Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

Guest Guest

I don't like Jeanette Aw, she cannot act and her voice is so sugary sweet.

I hate Joanne Peh, she's such a SPG and thinks too highly of herself.

Rui En is the best, she can act and she's damn cool.

Yes, Rui En is the best, let her act in all dramas, let her sing all drama theme songs, let her report all the news, host all the variety programmes and live shows and win all the Star Awards!

Rui En every second, every minute, every hour, all day long, every week, month, year, on all channels, on all papers!

Puke!

Guest Guest

Never seen a more thick-skinned Romeo than Romeo Tan...

Romeo Tan expressed that he felt "lucky" to have been nominated after just a few short years in the industry, and attributed it to the many opportunities he had so far.

"I played this villain in 'Joys of Life' then I moved on to Jin Zhen Nan, a very cool character in 'Don't Stop Believin'', then I moved on to the Fish Prince in 'It Takes Two'. 

"The audience probably have a deep impression of me, seeing me go from bad, to charming, to the down to earth Fish Prince," said Tan with a grin. 

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Whether romeo tan thick skinned or not, but it quite true tht he is given many exposure on drama series. So even he got norminated also not surprising.

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Spend time counting your blessings,

not airing your complaints.

Anyone in the local industry or veteran here? May I know where are all those great team(producers,script writers,directors) of the 80s during SBC era went off to? Are they still active in today local scene? Really enjoy alot of the 80s classic dramas 迷离夜,红头巾etc. Many thanks in advance if you can answer my queries.

Guest Guest

Those scriptwriters, directors and producers who came over from HK and China to SBC in the early 80s, went back to their hometowns after HK's handover to China in 1997 and the subsequent boom of showbiz in China.

Ditto for those China actors in Singapore like Chunyu Shanshan etc.

For the SBC era Singaporean producers like Chua Swan, they were around till the late 90s, and then disappeared from the scene at the turn of the millennium when TCS became MCS and the organisational structure changed.

During Chang Long Jong's era the TV industry went downhill with a dearth of quality scriptwriters, directors and producers and a lack of budget.  The station stopped filming 古装剧 or 年代戏 and focused on cheap long running family dramas.  The station also stopped bringing foreign stars like Simon Yam and Alex Man in, and stopped filming trips to locales like Amsterdam or Las Vegas.  The station tried investing in co-productions with China and Taiwan, but pretty soon even this effort fizzled out due to Man Shu Sum's move to MDA.

Lucas Chow's era was no better, he did not remedy the situation and the quality of dramas, together with artiste management, went downhill, leading to an exodus of stars like Huang Biren in 2008, Christopher Lee in 2012 and Fann Wong this year.

Now MCS is filled mainly with newbies and those old artistes who have nowhere else to go, plus the 3 princesses.  There's been an effort to promote new faces, but none of these have truly stood out nor withstood the test of time.  

MCS is promoting their new e-service Toggle, but from industry sources, the take-up rate has been relatively dismal.

There has been no improvement to the quality of productions, they seem too pedestrian/everyday, shallow, lacking in soul and depth and somewhat irrelevant to local viewers.  The ban on political issues, horror/mystery and homosexuality hasn't helped the station's TV drama series as far as the envelope is not pushed on these areas.  Also, MCS's attempt at being a government mouthpiece in the drama Love Thy Neighbour really backfired and showed further just how out of touch the station is.

Those scriptwriters, directors and producers who came over from HK and China to SBC in the early 80s, went back to their hometowns after HK's handover to China in 1997 and the subsequent boom of showbiz in China.

Ditto for those China actors in Singapore like Chunyu Shanshan etc.

For the SBC era Singaporean producers like Chua Swan, they were around till the late 90s, and then disappeared from the scene at the turn of the millennium when TCS became MCS and the organisational structure changed.

During Chang Long Jong's era the TV industry went downhill with a dearth of quality scriptwriters, directors and producers and a lack of budget. The station stopped filming 古装剧 or 年代戏 and focused on cheap long running family dramas. The station also stopped bringing foreign stars like Simon Yam and Alex Man in, and stopped filming trips to locales like Amsterdam or Las Vegas. The station tried investing in co-productions with China and Taiwan, but pretty soon even this effort fizzled out due to Man Shu Sum's move to MDA.

Lucas Chow's era was no better, he did not remedy the situation and the quality of dramas, together with artiste management, went downhill, leading to an exodus of stars like Huang Biren in 2008, Christopher Lee in 2012 and Fann Wong this year.

Now MCS is filled mainly with newbies and those old artistes who have nowhere else to go, plus the 3 princesses. There's been an effort to promote new faces, but none of these have truly stood out nor withstood the test of time.

