Male HQ

City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)

amkies

That's a catchy dance hit by Norway composer Thomas Asserholt, specially for Sun!

Sun Ho must have given the composer a good chunk of the church's money for the composition.

Since it is the Money of God,  of course the music had to come out good. :)

I consider the CRC managers as minor petty criminals (although those millions are nothing petty).  As I said before, deception is rampant in this world, and the CRC didn't hurt its victims as much as, say,  the tobacco industry, the manufacturers of Coca Cola, of junk cereals for kids, of alcoholic beverages, etc. etc.

Its hard not to agree with you! I loathe smoking, never drink Coca Cola but I do like an alcoholic drink occasionally!

But its surely important to compare like with like. Like it or not, tobacco is a legal product. Like it or not, Coca Cola is a legal product. Junk cereals r legal products. Our hypocritical governments roundly criticise them on the one hand but happily use the massive taxes they produce on the other.

More pertinent to your argument perhaps wld be the mega companies like Starbucks n Amazon which base themselves in countries n use tax loopholes to pay a fraction of the tax they shld be paying.

Back to CDC tho. What the CDC leaders did was against the law. Their crime may be petty as you suggest - but is that really true? $50 million or thereabouts stolen from lets say 25,000 people. Thats around $2000 per church member. In my book thats far fm petty considering many r students n young people!

More than the cash tho it is the blatant lies which were told time n time again over many many yrs that hv to be taken into account. 

Sun Ho must have given the composer a good chunk of the church's money for the composition.

Since it is the Money of God,  of course the music had to come out good. :)

Not only the composer. Heres how the Straits Times reported in August 2014 Kong Hees comments about the planned launch of the English album which for whatever reasons has still not been released - 

Kong said that American publicists had a comprehensive promotional plan for what he called a "very major launch" for Ho's album, which was to come more than four years after it was initially slated to ... This included pitching major television appearances on shows such as CSI New York and CSI Miami, Gossip Girl and Dancing With The Stars, and for promotion in magazines like Vogue, Glamour, Rolling Stones, Marie Claire and Billboard

Apart fm the fact that an unknown singer appearing on such mega hit shows as CSI New York, CSI Miami n Dancing with the Stars is as utterly ridiculous as any of the fanciful statements made at the trial, the cost of advertorials in the magazines mentioned cost many millions of $$. Did Kong believe these magazines wild just flock to Sun n beg for a feature? If he did then he was even more delusional than he hs appeared so far in this debacle.

Apart fm the fact that an unknown singer appearing on such mega hit shows as CSI New York, CSI Miami n Dancing with the Stars is as utterly ridiculous as any of the fanciful statements made at the trial, the cost of advertorials in the magazines mentioned cost many millions of $$. Did Kong believe these magazines wild just flock to Sun n beg for a feature? If he did then he was even more delusional than he hs appeared so far in this debacle.

Excuse me?  Sun's album and promo tour marketing budget in the United States was more than Beyoncé and close to that of Shakira's.  She was already a Billboard-charting superstar who had attended the Grammy's, worked with Wyclef Jean, Olivia Newton-John, Wayne Isham, Joseph Kahn, Laurieann Gibson, Tony Moran etc.  She is no 'unknown singer' as you say and is definitely able to hold her own on CSI New York, Miami and Dancing with the Stars!  Haha

Excuse me?  Sun's album and promo tour marketing budget in the United States was more than Beyoncé and close to that of Shakira's.  She was already a Billboard-charting superstar who had attended the Grammy's, worked with Wyclef Jean, Olivia Newton-John, Wayne Isham, Joseph Kahn, Laurieann Gibson, Tony Moran etc.  She is no 'unknown singer' as you say and is definitely able to hold her own on CSI New York, Miami and Dancing with the Stars!  Haha

O ye of such little faith! Hv u not been reading many of the earlier posts here?

Of course the budget hd to b way higher than for albums of Beyonce n Shakira. No one knew Sun!! Everyone knew the other two artistes!! Or r u not aware of that?

The Billboard chart which she topped ws a pay for play chart only for DJs - not public sales. Pay the DJs n they play ur music. Plain n simple. Thats a well known fact in the music industry. With tens of millions at her disposal, Sun cld hv topped that chart dozens of times if shed wanted. Billboard superstar she was not!

U clearly do not know the music industry. With enough money unknowns can buy their way into songs with the singers u mention. With an expensive influential PR company, singers can buy their way into the Grammys - although to be fair I have no idea if that was true in Sun Hos case or not.

"Definitely able to hold her own on CSI New York, Miami and Dancing with the Stars?" What a total joke! Now u will tell us she was a member of the acting Union - the Screen Actors Guild! But that would b impossible because she had built up no acting credits in US television or movie roles! N without those credits, Sun Ho wild not hv been granted membership. N without membership she cld not have appeared in those shows! Even if she were in the SAG, Id bet a lot of cash that the producers n directors of the CSI series wild never hv cast an unknown. Unless of course she played a corpse!

But then again, the promo plan was to promote an album. What has appearing as an actor in a drama series got to do with promoting an album? If she was such a "superstar" as you say, she would hv no need to pay millions to appear in a drama series.

Kong Hee n his cronies were in cloud cuckoo land n totally out of their depth re the entertainment business.

Edited by wozzit

Never!!!!

