Male HQ

Too much washing (with soap or shower gel) may cause Balanitis

Guest Systema

Guest Systema
10 hours ago, Guest Listerine said:

Dear all, please use the mouthwash at the lockers. Some of you smell so bad, the asses I ate smell better than your bacteria laden mouth. Wash your mouths, ffs.

Yeah agree. And some guys don’t wash (and with soap) their dicks after they peed. 

3 hours ago, Guest Systema said:

Yeah agree. And some guys don’t wash (and with soap) their dicks after they peed. 

But that is not only in Sauna, it occurs in everyday everywhere all at once...

In a sauna it should not happen, if you come from work then probably you take a shower first.

Too much washing (with soap or shower gel) might not be advantageous also as too much may cause Balanitis.

But surely, in the sauna setting guys should clean up before heading to the action areas, after any action of any kind...

Guest Smart Alec
On 8/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, singalion said:

In a sauna it should not happen, if you come from work then probably you take a shower first.

Too much washing (with soap or shower gel) might not be advantageous also as too much may cause Balanitis.

But surely, in the sauna setting guys should clean up before heading to the action areas, after any action of any kind...

Wtf...Balantis is caused by inadequate personal hygiene not too much washing...
No need for smart alec comments if nothing constructive to add

Unfortunately, you are wrong and my previous comment was completely correct:

1)

What to Know About Balanitis

Improper hygiene can mean not washing well enough, but it can also mean over-washing, which can both cause irritation and swelling. Not rinsing all of the soap from the area after showering or using products that contain irritants like perfumes and dyes can also cause this.

https://www.healthline.com/health/balanitis

2)

Balanitis fact sheet

How do you get it?

Causes can include:

• overuse of soaps

https://www.mshc.org.au/sexual-health/sexual-health-fact-sheets/balanitis-fact-sheet

3)

All You Need To Know About Balanitis

Balanitis can also be caused by the following factors:

Over-washing – The excessive use of bath gels and soaps. The chemicals can cause irritation and dryness.

https://www.drbenmedical.sg/balanitis-treatment-singapore/

There is no need for trolling comments in particular from those who don't sufficiently know the background!

On 8/11/2024 at 8:49 AM, Guest Listerine said:

Dear all, please use the mouthwash at the lockers. Some of you smell so bad, the asses I ate smell better than your bacteria laden mouth. Wash your mouths, ffs.

WARNING:  The use of mouthwashes, most of them including alcohol, should be AVOIDED.  The alcohol in these mouthwashes KILL the mouth microbiome, the collection of good and also some bad bacteria that live in our mouth, around teeth, gums, tongue, etc.  THEY ARE THERE FOR A PURPOSE.  If concerned about bacteria, do periodically the OIL PULLING, the ancient Ayurveda practice that removes harmful bacteria from around the teeth and gums.  And if you are also conscious do some TONGUE SCRAPPING as well.

Edited by Steve5380

On 8/11/2024 at 11:09 PM, singalion said:

Ah... the burdens of civilization!   Excessive washing of our bodies!  Let's remember that bacteria cover all our body and all its entries, including mouth, nose, eyes, ears, and... and our intestines.  Yes, our intestines are "exterior" turned around from the inside, ha ha.  We have to CONVIVE with all our bacteria that surround us.

Even in hot Singapore, there should be no reason to shower more than once a day.  And wash with good old SOAP,  not fancy gels or other stuff except maybe some emollient soap. Ah... and there is no reason on earth that we should wash our cock each time we pee!

In not so hot Houston I shower only a couple of times a week,  I wash every night my face with cold water, no soap, and I am surviving for over 8 decades!  I never feel "dirty", and people are NOT avoiding me for smelling bad  (  no matter what some guests say ). :lol:

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Shower Immediately

Don't want any fungus, virus or bacteria skin infection to take hold and spread to you after sexual contacts?

Shower immediately after sexual contacts with antiseptic AND anti bacterial soap.

Guest Shower Immediately

Don't wait until the next morning to shower, it will be too late.

Those nasties just takes a couple of hours to take hold and spread to you on your skin surface.

29 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Even in hot Singapore, there should be no reason to shower more than once a day.  And wash with good old SOAP,  not fancy gels or other stuff except maybe some emollient soap. Ah... and there is no reason on earth that we should wash our cock each time we pee!

