Male HQ

David Foster, pop star wannabe

Guest fortest

Guest fortest

Foster wants the adulation and worship accorded to pop stars.

So he

1) appears on CD covers with Celine Dion.

2) appears in Andrea bocelli's concerts where foster comes across as the main star and bocelli the guest singer.

3) David foster and friends CDs and concerts where people rather  watch for the friends

Guest Forrest
7 hours ago, angel_dust said:

David Foster is a great composer. Surely you've heard of songs like Glory Of Love, After The Love Has Gone, Hard To Say I'm Sorry and many more.

Yes and producer of some not all of Whitney's and Celine's hits.

What I'm saying is, his true ambition is to be a pop star. Long ago, he released some solo albums which didn't take off.😱

Also, some people are so full of themselves, that it is okay for them to offend people beneath their station. 

But when their feelings are hurt, it's a case of "hell hath no fury like a WOMAN SCORNED."

EGOTISTICAL, FULL OF PRIDE

Guest Captain Obvious
On 11/5/2023 at 8:05 AM, Guest Forrest said:

Yes and producer of some not all of Whitney's and Celine's hits.

What I'm saying is, his true ambition is to be a pop star. Long ago, he released some solo albums which didn't take off.😱

Erm ya... why u start a thread to point out the obvious?

David Foster is a failed popstar, but a brilliant musician nonetheless.

Although he didn't become famous the conventional way, nothing wrong with the way he made himself famous.

Afterall, artists like Celine and Whitney benefited just as much from him as he did from them.

Simon Cowell and even our own Ken Lim also wanted to be famous what.

Otherwise they wouldn't have taken up a gig to be in front of the TV.

Guest Old Cow

Because I watched some andrea bocelli concert DVDs. Foster talked too much and his commanding presence made Bocelli looked like a guest artist.  Like he hijacked the show.  Other producers don't do this.

I also thought Foster cocky and self important. He sought attention by sharing the singers' limelight. I do think it's rude even if the singers tactfully agreed.

The reason why Foster did not make it as a pop idol is because he doesn't have a good singing voice.

Sometime ago, I was buying tickets at Sistic. The lady asked if I was going to David Foster and Friends. I shook my head. She laughed and remarked Foster talked a lot during his shows.

I read some concert review that one of his concerts turned into an audition for new talent. Felt sorry for the audience.

• 6 months later...
Guest Old Cow Moo Moo

David Foster is and Idiot.

The jazz albums he produced are so lame.

Better let those big voice divas do the job. With or without his arrangements, the divas sound great.

Guest Old Cow Moo Moo

Before Summer began to sing Last Dance, Foster butted his giant head and ego in and said it was the stupidest idea to have that song start slow and then became fast.

Foster talked as though he can do better even though he did not produce Last Dance. And thank goodness he didn't!

What a display of ego more than talent.

Last Dance went on to become a huge hit for Summer in 1978. No 3 US billboard. No 1 Dance Club.

The producers Jabara and Moroder obviously knew what they were doing.

And the public had better taste than Foster. 

Guest Old  cow
6 hours ago, superflawless said:

I agree that Forster wants to be a pop star but he lacked the vocals. 

🙂

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.