Singing is no crime!!!

Being Talented is no crime!!!

Sexy is no crime!!!

What crime did she commit?

she got no crime . Is her hubby that took the donation money and support her album.She say she dont know at all is from the donation money.So she is free from crime.

This ugly witch is in cahoot with her now convicted devil-husband in spending the money. how is she free of crime!

Her deceit alone is punishable, if not by the law, then by GOD!

BURN THE WITCH! 

She would do well to remember the advice about women's dress in 1 Timothy 2:9 - words she should be well acquainted with as a pastor -

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array

Sun Ho modest n without costly array? LOL

More than the cash tho it is the blatant lies which were told time n time again over many many yrs that hv to be taken into account. 

WE take those lies into account, but such lies and deceptions get immunity from the law.

Laws everywhere allow slick talkers and organized religions to lie and deceive in the name of some "supernatural". Not only are these professional swindlers allowed to swindle but in many countries they get a break from paying taxes on their dishonest acquisition of wealth.

At least this is how it is today.  One can hope that in a more advanced future civilization the religious professionals will have to PROVE that what they say.  :)

She would do well to remember the advice about women's dress in 1 Timothy 2:9 - words she should be well acquainted with as a pastor -

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array

Sun Ho modest n without costly array? LOL

Sun Ho has achieved more in her 8 years in the music industry than you will ever achieve in this lifetime :)

But don't feel depressed!  Sun loves you!

Excuse me?  Sun's album and promo tour marketing budget in the United States was more than Beyoncé and close to that of Shakira's.  She was already a Billboard-charting superstar who had attended the Grammy's, worked with Wyclef Jean, Olivia Newton-John, Wayne Isham, Joseph Kahn, Laurieann Gibson, Tony Moran etc. 

Keeping again to facts, it cost CHC members through donations some $2.54 million to pay artists like Wyclef Jean, Beyonce n Shakira to work with Sun Ho! Money can buy almost anything!

Keeping again to facts, it cost CHC members through donations some $2.54 million to pay artists like Wyclef Jean, Beyonce n Shakira to work with Sun Ho! Money can buy almost anything!

You are lying through your teeth, Sun had yet to officially work with Beyonce and Shakira, so how could CHC members have donated towards her working with those 2?

FAIL

This ugly witch is in cahoot with her now convicted devil-husband in spending the money. how is she free of crime!

Her deceit alone is punishable, if not by the law, then by GOD!

BURN THE WITCH! 

If you have evidence, please feel free to hand it over to the police to have Sun arrested immediately.

Otherwise Sun will sue you for defamation.

You are lying through your teeth, Sun had yet to officially work with Beyonce and Shakira, so how could CHC members have donated towards her working with those 2?

Quoted in court -

Minutes from [Xtron meeting of] Nov. 24, 2007, showed the approval of an additional budget of $2.54 million to get some popular song artistes from USA to be involved in the album.

Some of the people Ho was to work with, or whose marketing budgets she was benchmarked against included Beyonce, Shakira, Wyclef Jean and Missy Elliott

Money! Money! Money!

If you have evidence, please feel free to hand it over to the police to have Sun arrested immediately.

Sue me for defamation? Fine. Let her do her worst! I look forward to it. I quote facts. U make up fairy stories.

Edited by wozzit

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Sun had already worked with Wyclef Jean, and was slated to have Missy Elliott appear in her MV.

Her marketing budget was benchmarked against Beyonce and Shakira.

What you said, however, was that CHC members paid $2.54 million for her to work with Beyonce and Shakira.  THIS IS FALSE AND UNTRUE.

Either you don't understand English, or you are deliberately trying to mislead everyone here.

What you said, however, was that CHC members paid $2.54 million for her to work with Beyonce and Shakira.  THIS IS FALSE AND UNTRUE.

Another pathetic little diatribe n word twisting from an anonymous guest. Enjoy your little games.

Another pathetic little diatribe n word twisting from an anonymous guest. Enjoy your little games.

After your lie about CHC paying for Sun to work with Beyonce and Shakira is EXPOSED, you now make ad hominem attacks?  Good.

Wozzit quote facts?  LOL

Facts such as CHC paid for Sun to work with Beyonce and Shakira when she never even met the 2?

LOL

Sun can sue for defamation.

In all her bios Sun Ho hammers home the fact that she was invited to the 46th Grammy Awards. Guess who was also present - Beyonce! With all the huge sums spent on promotion n youtube vdos showing her with a variety of stars, u tell me the 2 never met?

LOL

Edited by wozzit

In all her bios Sun Ho hammers home the fact that she was invited to the 46th Grammy Awards. Guess who was also present - Beyonce! With all the huge sums spent on promotion n youtube vdos showing her with a variety of stars, u tell me the 2 never met?

LOL

Please show proof that the 2 of them met at the 46th Grammy Awards.

Of course, I'm sure you have NO proof.

LOL

Guest Sun Sun

You keep accusing others of making ad hominem attacks.  But why don't you realise you keep making ad hominem glorification of the witch?

Singing is no crime but when using dirty means to support one's singing career, it is being selfish.

Being talented is no crime but when talent is misused by milking people of their hard-earned money to achieve one's selfish purpose, it is immoral.

