Male HQ

Teochew Porridge Recommendations

Theres this place I'll like to recommend that serve great Taiwan porridge instead and it is in a buffet style.

I prefer Taiwanese porridge for its finer porridge texture and the sweet potatoes chunks inside.

There are more than 20 dishes from the buffet table which includes the ever popular chai poh egg omelette, braised pork belly or kong bak, steam minced pork with salted eggs etc. :thumb: :thumb:

Ths most important is the price; per pax is only @ $11.80/$13.80++ for weekdays and weekends which I think is value for money. :thumb: :thumb:

For the comfort, ambience and the food quality, you are paying not much more that those ala carte Teochew porridge stores.

The place : Quality Hotel (formerly Robinson Hotel) at Balestier Road, just after Moulmein Road Junction.

The buffet is served only for dinner from 6-10pm.

However, if you feel like spending or want to impress someone, you can for roughly the same fare at Goodwood Park Hotel coffeehouse for their Taiwan Porridge Buffet at more than double the price!

Just to add,if you decide to dine at Quality Hotel for the porridge buffet, you may want to make reservations one week earlier. I am not sure if I am the only unlucky one but there were at least three occasions that i couldn't get a seat even when I called 3~5 days beforehand.

wow..must be really popular. Ok will call in advance :) Thanks for the advise.

anyone tried Teo Heng?

they got 2 outlet, one at Amoy Str food cenre and the other at Upper Cross St food centre

like the way they do their braised eggs, yolk is orange color and real soft inside, sometimes even liquid, like century egg.

the sotong with orange sauce and braised duck is also nice.

their salted vegetable is also special and they also put fish in there to cook in it;s gravvy.

but bear in mind, it's not going to be cheap.

I had that for breakfast last time and it cost me $19.00

• 2 weeks later...

I usually eat at the Geylang Lor 39 teochew porridge...

the other place is at Simon Road shophouse off upp serangoon road

on upp serangoon road itself there are two more near the Maybank branch... opposite the Punggol Nasi Lemak place... variety is quite expansive, and price is not bad either.

haha... i could never remember the names... just know how to get there...

• 5 months later...

Have you tried this GU ZAO REN SEAFOOD TAIWAN PORRIDGE,

it's not Teochew porridge per se, but it's definitely worth having a go at it!

Gu-Lao-Ren.jpg

391 Changi Road

Singapore 419840

Tel: 6844 3302

6 Jalan Bukit Merah

ABC Brickworks Market & Food Centre

#01-142/143

Singapore 150006

HP: 8188 3668

110 Yishun Ring Road

#01-401

Singapore 760110

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest

The porridge store has a large spread. What are the die die must try dishes.

I always seem to be ordering same thing, vege, steam egg and sweet sour pork. No difference from those chinese rice store.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.