Male HQ

New Tab(Internet Explorer)

justin89

I'm a IE7 user and always clear my history after i surf the net.But recently, i tried open a new tab by chance(press CTRL+T), they will link you to a new tab toolbar/ page. Where it shows your commonly visit site. Hence, some sites that i don't allow other to see(such as trevvy and BW) appeared there. Luckily this is my personal laptop and my family seldom use. Anyway this thread is just for information only=)

I'm a IE7 user and always clear my history after i surf the net.But recently, i tried open a new tab by chance(press CTRL+T), they will link you to a new tab toolbar/ page. Where it shows your commonly visit site. Hence, some sites that i don't allow other to see(such as trevvy and BW) appeared there. Luckily this is my personal laptop and my family seldom use. Anyway this thread is just for information only=)

I'm using Macbook Pro and my Safari always shows that also.. it's annoying that I have to always edit the startup page to remove whatever pages I don't want people to see, but luckily I have another browser, so I used the latter to surf the other sites.. problem solved.. hee..

Dear all,

There is a private browsing function for Safari. Before you go the the website, do a private browsing on Safari. You go to Safari tab and go to Private Browsing. With that function, the webpage you had visited will not be kept in History. I find that function very useful. I read it in Digital Life sometime in November. For IE, you have to go to tools and select InPrivate Browsing. Shortcut is Crtl+Shift+P. You can go to this website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/safer.aspx for more information. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by fuzzy

I have the same problem as well. There are times where I need my personal computer for work and sometimes online presentation. It can be rather embarrassing when the new tabs shows what are the webpages you have visited. :D To be on the safe side, I use the programme CCleaner to do a cleaning of the cache. This programme is free for download. :clap: Quite good, personnally. Hope this helps.

I use the same laptop for work and play. :)

To avoid problem, Work strictly IE browser.

Fun is strictly on Firefox browser.

There were incidents when my colleagues just "borrowed" my opened laptop for checking a page. They will usually just click IE :). Can avoid any embarrassment as my IE always "clean". :)

So either learn to use the "Private Mode" (otherwise known as "Pxxn Mode")

Learn to user alternate browser like Firefox or Chrome. Leave IE for your work , siblings.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.