Male HQ

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) & 男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys) - 2 Taiwan's Gay Dating Variety Shows Concurrently

sphere

"约会吧! 男孩", 台湾同志恋爱实境秀节目

"Boy Romance", Taiwan's Gay Dating Variety Show

Edited by sphere

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

• sphere changed the title to 约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) & 男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys) - 2 Taiwan's Gay Dating Variety Shows Concurrently

台湾两部同志恋爱实境秀在打对台, 另一部是:

Two Taiwan's Gay Dating Variety Shows Concurrently, the second one just started:

"男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys)"

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

19 hours ago, sphere said:

台湾两部同志恋爱实境秀在打对台, 另一部是:

Two Taiwan's Gay Dating Variety Shows Concurrently, the second one just started:

"男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys)"

Nice, so many gay dating show.

Interesting...subscribed to both youtube channels so I'll be notified when the new episodes are out.

Er.....please dun flame me....both shows' 1st episode have one thing in common that bugs the hell out of me....wearing dark sunglasses indoor....one even when handling a knife and not being very good at it....huh...really?!

I will check out the HK one too.

Watched the 1st episode of 'boys Like Boys' and frankly, found it very boring.

Only 6 contestants and 1 is a girl, who is probably just there to please the woke crowd and won't end up with anyone.

Can already predict the 2 muscle boys will end up together.

The Hong Kong one is much better - faster pace, more exciting and much cuter boys.

Didn't watch the Boy Romance cos no Eng subtitles lol

3 hours ago, Guest Hmmm said:

Only 6 contestants and 1 is a girl, who is probably just there to please the woke crowd and won't end up with anyone.

The Hong Kong one is much better - faster pace, more exciting and much cuter boys.

Thanks for the review! Maybe will skip the TW series first .... what is the title of the HK one? Cannot remember .... 🤔

14 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Thanks for the review! Maybe will skip the TW series first .... what is the title of the HK one? Cannot remember .... 🤔

2 episodes in...feels very familiar to me. I burst out laughing when I heard Kevin speak. I'm quite sure I sounded like him when I spoke Cantonese in my 1st 2 years in HK. 🤪 

3 hours ago, egal said:

Will do when I have more time to concentrate in reading subtitles.....😅

On 10/16/2023 at 2:59 PM, egal said:

when is ep 2 out

Episode 2 of "约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance)" will be out this coming Friday, you could catch its teaser trailer below.

Why so much later after its first episode?

I think they might want to coincide closely to the other gay dating show's episode 2 of "男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys)" on Saturday?

[just guessing eh, haha]

4 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

2 episodes in...feels very familiar to me. I burst out laughing when I heard Kevin speak. I'm quite sure I sounded like him when I spoke Cantonese in my 1st 2 years in HK. 🤪 

Will do when I have more time to concentrate in reading subtitles.....😅

By the way, after you finish watching their dating show and if you have the time or interested, you could also watch some of their 'after-show' activities, which includes trips to Taiwan and Malaysia. They are like a 'representative (or a voice)' for the gay community in Hong Kong, haha.

(click here)

On 10/18/2023 at 12:00 AM, sphere said:

By the way, after you finish watching their dating show and if you have the time or interested, you could also watch some of their 'after-show' activities, which includes trips to Taiwan and Malaysia. They are like a 'representative (or a voice)' for the gay community in Hong Kong, haha.

(click here)

To be honest, I'm never a fan of reality shows but I'm definitely intrigued by groundbreaking shows like these. I reserve my opinion on the 2 Taiwan ones as its too early to tell. Looking forward to tmr ep2 of Boy Romance.

I have to say I'm surprised and impressed by this HK one. Brought back a lot of memories and had quite complicated feelings (but in a good way) throughout the series. Definitely will check out "after show", after all Youtube's algorithm is already pushing them into my feed. But I need to slow down as I binged quite a few shows for the past 2 weeks. 

For those who have not check it out, I recommend it. 👍

13 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

To be honest, I'm never a fan of reality shows but I'm definitely intrigued by groundbreaking shows like these. I reserve my opinion on the 2 Taiwan ones as its too early to tell. Looking forward to tmr ep2 of Boy Romance.

I have to say I'm surprised and impressed by this HK one. Brought back a lot of memories and had quite complicated feelings (but in a good way) throughout the series. Definitely will check out "after show", after all Youtube's algorithm is already pushing them into my feed. But I need to slow down as I binged quite a few shows for the past 2 weeks. 

