Male HQ

snacking on fruits etc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/12/2024 at 5:37 AM, egal said:

i like to snack and crave for chocolates and cookies all the time.

so i think fruits are healthier snacks as nibbles.

what other healthier snacking alternatives do u have?

Mostly a banana will do.

Certain Nuts are healthier also than any chips. Take the baked type and preferably unsalted.

(Almonds, pistachio, walnuts, Cashew, Macadamia, Hazelnuts)

Peanuts are not nuts but in moderation healthy also.

Most snacks like chips/biscuits/cookies contain too much fat, salt and sugar.

Once in a while it is ok, like every two months...

For sure fruits are always the healthier option, however, you need to look also at the general sugar intake.

Snacking must not be on fruits but also vegetable like carrots or celery. 

In most parts you just need to overcome your laziness in cutting fruits or vegetable.

Nowadays I  prefer to cut my own fruits because plenty of the fruit shops cut the fruits in the evening or night but sell them only the next day.

It doesn't take much time...

camel-roasted-grams-front.webp?v=1721113
These days, snacking on this. But only one to two handful each day. Take only one each time, taking my time to slowly munch one completely before I pop the next one. It’s an art of controlling one desires since it very addictive. So taking time, doing it one by one, is an art 🤭 😜 

14 hours ago, doncoin said:

@egal Fruit, cookies or chocolate, all contain sugar. While it is ok to snack on them moderately, if you have certain health/fitness goals, think of how they will impact you. 

On fruit sugar it depends on the balance.

People with diabetes all is different. But we are not doctors and don't know how to advise people having any health conditions.

The apple at the office is surely more beneficial and healthier than any Mars bar or munching on chocolate cookies.

Let's not forget that there is 30% portion of this, 30% portion of that etc table that shows you what to intake (preferably).

If you eat more fruits you just need to balance off any other sugars (leave sugar out of drinks, don't drink ready made teas with sugar, soft drinks, sweets, cakes  etc etc. )

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.