Male HQ

Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)

On 8/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, Neh Neh said:

He looks like gone through a lot SM sex. Men grown up through pains and hardship. Yes he has changed or may be "bent" now 🙂

hahaha i burst out laughing at the comments. pow also look quite weird with this new hairstyle.

On 8/18/2021 at 8:54 PM, Guest Guest said:

who the hell is ah flute

i suppose is Addy (ah di, di for flute in chinese)?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, Guest Flute said:

U never see o veri the busy these few days

eversince he released

Lol

Release essence too?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

On 8/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Wow 洪丽婷 nubbad. 女二 in the new 9pm show

her acting has been quite good and consistent. mediacorp is grooming her like how they groomed ann kok years ago.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:03 AM, G_ZK said:

her acting has been quite good and consistent. mediacorp is grooming her like how they groomed ann kok years ago.

Those female finalists who signed from Star search are not bad, and see medicoprse are giving them lots of exposure, and they also can prove that they are good. 

Who the hell is 洪丽婷? Pic 

yes this 洪丽婷 probably has the most exposure among her star search batchmates.

her acting is natural and pretty good for a newbie.

she is not super pretty but she has this certain X factor which is suitable for showbiz.

On 8/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, Guest Guest said:

yes this 洪丽婷 probably has the most exposure among her star search batchmates.

her acting is natural and pretty good for a newbie.

she is not super pretty but she has this certain X factor which is suitable for showbiz.

She is no Zoe Tay.

On 8/21/2021 at 2:29 PM, Guest Guest said:

She is no Zoe Tay.

it is a blessing that she is no zoe tay. zoe tay is so not relevant in today’s entertainment scene. i mean, she didn’t even made it big around the region during her heydays.

On 8/21/2021 at 4:15 PM, G_ZK said:

it is a blessing that she is no zoe tay. zoe tay is so not relevant in today’s entertainment scene. i mean, she didn’t even made it big around the region during her heydays.

阿姐是无可取代的阿一!

On 8/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, bigdanbeam said:

Wow 洪丽婷 nubbad. 女二 in the new 9pm show

Yes... quite good indeed...

If groomed probably, she can give Rebecca a run for her money.

And I must say, the story is quite interesting.

I'm watching in KL on Astro, here we get to see 1 episode earlier than SG.

Nowadays, it seems to be a trend to have multiple storylines in a series... to use up the otherwise unused actors/actresses, give them chance?

On 8/22/2021 at 1:39 PM, Guest Guest said:

i never find desmond tan appealing at all. maybe its his face

Agreed, i also don't find him appealing. It is his overall look, somehow i don't find his face cute and body hot.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, Guest guest said:

Agreed, i also don't find him appealing. It is his overall look, somehow i don't find his face cute and body hot.

Desmond Tan has plenty of photos wearing military uniform on his Instagram. Go have a look and your perception of him will change. 

On 8/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, Guest guest said:

He is trying hard. Got to give him some credit.

His looks are the Singapore chinese coolie looks.

Guest 犯贱冰冰
On 8/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, Guest Tree said:

LOL

On 8/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, Guest Guest said:

Desmond Tan has plenty of photos wearing military uniform on his Instagram. Go have a look and your perception of him will change. 

not at all, sorry. and i find him ugly :ph34r:

On 8/22/2021 at 6:01 PM, Guest Tree said:

so mean!! haha!

but have to say i dont find him charismatic or good-looking. for his batch, i think elvin, romeo, julian hee, nat ho, jerry yeo, xubin are more handsome and appealing.

Guest 犯贱冰冰
On 8/23/2021 at 1:43 AM, G_ZK said:

so mean!! haha!

but have to say i dont find him charismatic or good-looking. for his batch, i think elvin, romeo, julian hee, nat ho, jerry yeo, xubin are more handsome and appealing.

Jerry Yeo?!

Guest Tylers Nipples

Finally... people are seeing and saying Greasay Monkey for what he is

I never find him appealing lol

Despite his many attempts to stay relevant

Nope

不 Ok

On 8/23/2021 at 1:43 AM, G_ZK said:

so mean!! haha!

Xubin is getting better, even though he does not have nice bod. True to say Desmond Tan does not have charisma. Judt find him doesn't have the audience appealing. Even though his bod consider toned.

