Male HQ

Do Ang Moh frequent Keybox? How to get them? They seems to reject everybody?

Guest how

5 hours ago, singalion said:

Sorry, but Locals also reject other locals, if they think the other is not fit or sexy.

From my experience in South East Asia, Singaporeans are the ones with most over-demanding requirements into looks, body shape and everything else.

Guess why so many are standing around at the corridors but never match with anyone else...

Further, Ang Mohs and Asians have totally different ideas what type of Asian looks they consider as hot.

You maybe find one Asian looks very hot and attractive but the Ang Moh will find his face ugly...

The reason Singaporeans don't anyhow hookup, it's because most Singaporeans are slow to warm up and many are brought up not to anyhow talk to stanger and some have OCD and some worried about catching diseases.

From my experience, Pinoys are friendly and easy and will just hookup with anyone. They are versatile which is why they makes best service personnels.

Guest Tobasco
1 hour ago, GachiMuchi said:

The reason Singaporeans don't anyhow hookup, it's because most Singaporeans are slow to warm up and many are brought up not to anyhow talk to stanger and some have OCD and some worried about catching diseases.

It is the Ms Singapore syndrome.  Many tends to think very highly of themselves in the department of desirability, but in actual fact, are simply mediocre.

Simply poor in cruising skills as many are brought up not emphasizing on social skills, and with a lack of EQ, many would just stand that and hope for the hunk to approach them.

Guest sotong

i thought there is a saying about local men... something about prawn...

nice body, cmi face? is it true?

1 hour ago, Guest Tobasco said:

It is the Ms Singapore syndrome.  Many tends to think very highly of themselves in the department of desirability, but in actual fact, are simply mediocre.

Simply poor in cruising skills as many are brought up not emphasizing on social skills, and with a lack of EQ, many would just stand that and hope for the hunk to approach them.

Exactly this

Guest Represented wrongly?
4 hours ago, Guest sotong said:

i thought there is a saying about local men... something about prawn...

nice body, cmi face? is it true?

And why is that so? Could that judgement be applied only to those who are more active on the social media and party scene?

Guest Spirit of trying
6 hours ago, Guest Tobasco said:

Many local gays have the buay hiao bai-ness of local pageant contestants?

😂 

Local gays' mentality affected by the local pageant syndrome?

10 hours ago, Guest Spirit of trying said:

😂

Local gays' mentality affected by the local pageant syndrome?

Ha ha. 

Most Locals just need an overseas trip to neighbouring countries... then they realise quickly that something with their self assessment seems wrong.... 🤣

Edited by singalion

Once mother nature has made us,  all we can do is to improve on what is already there.  And there can be a lot to improve on,  with good nutrition, exercise, stress control, mental cultivation of self-esteem, friendliness, kindness.  If we do this, there are few reasons for failure, and we may fit in any gay sauna everywhere.

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Once mother nature has made us,  all we can do is to improve on what is already there.  And there can be a lot to improve on,  with good nutrition, exercise, stress control, mental cultivation of self-esteem, friendliness, kindness.  If we do this, there are few reasons for failure, and we may fit in any gay sauna everywhere.

I can understand that some first timers are a bit shy.

But the set up of any sauna with dark mazes is made up that there is no failure, even for ugly guys. 😂

It just depends on timing for others and not to be overly picky. Same as for a relationship, there is never any 100% match.

If the basics are ok, then ...

Actually, I don't think Ang Mohs are very choosy in any Asian gay sauna. Mostly they have time constraints and visitors don't want to spend hours in a sauna.

For the TS I just think that something wasn't right with him.

As a local don't be too pushy. It is like when you are at a beach and guys try to make you sit at a certain restaurant, you naturally will hesitate because you don't like to be pushed to something but make your own choice. Same in the sauna.

Just learn how to approach Ang Mohs.

9 hours ago, singalion said:

Actually, I don't think Ang Mohs are very choosy in any Asian gay sauna. Mostly they have time constraints and visitors don't want to spend hours in a sauna.

I agree.  There seems to be such a difference between bodies of Ang Mohs and Asians, ( I vote for Asians ), that this is the primary attraction for visitors who are already tired of unattractive white gays ( the majority, ha ha ).

12 hours ago, singalion said:

Ha ha. 