MCS is promoting their new e-service Toggle, but from industry sources, the take-up rate has been relatively dismal.

There has been no improvement to the quality of productions, they seem too pedestrian/everyday, shallow, lacking in soul and depth and somewhat irrelevant to local viewers. The ban on political issues, horror/mystery and homosexuality hasn't helped the station's TV drama series as far as the envelope is not pushed on these areas. Also, MCS's attempt at being a government mouthpiece in the drama Love Thy Neighbour really backfired and showed further just how out of touch the station is.

Thank you very much Sir.:)

Guest Guest

Anyone likes Zoe? Feel that aftter all these years, no one can best her. Although she is criticised for her wrinkles, she's still one of the best actresses on Caldecott Hills, and she's so friend and down to earth, unpretentious.

Guest 郑惠玉

Anyone likes Zoe? Feel that aftter all these years, no one can best her. Although she is criticised for her wrinkles, she's still one of the best actresses on Caldecott Hills, and she's so friend and down to earth, unpretentious.

The Queen - Zoe

Guest KimJongUn

白薇秀 Bobby 4年情断

baiweixiu.jpg

原本感情已到谈婚论嫁阶段的白薇秀与洋男友Bobby Tonelli,惊传4年情断,白薇秀受访时泪洒说:“我根本不认识真正的他!

No wonder they split [read analysis]. :blink:

Edited by KimJongUn

Guest ah bu for all the prince

personal I like rui en too, but got this thinking that if put all the so call princess of mediacorp together in a drama and let them have a good duet over their acting, then only will know who is good, and maybe can know who really can have the honour to take over the two jie jie of mediacorp for the next gen.

I don't like Jeanette Aw, she cannot act and her voice is so sugary sweet.

I hate Joanne Peh, she's such a SPG and thinks too highly of herself.

Rui En is the best, she can act and she's damn cool.

If I'm not wrong..he dated Nat Ho for a short period of time.

Haha, how come when we mentioned whether elvin ng is gay or not, surely nat ho will come into the pic? Meaning not only elvin ng is gay, nat ho also gay? Anyway, nat ho is the kind of guy i like. Recently there is an air asia tv ad, nat ho was in it, he looks so cute!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

We are a group of fans who are extremely shocked and saddened to know that MediaCorp actor, Huang Wenyong, is dying of cancer.

We want to dedicate this thread to Huang Wenyong and his memory.

Please send him your prayers, well-wishes, blessings and thoughts.

Our thoughts are with him and his family at this difficult time.

Wenyong, stay strong!

Guest Guest

Highly unlikely to be gastroenteritis (stomach flu) cos that affects mainly children and those in the developing world, and symptoms from either viral or bacterial infection typically last only 3 to 8 days for children.  The main complaint for gastroenteritis would be dehydration.

It is highly likelier to be stomach cancer (aka gastric cancer), and weight loss is one of the many symptoms of advanced stomach cancer. 

Hope Huang Wenyong stays strong and positive.

He is not suffering any cancers! According to the interview with mediacorp. Its stomach flu. Dun any how curse ppl...

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/huang-wenyong-clarifies-on-sudden-weight-loss

How come stomach flu can create such a big change on him, he lose a lot of weight!

对自己好是一种幸福,

对别人好是一种积福。

Guest Guest

http://stcommunities.straitstimes.com/tv/2013/04/01/fans-actor-huang-wenyong-furious-about-rumours-his-death

Fans of actor Huang Wenyong furious about rumours of his death

By Charlene Chua

cchar@sph.com.sg

Please leave Huang Wenyong alone. This is the plea from an angry TV viewer who saw the shocking posts online a few days ago.

He was referring to a "cruel hoax" that was played on the 58-year-old veteran actor.

On March 27 on the hardwarezone forum, a thread was started with the heading: "Huang Wenyong passes away".

The post, which was created by wuming73, continued with: "... in Army Series (1983), anyone still remember?"

It referenced the plot of an 80s Channel 8 drama series that Huang had starred in.

This didn't go down well with other netizens.

Wrote fabianlau: "This kind of thing cannot joke one."

Agreed chuanchuan: "Do yourself a favour and don’t post such stuff. Bad for karma."

On March 26, on the blowingwind forum, another netizen caused controversy with a post that read: “Singapore Actor Huang Wenyong Is Dying Of Cancer”.

When contacted, Huang’s manager said that Huang is alive and “fine”, having spoken to him recently.

She also said that he is not accepting any interviews for now as he is on medical leave till the end of next month.

Tribute thread

On the blowingwind forum, the post had read: “We are a group of fans who are extremely shocked and saddened to know that MediaCorp actor, Huang Wenyong, is dying of cancer.