For those who have not check it out, I recommend it. 👍

Thanks for the recommendation ... will go watch HK's Boyscation. 👌

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) Ep 02

男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys)

Apparently episodes 2 and 3 were already out, but they were not showing in their official 'free-to-air' YouTube channel (maybe only will show much later on) unless you have an account with them - that's quite a bummer eh.

However, you could still catch this series at other streaming websites, such as this --> here.

In addition, there are altogether 8 participants - 2 more will be added soon (similar to the Hong Kong's dating show, which they also added 2 more at a later stage):

These are some of the 'behind-the-scenes' of the show: video 1 and video 2.

12 hours ago, sphere said:

男生男生配 (Boys Like Boys)

Apparently episodes 2 and 3 were already out, but they were not showing in their official 'free-to-air' YouTube channel (maybe only will show much later on) unless you have an account with them - that's quite a bummer eh.

However, you could still catch this series at other streaming websites, such as this --> here.

In addition, there are altogether 8 participants - 2 more will be added soon (similar to the Hong Kong's dating show, which they also added 2 more at a later stage):

These are some of the 'behind-the-scenes' of the show: video 1 and video 2.

Getting interesting.....👍

All so young.....after watching "new additions" to both the HK one and this, I couldn't help wonder..... wouldn't it be interesting to throw in a hunky daddy into the mix and see what happens...🤭

5 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

Getting interesting.....👍

All so young.....after watching "new additions" to both the HK one and this, I couldn't help wonder..... wouldn't it be interesting to throw in a hunky daddy into the mix and see what happens...🤭

There was an age limit during the casting process... and nobody wants to see lao gays in a dating show lol

On 10/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, Guest Hmmm said:

ur eye got problm sibo, whr got gal, mayb u den e gal lo.. jus got 1 guy like long hair n wear makeup nia, gay date la, knn donno hw 2 watch show..

2 hours ago, Guest guest said:

ur eye got problm sibo, whr got gal, mayb u den e gal lo.. jus got 1 guy like long hair n wear makeup nia, gay date la, knn donno hw 2 watch show..

If there is really a girl in the show, maybe they are hoping that the girl can turn all the gays into straight. 😂

The cast of BLB was featured in one of the news clip regarding the Pride over the weekend. All 8 were there, 4 on the float (Shifeng, Nio, Jiahang, Ruirui) and 4 walking behind (Gino, Guanyu, Susu, Bobo). Obviously since the show still going on, and dunno got which pairings, none of them appears more closer in interaction with any other.

And in ep 4, the daring act by Gino in the changing room, so bottom behaviour haha

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) - update

In summary, episode 3 was not up to the director's expectations and wanted to do some editing, but was not in time to release last weekend.

Hence, the edited episode 3 will be released this coming Friday (3 Nov).

Written by the director (but it is in Chinese only):

我是《約會吧!男孩》的導演謝志文。

首先,我要由衷地感謝大家對我們的節目的熱情支持和熱切期盼。我們的團隊一直努力以最高水準為您呈現精彩的內容,並且一直努力確保每一集都能超越您的期望。

目前,我們已經播出了兩集,原本預定在這個週播出的第三集。然而,在上架前發現第三集成品有嚴重瑕疵,雖已懇請後期製作團隊周六加班修正,奈何還是趕不及可以周日上架,為了確保以後節目不再發生以上情況,也期望節目做到最高的品質標準,我做出了一個艱難的決定。我決定將節目延遲一週更新(第三集的更新日期延至11月3日週五上架),以確保以後不再發生延遲的情況。

這個決定並不是輕率而來,而是出於我對節目內容的堅持。我相信,您應該享受到最精彩的故事,最動人的瞬間,以及最深刻的情感體驗。因此,我和團隊需要額外的時間,以確保每一個細節都完美無瑕。

這次的改變對您造成了不便,我深感抱歉。我理解您的期望,並對您的耐心等待表示感激。我們將努力不懈,以確保您會得到一個超越預期的節目內容。

謝謝您的理解和支持。我與團隊期待著與您分享更多令人驚嘆的時刻,請繼續關注《約會吧!男孩》。如果您有任何問題或意見,請隨時與我們聯繫。我們的目標一直是提供一個感動人心的故事,並且在您的生活中留下深刻的印象。

再次感謝您的支持與諒解,期待在11月3日周五與您見面!

