Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

I believe that Mediacorp/TCS/whatever did market her to HK but to no avail.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Spotted Julian Hee near boon tong kee east coast road, ta pao for dinner. License plate SGH 123D lol. Looks very fierce though. He's very tall but his face got acne quite a lot.

Guest Guest

Stop criticising Zoe already! You people are extremely mean. Why must you people always criticise her?

Ask not why people are criticising her. Ask why she always got things to let people criticise... :unsure:

Guest Guest

Why would HK be interested in her??

In Singapore already so unpopular, still want to market to HK?? :rolleyes:

Guest Guest2

Real Ah Jies like Liza Wang and Carole Cheng would be so disgusted to share the title with her. :rolleyes:

Guest alien

I personally think zoe tay unlike fann wong, cannot really make it if she is out of mcs. She has acted in a few movie but none of them can make it and none of the movie able to make zoe tay popular and well known to other places.

You are right.

Raintree did try to push her to HK. Her debut movie The Tree 孩子树 (2001) was supposed to be a co-production between Raintree and HK investors. However, the HK movie companies pulled out when they heard an unknown was going to be the lead actress. In the end, Raintree solely financed the movie and got a director and production team from MCS TV production team. Production cost was $1.3m. It was a flop, making only $720k at the local box office.

In 2010, Clover Films headed by Lim Teck insisted on casting Zoe Tay in the lead role of a breast cancer patient in Love Cuts 割爱, partially financed by Health Promotion Board. Love Cuts performed even worse than The Tree. It made a huge loss at the box office, $90k box office vs $1m production cost, and also lost to Sandcastle, Haunted Changi and 老牛吃嫩草.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Even if all of its is true, why are you all putting the entire blame on her ? I find it sad that when an artiste is hitting a creative and professional low, he/she gets slammed like nobody's business and its not as if she is deserving of all this ; she didn't even get into any scandals or bad behaviour of any sort. But I get that's the price to pay when the media crowned her as "Queen" many years ago when she was at her peak; people have high expectations of her constantly and pull you down to the dumps if u dun reach all of them

She is not as notoriously hardworking as Fann or her acting skills isn't of the exact same stature as Huang Biren, but she still is a good actress who is versatile in her own way, and has star quality.

I mean Xiang Yun wasn't doing well during the early 90s to mid 90s and only started receiving critical acclaim in the late 90s, and gained household popularity as a strong character actress in the 00s.

Ivy Lee was condemned in the early and mid 90s for her enunciation but she managed to work hard and gain acclaim in her work from 1999 onwards.

chen Liping was also being typecasted and given lacklustre roles in the late 90s until she got Holland V.

It could be true that she was coasting on her popularity and her talents since a decade ago with most of her serials being quite average except for a few. I won't deny that. And some of her recent roles suffered from poor scripting and casting choices. I mean come on, its not her fault that Lin MeiJiao was cast as her mother in The Ultimatum when their age difference is not even 2 years~!

I get negative points for speaking in defense of her stripping scene in By My Side( and i wasn't condemning anyone in the forum in that post) which really shows something about some of the people here.

Anyway I hope her upcoming drama will silence most of her critics, and it could be her last chance to show she still have it in her.

Guest Peeps

Even if all of its is true, why are you all putting the entire blame on her ?

Even artiste, like foodstuff, have a use-by date. Once past the sell-by date(or use-by) it is past. Over the hill is over the hill. And that's what she is, like it or not. Unfortunately, delusional or otherwise, she keeps coming back...

Guest amidst_the_stars

Even artiste, like foodstuff, have a use-by date. Once past the sell-by date(or use-by) it is past. Over the hill is over the hill. And that's what she is, like it or not. Unfortunately, delusional or otherwise, she keeps coming back...

True she can't be doing certain roles like in the past. But why can't she come back? She still has to work and she is an artiste afterall who still has urge to act. If you are labelling her as that, then what do u say about chen liping and xiang yun?

amidst_the_stars status update:

"U don't have to be rich, 2 be my guy. U don't have 2 be cool, 2 rule my world. Ain't no particular sign I'm compatible with. I just want your extra time and your......................................KISS."

Please lah!

No man would want to give you any time, let alone extra time and a kiss. LOL

Even if he's in the wrong for anything, ur the worst for doing a personal attack.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Guest Guest2

Even if all of its is true, why are you all putting the entire blame on her ?