Sexy is no crime but why should sexiness be a glaring feature for the choice of songs, choreography & attire for a representative of a religious order?  Do the Talebans allow their women to wear revealing clothes & sing of Arab wine in order to praise Allah?  Do the Buddhist nuns de-robe themselves, wearing only swim suits & chant Mix the Toddy to glorify Buddha?

Since you are harping about crime & defamation, you are bringing in the law system.  There are 2 kinds of law governing human behaviour.  One is the legal law, i.e. written in black & white.  The other is the moral law, i.e. the unwritten code.  So even though technically speaking, your Goddess has not been caught, her behaviour is questionable.

Analogy:

A wife is so slutty that she commits adultery with her boyfriend.  When her husband discovers this, he was overcome with jealousy & fury & assaulted her lover.  In the fight, both men were injured & arrested by the police.  The wife was unscathed.  You would say "The wife did not commit any crime, so the police cannot arrest her."

Think again.  Legally / technically, she can go scot-free but what about morally?  Do you have a religion?  What would your religion say?  And if you have no religion, what would your philosophy be?

The pathetic creature is consumed in schizo delusion & needs a psychiatrist, being overly impressed by the witch's singing & dancing but remains blind to her character flaws.

Comparing Sun and you, in terms of moral values, you are worse. So none of what you said will ever be convincing.  Both of you are scumbags but you are really the lowest of the lowest..............At least

Sun can sing, you only claim a nightingale.  

Sun has supporters, you....err........"piu".......hahaha,

Sun is rich while you are cheating your way as a tour guide to poor kids,

Sun is young, in every sense when she is compared to a balding, wriggled face....YOU

Sun is famous. you are obnoxious..........

Sun is still "attractive" (to some guys), you can only post around asking for BIG THIGH SEX and SMELLY FEET

Quoted in court -

Money! Money! Money!

Sue me for defamation? Fine. Let her do her worst! I look forward to it. I quote facts. U make up fairy stories.

Correction.. this  person believe in fairy tale stories of his idol.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

By Neo Chai Chin
Published: 4:02 AM, August 29, 2013
Updated: 1:45 PM, September 4, 2013

SINGAPORE — Beyonce, Shakira, Wyclef Jean and will.i.am. Some of the most recognisable names in the music world were thrown up in court yesterday, as plans for Ms Ho Yeow Sun’s foray into the United States pop music scene were revealed in the trial of six City Harvest Church leaders.

Ms Ho, also known as Sun Ho, was to work with Wyclef Jean and The Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am. A US marketer who believed she could “be huge” benchmarked her marketing budget against that of Columbian songstress Shakira’s supposed US$12 million (S$15.4 million) budget. It was more modest than Beyonce’s US$17 million budget, according to the marketer, Ms Lisa Ellis.

US producer Justin Herz told this to Kong Hee, who is Ms Ho’s husband, the church’s co-founder and one of the accused, in emails in May and June 2008.

The documents were tendered by Kong’s lawyer Edwin Tong in court when he cross-examined prosecution witness Choong Kar Weng.

Mr Choong is Director of Xtron Productions, which provided audio-visual services to City Harvest Church and managed Ms Ho’s career from 2003 to 2008.

Mr Tong was trying to show that projected album sales and profits from Ms Ho’s music career far exceeded the S$13 million in bonds that Xtron had to redeem from the church.

He was countering the prosecution, which contends that the bonds were sham and had earlier this week quoted an email by Serina Wee Gek Yin — Xtron’s accountant and another of the accused — which revealed expected album sales of 200,000 and revenue of S$2.17 million. This would be, in Wee’s words, “hardly enough to pay off the S$13 million”.

Mr Tong argued that the figure used by Wee could be only part of the total sales, given the “worst-case scenario” estimates of Ms Ellis and Mr Herz. According to a seven-year profit and loss projection by the latter, the total net profit from Ms Ho’s US career by next year would be nearly US$27 million (S$34.6 million).

The emails also showed Kong and another of the accused, former church board Vice-President Tan Ye Peng, concerned about the ballooning album expenses.

The latter was worried that the initial capital outlay of US$12.4 million and a longer capital recovery period for the project would make it “a hard sell to the XPL (Xtron) directors”, Kong wrote in an email to Mr Herz.

Three other defence lawyers cross-examined Mr Choong yesterday.

Senior Counsel Kannan Ramesh, lawyer for one of the accused, Sharon Tan Shao Yuen, countered the prosecution’s assertion that some losses from Ms Ho’s music career, also known as the Crossover Project, could be ultimately covered by church funds.

Mr Choong agreed with Mr Ramesh’s statement that loans taken by former Xtron Director Wahju Hanafi to fund the project’s expenses were “filled” by returns from AMAC Capital Partners, as well as the Multi-Purpose Fund, which consists of donations by individuals for Crossover and is separate from the church.

AMAC is an investment firm owned by former church member Chew Eng Han, another of the accused.

Asked by Senior Counsel Michael Khoo, Chew’s lawyer, if he ever felt Xtron’s bond transactions were sham, Mr Choong replied in the negative.

The defence continues to cross-examine Mr Choong today.

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/500000-buy-sun-hos-unsold-albums ...

$500,000 to buy Sun Ho's unsold albums
News date: Thursday, Aug 7, 2014

SINGAPORE - She was supposed to become a global superstar and then use her popularity to spread the church's message.