Most Locals just need an overseas trip to neighbouring countries... then they realise quickly that something with their self assessment seems wrong.... 🤣

YES.  They may realize that there are very attractive Asians outside of Singapore, some with slight ethnic differences and skin color shades.  We Ang Mohs are grateful that they exist in so many places in Asia... :) 

Guest Wtf
17 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

so rather than just typing rubbish, why don’t you go to a sauna in Singapore and tell us how you get on? 

Guest Wtf
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I agree.  There seems to be such a difference between bodies of Ang Mohs and Asians, ( I vote for Asians ), that this is the primary attraction for visitors who are already tired of unattractive white gays ( the majority, ha ha ).

you need to stop stereotyping.

Guest That bad?
21 hours ago, singalion said:

Ha ha. 

You really think so? You ever gotten out and walked around in Singapore? Lol 

4 hours ago, Guest Wtf said:

so rather than just typing rubbish, why don’t you go to a sauna in Singapore and tell us how you get on? 

Ha ha ha... I have gone so many times to Singapore saunas.  And I "got on" very well.  :) 

4 hours ago, Guest Wtf said:

you need to stop stereotyping.

WHY??  Isn't much of the BW conversation stereotyping?  Attractive vs. unattractive.  Man vs. woman. Young vs. old.  Top vs. bottom...  

Guest They've Choosen
On 7/29/2024 at 8:21 PM, Guest Tobasco said:

Trying to fit sanctimony into the real world is not practical.  We can adopt a philosophical stance and tailor our beliefs to suit a particular moral code, which will lead to the stigmatization of the gay community as a whole.  

Let's not deceive ourselves, though; you can judge other people while also referring to yourself, in bigger picture this is normal and not meant to offend.    No one is flawless, or else every gay person would have a lifelong partner, and worry solved.   

That being said, every nation has its own culture, and Singaporeans are no exception. For this reason, we are able to entice people of other nationalities to our sauna just as we were enticed to saunas in other nations, which  created the mixed and matched platform for us to choose, and nothing wrong for being choosy unless you are stranded in a remote island with one one person for the rest of your life.  

The idea is that, despite upbringing in the family or attitudes shaped by society, there is always room for everyone of different shape and form, types, good or bad, genuine or fake...etc.   They shape their journey, ultimately their destiny,  through their own choosing.   Give this people their space and stop being harsh if you are not their option.

11 hours ago, Guest That bad? said:

You really think so? You ever gotten out and walked around in Singapore? Lol 

Do you think other South East Asians in the surrounding countries do not talk and share what impression they have from Singaporeans?

Have you ever stepped outside of Singapore?

Surely, there are also humble Singaporeans who have a realistic "down to earth" attitude , know who they are and what looks they have.

By the way it was a local who wrote this:

On 7/30/2024 at 2:38 AM, Guest Spirit of trying said:

Guest That bad?
1 hour ago, singalion said:

Do you think other South East Asians in the surrounding countries do not talk and share what impression they have from Singaporeans?

Surely, there are also humble Singaporeans who have a realistic "down to earth" attitude , know who they are and what looks they have.

That second quote was a question.

You mean you often heard from other South East Asians that Singaporeans think too highly of their own looks?

People would actually say that to you?

Guest That bad?
1 hour ago, singalion said:

You also think Singaporeans fare badly in the looks department? You talking about in general or gay population?

3 minutes ago, Guest That bad? said:

You also think Singaporeans fare badly in the looks department? You talking about in general or gay population?

I never said that. I wouldn't generalise easily like this.

People were commenting earlier that plenty of Singaporeans think they have good looks or think highly of their looks but it doesn't match reality.

Maybe the amount of such persons is higher in Singapore than in other parts in SEA.

If you compare Singapore with Malaysia, there is not much difference in looks (either ethnic) to Singaporeans. But probably when it comes to attitude?

Surely there are hot Singaporeans here also, in general and in the gay population.

13 minutes ago, Guest That bad? said:

That second quote was a question.

You mean you often heard from other South East Asians that Singaporeans think too highly of their own looks?

People would actually say that to you?

