Male HQ

Moving Files Between External Hard Disks

I bought a 1TB external hard disk recently and wanted to move some of my movie files from another external hard disk to this new hard disk. After using about 500G of space, the move is stopped with the message that the disk is full. Initially, I tried moving 2 or 3 files at a time and it was working but now, even this method does not work.

According the the "My Computer" screen, the disk is only about half full. Disk clean up did not cure the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem and how to resolve this?

I bought a 1TB external hard disk recently and wanted to move some of my movie files from another external hard disk to this new hard disk. After using about 500G of space, the move is stopped with the message that the disk is full. Initially, I tried moving 2 or 3 files at a time and it was working but now, even this method does not work.

According the the "My Computer" screen, the disk is only about half full. Disk clean up did not cure the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem and how to resolve this?

You better check all those transferred files to see if they are OK.

I encountered some problems when doing file transfer like you and some files ended up corrupted and unreadable.My link

did you do a re-partion on your new hard disk? and quick format before when you start copying files? .. never never use cut and paste, it will sometimes corrupt your files if it is too big or when your pc is busy doing other tasks.

So what are the other "safe" methods to transfer big files (eg. 1 to 2GB)?

I did try to copy and paste instead and then erase after testing transferred file - again all except 1 file cannot be erased!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.