Guest 犯贱冰冰
On 8/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, Guest Tylers Nipples said:

Nope

不 Ok

He was alright in CTRL.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:35 PM, Guest Tylers Nipples said:

Nope

不 Ok

青菜萝卜各有所好。

Less competition is good.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/23/2021 at 9:44 PM, Guest guest said:

Xubin is getting better, even though he does not have nice bod. True to say Desmond Tan does not have charisma. Judt find him doesn't have the audience appealing. Even though his bod consider toned.

I dun mind watching Xu Bin onscreen. His acting has matured and improved so much over the years. In fact its pretty good!

He has been getting lots of exposure, male lead in the 9pm show that just ended, male lead in 过江新娘 which is well-received and one of the male lead in 我的女侠罗明依. But not a bad thing.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:44 PM, Guest guest said:

On 8/24/2021 at 8:44 AM, Guest Guest said:

I dun mind watching Xu Bin onscreen. His acting has matured and improved so much over the years. In fact its pretty good!

He has been getting lots of exposure, male lead in the 9pm show that just ended, male lead in 过江新娘 which is well-received and one of the male lead in 我的女侠罗明依. But not a bad thing.

agree that Xubin improves tremendously in the past year. looks like marriage and parenthood did push his acting skills further.

for an actor, i think it is ok not to have extremely fit or toned bod. he is slim enough to carry most roles. Xubin face is the classic ‘handsome face’ that will appeal to most audience and easily be the 校草 eye candy type in school.

zong zijie is the muscleman of noontalk. but he needs to jump out of his fitso himbo typecast asap. or else he will be stucked in these silly himbo roles that won’t bring his career far.

Star Search 2007 only has 4 guys Andie Chen, Jerry Yeo, Desmond Tan and Jackson Tan. The one with the face and the body Jackson Tan has left the TV station, so is Jerry Yeo and therefore the most yandao around is Desmond Tan obviously since Andie Chen cannot compare on looks department.

Desmond Tan can only make use of his looks for a short while more. Star Search 2019 guys all look better than him and are fresher young people.

Body wise if Mediacorp can capitalise on how they market James Lye and etc last time then these fresh meat will have good prospect: Tyler Ten, Zhai Siming, Zane Lim, Zong Zijie.

On 8/23/2021 at 4:35 PM, Guest 犯贱冰冰 said:

Jerry Yeo?!

Jerry Yeo was the Star Search runner-up for Desmond Tan’s batch. last heard he is a SQ pilot. back then, he was my high school screen crush and a good manifestation of the typical bad boy. sadly he didn’t age well.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:26 AM, Guest Guest said:

Star Search 2007 only has 4 guys Andie Chen, Jerry Yeo, Desmond Tan and Jackson Tan. The one with the face and the body Jackson Tan has left the TV station, so is Jerry Yeo and therefore the most yandao around is Desmond Tan obviously since Andie Chen cannot compare on looks department.

Desmond Tan can only make use of his looks for a short while more. Star Search 2019 guys all look better than him and are fresher young people.

Body wise if Mediacorp can capitalise on how they market James Lye and etc last time then these fresh meat will have good prospect: Tyler Ten, Zhai Siming, Zane Lim, Zong Zijie.

Zane Lim has been given quite a few opportunities in recent dramas. he was colleague of Pow and Hong Ling in “Soul Young but yet Soul Old” and he is in the police team for current. Not meaty roles, but definitely good chance to learn the ropes and exposures.

Zhai Siming is still getting ah beng cameos that are quite forgettable.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, G_ZK said:

agree that Xubin improves tremendously in the past year. looks like marriage and parenthood did push his acting skills further.

for an actor, i think it is ok not to have extremely fit or toned bod. he is slim enough to carry most roles. Xubin face is the classic ‘handsome face’ that will appeal to most audience and easily be the 校草 eye candy type in school.

zong zijie is the muscleman of noontalk. but he needs to jump out of his fitso himbo typecast asap. or else he will be stucked in these silly himbo roles that won’t bring his career far.

Usually if you have fit and toned bod, you would be always casted as himbo role, or even always default have topless scene in the show. I think zong zijie got stuck in such a role for him, find that he sure to have topless scene in every drama he appeared. Not every fit and toned bod actors have topless scene in every drama, i think romeo now has lesser topless scene, and i have never see tyler topless scene in drama he acted so far. Nick teo also seldom show his topless bod in drama.

