such as Huang Biren and Ivy Lee.

Jeanette Aw, you go!

Please hor, if you tell me that Jeanette's role in Breakout has put her in the same league as actresses like Huang Biren, u seriously dunno whats good acting. Her performance was really a hot,brewing pot of utter mess and 90% of the i had no idea what she was mumbling about. Basically its quite shitty.

Guest amidst_the_stars

If Joanne Peh really want to bare all for the camera in Eric Khoo's Charming Rose, please don't stop her okay? Let her do it. Don't be like that Christy Yow, using that ‘bare all’ antic to get media coverage and then later backed out by saying MediaCorp doesn’t allow her to do it.

These princesses are all trying to stand out as age is catching up and they still haven’t made any big impact with their careers.

Rui En used her cold and anti-social persona to stand out.

Jeanette Aw always tells the media about her kindness to her adopted god-children who lost their parents.

Joanne Peh is trying to shed her clothes to grab attention.

Joanne Peh said that as an actress, all her body parts are tools for acting. If so, then how can Rui En win Best Actress? How can Rui En be considered a good actress when she can’t even do a kissing scene or any bed scene or intimate scene even with all her clothes on? If Rui En wins the BA, isn't it a sign of poor judging?

For Joanne Peh: a good actress don't need to shed her clothes. But Joanne wants to bare all for Eric Khoo so she can go to Cannes. She is so ambitious & hardup for international fame to the extent of taking off her clothes! I think next time, she can never marry a Singaporean man anymore if she breaks up with her ang mo boyfriend. She has to continue to find an ang moh as husband, LOL.

So true about Joanne Peh. Like Rui En once said, whats the point of harbouring and pursuing ambitions to headline a film when you haven't even hone your acting craft properly? You'll just show how bad your your acting is on a more massive scale. Maybe Joanne Peh should take note? And please, Joanne Peh to me, won Best Actress for TLN due to a few good and compelling scenes. And people who say that she is a great actress clearly have stamps pasted over their eyes. I don't see any greatness in YHIM and in A Tales Of 2 Cities, she overacts and sometimes seemed forced. RuiEn and that Taiwanese Actress who plays Rui En's Cousin were like so much more compelling to watch that that JP. Maybe she should relaly star in Eric Khoo's movie, from there we will see how she is going to "surprise" us with her "acting capabilities".

It was so funny how Joanne Peh actually announced that she was heading to Los Angeles to audition for movies in Hollywood... only to be exposed as having informal discussions with indie director Graham Streeter on a low-budget independent film!!

Even her association with Graham Streeter is by pulling her boyfriend's strings... Bobby Tonelli was the male lead of Graham Streeter's 2005 shot-in-Singapore movie 'Cages' with Tan Kheng Hua.

Stop bragging about Hollywood movies, Joanne. You should learn from Fann Wong, only make announcements when they are confirmed (Rise of Exiles). Your forgettable 2004 debut in Jack Neo's The Best Bet was a flop, and so was your forgettable performance in Kelvin Tong's Dua Seh Kai this year. You can't even convince TV audiences that your acting is any good! You turn me off more and more.

Guest Moi moi

And people who say that she is a great actress clearly have stamps pasted over their eyes. I don't see any greatness in YHIM and in A Tales Of 2 Cities, she overacts and sometimes seemed forced.

I think Joanne Peh is one of the more natural actresses around. She was good in Han Yew Kwang's Channel U telemovie, Love in a Cab.

I think Joanne Peh is one of the more natural actresses around. She was good in Han Yew Kwang's Channel U telemovie, Love in a Cab.

Natural doesn't mean good. She was playing herself in that telemovie, no difference no challenge.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Think its q obvious Joanne Peh is being promoted by mediacorp and she's also super media savvy. But alas shes not a fan favourite like Rui En, Jeanette. She relies on the media to promote herself but i dun see her topping or being one of the top few in popularity contests organised by papers and star awards. And i am sure shes probably one of the bottom few in the top 10 female artistes for star awards , for the past 2 years.

Guest ledgeteg iff

Think its q obvious Joanne Peh is being promoted by mediacorp and she's also super media savvy. But alas shes not a fan favourite like Rui En, Jeanette. She relies on the media to promote herself but i dun see her topping or being one of the top few in popularity contests organised by papers and star awards. And i am sure shes probably one of the bottom few in the top 10 female artistes for star awards , for the past 2 years.

什么“欧白年代”,现在是“瑞欧之战”,白嶶秀滚开啦!

from Baguatv blog's comments section (on newbie China actress Zhou Ying):

Basically,she thinks she’s someone as famous as jeanette aw,rui en and all that……one time i wrote something not very nice on her FB and nobody cared and in fact someone clicked the like button on what i wrote…..

ZHOU YING,YOU CHINA WOMAN,DREAM ON ABOUT BECOMING AS FAMOUS AS JEANETTE AW,RUI EN AND ALL THAT!!!!!!GO BACK TO CHINA IF U R GOING TO HAVE THIS SORT OF ATTITUDE AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!!

YOU THINK YOU R A JEANETTE AW OR A RUI EN IN MEDIACORP BUT U R A NOBODY IN MEDIACORP!!!!!YOU THINK TOO HIGHLY OF YOURSELF!!!!!

Guest Wah lao

WAH LAO!

That Z Ah Jie is on the cover of TNP whining about low viewership for local dramas.

Doesn't she get it?

It's not local dramas, it's HER.

All her dramas since 2006 have been flops.

*rolls eyes*

She still don't get it.

Guest amidst_the_stars

WAH LAO!

That Z Ah Jie is on the cover of TNP whining about low viewership for local dramas.

Doesn't she get it?

It's not local dramas, it's HER.

All her dramas since 2006 have been flops.

*rolls eyes*

She still don't get it.

what was the article about?

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.