“We want to dedicate this thread to Huang Wenyong and his memory.

“Please send him your prayers, well-wishes, blessings and thoughts. Our thoughts are with him and his family at this difficult time.

“Wenyong, stay strong!”

The irony was that this netizen was likely the victim of someone else’s claims.

When questioned by forum users on the veracity of the news, the netizen posted a link to a comment on the trevvy forum,where “sableboy” wrote on March 26 in a thread about the Star Awards, “Huang Wenyong may win coz he dying soon of cancer.”

Both the threads on the hardwarezone and blowingwind forums have since been deleted.

But some damage has been done.

Comments found on various media websites have pegged these claims as “truths”. Now, Huang’s fans are outraged.

Said 50-year-old housewife Lee Bee Leng: “This is not funny at all. I don’t know why Huang Wenyong was the victim of such a cruel act.

“Can you imagine how his family and relatives must have felt when they heard of it?

If people want to have an opinion on a celebrity’s acting or looks, that’s okay. But to say someone is dead, dying or has cancer when it’s not true is terrible.”

Businessman Henry Kok, 47, added: “People who have been following reports on Huang Wenyong would have known that he wasn’t in good health.

“But even if it’s just guesswork on these netizens’ part, they can discuss it, why do such bad things?

“Please leave Huang Wenyong alone so that he may recuperate in peace.”

The brouhaha over Huang’s health started last November when he was photographed looking pale and haggard at Channel 8’s 30th Drama Anniversary Show.

He told the media that he had lost about 8kg due to stomach flu that he had had since last September while filming the Channel 8 drama It’s A Wonderful Life.

Earlier this month, Huang had left an audio message to his fans on MediaCorp’s online portal Toggle.

He said: “I am well. All my friends who are concerned about me, please do not worry.
“It has been some time since we’ve met. I have never dreamt that I would fall ill, even though I am very health conscious and exercise regularly.

“After this experience, I realise just how important being healthy is.

“During this time, I feel sorry for not being able to respond, despite receiving so many well wishes. Sorry and thank you everyone.

“Please don’t forget to take care of your body. I will try my best as well.

“Hopefully, I’ll be able to return to work, film more great shows and entertain every one.”

This article first appeared in The New Paper on March 30, 2013.

• huange.jpgLOOKING UNWELL: Actor Huang Wenyong, 58, looked pale and haggard at Channel 8’s 30th Drama Anniversary Show last November.

-- PHOTO: SHIN MIN

Guest Guest

If people want to have an opinion on a celebrity’s acting or looks, that’s okay.

Like Lao Zoe's cannot make it at all acting or LiPig's XL ass and G cups.

Like Lao Zoe's cannot make it at all acting or LiPig's XL ass and G cups.

You not sian meh? like a old dog keeps barking at car passing by.  will call the spca to put u to sleep.  wahahahaha.

Guest Guest

You not sian meh? like a old dog keeps barking at car passing by.  will call the spca to put u to sleep.  wahahahaha.

put your cheebye to sleep!

Guest Guest

You not sian meh? like a old dog keeps barking at car passing by. will call the spca to put u to sleep. wahahahaha.

Only retards like you will laugh at your own joke.

It's not even funny, just plain retarded.

Siao!

Guest Guest 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7zuIFNAZU

Did SHE jinx the movie again???

You mean Zoe Tay? Hell yeah, she's a box office jinx.

In fact, that was a Toggle online film converted last minute into a big screen format to take advantage of the Valentine Day crowd. But as expected, no one was interested to see her and Chen Hanwei playing husband and wife.

Guest Guest

You mean Zoe Tay? Hell yeah, she's a box office jinx.

In fact, that was a Toggle online film converted last minute into a big screen format to take advantage of the Valentine Day crowd. But as expected, no one was interested to see her and Chen Hanwei playing husband and wife.

Who wants to pay $10 to see that old hag!?!?

Guest Guest

Who wants to pay $10 to see that old hag!?!?

Retarded Mediacorp and Cathay-Keris Films still put her photo as the biggest on the poster.

As if this box office jinx (The Tree, Love Cuts) can attract anyone into the theatres.

Retarded Mediacorp and Cathay-Keris Films still put her photo as the biggest on the poster.

As if this box office jinx (The Tree, Love Cuts) can attract anyone into the theatres.

at least the poster served its purpose: to make you angry and madness to relapse and continue nagging. hahahahha

Guest Guest

at least the poster served its purpose: to make you angry and madness to relapse and continue nagging. hahahahha

LOL, looks like you're the one with the relapse lor, lackey of Lau Zoe.

Haha

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.