Xu bin would never have topless scene since he does not have toned and fit bod. But other then his acting skills really improved a lot over the years, he has also put on more weight and looks much better and nicer over the years. Still remember he was quite skinny when he just joined MCS.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, G_ZK said:

and loss of his great buddy aloysius pang

On 8/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, G_ZK said:

Jerry Yeo was the Star Search runner-up for Desmond Tan’s batch. last heard he is a SQ pilot. back then, he was my high school screen crush and a good manifestation of the typical bad boy. sadly he didn’t age well.

Think hs is only in his mid 30s, so how he looks now? How badly did he age?

On 8/24/2021 at 11:54 AM, G_ZK said:

Zane Lim has been given quite a few opportunities in recent dramas. he was colleague of Pow and Hong Ling in “Soul Young but yet Soul Old” and he is in the police team for current. Not meaty roles, but definitely good chance to learn the ropes and exposures.

Zhai Siming is still getting ah beng cameos that are quite forgettable.

Find Zane Lim like can't really act well, his acting kinds of weird. Don't if it is due to the role or his acting skills?

The male finalist from the star search doesn't seems to be given many exposure or good acting role, even for zhang ze tong.

On 8/24/2021 at 11:26 AM, Guest Guest said:

Honestly I don’t find Andie Chen ugly, he is not handsome but still looks okay. And his acting is good, much better than most of the male artistes. Too bad no 观众缘, and i think he gave up too fast.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, Guest Guest said:

Honestly I don’t find Andie Chen ugly, he is not handsome but still looks okay. And his acting is good, much better than most of the male artistes. Too bad no 观众缘, and i think he gave up too fast.

If after he has stay in mcs for quite a period and find that he still has no 观众缘 or never get popular over the years, should give up and move on. No point die die also must stay in mcs. Anyway, did he venture to China showbiz now?

If compared andie chen with mark lee, who is more ugly? You see how come mark lee can survive in showbiz until today?

On 8/24/2021 at 11:23 PM, Guest Guest said:

Andie Chen very fit one ok

spacer.png

Fit 佬alone is not enough. 

Jackson is the fittest but totally not groomed at all.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

On 8/24/2021 at 9:16 PM, Guest guest said:

Find Zane Lim like can't really act well, his acting kinds of weird. Don't if it is due to the role or his acting skills?

The male finalist from the star search doesn't seems to be given many exposure or good acting role, even for zhang ze tong.

haha yes zane cannot act well to save his life. but been on screen more often do allows people to reconize him more easily. elvin cant act too, but he manage to survive in showbiz for over a decade.

tyler acting is better. i was taken aback by his slapping scenes with juin during the finals. was disappointed he didn’t won the 3rd place then. tyler definitely needs to work on his chinese, which is about the same standard as mine.

i feel ze tong acting has plateaued? he has been using the same few expressions in all his dramas. he is like a “walking vase” for this 9pm drama.

zhai siming is quite overrated in all aspects, be it looks, bods and acting.

what happened to that girl who won 3rd place? totally disappeared from mdc.

On 8/24/2021 at 9:59 PM, Guest Guest said:

On 8/24/2021 at 10:54 PM, Guest guest said:

If after he has stay in mcs for quite a period and find that he still has no 观众缘 or never get popular over the years, should give up and move on. No point die die also must stay in mcs. Anyway, did he venture to China showbiz now?

If compared andie chen with mark lee, who is more ugly? You see how come mark lee can survive in showbiz until today?

On 8/25/2021 at 12:07 AM, fab said:

Fit 佬alone is not enough. 

Jackson is the fittest but totally not groomed at all.

i think Andie looks ok. not the good-looking handsome chap, but not the ugliest in the lot. in fact i think His acting is better than Desmond. I though he acted quite well in 十年 and 动荡的年代. i always though the issue with him is, he is either too greedy or unrealistic. he has this utopian mindset of being a superstar and so keeps flip-flopping between mdc, taiwan and youtube. in short, not very smart and focus to leave an impression before switching to another market.

• IkuTube changed the title to Mediacorp Artists - News And Gossips 新传媒新闻和八卦 (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.