Male HQ

How meaningful is stats without a face or body pic with face?

kwongheng

On BW forum and on PM, you will often get people sending stats like age, height and weight. Some to me are rude, they would pm me and ask for stats instead of introducing themselves. But those are just numbers, how would anyone just meet up with just those numbers? Yes, I agree that it does some pre-screen for age, height or even weight, but wouldn't a full photo with face and body be a better marker? 

What is stranger still, some would have a badly photoshopped photo of their face and lie that that is the only photo they have... I hate liars. In this day and age with mobile phones, it's impossible not to have more than 1 selfie. Then there are those who would indeed send their photo, but you need to super zoom in to see their face, like what's the point?

Does stats help you in deciding on the next step? How often does stats looks goods but not when you receive the photos? Why are we obsessed with stats instead of real photos?

The irony,

old times, must use camera, develop film, use a scanner then save in PC before got pic - so people rely solely on stats

new times, pictures anyhow spread, expose, catfishing, blackmailing - so people rely solely on stats

The latest trend is to use instagram for human validation but no lack of catfishes there too.

• 3 months later...

Question: How meaningful is stats without a face or body pic with face?

Reply:

In the end it is up to you if you meet someone without having seen a pic. 

I think from my app experience the amount of guys not providing a pic or face pic is much lesser nowadays than 10 years ago. 

These guys refusing to send a pic are very few now. 

On 11/15/2023 at 11:40 AM, radiusulnar said:

my guess is that stats serve as a first layer of screening. whether too young/old, short/tall, light/heavy. also stats are anonymous. this carries through to the non-existent or headless profile pics.

Agree about the anonymous part. Some people just wanted to live their secret live in secret. 

Guest Lim

Some look good in pic but when meet up not really good. There are also some who don't look good in pic but look good during meet up. That's what i experienced.  So, I personally prefer to meet in real.

I think there is a need for acceptance that there are many different types of people in this world. Just pick what works for you.

I don't send pics. It is internet wisdom that one can never undo what goes out online. People using your pictures doing funny things online are not new news and when they find out, they go online cry father cry mother. People photoshopping pics to exchange with you are not new news either. So I don't see the point of subjecting myself to such drama. 

I'm not out and have a professional life to live in a real world that is not ready to be accepting yet so I need to protect myself from people who would misuse my pictures. 

It is very common to see people describing the act of not sharing pics as "rude". I find that a hilariously misplaced entitlement. Especially from those who does not have a face pic themselves.  

Am really glad that there are still like minded people out there who screens for stats 1st before deciding to meet in person.  

How meaningful is stats without a face or body pic with face?

At least it is something I would say. It's still better than those totally empty profiles. 

Everyone using these apps is at a liberty to meet someone who doesn't send a face pic/ body pic with face or to let it be.

Nobody forces you to meet if you don't feel comfortable without having received a face pic. 

While I surely recommend that guys at least send a pic in the chat but you can't impose. 

Edited by singalion

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.