Male HQ

Which Air Ticket Site is most reliable in Singapore or do u book through travel agent ?

Dear admin, If posted wrog category, kindly reclassify. Thank Yiou

1.  Which Air Ticket Site is most reliable in Singapore or do u book through travel agent or via travel fair  ?

2. Which is  a good location to travel  3 to 7 days ?

3. If 7-14 days

4. 14-30 days ?

Any good reviews ?

I heard BKK is bad nowadays, most goes Vietnam

Edited by HUNGRYBTMS

45 minutes ago, radiusulnar said:

1. airline website is most reliable

I intended to write the same.

You can search on something like

Skyscanner, Cheapflights or Trip

but often those sites can match different airlines or you need to be careful whether the cheap flight has a certain stop over location. It might also be a non reliable airline on the return sector. So you need to be careful.

In the end it will link you to the airline.

And then the trouble starts because maybe the initial flight found on the Skyscanner has departure timing at 23.45 for travelling out to somewhere in Asia, or return arrival at 4am in Singapore. Second if you add on extras (check in baggage) price might be very different later, on times higher than with non budget airlines. worst for budget are also those Credit card payment charges, can go per sector to a total of S$40 on top at the end. (Not all budget have cheaper payment options).

It can be used as an indication to get to know in general what you may spend for a flight to a certain destination but final costs can be more.

It is worthwhile on times to check with non budget airlines, in particular if they have promotions.

Travel Fairs are recommended if you intend to do a tour and want everything organised. Let's say a 10 day trip to Egypt, where you don't need to look up the touristic attractions. Same for travel agents. Let's say you want to do a 10 day New Zealand trip but intend to hop onto the differents parts/ islands in New Zealand, the agent can recommend a tour program for you, which might be quite trouble to organise for yourself.

2.    3 - 7 days

Probably the bigger Asian cities around here.

(Might depend on your favoured preferences as to guys also (haha)

Surely KL, Penang and Bangkok are easer to travel locations due to the prevalence of English spoken there and the public transport/ availability of taxis.

A factor would also be: Visa or Visa on Arrival costs. (depending on nationality)

3.  7 - 14 days

Probably some trips in the nearer region when you intend to not just visit a city but also go into the countryside itself.

Let's say you go to Jakarta but make a tour to the Banten region in West Java or you visit Manila but then hop to one of the other islands (Palawan) in the Philippines.

For the Philippines/ Indonesia you just need to cater more travelling time, if you explore into the countryside/ islands.

But can also be South Asia like Sri Lanka.

4. 14 - 30 days

Countries that require even more travel time within the country, because of distances or longer travel times

Even Indonesia could be worth 14 days if you travel to certain parts within the country or intend to see the countryside at main Java island. Let's say you travel from Yogjakarta to Semarang for 2 weeks and make stops at Malang/ Solo and other smaller cities.

But in general that would be for Europe, US, Canada, South America, Mexico more suitable to have more time to travel around a continent or bigger country.

E.g. going to some natural attractions, Grand Canyon, Aztec temples plus beach vacation.

In the travel section are some travel experts that might have good ideas.

5. Why is Bangkok bad?

May I ask why Bangkok is bad?

Vietnam might be interesting but might also be a difficult to be travel location, English is not common and on a very low standard.

Asking for directions can already be an issue, even when you ask younger people, either their English is non existent or the accent is very hard to understand.

In certain major cities hotels are totally overpriced when you compare value to price.

You are easily duped on things and need to be careful (what nowadays you encounter much lesser in Bangkok)

Everything needs good beforehand planning.

If you are very adventurous then surely Vietnam is thrilling. You need a certain degree of experience and very important high patience and low frustration mindset.

Bangkok offers a better public transport system, if you base your hotel near the MRT you can reach most of the important locations.

Edited by singalion

On 1/25/2024 at 1:15 PM, HUNGRYBTMS said:

1.  Which Air Ticket Site is most reliable in Singapore or do u book through travel agent or via travel fair  ?

3. If 7-14 days

4. 14-30 days ?

Any good reviews ?

1. Emirates or SQ website

2. Some many options — KL, BKK, JB, Bali, Sydney, Melbourne, NZ South Island, Tokyo

3 and 4. EU

• 3 weeks later...

Recently the air asia website

https://www.airasia.com

turns out having too many glitches.

The page doesn't turn to the next site. Is hanging. Same when you log in with your personal account for AirAsia.

Further, the website now shows you other flights than just airAsia, you need to click away the other airlines one by one, just to see the AirAsia flights.

After you selected two flights it will automatically prompt you to enter your account details. Meaning, you can't really check the final price like with other budget airlines.

Note also that some flights are via KL. You need to watch out carefully not ending up taking a connecting flight via KL. AirAsia seems to have stopped many flight directions and is channeling passengers through KL with a 1 stop flight.

Some days ago, I always got the error message:

"We're sorry, There is a problem booking the flights you selected. It's not you, it is us. Please select another flight. "

This went on for days.

I guess Fernandez wants everyone to download the App but I prefer booking tickets on a pc and not through the handphone.

Maybe the airline is running out of money to properly operate their website...

someone having similar issues?

Edited by singalion

Many credit cards have travel services as part of their program for their customers. I use Amex for pretty much all my travel needs. Besides the points, they have upgraded me on a few occasions for either the hotel or the flight. Sometimes, instead of charging for the entire length of the stay, i.e. 4 nights, they charge 3 nights, and throw in a spa credit etc. Also they cover the travel insurance. 

Many credit card companies provide similar benefits. Look up their websites. 

Love. 

1 hour ago, doncoin said:

Many credit cards have travel services as part of their program for their customers. I use Amex for pretty much all my travel needs. Besides the points, they have upgraded me on a few occasions for either the hotel or the flight. Sometimes, instead of charging for the entire length of the stay, i.e. 4 nights, they charge 3 nights, and throw in a spa credit etc. Also they cover the travel insurance. 