6 minutes ago, Guest That bad? said:

Please...  why this insecurity?  You need answers to these questions?  Just take @singalion's writings as one person's opinion,  which does not need to coincide with yours. Yours should be that Singaporeans are the nicest and most beautiful gays.  :) 

Guest Bob
2 hours ago, Guest They've Choosen said:

Trying to fit sanctimony into the real world is not practical.  We can adopt a philosophical stance and tailor our beliefs to suit a particular moral code, which will lead to the stigmatization of the gay community as a whole.  

Let's not deceive ourselves, though; you can judge other people while also referring to yourself, in bigger picture this is normal and not meant to offend.    No one is flawless, or else every gay person would have a lifelong partner, and worry solved.   

That being said, every nation has its own culture, and Singaporeans are no exception. For this reason, we are able to entice people of other nationalities to our sauna just as we were enticed to saunas in other nations, which  created the mixed and matched platform for us to choose, and nothing wrong for being choosy unless you are stranded in a remote island with one one person for the rest of your life.  

The idea is that, despite upbringing in the family or attitudes shaped by society, there is always room for everyone of different shape and form, types, good or bad, genuine or fake...etc.   They shape their journey, ultimately their destiny,  through their own choosing.   Give this people their space and stop being harsh if you are not their option.

The crude fact is, as much as it has been generalised, Singaporeans as a people (str8, gay, young old, professionals, blue-collared, etc), are generally disliked by others in the region.

Why so? It is the display of arrogance through behaviours, words uttered, or even that haughty glance.  Intentionally or otherwise.

You can explain till end of world why Singaporeans are so - cultural difference, poor upbringing, zero EQ, strong SGD but 3rd world mentality, strong gov but silly citizens, etc etc.

The stereotypical description by others of a Singaporean rarely sound adoring.  We hardly hear people say Singaporeans are romantic (like the French), socially well-behaved (like the Japanese).  The most common words to describe Singaporeans which one may have heard often is 'arrogant', 'naive'.

Before someone accuses me of bashing Singaporeans, I am a Singaporean myself.  I am merely sharing the perception of what others think of a typical Singaporean, and to be specific on the sauna goers, whatever the description one uses, it will hardly be flattering.

Guest That bad?
3 hours ago, singalion said:

I never said that. I wouldn't generalise easily like this.

People were commenting earlier that plenty of Singaporeans think they have good looks or think highly of their looks but it doesn't match reality.

Maybe the amount of such persons is higher in Singapore than in other parts in SEA.

If you compare Singapore with Malaysia, there is not much difference in looks (either ethnic) to Singaporeans. But probably when it comes to attitude?

Surely there are hot Singaporeans here also, in general and in the gay population.

I think Malaysian Malays are clearly so much hotter than Singaporean Malays. They got the whole package there: looks, body, swag, well-groomed and dress really well 👌 

But there are some really hot Malays in Singapore as well, of cos. They just dress more casually here. Haha.... otherwise they will be gorgeous too like the Malaysian Malays 

I think Singaporean Chinese are more cosmopolitan looking, have better and sharper facial features and hotter body than Malaysian Chinese, who have meatier noses, poorer complexion and thinner ... generally.

Hope I don't get bashed.

3 hours ago, Guest Bob said:

The crude fact is, as much as it has been generalised, Singaporeans as a people (str8, gay, young old, professionals, blue-collared, etc), are generally disliked by others in the region.

Why so? It is the display of arrogance through behaviours, words uttered, or even that haughty glance.  Intentionally or otherwise.

You can explain till end of world why Singaporeans are so - cultural difference, poor upbringing, zero EQ, strong SGD but 3rd world mentality, strong gov but silly citizens, etc etc.

The stereotypical description by others of a Singaporean rarely sound adoring.  We hardly hear people say Singaporeans are romantic (like the French), socially well-behaved (like the Japanese).  The most common words to describe Singaporeans which one may have heard often is 'arrogant', 'naive'.

Before someone accuses me of bashing Singaporeans, I am a Singaporean myself.  I am merely sharing the perception of what others think of a typical Singaporean, and to be specific on the sauna goers, whatever the description one uses, it will hardly be flattering.

Well observed. 

Unfortunately, the Singlish contributes to bad images of Singaporeans in SEA countries as this dialect always sounds a bit rude to other parties. The sound , the gun shot type of short sentences or just a few words, ... On dating apps it surely doesn't have much appeal. 

Pic where?

Now meet?

Stay Where? 

Look for?

Searching?

