Male HQ

when do you wish or predict polling day to be?

Nope,  is Jul 2020 on the pretence that need to get it over so they can focus on handling the covid situation. April to Jun was the lock down. 

September 2024 possible because after the National Day celebration,  the "feel good" effect is still there. Dec also possible as everyone in holiday mood. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Guest

Most people are saying it will be in Sept.

Based on past election dates, it’s always at the start of the month and fall on a Fri so my guess is 6 or 13 Sept.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

Nope,  is Jul 2020 on the pretence that need to get it over so they can focus on handling the covid situation. April to Jun was the lock down. 

September 2024 possible because after the National Day celebration,  the "feel good" effect is still there. Dec also possible as everyone in holiday mood. 

Likely will be in Sep, like you said the 'feeling good' effect is still very fresh after NDP celebration. They always need to take advantage of such effect to get more people to support them.

I would think it will be near NDP, stir up whole NDP with patriotism and psycho indirectly that voting for the incumbent is patriotism 

it's the best and most opportune time

Prediction : Mid August 2024

I feels like September schools holidays

In fact those who work civil service or servant sectors should know soon. 

N we vote on Saturday. 

If u notice right if u vote u can see cute guys n abang too...so smell nice n wear something to show off that muscle n the bulge hehe call me weird but a turn on for me...love to purposely ask question to the cute ones....

That is why being extrovert pay off nicely haha 

10 minutes ago, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

I feels like September schools holidays

In fact those who work civil service or servant sectors should know soon. 

N we vote on Saturday. 

If u notice right if u vote u can see cute guys n abang too...so smell nice n wear something to show off that muscle n the bulge hehe call me weird but a turn on for me...love to purposely ask question to the cute ones....

That is why being extrovert pay off nicely haha 

but then it is 30 August or 7 Sep

the reason why i proposed a 6th Sep Fri

or 20th Aug is cos i prefer a direct PH on a Friday 

not rather have it on a  saturday n then claim off in lieu

anyway 6th is teachers' day, trust me usually Schools will be on half day on 5th with no class...after that will be a 1week school vacay

but 

why 7th?

10 hours ago, singalion said:

but then it is 30 August or 7 Sep

4 hours ago, QinWei said:

the reason why i proposed a 6th Sep Fri

or 20th Aug is cos i prefer a direct PH on a Friday 

not rather have it on a  saturday n then claim off in lieu

anyway 6th is teachers' day, trust me usually Schools will be on half day on 5th with no class...after that will be a 1week school vacay

but 

why 7th?

Because then don't need to give an extra holiday for election... 🤣

On 5/27/2024 at 11:04 PM, MasterFitMalaySG4U said:

wear something to show off that muscle n the bulge

I don't think you will get turned away from polling station even if you go in a stringer and tights. They will think you came to vote directly from gym

Guest Pride Me

Let celebrate gay pride day on national day to elevate the feel good effect for the country too.

Guest Guest pride
1 minute ago, Guest Pride Me said:

Let celebrate gay pride day on national day to elevate the feel good effect for the country too.

Think the religious people in singapore wont allow and protest and will get attention by doing so.

On 5/28/2024 at 3:15 PM, singalion said:

Because then don't need to give an extra holiday for election... 🤣

no if it falls on a sat-sun, it shall be declared as a PH and staff can claim off (full day)

Guest 1 day = 5 years

It is not about PH for one day.  It is about throwing your vote to the guy who will dictate your life for the next 5 years.  Which one more important to you?

7 hours ago, QinWei said:

no if it falls on a sat-sun, it shall be declared as a PH and staff can claim off (full day)

Not all have the entitlement to an extra day off when a public holiday falls on a Saturday. I guess for the majority won't receive any extra day off. 

MoM:

Currently when a public holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday will be, by law, a holiday. But if the public holiday falls on a Saturday, which is the rest day for many employees who work five-day weeks now, a day off-in-lieu is not mandatory.