But Temperatures are hotter in recent years. 

I don't think it's an issue to shower in the morning but just rinse with cold water once you reach home or before sleep. 

Unfortunately, many Singaporeans use these very aggressive shower gels... Dettol, Dove, Livebuoy, Shokobutsu etc. 

There are also soaps in the market without the aggressive "soap" ingedients and don't cost a fortune...

Guest Try and see

Buy from pharmacy antiseptic antibacterial soap for skin inflammation. Buy also moisturising Aloe Vera gel with enhanced antiseptic and antibacterial properties to apply on rashes.

Guest No chemical
40 minutes ago, singalion said:

I don't think it's an issue to shower in the morning but just rinse with cold water once you reach home or before sleep. 

Unfortunately, many Singaporeans use these very aggressive shower gels... Dettol, Dove, Livebuoy, Shokobutsu etc. 

There are also soaps in the market without the aggressive "soap" ingedients and don't cost a fortune...

Yes Cetaphil and Castile soaps (for the latter choose fragrance free version for sensitive or Inflamed skin).

Ditch those harsh chemical soaps already.

1 hour ago, Guest Try and see said:

Buy from pharmacy antiseptic antibacterial soap for skin inflammation. Buy also moisturising Aloe Vera gel with enhanced antiseptic and antibacterial properties to apply on rashes.

You should not have skin rashes.  You know where they are coming from?  Rashes aside,  "antibacterial" soap does not make any sense.  Bacteria covers us everywhere.

2 hours ago, singalion said:

A quick rinse with cold water is an excellent idea.  I like to end all my showers with cold water.  I don't know how the water supply is in SG,  but here in Houston now in summer it is difficult to get COLD water, especially when the piping runs through the hot attic.  But it is already good to get COOL water, ha ha.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Ah... the burdens of civilization!   Excessive washing of our bodies!  Let's remember that bacteria cover all our body and all its entries, including mouth, nose, eyes, ears, and... and our intestines.  Yes, our intestines are "exterior" turned around from the inside, ha ha.  We have to CONVIVE with all our bacteria that surround us.

In not so hot Houston I shower only a couple of times a week,  I wash every night my face with cold water, no soap, and I am surviving for over 8 decades!  I never feel "dirty", and people are NOT avoiding me for smelling bad  (  no matter what some guests say ). :lol:

surprise ... surprise...and of course the Dirty Old Man has to come into such a topic to give all of us a lecture on "excessive washing of our bodies". What a surprise! 

OH! Dove - well-known to be suitable for babies' skin - is a "very aggressive shower gel"???  

surprise ... surprise...and of course someone has to come into such a topic to tell us all lies about "very aggressive shower gels" ! What a surprise! 

3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

surprise ... surprise...and of course the Dirty Old Man has to come into such a topic to give all of us a lecture on "excessive washing of our bodies". What a surprise! 

OH! Dove - well-known to be suitable for babies' skin - is a "very aggressive shower gel"???  

surprise ... surprise...and of course someone has to come into such a topic to tell us all lies about "very aggressive shower gels" ! What a surprise! 

Haven't you realized that washing makes the skin dry by removing some of its oils?  You should also realize that something similar can happen with our mind.  Instead of washing, malevolence also removes the beneficial oils of convivence and kindness towards others.  You mind runs the risk of getting horribly wrinkled and old from all your posts as "guest".  You should abandon such negativity,  and start posting positive and useful material.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

You should not have skin rashes.  You know where they are coming from?  Rashes aside,  "antibacterial" soap does not make any sense.  Bacteria covers us everywhere.

Could be from virus or fungus too.

Anti bacterial does help lower inflammation when there is inflammation caused by fungus or virus infection of the skin.

Guest Try and see
49 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Haven't you realized that washing makes the skin dry by removing some of its oils?  You should also realize that something similar can happen with our mind.  Instead of washing, malevolence also removes the beneficial oils of convivence and kindness towards others.  You mind runs the risk of getting horribly wrinkled and old from all your posts as "guest".  You should abandon such negativity,  and start posting positive and useful material.

You are very right.

