Male HQ

As a gay, do you feel like fighting the battle alone for some tasks?

Eg.

1. Limited choices as no spouse to combine income to buy a bigger flat?
  2. Financial planning different from straight friends
  3. ....

Guest More than meet the eyes
31 minutes ago, kidster said:

Eg.

3. ....

Single gay, what is the point of having bigger flat?  Pointless.

Financial planning,  what is the different between gay and straight people financial planning?  The latter do it for their children's future.  Gay do it for themselves.

Being Single (gay or straight), everything is a challenge.  The main stream media is now taking notice of the trend.

Does it help to look at it from an inferior perspective. 

You also have to see the advantages of being gay: 

E.g.:

1) no spouse that splurges on restaurants and fashion boutiques reducing the balance of your bank account.

2) no high costs for kid's school, university, tution

You need to weigh pros n cons... 

Guest When Curtain falls
7 minutes ago, singalion said:

Does it help to look at it from an inferior perspective. 

You also have to see the advantages of being gay: 

E.g.:

1) no spouse that splurges on restaurants and fashion boutiques reducing the balance of your bank account.

2) no high costs for kid's school, university, tution

You need to weigh pros n cons... 

Being single has its pro when young, the freedom to not thing about being old and enjoy partying for as long as your youth lasted.    As they gets older, they may start to develop many negative questions about getting old and alone.

2 hours ago, Guest When Curtain falls said:

Being single has its pro when young, the freedom to not thing about being old and enjoy partying for as long as your youth lasted.    As they gets older, they may start to develop many negative questions about getting old and alone.

Yours is a common thought.  Old and alone!  YUCK!  But there are many common misconceptions.

I am old-er and alone, and happy as I can be!  No one who disturbs my peace. No huge expenses. Still having family and acquaintances that give me some social life. Be positive and think about the advantages of being single without a wife and children.  Beyond work, you can dedicate your idle time exclusively to yourself:  to cultivate a healthy life, with plenty of know-how on good nutrition and plenty of exercise.  Beyond your expenses as a single guy, you can build up a capital that will make you financially independent in your senior years.  

3 hours ago, Guest More than meet the eyes said:

It is LESS than what meets the eye.  The lady who died in this video may not have any awareness of what happened after her last breath.  So this is absolutely irrelevant to her.   The fear of the hairy guy that his dead body may come apart is very primitive.  

Now a hurricane is approaching Houston. If in the next 24 or 48 hours something happens that ends my life,  like a tree falling on my home, hitting and killing me,  no one will notice it for a while.   But by the time someone does,  I will be already in Heaven for a good while, ha ha.   And I will get there with a bounty of 81 successful years.  :thumb:

Guest Watch it
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

It is LESS than what meets the eye.  The lady who died in this video may not have any awareness of what happened after her last breath.  So this is absolutely irrelevant to her.   The fear of the hairy guy that his dead body may come apart is very primitive.  

Now a hurricane is approaching Houston. If in the next 24 or 48 hours something happens that ends my life,  like a tree falling on my home, hitting and killing me,  no one will notice it for a while.   But by the time someone does,  I will be already in Heaven for a good while, ha ha.   And I will get there with a bounty of 81 successful years.  :thumb:

The video has part 2 too.  Watch the two parts before forming your opinion.

54 minutes ago, Guest Watch it said:

The video has part 2 too.  Watch the two parts before forming your opinion.

What in part 2 can change my opinion?  

Guest Guest
15 hours ago, Guest When Curtain falls said:

True, being single is good when young and healthy. As one get older and esp when health is failing, the person would afraid to being single and alone.

But even for people who got married, some might also ended up as alone when their spouse passed on or due to any reasons.

17 hours ago, Guest When Curtain falls said:

But mostly when you are young, you don't have the place to live your life as you might intend. Like having your own space.

On many threads touching the issue on feeling lonely, I recommended to build up a batch of good gay friends to avoid being alone at older age (in particular if you didn't catch a boyfriend at a certain age or when you face a break down of your relationship).

Growing old, you don't need to be alone!

Too many gay guys in Singapore just always go for the fun (sex) alternative but miss at the age above 30y to build a strong bunch of friends.