41 minutes ago, Guest That bad? said:

I think Malaysian Malays are clearly so much hotter than Singaporean Malays. They got the whole package there: looks, body, swag, well-groomed and dress really well 👌 

But there are some really hot Malays in Singapore as well, of cos. They just dress more casually here. Haha.... otherwise they will be gorgeous too like the Malaysian Malays 

I think Singaporean Chinese are more cosmopolitan looking, have better and sharper facial features and hotter body than Malaysian Chinese, who have meatier noses, poorer complexion and thinner ... generally.

Hope I don't get bashed.

Nobody would bash you. 

Don't you think Singaporean Malays dress much better compared to Malaysian Malays? 

I wouldn't concur on the Chinese. Ok, plenty of Malaysian Chinese tend to be a bit chub, but these are mostly straight guys, but looks wise, I don't think there are many differences. Maybe guys in Singapore frequent gyms much more than those in Malaysia. Younger Singaporeans seem to be much taller compared to Malaysian. 

The point in Singapore is also that nowadays quite a number are direct descendants of Mainland Chinese. 

It's just personal observations.

As an Ang Moh who is about to visit SG I am looking forward to visiting your saunas I am especially looking forward to hooking up with you Asian guys. I frequent saunas in London and often attract Asian clientele there who seem to enjoy me. I am not young or fit, being an old chubby sub bottom, so more worried about being rejected by you all. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say lol.

On 7/31/2024 at 1:36 PM, HubertBB said:

As an Ang Moh who is about to visit SG I am looking forward to visiting your saunas I am especially looking forward to hooking up with you Asian guys. I frequent saunas in London and often attract Asian clientele there who seem to enjoy me. I am not young or fit, being an old chubby sub bottom, so more worried about being rejected by you all. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say lol.

Hubert, keep up your self-confidence and don't feel intimidated.   I am also an Ang Moh who started to visit the SG gay saunas at 62.  Not young, although somewhat fit.  Your good character can defeat any local snobbishness, and no matter what you read, interesting Ang Mohs, chubby or not, are welcomed.

On 7/31/2024 at 8:45 AM, Guest Bob said:

Honesty beats patriotism.  And I think that you are correct.   But any arrogance is defeated by self-esteem,  so if we have cultivated this love for ourselves, we won't mind if the love by others is a little more difficult to obtain.  So i will make the following suggestion:

A visit of the Singapore gay scene by a foreigner can be a good gauge of how well we hold our own persona.  If we get affected by any perceived cold shoulders,  we get a hint that we need to work further on our self-esteem, and then return after some time for another test,  ha ha.   I visited SG many times, so now I have such a thick skin that nothing penetrates,  not even in this gay forum where some try so hard.  :lol:

On 7/31/2024 at 12:24 PM, singalion said:

Unfortunately, the Singlish contributes to bad images of Singaporeans in SEA countries as this dialect always sounds a bit rude to other parties. The sound , the gun shot type of short sentences or just a few words, ... On dating apps it surely doesn't have much appeal. 

Pic where?

Now meet?

Stay Where? 

Look for?

Searching?

You made some good observations.  Again, a positive state of mind can compensate for all this. I find Singlish cute  (  maybe because I hear it mostly from cute guys? ), and the short sentences are fine as long as they convey their meaning.  What I dislike are the ABBREVIATIONS with obscure meanings,  which I often miss.  How can a foreigner know what a RXW, a TBP, a GST, a MMB, an XYZ mean in Singapore?  

On 8/5/2024 at 2:23 AM, Steve5380 said:

Hubert, keep up your self-confidence and don't feel intimidated.   I am also an Ang Moh who started to visit the SG gay saunas at 62.  Not young, although somewhat fit.  Your good character can defeat any local snobbishness, and no matter what you read, interesting Ang Mohs, chubby or not, are welcomed.

On 8/1/2024 at 2:36 AM, HubertBB said:

being an old chubby sub bottom, so more worried about being rejected by you all

Exactly!

Spread your legs or go onto all of your fours and take it as a man.

I m surprised you have these worries.

Don't have some gay friends around your age who told you all the raunchy stories from their Asia visits?

But to be honest, the locals in Singapore might be a bit snob and pickier than in other countries in SEA.

However, I am very very sure you won't leave "empty handed"...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.