Harsh chemical soaps remove skin's natural sebum barrier which protects the skin from becoming sensitive and prone to rashes. 

Even fragrance oils in soaps can cause reactions in dry sensitive skin.

So it's better to use chemical free and fragrance free soaps like Cetaphil and unscented Castile soaps for sensitive skin or inflamed skin. 

Use an unscented aloe vera gel base mosuturiser after washing on those rashes, sensitive or inflamed skin.

Guest Try and see

Harsh chemical soaps --> dry skin --> sensitive skin --> virus, bacterial, fungal and other skin rashes --> inflammation 

Fragrance oils and essential oils in soaps --> skin rashes --> inflammation 

4 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Harsh chemical soaps --> dry skin --> sensitive skin --> virus, bacterial, fungal and other skin rashes --> inflammation 

Fragrance oils and essential oils in soaps --> skin rashes --> inflammation 

You are very right.  How about taking showers with water,  cold water only?    The cold is a healthy stimulus.  Do other animals besides humans who wash themselves use soaps, essential oils, fragrance oils?    I will try this "cold water only", and see if I stay clean and survive! 

Guest Heard Sayings

To kill mouth odour one must avoid eating too much sweet stuff.  Mouth wash will also open up wounds in your mouth and pose danger during "oral activities". 

5 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

You are very right.

Harsh chemical soaps remove skin's natural sebum barrier which protects the skin from becoming sensitive and prone to rashes. 

Even fragrance oils in soaps can cause reactions in dry sensitive skin.

So it's better to use chemical free and fragrance free soaps like Cetaphil and unscented Castile soaps for sensitive skin or inflamed skin. 

Use an unscented aloe vera gel base mosuturiser after washing on those rashes, sensitive or inflamed skin.

The Cetaphil is a bit overpriced in my view. It might be helpful for those suffering neurodermatitis and ekzema .

There is a range from Germany and France which is cheaper (but also overpriced in Singapore drug stores. Maybe online platforms offer alternatives in pricing. 

10 hours ago, Guest Shower Immediately said:

Don't want any fungus, virus or bacteria skin infection to take hold and spread to you after sexual contacts?

Shower immediately after sexual contacts with antiseptic AND anti bacterial soap.

Methinks there is a bit of Lady Macbeth syndrome afoot here - it’s like the guilt from perceived ‘dirty’ sexual contact is making you need to carry out a decontamination drill. I’ve nothing against sexual liberation - have whatever sex you want but also if the paranoia of sexual contact seems to outweigh the benefits of it then maybe, I dunno, have less anonymous sex? Also the only real sane response is to go for frequent sexual heath checkups if you’re very active sexually and take PrEP. 

Also second that alcohol-based mouthwashes probably do more harm than good by drying the mouth out. The key is to cut out as much sugar as possible from one’s diet and halt candida growth (easier said than done) I have also found oil-pulling to be personally beneficial. 

12 minutes ago, Strange Fruit said:

outweigh the benefits of it then maybe, I dunno, have less anonymous sex?

It is known that in many cases the spreader is the bf or "trusted" regular. 

Many people here totally exaggerate on catching something... it surely kills the mood. 

If you see any sex partner as a potential health risk, the preferably abstain from sex. 

Guest Shower Immediately
2 hours ago, Strange Fruit said:

Methinks there is a bit of Lady Macbeth syndrome afoot here - it’s like the guilt from perceived ‘dirty’ sexual contact is making you need to carry out a decontamination drill. I’ve nothing against sexual liberation - have whatever sex you want but also if the paranoia of sexual contact seems to outweigh the benefits of it then maybe, I dunno, have less anonymous sex? Also the only real sane response is to go for frequent sexual heath checkups if you’re very active sexually and take PrEP. 

Also second that alcohol-based mouthwashes probably do more harm than good by drying the mouth out. The key is to cut out as much sugar as possible from one’s diet and halt candida growth (easier said than done) I have also found oil-pulling to be personally beneficial. 

Duh. It is not paranoia but sounds like it to you probably because you enjoy keeping those sex scents and bodily fluids from your partners retained on your body and crevices for extended periods until the next morning after those amazing sexual encounters?

