Male HQ

Car Gps Navigator

Guest gps idoit

Guest gps idoit

Any1 know if I buy a car GPS Navigator, can it be use in other countries? Must I still need to buy the map of that particular country (say china or america) to be able to use in that country.

Cheers

Any1 know if I buy a car GPS Navigator, can it be use in other countries? Must I still need to buy the map of that particular country (say china or america) to be able to use in that country.

Cheers

Generally, the GPS navigator you buy in Singapore contains Singapore and sometimes Malaysia maps as well. If you need maps of other countries (eg. US), you will need to buy the map and download into the GPS.

GPS Stand alone unit. no need licence / subscription.

GPS on your mobile device. yes you will need. and beware... it is very power hungry and your phone will be drained for a real drive in countries like UZA or China.

better GPS brands is from Garmin. This brand has a local support group that updates Malaysia and Singapore maps by end users. you will be able to download things like ERP gantries, speed camera locations fixed and commonly spotted, etc. locally as well as places for good food , if uploaded.

other maps from e.g. Map King - i believe is professionally updated, and will cost you after one or two free updates.

Also, pls dun go for the cheepest made in some backyard GPS... they can be problematic, and difficult to use.

My personal choice - Garmin... been using it since military time - they used to make military spec GPS... very accurate.

disclaimer: the above just my views. i do not represent or get paid by anyone to share my personal experiences and opinions.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.