Edited by singalion

1 hour ago, QinWei said:

the problem is alot already know the "ans"

all they want is the PH and the rest "doesnt matter"

Apart from the current oppsition wards, the only close fight and exciting one will be the west coast grc with TCB, hopefully with the corruption case,  TCB can stand a chance. Only worry is they decided to put the new PM there 🤣

Edited by Healing Therapy

Guest Exciting East
6 hours ago, mate69 said:

East Coast GRC

Yes, very closely watched town and almost every election the margin is narrow and narrower. Marine parade could fall because of tan chuan jin adultery  incident 

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20240530-3745787?ref=today-news-section-card-6

Maybe a bit rush to have it in Sept but also ideal as it give less time for opposition to prepare. If not this year, next possible date will be march during school holiday,  right after the budget day big angpao.

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Prophesy

Two possible scenario of when polling day will happen.

1)  After National Day rally, everyone wanted to know what the new Prime Minister can offer to the public during his speech.   Thereafter the entire govt mouthpiece mobilised to add icing to the speech until they decided it has done sufficient "selling" and election called in Oct/Nov 2024

2)  After Budget speech in Feb 2025.  It is called the "freebies rolling out" speech, both to be given to citizens and businessmen.  Then, the entire govt mouthpiece put to work again, praising the generousity of the government until the entire nation are "bought",  election will be called in April/May 2025.

Prior to the above eleciton period,  someone will be dragged  to court for the the mood.  Dirty game,  I know.

The above is my prediction. 

Watch this space to see my accuracy.

2 hours ago, Guest Prophesy said:

Two possible scenario of when polling day will happen.

1)  After National Day rally, everyone wanted to know what the new Prime Minister can offer to the public during his speech.   Thereafter the entire govt mouthpiece mobilised to add icing to the speech until they decided it has done sufficient "selling" and election called in Oct/Nov 2024

2)  After Budget speech in Feb 2025.  It is called the "freebies rolling out" speech, both to be given to citizens and businessmen.  Then, the entire govt mouthpiece put to work again, praising the generousity of the government until the entire nation are "bought",  election will be called in April/May 2025.

Prior to the above eleciton period,  someone will be dragged  to court for the the mood.  Dirty game,  I know.

The above is my prediction. 

Watch this space to see my accuracy.

Oct and Apr not likely as no school holiday,  usually they would use the school as a voting venue and teacher to help in the casting. 

The trial of opposition leader and Workers’ Party (WP) chief Pritam Singh is slated for October and November. Dec would be a good choice if they want people to have fresh memory of this incident. 

Guest guest
On 5/30/2024 at 11:57 AM, lonelyglobe said:

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/news/singapore/story20240530-3745787?ref=today-news-section-card-6

Maybe a bit rush to have it in Sept but also ideal as it give less time for opposition to prepare. If not this year, next possible date will be march during school holiday,  right after the budget day big angpao.

17 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Oct and Apr not likely as no school holiday,  usually they would use the school as a voting venue and teacher to help in the casting. 

The trial of opposition leader and Workers’ Party (WP) chief Pritam Singh is slated for October and November. Dec would be a good choice if they want people to have fresh memory of this incident

wa.. wat happen, tot u alway for opposition de.. y now u against opposition liao?

If you look at it. some elections the polling day was around 2 months after the boundaries report.

A September election is still possible.

But it could also be next year...

My personal guest is still at the end of the Sept School holidays.

Guest Rooted GRC
3 hours ago, QinWei said:

You are allowing your opponents too much time to prepare

Actually, the opposition can start preparing now regardless when election will be called.  No need to wait until last minute.  If they afraid of GRC boundary to be redrawn, they can start with safer town first, like AMK GRC, Bishan GRC,  Jurong West GRC,  East Coast GRC,  Tampines GRC,  Sembawang GRC...

they are and they have been 

41 minutes ago, Guest Rooted GRC said:

Actually, the opposition can start preparing now regardless when election will be called.  No need to wait until last minute.  If they afraid of GRC boundary to be redrawn, they can start with safer town first, like AMK GRC, Bishan GRC,  Jurong West GRC,  East Coast GRC,  Tampines GRC,  Sembawang GRC...