And with friends I am talking of real true friends.

In other parts of the word such as US or Europe there are also older gay guys who are not attached, but most of them have very close gay friends on hand and while enjoying being single still have sufficient distraction with their bunch of friends. Do things together, spend their leisure together...

And in my personal view, now after 377 was abolished, guys above 40s can truly come out to their family etc

This life style of living in the total closet doesn't benefit in finding friends and partners.

Guest Guest

Find real true friends in gay circle? Not easy lah. Although not say impossible. If you can find, count yourself lucky.

Guest Guess
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

True, being single is good when young and healthy. As one get older and esp when health is failing, the person would afraid to being single and alone.

But even for people who got married, some might also ended up as alone when their spouse passed on or due to any reasons.

So when going, don't

1) have unprotected casual sex with many men.

2) don't take drugs.

3) don't drink excessively.

Both young and old should exercise regularly and eat a balanced diet.

Sleep 8 hours a day.

6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Find real true friends in gay circle? Not easy lah. Although not say impossible. If you can find, count yourself lucky.

With such a negative approach you will fail.

I mean if you know from start it won't work but never tried.... good luck.

You need to do some efforts and maybe not just simply chase for sex on the apps or here...

Guest Guest
2 minutes ago, singalion said:

With such a negative approach you will fail.

I mean if you know from start it won't work but never tried.... good luck.

You need to do some efforts and maybe not just simply chase for sex on the apps or here...

What if the person has tried but still failed, then how? Still persistent and keep trying?

7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What if the person has tried but still failed, then how? Still persistent and keep trying?

Not all people are made  for finding good friends, if you are socially awkward or having bad character features, probably you won't find good friends.

My point was on giving up or coming with hurdles even before you made any sincere attempt.

11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Have you heard of the method of building muscle by doing sets "to failure" ?  Failure does not need to be something negative. 

Guest Yes, you keep swimming
17 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

On 7/7/2024 at 10:14 AM, kidster said:

Eg.

3. ....

You can look at life negatively or positively. The choice is up to you. 

You may not have a spouse to buy a bigger flat, but it doesn't mean you cannot find a partner whom you can live together with in a 1 bedroom flat. 

You may not have kids, but that also frees you up to do things friends with kids cannot do, as you will have more financial freedom. 

Love. 

Guest Too small
8 hours ago, doncoin said:

find a partner whom you can live together with in a 1 bedroom flat. 

That will be too squeezy and tight.  At least need 2 bed rooms, just in case one fall ills and you didn't want to be infected by the other party.  Kitchen will also not able to accomodate two persons moving around, and one toilet may not be sufficient if two persons need to use it urgently.   I still suggest, if gay can afford a 3-room resale flat, then don't hesistate to get one for the flexibility of space to accomodate more than one person.  If you insist on staying 2-room BTO (which is cheaper), than better live alone and then find your partner who also live alone in the 2-room BTO.   Just don't squeeze into a tiny flat.  Sometimes fight or argument surface because of insufficient space.

Guest Guest
32 minutes ago, Guest Too small said:

That will be too squeezy and tight.  At least need 2 bed rooms, just in case one fall ills and you didn't want to be infected by the other party.  Kitchen will also not able to accomodate two persons moving around, and one toilet may not be sufficient if two persons need to use it urgently.   I still suggest, if gay can afford a 3-room resale flat, then don't hesistate to get one for the flexibility of space to accomodate more than one person.  If you insist on staying 2-room BTO (which is cheaper), than better live alone and then find your partner who also live alone in the 2-room BTO.   Just don't squeeze into a tiny flat.  Sometimes fight or argument surface because of insufficient space.

Agreed, whether you are buying a 2 rm HDB or a 1 bedder condo, i don't find it is practical even for 1 person to stay. Min must be a decent 2 bedroom flat, HDB or private. Worst if 2 persons stay in a 1 bedder house, really tight and lack of movable and breathing space. Even though some people might like it, cause more cosy and closer to each other. Like you said, if one person falls ills, 1 bedroom house really nowhere to run. And 1 toilet is not enough for 2 persons, esp what if one person got LS.