誠摯地抱歉,謝謝感恩
導演謝志文與《約會吧!男孩》製作團隊

[source]

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) Ep 03

Edited by sphere

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) Ep 04

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) - another update

In summary, there will not be anymore weekly episodes due to the lack of manpower for the post-production editing.

However, the remaining 8 episodes will be released all at one go on 29 Dec 2023 (Friday).

Written by the director (but it is in Chinese only):

在這段時間裡,您對《約會吧!男孩》的支持與愛戴,一直節目製作單位最珍貴的動力泉源。您的支持與陪伴和熱情,讓我們感到無比榮幸。

我們深深明白,每週一次的播出,都是您期待的重要時刻。然而,在後製時間的調配上,我們確也碰到了力有未逮的人力問題,迫使在時間的壓迫下上架,所呈現出來的作品也就不臻理想,近期在聽取各方給予我們的建議,為追求高品質的同時,於是我做出一些修正決定:《約會吧!男孩》後面8集的節目,將不再以每週一集的方式播出,而是改為全部後製完成後,全部於12月29日(五)一次性全部上架。

這個決定是經過反覆仔細思量的,因為我們深知這可能給您帶來一些不便,甚至讓您的期待落空。但是,這是為了確保每一集都能綻放出最璀璨的光芒,呈現給您最優質、最完整的節目內容。

我們的心中充滿感激,感謝您的理解和支持。每一次的觀看、每一份鼓勵,都讓我們更有動力繼續努力、持續創作。您的陪伴是我們最寶貴的鼓舞,也是我們前進的動力。

如果您有任何疑問或想法,請隨時與我們分享。我們期待在12月29日與您一同分享所有精彩時刻!
由衷地感謝您,

謝志文導演與全體製作團隊

[source]

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/29/2023 at 11:22 PM, sphere said:

Sigh...why dress the participants of 约会吧男孩 in PVC?! The creative direction, planning, execution and publicity for 男生男生配 is so much better...I hate to say this but 实力悬殊 very obvious. Not that is not worth watching 约会吧男孩, but put side by side...so far....the difference a bit too jarring. Hope the the 约会吧男孩 production team can close the gap at least post production when they release all the remaining episodes on 29th Dec.

11 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

Sigh...why dress the participants of 约会吧男孩 in PVC?! The creative direction, planning, execution and publicity for 男生男生配 is so much better...I hate to say this but 实力悬殊 very obvious. Not that is not worth watching 约会吧男孩, but put side by side...so far....the difference a bit too jarring. Hope the the 约会吧男孩 production team can close the gap at least post production when they release all the remaining episodes on 29th Dec.

I agree, I'm sure the show would have been filmed quite a while back, shouldn't the editing and what not be done before they start to broadcast... Rather than keep using the excuse that the editing was not up to the director's standard, sounded pretty "lame" and making the other show way much better, haha.

11 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

I really like 艾瑞瑞 & 波波。

Yeah, I didn't know 艾瑞瑞 is so likable - he was my last in the list when I first saw the initial 6 participants, haha.

Similarly, 波波 was only 'likable' when he started to open up more to the others, initially he looked quite aloof eh.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

约会吧! 男孩 (Boy Romance) Ep 05

• 4 weeks later...

10 hours ago, sphere said:

I seem to get the vibe (not just from this video) that the pair is in "working" mode. My hunch tells me that these 2 will not work out. Not just the 11 years age gap but they are in very different life stages apart. But it will be a good learning experience for Guan Yu as he seems like a level-headed and smart guy.

12 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

I seem to get the vibe (not just from this video) that the pair is in "working" mode. My hunch tells me that these 2 will not work out. Not just the 11 years age gap but they are in very different life stages apart. But it will be a good learning experience for Guan Yu as he seems like a level-headed and smart guy.

Yes, in some ways, they are trying to make this relationship works, though I'm not sure it will work eventually, we'll see if you are right in the near future, haha.

[not sure why they didn't show all the traits in discussion - something 'fishy' there? haha]

Don't know why, the feeling Gino gave me was he's the 'playboy' kind person - this is just a feeling eh (I could be wrong).

Let's hope this couple would work eh (despite your 'prediction' above), haha.

• 1 month later...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.