But the reality was that Ms Ho Yeow Sun, who uses the stage name Sun Ho, had many unsold albums.

So much so that City Harvest Church (CHC) spent close to half-a-million dollars to buy back 32,500 of her Mandarin albums languishing on shelves in Taiwan, Indonesia and the US in 2004.

The prosecution yesterday revealed these details, which were in an e-mail by former CHC finance manager Serina Wee, as the trial against six of the megachurch's leaders resumed after a two-week break.

Wee, CHC founder Kong Hee, and four others, are accused of misusing more than $50 million of church money through sham bonds. (See report above.)

Some of this money was allegedly used to fund the music career of Ms Ho, who is married to Kong, 49.

Former board member John Lam, 46, is the first accused to take the stand for the defence.

Yesterday, when Chief Prosecutor Mavis Chionh showed the unsold-album figures to Lam during the cross-examination, he claimed he did not realise at the time that Ms Ho's album sales were doing badly.

He said he was merely asked to find a way for CHC to avoid paying the 5 per cent GST while buying back Ms Ho's unsold albums and he had not "connected" the facts.

Ms Chionh rebutted: "Your last few answers are incredible lies and you are lying because you are desperate to maintain that Sun Ho's albums were doing well."

She also pointed out that Lam had earlier admitted that Ms Ho's artist management company, Xtron, was not profitable.

Yet he was involved in purchasing $13 million of Xtron bonds, which were rated as "junk bonds", because he believed Ms Ho's albums would do well, she said.

Xtron is one of two companies accused of helping the megachurch's leaders to funnel church funds illegally to bankroll the pastor-singer's music career. It managed Ms Ho from 2003 to 2008.

Said Ms Chionh: "The truth is that you knew that the bonds were not meant as an investment at all. They were a sham device that you and your co-accused came up with to find a way of moving money from the (church's) Building Fund to pay for Sun Ho's music career," she said.

Lam said he disagreed.

The prosecution also continued its argument that Xtron was not an independent entity and was linked to the church.

As an example, Ms Chionh pointed out that Lam and other church members would donate their tithes - or monthly offerings - to Xtron instead of CHC.

DONATIONS

When asked if Lam considered his donations to the company as "fulfilment" to the church, he said: "Yes, I would say so."

Said Ms Chionh: "For that treatment to be possible, it necessarily implies a very close relationship between the church and Xtron, right? So close in fact that money going to one is treated the same as money going to the other."

Lam said that it was his choice to donate to Xtron as it was managing the church's Crossover Project - fronted by Ms Ho - to evangelise to non-converts through secular pop music. Ms Chionh also questioned Lam on the need to omit Xtron's name from the minutes of a CHC board meeting.

"(It) was really so that you could hide anything that might lead your auditors then to say: 'But how is the Crossover being funded? Is the church funding the Crossover through Xtron?'," she said.

Again, Lam said he disagreed.

Yesterday's hearing was also characterised by Ms Chionh asking Lam to answer her questions on at least four occasions.

"If we are to finish your cross-examination sometime this week, you must answer the question and not go off on a tangent talking about other audits and other people," she said at one point.

The trial continues today.

Comparing Sun and you, in terms of moral values, you are worse. So none of what you said will ever be convincing.  Both of you are scumbags but you are really the lowest of the lowest..............At least

Sun can sing, you only claim a nightingale.  

Sun has supporters, you....err........"piu".......hahaha,

Sun is rich while you are cheating your way as a tour guide to poor kids,

Sun is young, in every sense when she is compared to a balding, wriggled face....YOU

Sun is famous. you are obnoxious..........

Sun is still "attractive" (to some guys), you can only post around asking for BIG THIGH SEX and SMELLY FEET

Well said, thanks!!

First wozzit made a baseless allegation about how CHC funded Sun's collaboration with Beyonce and Shakira... when Sun had never even met the 2 nor worked with them.

After getting caught out, this sneaky bugger wozzit tried to evade responsibility for his allegation by making a speculative, spurious conjecture that Sun met Beyonce at the 46th Grammy Awards.

The truth?  Sun had already worked with Wyclef Jean on China Wine.  The marketing budget of her first US album Cause a Ruckus was budgeted to be in line with the marketing budgets of Beyonce and Shakira's albums.  Sun was never meant to COLLABORATE with Beyonce and Shakira! 

Accusing Sun of collaborating with Beyonce and Shakira, and alleging that this collaboration was funded by CHC, is FALSE AND BASELESS.

Wozzit fail.

Accusing Sun of collaborating with Beyonce and Shakira, and alleging that this collaboration was funded by CHC, is FALSE AND BASELESS.

There should be a virtue in falsely accusing the Sun. 

Since the Sun is a complete impersonation of falsehood,

the false accusation of falsehood must lead to TRUTH.

I hope you agree with the correctness of this logical statement. :)

$500,000 to buy Sun Ho's unsold albums

If the Sun Ho can be successfully prosecuted and sent to jail,

it is possible that all these unsold albums could become collector's items.

And they could end up being worth much more than what was spent to buy them.

This could compensate the poor CHC-sheep suckers for their losses.

Reading this makes my blood boil...

The LAUGHINGSTOCK makes people laugh, which is healthy.

Maybe the whole saga is a godsend from a real God

intended to raise awareness of the corruption of organized religion.