Some people reported getting rashes and fungus from anonymous sex on another thread. Just thought I would offer some helpful suggestion to lower that risk, if they have to have those encounters, because the risk is really random but some people may be more prone to rashes and skin disorders due to hygiene reasons and some may be having dry and sensitive skin after sun expoosure or autoimmune disorder that causes sensitive skin, or they may have skin abrasions that allowed those fungus, bacteria and viruses to take hold more quickly and easily.

There is an element of luck in contracting these skin infections too, so washing immediately after sex may help protect these people with sensitive and compromised skin.

Frequent sex health check up is good, but they do not prevent STDs.

Many skin infections are also not STDS or caused by STDS, so those sexual health check ups will not recognise those infections as STDs.

Prevention for people with dry, sensitive or compromised skin or autoimmune disorder prone to rashes outbreak is always better than having to remedy skin infections after they occur.

Or even better still, abstain from anonymous sex while you know you are having those sensitive skin conditions.

Instead of quarreling just let's get more knowledgeable on cleaning up after sex.

1)

How long to wait before cleaning up

There is typically no need to clean up immediately after sex. People may decide to clean up minutes or hours after sexual activity, or they may wait until the morning. However, it is important to clean up at some point afterward.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-to-clean-up-after-sex#how-long-to-wait

Penis care

To maintain a healthy penis, people should:

• Gently wash the penis with water and a mild, unscented soap. Those with a foreskin should gently pull it back and clean underneath to remove semen buildup and smegma.
  • Rinse the area well, pat dry, and replace the foreskin.
  • Wear clean underwear that is fully dry (or do not wear any while sleeping).

Preventing infections

To avoid urinary tract infections, which affect 10 in 25 women and 3 in 25 men during their lifetime, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommend:

drinking plenty of water (throughout the day and after sex)

urinating regularly, including before and after sex

taking showers instead of baths

not douching

Practicing good genital care and wearing loose, cotton underwear can help prevent yeast infections. Sexual partners can pass yeast infections to each other, so it is important to seek testing and treatment and avoid sex until the infection clears up.

Cleaning up after sex does not have to be a chore. Taking simple steps — such as gently cleansing the genital area, drinking water, and urinating afterward — can go a long way toward reducing the risk of infection and helping people feel fresh.

To stay healthy, people should wash the genitals after anal sex and clean sex toys thoroughly.

2)

Wash Up

You don’t have to hop out of bed and into the shower right away. But gently cleaning yourself after sex can protect men and women from infections, like of the urinary tract (UTIs). Wash the area around (not inside) your genitals with plain warm water. You can try mild soaps, but if you have sensitive skin or you already have an infection, they might dry out or irritate the area. Men with foreskin should gently pull it back and wash underneath.

https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/ss/slideshow-sexual-hygiene

Stay away from soaps with excess fragrances or exfoliating ingredients, as these can irritate the skin, making it more prone to infection. 

Note that the water should be warm (if required) but not hot!

=> cleaning with harsh soaps and shower gels is counterproductive because it permits bacteria etc to enter more easily into the body.

2 hours ago, Guest Shower Immediately said:

Some people reported getting rashes and fungus from anonymous sex on another thread. Just thought I would offer some helpful suggestion to lower that risk, if they have to have those encounters, because the risk is really random but some people may be more prone to rashes and skin disorders due to hygiene reasons and some may be having dry and sensitive skin after sun expoosure or autoimmune disorder that causes sensitive skin, or they may have skin abrasions that allowed those fungus, bacteria and viruses to take hold more quickly and easily.

Some people here have rashes or anything the minute after the sex exposure or just with light fun. (just read some of the posts here on STD and sorts and you will see).

This is just plain silly, because yeast infections or other STDs have a certain incubation period which ranges from 7 to 30 days.

Some yeast infections (candida) can occur after 3 days (if your personal hygiene on washing your dick is low).

In that sense the Member Strange Fruit was right to point to some sort of paranoia.

Also in the sense that excessive washing and using certain ingredients may be in fact counterproductive.

Rashes on the dick may also appear due to prolonged sessions of oral sex, jerking etc... It depends are sensitive your glans is or eventually someone's hands were just a bit to rough... Not all is linked to infections or STDs.

Your point on antiseptic and antibacterial shower gels/ soaps might cause more harm and even elevate any infection as they are "harsher" to the skin.