All are preparing NOW! yes, all!

but they won't wish to waste energy fighting a 3-corner fight

So? they need to know how craftily the Borders r redrawn first!!!  so that they wont send the wrong candidates to the wrong place and NO1 will vote for a person that is not even stationed there or seen by residents for a few months(at least)
no 2 parties would aim for a same piece of meat / land

and you might as well said the opp can start preparing whenever an election has ended! they do not have to wait for the "right" time.....However, 

the constant issue is : never on the opp! be it since Last Election 4 years , or 4 weeks, the issue is more of they have NO say, the issue has never been on them

it is on the one calling the shots, they are not so silly till they give their opponents time to "prepare"! 

4 hours ago, QinWei said:

allowing your opponents too much time to prepare

hence you knew except for covid years, it is always about 2months++ for polling when boundaries report are requested (isn't it obvious why is that so?)

On 6/5/2024 at 9:51 AM, QinWei said:

Good clue

Hence needed much careful planning

2020 was much longer becos of covid situation from boundaries report, needed careful planning

IMG_1745.jpeg

Friday then 

9 minutes ago, QinWei said:

hard to predict 

last 2 elections  -be it presidential or election (GE) : they are all Fridays

don’t mind Friday. Vote get 1 day holiday … I can go desaru with the boyfie afterwards

Has the committee to re-delineate electoral boundaries been formed? 

This is the most crucial step.  The work will take some time, and the recommendations have to be presented to the PM and endorsed by Parliament

Guest Lightning Speed
8 hours ago, Lookingood said:

Has the committee to re-delineate electoral boundaries been formed? 

This is the most crucial step.  The work will take some time, and the recommendations have to be presented to the PM and endorsed by Parliament

It will be swiftly done to let people catch off guard, for sure.  Nothing is impossible for them with entire mercenaries under their charge.  See how the speaker of parliament, tendered and next thing she became president before we put thought together.  How quick can that be?

12 hours ago, Guest Lightning Speed said:

It will be swiftly done to let people catch off guard, for sure.  Nothing is impossible for them with entire mercenaries under their charge.  

Yes i agree too

Posted (edited)

Anyway tan kinlian mentioned on his fb as many are speculating

“Many people speculated that the general election will be called in September 

PM Lawrence Wong gave this hint.  LW - Still a lot of work to be done domestically, externally.

My guess is that the general election will be called in December”

my guess is still nov ie the school holidays

dec too many festives and parents etc w kids are gone for holidays

and lawrence mentioned :

‘You can mark out the dates when I will be busy’: PM Wong on GE date

The first step on the road to an election is the formation of a committee to review electoral boundaries. In early June, the Elections Department said the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee (EBRC) had not been convened.

https://t.me/BizTimes/13792

Edited by QinWei

29 minutes ago, QinWei said:

Anyway tan kinlian mentioned on his fb as many are speculating

“Many people speculated that the general election will be called in September 2023. 

PM Lawrence Wong gave this hint.  LW - Still a lot of work to be done domestically, externally.

My guess is that the general election will be called in December 2023”

This guy still living in 2023?

Guest Happy Anti-Social

When it comes to politics, I am worn out.  These days, I don't think it matters when the election is held or what's going on in the world.  All I wanted was to live a modest life, take responsibility for my own health, avoid negative people, and avoid spending money on things I didn't need.  Read my lips  - I don't care!

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, QinWei said:

he said the next few mths, he will gradually visit each of the corners of Sg, is this a hint?

Good strategy, so that can win support from the ground. I guess the coming GE will have good result under his lead.

8 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Good strategy, so that can win support from the ground. I guess the coming GE will have good result under his lead.

Under whoever lead also will have good result,  it is the brand that sporean have grow up with and familiar with,  like when u want to go grocery shopping,  u will think of  NTUC.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Under whoever lead also will have good result,  it is the brand that sporean have grow up with and familiar with,  like when u want to go grocery shopping,  u will think of  NTUC.

Means they have successfully brainwashed people. 🙄

Guest False
2 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not exactly.  I think where I can get the cheapest deal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.