I'm a foreigner in Singapore, but could all this scandal lead the way

to a good lawsuit by the gay community against the CHC

on the basis of slander, libel, smear.?

Maybe the article posted by Guest can point to some ground for such lawsuit?

If the Sun Ho can be successfully prosecuted and sent to jail,

it is possible that all these unsold albums could become collector's items.

And they could end up being worth much more than what was spent to buy them.

This could compensate the poor CHC-sheep suckers for their losses.

heheheh..

Well bro, we are talking about the Court of Law. Not some nonsensical religion where no proofs is needed but base entirely on the sanity of the human sheep who is gullible enough to believe them and think there is a man in the sky and give their time and money to a belief that is just living the life of a god.

But....the practice and court of law is one where everything has to be base on producible facts, money trail, witnesses and evidences proven true brought before the court in order to substantiate charges against Sun Ho.

I am sure they are still working on getting her presently. For reason of not prolonging the persecution of the husband and his cohorts, they had to work on whoever they can persecute first. Once sentence is done, they hope there would be plea bargain by those guilty who might offer up evidence to receive lower jail time or whatever. Evidence that may offer new path and ways to go after Sun Ho and whoever are still not name and who are part of the guilty lot.

When you don't have enough proofs, the law is clear, you have to let them go as much as you hate or feel strongly in your gut she is guilty. She is not the first guilty person they might have to release due to lack of evidence.

So it is not time to be happy that Sun Ho is off the hook. The law works on building a case. They can not prosecute anyone without proof thus for now they have to let her go EVEN if long suspected her involvement. Evidences not good enough to catch her for now but I am sure they are still digging, looking for fresh leads and paper trails locally and overseas.

Are they still watching Sun Ho? I am sure they are. Is Sun Ho aware too? Yes I am sure her lawyers will be telling her how to act and what to say or not say. How to keep a low profile where possible and keep a low profile.

That's how the law works even in PAP Singapore. To judge and prosecute without due diligent would mean, Hong Kee and company might end up NOT GUILTY. So it only make sense to kill the bird in the hand and then go after the stray ones later.

If she is innocent as the sheep believe and still want to keep paying their hard earn money to her thru the CHC. Let them. There is only so much you can do to help them see the true light of day and save them from giving more of their hard earn money to a group that has already proven to have misuse their funds, non of the relevant prayers they pray for came thru and the truth is still falsehood and the burden of proof still lies with them but yet they are still unable to show a shred of evidence.

I would not put my faith in he CDs being a collectors' item. the only people who want them I think are the GARANG-GUNI Man or a plastic recycling station. No matter she escape her guilt or be a jail bird.

Edited by upshot

There should be a virtue in falsely accusing the Sun. 

Since the Sun is a complete impersonation of falsehood,

the false accusation of falsehood must lead to TRUTH.

I hope you agree with the correctness of this logical statement. :)

Why would the false accusation of falsehood lead to truth?  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Only the legitimate/justified accusation of falsehood leads to the truth.

Wozzit is a twisted liar who has no regard for facts, and deserves to be exposed.

Preserving the original post in case the sneaky bugger tries to edit away the defamatory content.

what evidence! the witch already spent the money openly! its all over the news! 

GOD will punish her! strike her down with lightning! the witch is then as chaota as burned!

Preserving the original post in case the sneaky bugger tries to edit away the defamatory content.

LET ME DO ONE BETTER FOR YOU....... since finding a possible tiny little error wozzit might have made and you think you already won the battle. Okay he made a tiny booboo. But he is not far WRONG unless you can link us to something you read or saw online that say otherwise.

If not, let me show you a link and I reproduce the news here for all to read. We who have truth on our side and nothing to hide or gain bring this everyone's attention to save sheep like you too simple minded to find way to save yourself.

Link: http://mothership.sg/2013/08/spend-10-million-making-english-album/

How to spend $10 million making an English album that won’t be released

And predict that it will make $32 million in total. News dated: August 28, 2013

More than $10 million. That’s how much was spent on making one album that was supposed to launch the career of Sun Ho — City Harvest Church co-founder Kong Hee’s wife — in America.

This was the sum that was made public in court this week in the criminal trial of six City Harvest Church leaders who are charged with misusing church funds.

The prosecution had been trying to show that Xtron — the former management company of Sun Ho — was a puppet company controlled by City Harvest Church. The $10 million figure was retrieved from a board meeting minutes of production house Xtron.

Minutes from Nov. 24, 2007, showed the approval of an additional budget of $2.54 million to get some popular song artistes from USA to be involved in the album.  Some of the people Sun Ho was to work with, or whose marketing budgets she was benchmarked against included Beyonce, Shakira, Wyclef Jean and Missy Elliott.  ( to be fair I think Wozzit might have misread this part )

Xtron directors expected that the album will sell between two to three million copies and paid for Ho’s travel expenses. She continued to fly business class to promote her album.

The total expected net profit over seven years (from 2008) from album sales, performances and other related revenue streams was predicted to exceed $32 million.

However, the album was never produced.