She's the common thread/link/reason why all her productions in the past 10 years flopped. Please don't push the blame to the crew, her co-stars, make-up artistes, HD TV etc. :whistle:

Guest Guest

Even if all of its is true, why are you all putting the entire blame on her ? I find it sad that when an artiste is hitting a creative and professional low, he/she gets slammed like nobody's business and its not as if she is deserving of all this ; she didn't even get into any scandals or bad behaviour of any sort. But I get that's the price to pay when the media crowned her as "Queen" many years ago when she was at her peak; people have high expectations of her constantly and pull you down to the dumps if u dun reach all of them

She is not as notoriously hardworking as Fann or her acting skills isn't of the exact same stature as Huang Biren, but she still is a good actress who is versatile in her own way, and has star quality.

I mean Xiang Yun wasn't doing well during the early 90s to mid 90s and only started receiving critical acclaim in the late 90s, and gained household popularity as a strong character actress in the 00s.

Ivy Lee was condemned in the early and mid 90s for her enunciation but she managed to work hard and gain acclaim in her work from 1999 onwards.

chen Liping was also being typecasted and given lacklustre roles in the late 90s until she got Holland V.

It could be true that she was coasting on her popularity and her talents since a decade ago with most of her serials being quite average except for a few. I won't deny that. And some of her recent roles suffered from poor scripting and casting choices. I mean come on, its not her fault that Lin MeiJiao was cast as her mother in The Ultimatum when their age difference is not even 2 years~!

I get negative points for speaking in defense of her stripping scene in By My Side( and i wasn't condemning anyone in the forum in that post) which really shows something about some of the people here.

Anyway I hope her upcoming drama will silence most of her critics, and it could be her last chance to show she still have it in her.

That's all we need to know.

Fail for a decade and counting.

If poor script is a reason, why all the poor scripts happen to land on her laps? Simply because give her good role also wasted!

Do you think Unriddle will be the same success if she's Dabao?? It will just be another fail.

Zoe Tay = Fail. :thumb:

Guest Guest

True she can't be doing certain roles like in the past. But why can't she come back? She still has to work and she is an artiste afterall who still has urge to act. If you are labelling her as that, then what do u say about chen liping and xiang yun?

Yes, she can come back but can she come back??

She's trying to come back for so many years, but no breakthrough, it's getting stale.

Chen Liping is breaking new heights all the time.

Xiangyun is consistently good.

Zoe cannot be compared to them with her 10 years of fail.

To the other Guest who said that about Chen Liping, you're gross.

Guest Guest2

If poor script is a reason, why all the poor scripts happen to land on her laps? Simply because give her good role also wasted!

Agreed. Actually she had a very meaty and plum role in The Ultimatum, but she was the cause of it being a flop, what with her bad pronunciation, exaggerated acting and wrinkles.

Guest Guest2

She's trying to come back for so many years, but no breakthrough, it's getting stale.

Don't like that leh.

She did try to achieve a breakthrough by stripping nude and showing off her bra and bare back in 不凡的爱.

Unfortunately everyone was either turned off or couldn't be bothered by her blatant attention-seeking antics.

Guest Guest

Don't like that leh.

She did try to achieve a breakthrough by stripping nude and showing off her bra and bare back in 不凡的爱.

Unfortunately everyone was either turned off or couldn't be bothered by her blatant attention-seeking antics.

The oldest trick in the book, try some nudity.

They do have terms and conditions, one of them is age limit. <_<

If past the age, at least look the part. And I'm not talking about a slutty centrefold spread where she is paintbrushed beyond recognition.

If you have it, flaunt it. If you lack it, stay low.

If Zoe Tay was the most successful and brilliant actress of Singapore today, you wouldn't hear her say what she is saying now, ie. "I have no ambition, I am not trying to prove anything, all I want to do is act".

This shows she herself acknowledges she's no longer the Queen, No. 1 Ah Jie, all those high-falutin titles that the media and her fans have been labelling her all these years. She knows full well she cannot live up to the hype and hot air, generated to artificially prolong and sustain her career.

This shows that hype and hot air can only go so far.

Guest Guest2

And I'm not talking about a slutty centrefold spread where she is paintbrushed beyond recognition.

It was really embarrassing when her bikini mag covers were exposed as the result of Adobe Photoshop.