Not sure if you got the point of my post. 

Even with an Amex you still have to go through the booking site...

11 hours ago, doncoin said:

8 hours ago, doncoin said:

I call the agent over the phone. 

But not all American Express have that type of butler service in all countries.

For example in Singapore they reduced all these add ons significantly to near to zero.

There used to be the Hilton Honors American Express that provided such Concierge services. But this card is no longer distributed in this region (as to my info).

These cards provide the Concierge service:

The American Express Concierge service is for premium card members only. This includes anyone who holds a version the Amex Platinum card, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (Terms apply), the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (Terms apply), the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express* or the Centurion® Card from American Express*

Note that the Annual Fee for a Platinum American Express is roughly S$2000 (incl of GST) and this fee will not be waived as the card is directly from American Express. There is also a minimum S$6000 minimum spend on the card for the first two months. Membership points will  only be accumulated if you have spent S$8,000 in the first six months.

The Centurion (Annual Fee 6500 incl GST) seems no longer distributed in Singapore. 

The second disadvantage I see is if you are bound to one certain hotel chain (here Hilton)

These cards also do not compare with Credit Cards distributed from the local Banks.

It might be good advice if you are in the higher end of earnings or can live off a fortune through inheritance etc. But I guess for most here the advice doesn't mean much...

Guest Srsly
21 minutes ago, singalion said:

But not all American Express have that type of butler service in all countries.

For example in Singapore they reduced all these add ons significantly to near to zero.

There used to be the Hilton Honors American Express that provided such Concierge services. But this card is no longer distributed in this region (as to my info).

These cards provide the Concierge service:

The American Express Concierge service is for premium card members only. This includes anyone who holds a version the Amex Platinum card, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (Terms apply), the Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card (Terms apply), the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express* or the Centurion® Card from American Express*

Note that the Annual Fee for a Platinum American Express is roughly S$2000 (incl of GST) and this fee will not be waived as the card is directly from American Express. There is also a minimum S$6000 minimum spend on the card for the first two months. Membership points will  only be accumulated if you have spent S$8,000 in the first six months.

The Centurion (Annual Fee 6500 incl GST) seems no longer distributed in Singapore. 

The second disadvantage I see is if you are bound to one certain hotel chain (here Hilton)

These cards also do not compare with Credit Cards distributed from the local Banks.

It might be good advice if you are in the higher end of earnings or can live off a fortune through inheritance etc. But I guess for most here the advice doesn't mean much...

honestly, can you not get a life?

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, radiusulnar said:

is it? i still see people use now and then

💯 Exactly! The card is still around. It has never been "distributed" as the application is "by invite" only. Goes to show how someone with no life just loves coming to this forum to act smart all the time. He is insulting our intelligence with all those dumb remarks all over this forum here. Now that he has been called out for his deception, the next thing he will do is to cover up his lie, maybe with even more lies.  It's getting tiring.

3 hours ago, radiusulnar said:

is it? i still see people use now and then

I checked on American Express Singapore website. 

I also wrote "seems" , which indicates uncertainty. 

The people might be from overseas or having existing cards with running expiry date in the future!

Edited by singalion

It is actually futile to talk here about the Centurion Amex Card because yearly spending must be above S$200,000 (if not more) and anyone who wants an invite requires to have an outstanding relationship with American Express and un-compromised credit rating. Further the relationship is not built with local Bank's Amex cards (DBS/ UOB) but only with the Amex directly issued cards.

As of October 2023 there have been just 100,000 Centurion cards issued worldwide.

The card is simply out of reach for most guys here.

Guest Srsly
7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

💯 Exactly! The card is still around. It has never been "distributed" as the application is "by invite" only. Goes to show how someone with no life just loves coming to this forum to act smart all the time. He is insulting our intelligence with all those dumb remarks all over this forum here. Now that he has been called out for his deception, the next thing he will do is to cover up his lie, maybe with even more lies.  It's getting tiring.

you were right - he’s come back again, derailing this topic because of his endless need to comment on every topic and ro always be right. It’s sad - the mods should give him a holiday for his own good. It might also bring some fresh air to this whole forum. 

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, singalion said:

It is actually futile to talk here about the Centurion Amex Card

Oh! So it is "actually futile to talk here about the Centurion Amex Card" , when you were the one who started talking about it in the first place? Why happened to cause this change in attitude? Is it because you were caught lying about the card? 

Ummm, the focus of this thread was @HUNGRYBTMS asking about booking online or via a travel agent and some travel recommendations. I prefer using Amex (as my travel agent I supposed) and I think the point was established. I recommended using your credit card travel service if they have one as they can get you upgrades etc. which are not offered online typically. Sometimes, the credit cards may partner with an online portal, ie. TripAdvisor or Agoda provides their members with exclusive deals. 

Do your research online and see what is out there, then call or visit the travel agent, tell them what you have found online and see if they can up or match the offer you've found.

Edited by doncoin

Love. 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:15 PM, HUNGRYBTMS said:

3. If 7-14 days

4. 14-30 days ?

Any good reviews ?

Did you check any sites for travel booking? 

What travel locations are you looking at/ considering?

A) 3 - 7 days

B) 7 - 14 days

C) 14 - 30 days

Any comments?

Edited by singalion

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, singalion said:

Did you check any sites for travel booking? 

What travel locations are you looking at?

A) 3 - 7 days

B) 7 - 14 days

C) 14 - 30 days

Any comments?

TS started the thread by asking "Which is a good location to travel ..."?

And the response here was to throw him back with the question "What travel locations are you looking at"???

Seriously.... why can't someone just STFU if he has nothing better to say? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.