Budget for Sun Ho's never-released English album are listed in breakdown of cost submitted in court:

Wyclef Jean’s production fees:  $2.12 million

My Right To Love You (Unreleased) : $17,430

Gone (Unreleased) : $108,000

What Kind Of World (Unreleased) : $31,750

One Day You WIll (Unreleased) : $31,750

Producers/ side artists fee: $2 million

Music video Production: $1.27 million

Album promotion: $1.4 million

Additional budget required $2.54 million

Tas Steiner Public Relations (Oct 06 to Dec 09) : $206,000

JH Management (Oct 06 to Dec 09) : $343,000

Total: $10 million

Edited by upshot

Why would the false accusation of falsehood lead to truth?  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Only the legitimate/justified accusation of falsehood leads to the truth.

Wozzit is a twisted liar who has no regard for facts, and deserves to be exposed.

There is a saying in Spanish that goes: "Quien roba a un ladrón tiene cien años de perdón",  that translates like: 

"he who robs a thief gets a pardon of one hundred years"

Besides,  why would someone intentionally LIE about who collaborated with Sun Ho?  At worst it could be a misunderstanding. There is ENOUGH CRAP associated with the Sun that no one needs lie to add to it.

Edited by Steve5380

Budget for Sun Ho's never-released English album are listed in breakdown of cost submitted in court:

Wyclef Jean’s production fees:  $2.12 million

My Right To Love You (Unreleased) : $17,430

Gone (Unreleased) : $108,000

What Kind Of World (Unreleased) : $31,750

One Day You WIll (Unreleased) : $31,750

Producers/ side artists fee: $2 million

Music video Production: $1.27 million

Album promotion: $1.4 million

Additional budget required $2.54 million

Tas Steiner Public Relations (Oct 06 to Dec 09) : $206,000

JH Management (Oct 06 to Dec 09) : $343,000

Total: $10 million

Sun Ho aside,  it is amazing how many people put their hands in the cookie jar so that a dumb video can be released successfully...

Okay wozzit made a tiny booboo. But he is not far WRONG unless you can link us to something you read or saw online that say otherwise.

Why would someone intentionally LIE about who collaborated with Sun Ho?  At worst it could be a misunderstanding. There is ENOUGH CRAP associated with the Sun that no one needs lie to add to it.

In reply to the 2 comments above -

The sneaky bugger wozzit didn't just lie about who collaborated with Sun Ho - he alleged that CHC was funding the collaboration between Sun and Beyonce/Shakira.  That is a complete falsehood since there was NO SUCH collaboration.

GOD will punish her! strike her down with lightning! the witch is then as chaota as burned!

Aiyah, no evidence then say so lah!

Why is she not arrested or charged?

What can you do to ensure that this is done?

Why are you getting so worked up?  Can't you read between his lines?  He is simply expressing how he WISH. 

Here's another analogy again.  You farted in a room full of people without giving an apology.  Legally you have not committed any crime.  But you did offend many people.  And here you are asking "Why aren't you arrested?"  Is that an appropriate question?

As for your Goddess Sun Ho, has she expressed any remorse or guilt so far?  All she did was asking her fellow pastors to "exorcise" her & give her strength.

thank you nightingale.

Aiyah, no evidence then say so lah!

Why is she not arrested or charged?

What can you do to ensure that this is done?

I need to do nothing!

GOD WILL STRIKE THE WITCH DOWN!

Auntie Guest is always making Mount Everests out of a facial pimple & Marianas Trenches out of a tooth cavity.  Do you know why nobody supports you here?  Heard of the boy who keeps shouting Wolf?  Take a leaf from Steve:

Very well said!  The lesson learnt is that because the boy has lied so many times about Wolf, such that even when he speaks the truth, nobody believes him.  So Auntie Guest, this is called KARMA.  Nobody is empathising with your stubborn defence of your Goddess.

Nightingale,

It's nice to have you here and read your common-sense posts to this "Guest" aka "Sun Sun" aka "whatever".  He doesn't give up, sign that he is a masochist.  It is all very humorous...

I just love it when once again one or more totally anonymous guests - or just one using proxy servers - throw out one single petty accusation without ever answering the many, many hugely serious questions which have been posed in this thread about Sun Ho, her massive expenditure in the USA for many years which it has been alleged in many knowledgeable sources as including paying DJs to get to the top of one known to b dodgy billboard chart.

So lets get rid of this anonymous ranting n get back to specifics. Here r some of the questions posed in this thread - n to which answers hv NOT been provided by anonymous. Perhaps now anonymous will give readers the courtesy of answers to each n every one. If he fails to answer then of course hes a total sham!

How is it that someone who appears in a vdo featuring near nakedness, violence n totally unChristian words is qualified to become a pastor?

NEVER ANSWERED!

5. A pastor must be holy (Titus 1:8). His life is devoted wholeheartedly to Jesus externally and internally. Oh really? Who can put hand on heart n say Sun Hos sexy violent vdos were devoted solely to Jesus? BS! They were exercises in self gratification!

6. A pastor must be spiritually mature (1 Tim 3:6). Positions of authority without spiritual maturity lead to the trap of pride. When pride grows in a man, sin abounds. Sun Hos career wreaks of pride!

http://www.acts29.com/biblical-qualifications-of-a-pastor/

NEVER ANSWERED!

N it was to write n publish this kind of utter crap that the CHC decided to send Sun Ho to live in a Hollywood mansion at $28,000 a month? A criminal use of others money!

What has this to do with God? Where is God mentioned? What has this to do with saving souls for God - their stated objective? Absolutely nothing! ... How many souls did she save in the years she spent there? Making this sort of rubbish, probably none!