It dealt a severe blow to her credibility and she was dropped from all those skincare endorsements of hers.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Agreed. Actually she had a very meaty and plum role in The Ultimatum, but she was the cause of it being a flop, what with her bad pronunciation, exaggerated acting and wrinkles.

Sorry what has having wrinkles got to do with good acting ? You are being totally off the point and its not even a fair criticism. Are you against aging?

Yes her acting was quite exaggerated but that production was also a big pile of mess and the script implausible. Why are uall only aiming her and not fann wong, who despite not having "much wrinkles and exaggerated acting", still come across bland and coyish in her role like she does with many roles despite her age.

It's not as if she did not receive acclaim for any roles in the past decade. She did well in Baby Boom and got nominated. And a few of her dramas in the past decade did pretty good too. I thought she was very compelling in Man At 40.

The media is largely at fault for hyping her up , she has not much control over what is written about her. But that said, she has been falling behind Chen Liping, Huang Biren and even Fann Wong in terms of work. My theory is that she is not motivated to work as sloggishly hard as she did in the 90s, hence the outcome. Maybe uall shld watch Devotion to see how it goes.

Guest Guest2

Sorry what has having wrinkles got to do with good acting ? You are being totally off the point and its not even a fair criticism. Are you against aging?

Yes her acting was quite exaggerated but that production was also a big pile of mess and the script implausible. Why are uall only aiming her and not fann wong, who despite not having "much wrinkles and exaggerated acting", still come across bland and coyish in her role like she does with many roles despite her age.

You are not reading properly. I never said wrinkles had anything to do with acting skills. I said the flop of the Ultimatum was due in part to Zoe's wrinkles. Just look at the massive amount of negative publicity about her wrinkles in the show.

Please don't compare apples with oranges. Compared to Zoe's meaty and juicy role (which she screwed up anyway), Fann's role was scripted blandly. But the ultimate sacrificial lamb is LNX, who was relegated to being Zoe's toyboy. Poor LNX... sacrificed for Zoe's ego.

Guest Guest2

It's not as if she did not receive acclaim for any roles in the past decade. She did well in Baby Boom and got nominated. And a few of her dramas in the past decade did pretty good too. I thought she was very compelling in Man At 40.

Baby Boom (2003) - her last Star Awards Best Actress nomination. Nothing since then.

Man at 40 - outshone by Phyllis Quek.

Nuff said.

Guest amidst_the_stars

Sorry just want to take a moment to say something.

Hey anonsg, you have some thing personal against me? Btw its pretty obvious u have been using nicks like LOL as a role of a guest to slam me. U wanna slam me do it in your registered nick and not resort to cowardice by posing as guests.

If you are not happy with me u can complain to the mod to ask him to ban me :) Need not religiously add negative poimts to my posts. And for the record, I did not bash anyone in my recent postings.

And wyclefjeansunho, guest 1 and anonsg are obviously in cahoots. If you got anything against me juz push it to me why affect innocent parties like waterballoon ? You all are cowardly bullies in this forum.

Edited by amidst_the_stars

Guest Guest

The media is largely at fault for hyping her up , she has not much control over what is written about her. But that said, she has been falling behind Chen Liping, Huang Biren and even Fann Wong in terms of work. My theory is that she is not motivated to work as sloggishly hard as she did in the 90s, hence the outcome. Maybe uall shld watch Devotion to see how it goes.

That was the problem.

The role is a 34 year old CEO. She may look the part with photoshop, but this is a real lead role in a drama that is not in her fantasy world of photoshop. If her role is a 50 year old mother, there will be compliments for her youthful looks!

So why is TU's failure entirely her fault? TU is tailor made for her, the meatiest lead role. BUT SHE LOOKS TOO OLD FOR THIS ROLE! :angry: She is clearly unsuitable for this role since she's so old, it should have been given to someone else! But she's what queen, so meaty role must die die reserve for her????? She could have rejected the role herself like what she did for Stepping Out when she refuse to shave for the role. Don't give me the excuse that it's beyond her. :rolleyes:

Devotion Aunty. We will see where the blame goes if she fails this time.

Hi amidst_the_stars,

I find that your posts are generally sensible and reasonable, well, at least most of the time.

What puzzle me is, what gives u the impression that u have the right to criticise Joanne Peh while others do not have the right to criticise Joe Tay. Isnt this double standard that u have?