The antiseptic and antibacterial soaps/ shower gels seem also more of a marketing gimmick.

Quote:

Antibacterial soap, on the other hand, can be processed with a chemical called triclosan or triclocarban. This chemical is not found in plain soap. This ingredient is meant to stop the production of bacteria. 

The FDA has not yet found evidence that it is better at preventing sickness, though.

Meanwhile, in 2013, the FDA issued a ruling requiring safety data on antibacterial soaps. After research was completed, the final ruling regarding antiseptic liquids, bar soaps, body washes, foams, and liquids was that they should cease making certain claims in their marketing. This was because the products were not shown to be more effective than plain soap and water at preventing infection, and there was no proven information on the safety of exposure to antibiotic chemicals over a long period.

The cons, however, are that they can also kill healthy bacteria on your skin. Their added chemicals can strip natural oils and make your skin dry. Also, the use of antibacterial soap can give a false sense of cleanliness

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/difference-between-antibacterial-soap-plain-soap

In certain settings such soaps may be beneficial (working in health care, food processing or (food) waste disposal.

But as recommended by the specialists surely not for washing after sex.

Please note that my point is not to quarrel but just to illustrate educationally the background of soaps/ shower gels.

Edited by singalion

Guest Shower Immediately
4 hours ago, singalion said:

Some people here have rashes or anything the minute after the sex exposure or just with light fun. (just read some of the posts here on STD and sorts and you will see).

This is just plain silly, because yeast infections or other STDs have a certain incubation period which ranges from 7 to 30 days.

Some yeast infections (candida) can occur after 3 days (if your personal hygiene on washing your dick is low).

In that sense the Member Strange Fruit was right to point to some sort of paranoia.

Also in the sense that excessive washing and using certain ingredients may be in fact counterproductive.

Rashes on the dick may also appear due to prolonged sessions of oral sex, jerking etc... It depends are sensitive your glans is or eventually someone's hands were just a bit to rough... Not all is linked to infections or STDs.

Your point on antiseptic and antibacterial shower gels/ soaps might cause more harm and even elevate any infection as they are "harsher" to the skin.

The antiseptic and antibacterial soaps/ shower gels seem also more of a marketing gimmick.

Quote:

Antibacterial soap, on the other hand, can be processed with a chemical called triclosan or triclocarban. This chemical is not found in plain soap. This ingredient is meant to stop the production of bacteria. 

The FDA has not yet found evidence that it is better at preventing sickness, though.

Meanwhile, in 2013, the FDA issued a ruling requiring safety data on antibacterial soaps. After research was completed, the final ruling regarding antiseptic liquids, bar soaps, body washes, foams, and liquids was that they should cease making certain claims in their marketing. This was because the products were not shown to be more effective than plain soap and water at preventing infection, and there was no proven information on the safety of exposure to antibiotic chemicals over a long period.

The cons, however, are that they can also kill healthy bacteria on your skin. Their added chemicals can strip natural oils and make your skin dry. Also, the use of antibacterial soap can give a false sense of cleanliness

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/difference-between-antibacterial-soap-plain-soap

In certain settings such soaps may be beneficial (working in health care, food processing or (food) waste disposal.

But as recommended by the specialists surely not for washing after sex.

Please note that my point is not to quarrel but just to illustrate educationally the background of soaps/ shower gels.

I am not talking about STDs. Balanitis and candida are not STDs but fungus/yeast infections.

Certain fungus or yeast take three days to show signs of skin infection, but that doesn't mean within the first three days they aren't sprouting or taking hold on your skin - you just can't see them sprouting or their signs of infection within the first three days.

They only take a few hours to start sprouting, before they take hold and show any sign of skin infection or rashes in about three days.

Washing up quickly after sex using gentle, chemical free and fragrance free soaps like Cetaphil and non-scented castile soap, rather than not washing at all is better than waiting for skin infections to occur and then try to treat them, especially if you have sensitive, dry or compromised skin.

My posts are also just meant to exchange information, and not picking or attempting to pick any fight or quarrel with anyone at all.

Guest Shower Immediately

If you already have skin inflammation, pharmacists anywhere will recommend you gentle and natural antiseptic and antibacterial soaps.