Sun Ho wld hv done well to recall that when 17 yr old Michael Chang won the French Tennis Open in 1989 he publicly thanked God for his victory. A cringing moment for those watching it, but at least he made public his faith. Sun Ho preached only murder n drudgery. What a twisted vision of God n heaven these CHC crooks must imagine! N this twisted person is now running the CHC!!

NEVER ANSWERED!

For your info, Sun successfully converted Lady Saw into a devout Christian.

Since 2009, Lady Saw has retired from the reggae scene and is a nun now.

PROVED TO BE A LIE - SEE FOLLOWING POST

Love to know where u get that nonsense from for its not on any of the sites on the internet dealing with Lady Saw.

In a vdo of a radio interview in Jamaica in June 2015 Lady Saw - 

1. denies she has converted to Christianity!

2. says she does not like the churches where u get envelopes to give money!

2. confirms she has a lot of projects in the pipeline and will never retire!

So where did this idea of her "successful" conversion by Sun Ho n her retirement to a nunnery come from?

NEVER ANSWERED!

Our libelling guest might take a look at the Guardian online newspaper in England today n the article about the need for the Church to talk to more people about Jesus. Its main relevance to the CHC n other similar "churches" is found in its opening lines - 

It certainly wasnt true of Sun Hos $50 million adventure in the US of A. Weve already seen that the report made here of Lady Saw being converted n entering a nunnery by Sun Ho is ridiculously false. Naturally it was made anonymously!

Hv CHC members been given an audit showing the number of other souls she saved during the fun times she had there? Was it 1,000 - at $50,000 per head? Might it hv been just 100 at $500,000 a pop? Or was it maybe a mere 10 at $5 million each? Or was it all just a sham n not one soul was saved?

Hv members been told at how many Churches n on how many occasions she preached during that mightily expensive joyride over several years?

NEVER ANSWERED!

She was already a Billboard-charting superstar who had attended the Grammy's, worked with Wyclef Jean, Olivia Newton-John, Wayne Isham, Joseph Kahn, Laurieann Gibson, Tony Moran etc.  She is no 'unknown singer' as you say and is definitely able to hold her own on CSI New York, Miami and Dancing with the Stars!  Haha

PROVED TO BE LIES AS IT WAS ALL PAID FOR BY MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY - NOT TALENT

Hv u not been reading many of the earlier posts here?

Of course the budget hd to b way higher than for albums of Beyonce n Shakira. No one knew Sun!! Everyone knew the other two artistes!! Or r u not aware of that?

The Billboard chart which she topped ws a pay for play chart only for DJs - not public sales. Pay the DJs n they play ur music. Plain n simple. Thats a well known fact in the music industry. With tens of millions at her disposal, Sun cld hv topped that chart dozens of times if shed wanted. Billboard superstar she was not!

U clearly do not know the music industry. With enough money unknowns can buy their way into songs with the singers u mention. With an expensive influential PR company, singers can buy their way into the Grammys - although to be fair I have no idea if that was true in Sun Hos case or not.

"Definitely able to hold her own on CSI New York, Miami and Dancing with the Stars?" What a total joke! Now u will tell us she was a member of the acting Union - the Screen Actors Guild! But that would b impossible because she had built up no acting credits in US television or movie roles! N without those credits, Sun Ho wild not hv been granted membership. N without membership she cld not have appeared in those shows! Even if she were in the SAG, Id bet a lot of cash that the producers n directors of the CSI series wild never hv cast an unknown. Unless of course she played a corpse!

But then again, the promo plan was to promote an album. What has appearing as an actor in a drama series got to do with promoting an album? If she was such a "superstar" as you say, she would hv no need to pay millions to appear in a drama series.

NEVER ANSWERED. DOES SUN HO HAVE AN SAG MEMBERSHIP CARD - MEANING IS SHE PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED TO APPEAR IN ANY TV DRAMA SERIES IN THE USA? WED LOVE TO KNOW.

The fact is that even with the CHCs massive dollops of cash Sun Ho got absolutely nowhere in her expensive years the USA - apart from a massive amount of paid for self promotion n a hugely expensive $10 million or so album which never even went on sale!

Ill make another bet with the name-calling anonymous poster/s whose behaviour is akin to a schoolboy bully: why r u so afraid to give straight answers to the above questions? Might it b perhaps because you cannot? Because Sun Hos venture into the USA had nothing to do with saving souls for the Lord?

Let me suggest one more thing. Once the CHC crooks hv been sentenced, the Singapore Charities Comissioner will b taking an extensive look at all the shenanigans involving Sun Ho in the USA n the use of CHC funds to promote her career. I doubt if this tale of theft n misdeeds has even reached the midway stage. 

Edited by wozzit

SHOUT UP TO THE SKY. HEY GOD YOU REALLY THERE OR NOT? AND IF YOU ARE THERE, ARE YOU GOING TO PUNISH THESE BASTARDS OR SHOULD WE?

AGAIN.... NO ANSWER.

LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keay-nigel/after-13-years-im-leaving-christianity_b_8488624.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I grew up in a Buddhist household. I was only introduced to Christianity when I was 13. That was back in the early 2000s. A classmate had invited me to her youth church. She was a new convert herself.

