Male HQ

Love Or Companionship In Gay Relationship

Guest Is it Love

Guest Is it Love

What does LOVE mean to you? Realistically, how many gays in relationship say "I love you" to their partner and remain faithful, although after playing outside and at the end of each day, they go home to their partner? Some do it discreetly, some openly in an open relationship. And they say it's ok they play outside, as long as they go home to their partner because he still love his partner. Is that really love? Or is it more so a companionship he's seeking, to have someone to be in a relationship with, someone he can tell others he is attached with, someone he hopes he can turn back to when everyone else is unavailable, someone he hopes will be by his side when he grows old and die so that he will not be lonely?

If it is really love isn't it supposed to be monogamously together and faithful to each other and happily ever after? If it is really love why will the guy play behind his partner knowing that he will be hurting him by doing so? When he plays outside and go back is it really love that brings him back to his partner, or the companionship he needs from him for fear that he will end up lonely one day with the fun buddies who will only want him when they are horny? When you play and say you love your bf do you really mean "love"? Or is it a companionship you need from him?

Guest -Butted-

Everybody using each other for their self interest.

Once used, become 2nd hand products like those sold in Sungei Road.

So, my dear gay comrades, dont give your ass or suck like an idiot so easily like a cheapy bird.

Love is when you don't expect anything in return. Unconditional love... that's the most powerful "tool" to keep anyone by your side. It's not selfish or anything, but I think it works. I believe in such a love.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

Can you continue to love unconditionally when he is out there having sex with someone else?

Well, my previous post was actually based on an "impossible"/unrequited kind of love. Like falling for a straight guy.

But if you are already indeed in a relationship with another gay man, and he's out there having flings and all that, then it's pointless to continue. He has already cheated on you. What's the point of carrying on? IMO, infidelity is the greatest sin in any relationship.

"The two of us are living in the same era, believing in the same future

Yesterday’s tears and today’s smiles will stay true

We’ve experienced the same pain, we’ve gathered the same kindness

And we’ll turn them into the strength to live on tomorrow"

progress - ayumi hamasaki

i think its pretty difficult to draw the lines between both.

I met this guy, he's nice and all, I thought I can try to love him. After a couple of months,

he's just different than the person I thought I use to know. I still like him alot but I don't see

how it can last, I dare not tell him yet(he's having a stressful time at work these few weeks)

Still what I thought by replying to his love, but in fact I was replying to his companionship

and the fact of me being lonely. I'm still lost and confused, tried to talk to him, but he's always

so cold and putting my conversations aside nowadays.

Love or Companionship ?

I think first we need to ask ourself what we are REALLY looking for in this life ... then different people will have different answer, whether you are straight, bi, gay or les ... even if you are bear, chub or chaser ;) ... just kidding

Yes, for straight people, one husband and one wife is standard which all societies and peole are heading to and following ... but being gay or les are not wrong either ... what I mean here it may be easier for them, straight couple ... why ... because it is popular, natural ... then wife which is a woman who herself has less temptation and passion than men, sometimes can give up themself to keep their relationship ...

For gay couple, it is more difficult because it is relationship between 2 men. Men always have more temptation, more sex, always want to discover, try new thing, etc ... it is basic instinct ... so in order to ask 2 guys being faithful with each other for the whole life, it is quite difficult (of course, I don't say it is impossible) ... then most of them decide to call it "Open Relationship" :yuk:

Love is not something you can try ... it comes to you suddently when you are less prepared ;)

To keep a relationship alive and last forever, Love is not enough but it is main, basic and important role to save your spirit ... sometimes ... before or while falling down. I think everybody needs to learn "relationship skill" ... which is more difficult ...

If you ask any wife that they agree to share their husband, I am sure almost all of them will say NO, so what is happening with gay guys ? I guess, we are males and always like to have fun ... so "Open Relationship" is just an excuse for fxxk ...

Someone told me that, a couple is completely happy only when both of them have the same choice/decision about future ... when they have different choices, they will separate then go to different ways ... Everybody has their own definition of happiness ... just because Happiness is the State of mind.

You can fall from sky, you can fall from tree but the best way to fall is in love with me :whistle:

========================

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Edited by castaway

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

• Guest locked this topic