That is when your skin has already been inflammed, not just having rashes or itch only.

Before that inflammation has occured, like in saunas where they may not provide chemical free and fragrance free soaps, it is still better to wash using their soap, than not washing at all.

I am also not recommending hard scrubbing or exfoliating soaps after sex, as that will remove your naturial skin sebum barrier and may microscopically break your skin and allow fungus/yeast, virus and bacterial to penetrate and take hold more easily, resulting in rashes and skin infections.

One advice:  don't wait to be 81 years old to learn the best care for your body.

What to wash. What not to wash.  How to wash.  How often. With what.  When. Where. ...  With whom?   :lol:

Guest Castile soap
On 8/14/2024 at 9:08 AM, singalion said:

The Cetaphil is a bit overpriced in my view. It might be helpful for those suffering neurodermatitis and ekzema .

There is a range from Germany and France which is cheaper (but also overpriced in Singapore drug stores. Maybe online platforms offer alternatives in pricing. 

https://www.watsons.com.sg/baby-unscented-pure-castile-liquid-soap-946ml/p/BP_30865

https://www.fairprice.com.sg/product/the-blessed-soaps-organic-pure-castile-soap-baby-unscented-946-ml-90082902

Unscented Castile soaps for those with sensitive skin or skin rashes.

Guest Castile soap

https://www.verywellhealth.com/castile-soap-what-it-is-uses-risks-5089193#:~:text=Face%2C Hand%2C and Body Soap&text=Castile soap is milder than,lost sebum with vegetable oil.

Castile soap is a vegetable-based soap that is free of chemicals, other synthetic ingredients, and animal products. It can be used to wash your skin, hair, clothes, and more. It is also hypoallergenic, making it an ideal option for people with sensitivity to harsh soaps and cleansers.1 One of the most well-known brands of Castile soap is Dr. Bronner's.

Castile soap originated from the Mediterranean region around Castile, Spain in the 12th century. It was originally made from pure olive oil. Today, it is made with a variety of plant-based oils, including hemp, coconut, avocado, and almond oil.

Uses of Castile Soap

There are many different applications for castile soap, from washing your skin and hair to cleaning your clothes, dishes, and surfaces.

Shampoo

Castile soap lathers easily. And because of the fat content in the oil it is made from, it may leave your hair feeling smoother and more conditioned than some chemical-based shampoos.

Castile soap can also be used to bathe dogs. Any of the Dr. Bronner's fragrances are safe; if your dog has sensitive skin, the unscented baby formula may be best. A squirt of soap diluted with water should do the trick.3

In contrast, many shampoos on the market contain a surfactant, most often sodium lauryl sulfate or sodium laureth sulfate, that traps oils and contaminants and removes them from your hair. It also serves as the foaming agent in shampoo. As effective as these ingredients are, they can sometimes leave your hair feeling dry and brittle.4

Face, Hand, and Body Soap

One of the problems with many bar soaps is that they are drying and can undermine the barrier function of the skin. They do so by stripping the natural oils (sebum) that protect the skin from microorganisms, toxins, and sun exposure.5

Castile soap is milder than many bar soaps. It can clean the skin while replacing some of the lost sebum with vegetable oil. Castile soap is safe to use around the genitals, but you may want to choose a mild or unscented formula. Always dilute liquid formulations as instructed.

Castile soap may also be an option if you have acne, as the oils these products contain have antibacterial properties

Thanks for all the input on Castille Soap.

However, as usual like when something is called healthy, many jump onto the wagon and try to sell their Castille soap which are fake (as it is not a protected grade for soap).

If the soaps come with chemical or artificial fragrance (unless natural like lavender oil), or any artificial ingredients, then there aren't already considered as Castille soap.

=> Check the ingredients first before buying something.

Be also aware, many sellers tend to overcharge on these soaps riding on the healthier/ organic etc hype or the soaps are fake if you buy at online platforms. 

(500 ml bottles at around 11 - 13 SGD are common)

For the liquid type of Castille Soap it is recommended to only apply smaller amounts or to dilute it with some water in a bottle/ container ( 1/5 to 1) as otherwise the washing ingredient may be too much with negative results (dryness, itchiness etc) for your skin.