Occupying a single floor in a washed-up industrial building in central Singapore, the church was definitely not your usual kind. The service was held in a plain looking office-space-turned-seminar-room which could sit around 60-80 people. Oddly, I didn't see any crucifix or portrait of Jesus.

The service started with what they called "Praise and Worship," which I expected to be some hymn singing, except that the lights went off, a spotlight shone onto the stage, and the lead singer shouted into the mic, IS ANYONE READY TO PRAISE GOD!!!

Suddenly I was transposed to a mini rock concert. The congregation raised their hands and voice, some were even on their feet jumping. I was blown away.

Slowly, I joined in. I thought it would be less awkward to just imitate what people were doing, rather than stand out like a noob. In retrospect, it was a significant moment and decision for me: I had made myself a part of them, instead of apart from them.

That day at the altar call, I gave my life to Jesus.

Another thing you should know about me is that I'm gay.

Surprising or not, in church, nothing much was said about boy-boy or girl-girl relationship. It was as though same-sex love/attraction didn't exist within the church at all.

Then one weekend, my church invited Sy Rogers, an ex-gay pastor, to talk to us about "sexual brokenness." Rogers shared his personal story of how God helped him abandon his homosexual ways. He even got married and had a kid. It was the perfect story of redemption. As an impressionable teen, I was entranced by his life-altering story.

When Rogers called for those who needed to be prayed for, I went forth. Come to think of it, that moment was essentially my first coming out experience. Sure I felt exposed, but at the same time, relieved too. Like homosexuality was a disease, and my desperate confession to God was the cure.

But after a week or so, I slipped back to feeling those sinful urges. My same-sex attraction didn't just go away in the name of God. There ain't no miracle.

In secret, I continued my prayers to be healed.

Over a short period of three years, the church grew from under 200 youths to over 800-1000. It's remarkable that most of this work was done by underaged teenagers. "We need to grow the body of Christ," they would tell us, over and over.

Teenagers were trained to be part-time evangelists. Each of us had a target list  --  friends and schoolmates whom we thought could be potential converts.

Yet, as the church became more and more goal-orientated and obsessed with expansion, I felt that it had forgotten about its own people.

As I grew more and more distant, I started to realize that many of its teachings were not quite right too. For instance, my church would teach us that all other religions are works of Satan. Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism were described as unintelligent religions, their worship of pagan figures, animals and deities as nonsensical and laughable.

I also felt that the church was making use of its members. We were literally like free child labor. Well yes, nobody was forcing us to do anything that we didn't want to, but I think we were sort of brainwashed into following whatever we were told. I guess the community spirit just locked everybody in as well.

One time I was told to clean the floor of the church lobby. As I was on all fours wiping the tiles, an epiphany hit me: Wow, I don't even mop the floor at my own home, and here I am scrubbing floors in public with people walking by? What the hell is going on?

I knew I should feel proud of myself for showing such dedication to the church, but my overzealous commitment to the church was finally burning out. I felt like I had been made use of, exploited even.

After I finally left church in 2006, I went into the gay world. I was discovering a side of myself that's so real yet so falsified by the church. I was happy only for a short while, before becoming incredibly ridden with guilt and shame. I was fearful that I would be punished by God. The stress caused me to spiral into depression.

Six months later, I was too battled to continue on my own, so I joined a new church called City Harvest Church, and started attending service every week again. It was as though I was given a second chance.

Fast forward to 2010, I started college. That year, my church got embroiled in a mega fraud investigation looking at $50 million being misused. At first I was still supportive as I had faith in the pastors of the church. But as I did my own research, I realized that I might have been wrong.

For years and years of listening to the prosperity gospel in church, I had been brainwashed into giving thousands of dollars. Well perhaps deep down, I was trying to "pay my gay sins away." I suspect many closeted gay Christians out there are doing the same. They keep themselves busy with God and the church to avoid the need to come to terms with their true self.

During my four years in university, I took the responsibility to educate myself on the subject of homosexuality. I stopped letting one specific group of people dictate how I should view myself, and other gay people.

I began to see that what it means to be gay is really my own business. How I want to live my life is my choice, not some other people's.

Additionally, I have come to realize that being Christian had shut my mind to concepts and ideas that may be foreign or opposite to our beliefs. No, the problem isn't with Christianity, but the so-called followers of Christ. I can no longer identity with their self-justifying competitiveness, their outright hypocrisy, the hate they harbor towards what their ignorant (brainwashed?) minds do not understand, and the disregard some groups have towards something alien to their belief system.

Dear Christians, do know that just because you think you're right doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong.

Losing my Christian beliefs has definitely helped me see more beauty in the world, especially in other religions and ways of life. While I was studying abroad in India in 2013, and traveling in Japan in 2014, I found that my openness and new attitude had led me to a deeper appreciation of other faiths. I've also become more respectful toward my own family's traditional beliefs.

Though I no longer consider myself a Christian, I'm still keeping a space for God in my heart. I didn't lose my religion. Instead, I'm creating my own. I don't believe that we humans can live and function happily without any belief or faith in something outside of the physical world we live in.

We all need hope -- in something bigger and more powerful than ourselves. Though I think a lot of the time that something cannot be found from the without -- not from the church, or other believers who are more fervent than you, or the priest, or money.

But only from within ourselves.

• G_M changed the title to City Harvest Church Discussion - Kong Hee & Sun Ho (Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.