U mean choosing a right role for herself is not within her control? Rejecting a role clearly unsuitable for herself, be it age wise or appearance wise is beyond her control? Learning to pronounce her own role name properly and acting naturally (but not overacting) are all not part of her job? Seriously her acting is quite average to me. Its quite a well known fact that her one and only Best Actress award was given to her, more as a consolation, after Fann, the newcomer then, won.

You have asked a very good question. Why are viewers not criticising Xiang Yun, Chen Liping and Fann Wong (or at least, as much)? The reason is very simple. These actresses are at least delivering up to the expectation of the viewers and at the same time, not taking undeserving

titles.

Hope u will take this positively.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest amidst_the_stars

Sorry if I gave the impression abt the Joanne and Zoe criticism thing. That is certainly not my intention. Yes I don't like her for various reasons , but I did say something in fairness in regards to her performance in Nyonya.

I am not even a fan of Zoe. Its juz that sum of the posts r so malicious and beyond reasoning , and sum guests n users make personal attacks against me even if my posts were trying to be rational n objective. That's why I overreacted.

Can you see my point of view? Thanks

Guest Guest

Hi amidst_the_stars,

I find that your posts are generally sensible and reasonable, well, at least most of the time.

What puzzle me is, what gives u the impression that u have the right to criticise Joanne Peh while others do not have the right to criticise Joe Tay. Isnt this double standard that u have?

U mean choosing a right role for herself is not within her control? Rejecting a role clearly unsuitable for herself, be it age wise or appearance wise is beyond her control? Learning to pronounce her own role name properly and acting naturally (but not overacting) are all not part of her job? Seriously her acting is quite average to me. Its quite a well known fact that her one and only Best Actress award was given to her, more as a consolation, after Fann, the newcomer then, won.

You have asked a very good question. Why are viewers not criticising Xiang Yun, Chen Liping and Fann Wong (or at least, as much)? The reason is very simple. These actresses are at least delivering up to the expectation of the viewers and at the same time, not taking undeserving titles.

Hope u will take this positively.

:thumb:

:thumb:

Zoe Tay thinks by virtue of her number 1 title in Mediacorp, ah jie or what Queen, she deserved all the lead roles and high profile shows. Have she ever looked at her own shows and see if she is up to standard or if she deserved any of those roles?? :yuk:

Guest Guest

Sorry if I gave the impression abt the Joanne and Zoe criticism thing. That is certainly not my intention. Yes I don't like her for various reasons , but I did say something in fairness in regards to her performance in Nyonya.

I am not even a fan of Zoe. Its juz that sum of the posts r so malicious and beyond reasoning , and sum guests n users make personal attacks against me even if my posts were trying to be rational n objective. That's why I overreacted.

You don't like Joanne, so you can criticise her, but include a word of fairness for her performance in Nyonya

I don't like Zoe, but I can't criticise her, even when all the statistics are out on the papers??

Her lousy acting is malicious and beyond reasoning?

Her wrinkles is malicious and beyond reasoning?

Her lousy boxoffice is malicious and beyond reasoning?

I think you are the only one who is beyond reasoning and overreacting. <_<

Guest amidst_the_stars

Oh well, I just hope Rui En wins this year's Best Actress award and hopefully Devotion doesnt tank.

And am looking forward to Rui en blind social worker and fann wongs traid boss roles.

Guest Zoe's fan

I don't like Zoe, but I can't criticise her, even when all the statistics are out on the papers??

Tsk. don't criticise zoe.

I like her manly voice... it turns me on :B)

As much as I wont say that its not entirely her fault, I wont say that she is not to be blamed too.

Its really strange when we see her peers (such as Aileen, Biren and Pan Lingling etc) acting as mum roles to adults artistes (such as JA, JP, Dawn Yip etc) while she becomes the daughter of LMJ and big sister to Elvin Ng???!!! Its akin to seeing all your fingernails growing except one. How acceptable can this be to the viewers at large??? Surely we are no morons to accept such trashy productions!

On her part, as much as I empathize with her, she has to learn to accept that she is aging. Very importantly, she must learn to age both naturally and definitely not forgetting, gracefully too. Xiang Yun is a fine example.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

she has to learn to accept that she is aging. Very importantly, she must learn to age both naturally and definitely not forgetting, gracefully too. Xiang Yun is a fine example.