For Shampoo you may note that these type tend to be oilier, which means the hair may look sticky after some hours or at the end of the day. 

Guest Castile soap

I am also not sure washing with just plain water is clean enough, as soap will bind those bodily greases and grime that contain germs - virus, fungi, bacteria and parasites - lift them off your skin to be carried away by the water.

Sometimes with the heat, moisture and repetitive friction of vigorous sex, germs in bodily fluids get embedded and trapped under hair follicles that result in follicle and skin infections or folliculitis.

I am not sure just plain water, with higher surface tension than soapy water, will be sufficient to penetrate those pores/follicles to rinse away those dirt and grime, without the power of soap to bind and lift off those germs trapped in bodily fluids seeped inside those pores.

Castile soap FTW before and after those vigorous, hot and sweaty sessions for health and hygiene's sake.

Guest Castile soap

However, as usual like when something is called healthy, many jump onto the wagon and try to sell their Castille soap which are fake (as it is not a protected grade for soap).

If the soaps come with chemical or artificial fragrance (unless natural like lavender oil), or any artificial ingredients, then there aren't already considered as Castille soap.

=> Check the ingredients first before buying something.

Be also aware, many sellers tend to overcharge on these soaps riding on the healthier/ organic etc hype or the soaps are fake if you buy at online platforms. 

(500 ml bottles at around 11 - 13 SGD are common)

Hey Mr Paranoid, the online platforms I have placed here are from NTUC and Watson's, they do not sell fake staffs, OK?

If you are wondering and so concerned, I am not from NTUC, Watson's or any of the Castile soap brands.

I do not receive any kickbacks from them.

I am recommending them for people who have sensitive, dry or infected skin who need a milder and gentler soap that is both hydrating and does not overly dry out their skin.

And yes, some Castile soaps, like Dr Bronner's, need to be diluted with water, while others like the Blessed Soap, don't.

Please follow usage instructions.

1 hour ago, Guest Castile soap said:

Hey Mr Paranoid, the online platforms I have placed here are from NTUC and Watson's, they do not sell fake staffs, OK?

If you are wondering and so concerned, I am not from NTUC, Watson's or any of the Castile soap brands.

I do not receive any kickbacks from them.

I am recommending them for people who have sensitive, dry or infected skin who need a milder and gentler soap that is both hydrating and does not overly dry out their skin.

And yes, some Castile soaps, like Dr Bronner's, need to be diluted with water, while others like the Blessed Soap, don't.

Please follow usage instructions.

Would be appreciated if you don't call me names.

Just for clarification I did not say that NTUC or Watsons sell fake staff, nor did I allude that you did.

3 hours ago, singalion said:

I was referring to online sales platforms (Lazada, shopee etc), because the sellers might not be chains such as Blessed Soap or from soap specialised shops but individual sellers. As everything is faked nowadays, be careful when you buy and only buy from trusted sources.

Certain may be re-sellers and you wouldn't know the true origin.

That was my point!

The best price I saw was one shower gel type of liquid castille soap at Scoops wholefoods. They have some outlets around town.

Guest Sex In The Shower
14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

One advice:  don't wait to be 81 years old to learn the best care for your body.

What to wash. What not to wash.  How to wash.  How often. With what.  When. Where. ...  With whom?   :lol:

Don't be wishy washy!!!

Change partner if washing up too quickly after sex irks or saddens them!

Self care first before caring for partner's sensitive ego!

Both can also wash up together!!!

1 hour ago, Guest Sex In The Shower said:

Don't be wishy washy!!!

Change partner if washing up too quickly after sex irks or saddens them!

Self care first before caring for partner's sensitive ego!

Both can also wash up together!!!

I agree that wash up together is the best option.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

For some folks, as it might not affect everyone, it’s the alkaline in the soap that causes balinitis.

Don't use Dettol soap or shower gel (not even the type with moisturising ingredients) as it could be too disinfecting and too alkaline. Extensive or prolonged use over a long period of time will result in symptoms.

Use a milder or non disinfecting type, either in soap or shower gel format.

Can’t say for sure if Castile soap works, didn’t try that. But tried L’occitane and L’erbolario soaps and they work wonders at restoring skin to former condition. Over a period of time, of course. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.