However, i noticed the demand for 2 rm HDB demand still very strong for singles. Wondering it is many singles cannot afford to buy a resale flat, or they do not want to have long term commitment on the flat, as buying a 2 rm BTO can full paid the house immediately due to price is not ex, rather than buying a 3 rm resale, need to pay for house loan for 20 years.

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, doncoin said:

You can look at life negatively or positively. The choice is up to you. 

You may not have a spouse to buy a bigger flat, but it doesn't mean you cannot find a partner whom you can live together with in a 1 bedroom flat. 

You may not have kids, but that also frees you up to do things friends with kids cannot do, as you will have more financial freedom. 

True, no spouse to buy a bigger flat is ok, but one can afford to buy and own a flat is good enough. No need say must stay in big flat then feel happy. As i do not like kids, so doesn't matter to me even i am straight, i also would not have kids.

Guest Mixture
2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

However, i noticed the demand for 2 rm HDB demand still very strong for singles. Wondering it is many singles cannot afford to buy a resale flat,

The number of people not wanting to get married has increased tremendously, and some not earning a lot,  thus 2-room BTO applications also has increased.  Don't forget many 2-room BTO were meant for short-lease to cater for elderly willing to downsize.  So, the demand to build more 2-room BTO by HDB has increased.  If you are staying in your 99-year lease 2-room BTO, your next door neighbour may be on their 40 to 35 years lease and will become a norm in all 2-room HDB flats.    This is unlikely to happen in 3-room resale flat where everyone lease period is the same.

Guest Guest
20 minutes ago, Guest Mixture said:

The number of people not wanting to get married has increased tremendously, and some not earning a lot,  thus 2-room BTO applications also has increased.  Don't forget many 2-room BTO were meant for short-lease to cater for elderly willing to downsize.  So, the demand to build more 2-room BTO by HDB has increased.  If you are staying in your 99-year lease 2-room BTO, your next door neighbour may be on their 40 to 35 years lease and will become a norm in all 2-room HDB flats.    This is unlikely to happen in 3-room resale flat where everyone lease period is the same.

Eversince HDB has opened up for singles to buy 2 rm BTO flat back in 2013, the demand has been quite strong since then until now, don't think got drop. This is why i wonder is there really so many singles out there, or many singles out there not earning a lot or due to what reasons?

But i noticed many of these 2 rm flat in those BTO blk, quite a few of them are on rental, seems like many singles buy and use them to generate rental after MOP. Or they don't even stay in the house much at all during the MOP period.

Guest Guess

I know this person who lives in point block in Queenstown with partner. They opened out the whole apartment. So the living, dining and bed area are all one big place.

The toilet/shower is glass enclosed in the kitchen.

They keep pet snakes. 

Very nice open feel with naked men picture in the bed area. 🙂😛

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest Guess said:

I know this person who lives in point block in Queenstown with partner. They opened out the whole apartment. So the living, dining and bed area are all one big place.

They keep pet snakes. 

😅

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, auscent said:

Look positively: the freedom to explore more options. The title could well be "...enjoying it all alone for some tasks"

Really depend on individually how he see it. Alone can be positively and yet alone can become negatively, just a thin line.

On 7/10/2024 at 12:10 PM, Guest Guess said:

They keep pet snakes. 

Pet snakes. That’s my only takeaway from this message. 

Pet snakes!!! 

On 7/10/2024 at 12:10 PM, Guest Guess said:

They keep pet snakes. 

i didn't even know we allowed pet snakes in SG

Guest guest

Surely feel like fighting the battle alone for some tasks, esp when you fall sick and alone. Need to take care of yourself when you are very sick is not easy and fun.

Guest Guess
17 hours ago, Blogger Adam said:

Pet snakes. That’s my only takeaway from this message. 

Pet snakes!!! 

15 hours ago, bigboyclubsg said:

i didn't even know we allowed pet snakes in SG

Small green ones. About a few inches. He took it out of the glass tank to play with it. 😜

On 7/14/2024 at 2:54 AM, Guest guest said:

Surely feel like fighting the battle alone for some tasks, esp when you fall sick and alone. Need to take care of yourself when you are very sick is not easy and fun.

Need to take care of yourself when you are healthy so that you never get very sick.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.