Male HQ

Where To Get Ingredients?

Guest disillusioned

Guest disillusioned

i'm just a guy who enjoys cooking, trying new stuff and whipping out dishes for my loved ones and friends.

does anyone know where to get more "exotic" ingredients like saffron, fresh vanilla pods, fresh herbs and many others? i know some specialty supermarkets do carry some of these items but i am not sure of the exact location.

would really appreciate some information. thanks in advance!

i'm just a guy who enjoys cooking, trying new stuff and whipping out dishes for my loved ones and friends.

does anyone know where to get more "exotic" ingredients like saffron, fresh vanilla pods, fresh herbs and many others? i know some specialty supermarkets do carry some of these items but i am not sure of the exact location.

would really appreciate some information. thanks in advance!

You can find some exotic ingredients at NTUC Finest (I usually go to the one at somerset). You can definitely find saffron, fresh herbs, and fresh vanilla pods there. For more extensive range you can try Marketplace (e.g. at Tanglin Mall) although the prices are higher since it caters to expats. If you use fresh vanilla pods on a regular basis, you can get it from Phoon Huat at Chip Bee garden. I use that alot in my baking. If you find fresh herbs expensive, you can substituted it with dried ones, just make sure you scale down the amounts.

You can also try growing certain herbs at home. Some of my friends grow Italian basil and rosemary in their gardens.

Guest disillusioned

ohh okay that's cool. i won't mind growing my own herbs but there's no one to look after them since i'm now in NS..

does fairprice finest carry products such as balsamic vinegar, arrborio rice and others?

ohh okay that's cool. i won't mind growing my own herbs but there's no one to look after them since i'm now in NS..

does fairprice finest carry products such as balsamic vinegar, arrborio rice and others?

Yes NTUC finest do carry balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, arborio rice and many more. You will be surprised by what you can find there. Cold storage would carry these items too esp. the centrepoint branch.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.