Male HQ

I've stopped Smiling

Guest Mr Smiley?

Guest Mr Smiley?

For a good reason.

When I am not smiling, people called me "Ah Boy" and I look like "Ah Boy"

but

When I smiled, my wrinkles came into full display and that "Ah Boy" look, dissappeared without a trace.

Am I the only one with such dilemma?

What would you have done?

I decided to stop smiling.

Guest Mr Smiley?
2 hours ago, GachiMuchi said:

Only those uncles & aunties with poor eyesight who cannot see your wrinkles will call you ah boy.

If you are already 30s or 40s, you still want people to call you boy?

Sure boh?

No leh.  Some of those uncles & aunties wear specs, can see clearly.   I feel shiok when people called me "Xiao Di",  "Ah Boy",  "Adik" in malay. 

8 hours ago, Guest Mr Smiley? said:

For a good reason.

When I am not smiling, people called me "Ah Boy" and I look like "Ah Boy"

but

When I smiled, my wrinkles came into full display and that "Ah Boy" look, dissappeared without a trace.

Am I the only one with such dilemma?

What would you have done?

I decided to stop smiling.

I also stopped smiling, for a different reason.  

I noticed that my good mother, who had a difficult life, when in social settings she displayed a forced smile to hide her not so happy feelings.  And when I was young, an insecure shy guy,  I also had a forced smile when among people to cover my lack of social skills.  Once a senior I have stopped the automatic smile, that create wrinkles and grow muscles around the mouth,  but I SMILE WITH MY EYES,  keeping the face well relaxed without being stern, with maybe a little smile coming out.  And it has been a while since people called me "Ah Boy", ha ha.

Guest Mr Smiley?
30 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

but I SMILE WITH MY EYES, 

How did a smiling eyes look like? I am aware of the way tigers grin with its eyes wide when they spot a rabbit. Eerie.

8 hours ago, Guest Mr Smiley? said:

How did a smiling eyes look like? I am aware of the way tigers grin with its eyes wide when they spot a rabbit. Eerie.

They say that the eyes are the window to the soul.  Angry eyes are semi closed together with frown brows.  Smiley eyes are wide open together with a friendly facial expression, maybe a semi-smile.

Guest Wide Eyes
On 3/26/2024 at 6:28 AM, Steve5380 said:

Smiley eyes are wide open together with a semi-smile.

You mean this, eyes wide opened, semi smile?

afafa

On 3/25/2024 at 5:30 PM, Guest Mr Smiley? said:

No leh.  Some of those uncles & aunties wear specs, can see clearly.   I feel shiok when people called me "Xiao Di",  "Ah Boy",  "Adik" in malay. 

It is always good to have a positive attitude and imagine things you wish to be.

It can also be in your age that your hearing got worse...

because Xiao Di can be easily have been "Ciao Dear",

Ah Boy actually "Avoid" and lastly

Adik namely What "a dick".

But it is good to only hear the good things... 🤣

Edited by singalion

Guest Annoyed
2 hours ago, singalion said:

It can also be in your age that your hearing got worse...

because Xiao Di can be easily have been "Ciao Dear",

Ah Boy actually "Avoid" and lastly

Adik namely What "a dick".

Are you fully aware that if you kept quiet, you wouldn't look so stupid.  Talking for the sake of feeling air space is absolutely annoying. 

On 3/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, Guest Guest said:

It is not even that I want to troll this guy.

Guest Guess
12 hours ago, singalion said:

But I better take a person with a nice smile and some wrinkles instead of a guy with a  grumpy  face...

I can't help but smile evilly when I think of you.

On 4/1/2024 at 3:03 AM, Guest Annoyed said:

Are you fully aware that if you kept quiet, you wouldn't look so stupid.  Talking for the sake of feeling air space is absolutely annoying. 

No wonder you feel Annoyed by some confusion of your senses.  

Feeling air space from a keyboard ??  He was NOT talking.  He was WRITING.    I would suggest something,  but...  mistaking writing for talking is serious!

Guest huh??????
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

No wonder you feel Annoyed by some confusion of your senses.  

Feeling air space from a keyboard ??  He was NOT talking.  He was WRITING.    I would suggest something,  but...  mistaking writing for talking is serious!

Writing is a form of talking.  Otherwise, how can you get yourself heard,  from Houstan to this place?  Huh???????

2 minutes ago, Guest huh?????? said:

Writing is a form of talking.  Otherwise, how can you get yourself heard,  from Houstan to this place?  Huh???????

I would get myself heard from Houston to SG if I call you on my phone.  But when you read my posts,  I get myself READ.

Are you Guest huh?????? the same guy as Guest Annoyed,  since you have the same confusion of senses?  

On 4/13/2024 at 11:35 PM, Mojohomme said:

inching 50 and still being called 小弟。

the more you see your recent photo, the more you realize.

Expectation-Reality-meme-3.jpg

traveling around Greater Jakarta

Traditional Massage

On 4/13/2024 at 11:35 AM, Mojohomme said:

inching 50 and still being called 小弟。

You must convey a youthful image, which is not uncommon in Asians inching 50.  At that age, I was not called anything but by my name.  This is fine in my culture. 

Guest AM Culture
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

You must convey a youthful image, which is not uncommon in Asians inching 50.  At that age, I was not called anything but by my name.  This is fine in my culture. 

Children called their parents by their name.  Ang Mo Culture, but rude in Asian perspective.

3 minutes ago, Guest AM Culture said:

Children called their parents by their name.  Ang Mo Culture, but rude in Asian perspective.

Not quite.  In Ang Moh culture,  children also call heir parents by "mom" and "dad". And "grandma" and "grandpa".   But among adults in general, we use our names.  Last name at work, and first name among acquaints and friends.

Guest Amazed
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Not quite.  In Ang Moh culture,  children also call heir parents by "mom" and "dad". And "grandma" and "grandpa".   But among adults in general, we use our names.  Last name at work, and first name among acquaints and friends.

Yeah, Ang Mo even gave names to their pet, like Kelly for Goldfish or Leo for Rabbit or Steve for a jumping spider?

Guest 69fun

Small face, sharp chin with Big eyes have youthful advantage. My eyes are larger than average and though I'm in my early 40s, many ppl still call me "xiao di" or ah boy.

Guest Xiao Di Di?
18 minutes ago, Guest 69fun said:

Small face, sharp chin with Big eyes , many ppl still call me "xiao di" or ah boy.

This sure fit into your mould,  like this one?

ufo-visitors-close-up-alien-invader_5358

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.