Xiangyun, PLL, Aileen, Biren are all fine examples of aging gracefully.

Zoe Tay is aging very badly and don't blame audiences for pointing it out!

Guest Guest

As much as I wont say that its not entirely her fault, I wont say that she is not to be blamed too.

Its really strange when we see her peers (such as Aileen, Biren and Pan Lingling etc) acting as mum roles to adults artistes (such as JA, JP, Dawn Yip etc) while she becomes the daughter of LMJ and big sister to Elvin Ng???!!! Its akin to seeing all your fingernails growing except one. How acceptable can this be to the viewers at large??? Surely we are no morons to accept such trashy productions!

On her part, as much as I empathize with her, she has to learn to accept that she is aging. Very importantly, she must learn to age both naturally and definitely not forgetting, gracefully too. Xiang Yun is a fine example.

Her fans don't allow her to age, they only remember her as Bobo from 20 years ago,

Got wrinkle say no wrinkle, got crowfeet say no crowfeet, got eye bag say no eyebag, all delusional.

See her in magazine everywhere airbrushed until so nice, keep calling her glam.

Got some stupid idiot challenge readers somemore, show a photoshop photo of hers and asked if she look like 40 year old.

See the illusion all these idiots created??

Zoe tay also trapped in their illusion? :unsure:

Guest Guest

Xiangyun, PLL, Aileen, Biren are all fine examples of aging gracefully.

Zoe Tay is aging very badly and don't blame audiences for pointing it out!

Got term call aging dis-gracefully or not?

Guest Guest2

Got some stupid idiot challenge readers somemore, show a photoshop photo of hers and asked if she look like 40 year old.

LOL... are you referring to this?

zoe1.jpgzoe2.jpg

Does the photoshopped Zoe Tay look like a 40 year old mother of 2 to you??

Yes she does actually albeit a maintained (and a photoshopped) one in this case.

She clearly looks like a 40s lady, especially when she stood next to a 20s one. It will be deluded for her or her fans to think that she is still young looking.

This is a 20s looking person.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84344519@N00/1239717317/in/photostream/

deleted

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

I don't get what the big deal is.

I mean, uh okay Zoe Tay is an actress in her 40s.. is that a fxxking big deal? Xiang Yun, Hong Hui Fang etc are all around that age too? So? What's the issue that people have to KEEP BRINGING UP as if it's something wrong? I just don't get it. It feels so exasperating to see people going on and on about something so .. lame.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Guest subianto

When Kylie Minogue hit forty , she said that she would cover up and wear less revealing clothes in her publicity shots and her concerts ,

Heidi Klum also when she had her babies , she needed to wear more to cover more , because she was in her forties also, Tyra banks also started to cover when she became a mum nad use her other charms , mainly her expressive eyes.

Well, when you did not develop your nei han, that intangible , hard to describe quality , like lao Zoe , she ends up looking more like a fool everyday , as she listen to her stylist and entourage about how she wants to portray her image , all hell and loose flesh breaks loose.

She needs to go into a mountain hole and meditate , for ten years.

Guest Guest2

Devotion is likely to be another flop because of:

- Zheng Ah Jie (nuff said)

- the Star Search 2010 newbies, who are just too new

- Zhou Ying + Zhang Zhenhuan combo = boring

Guest Guest

AIYO, GENIUS!! fxxking GENIUS!!

Photoshop a raisin and call it a grape?? <_<

Any can recognise a raisin when they see one!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Which idiot sabo her and do this kind of brainless thing? He should be shot! :swear:

It's Aunty Zoe Queen of Mediacorp, not a wet market pork seller! Everyone knows she is 40, wrinkly and already aging rapidly when she was 30, everyone also know she will never go for botox or cosmetic surgery because she declare so loudly! :rolleyes: You think she will suddenly look younger at 40?? Let her auntify in peace can or not??

You pull this kind of visual trick? How can she face people in real life?? That marks the start of all the ridiculous anti-aging slams at her, but it's no surprise. She is supposed be young and smooth, but look at Ye Yicen in TU, what a sham! :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Her stupid fans who can't tell what is raisin and grape still want to jump to her defence, insist she is not that old and it's not her fault for aging. :rolleyes: Some unintelligent ones here totally missed the point and accuse others of putting her down unreasonably when she's undeservingly placed up there.

Zoe Tay is really ruined by all these stupid people called fans and supporters.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.