Male HQ

Anyone Can Help?

Guest Mature53

Guest Mature53

I bought a wrong software office 2010 instead of office 2007 for my friend from recent IT show, my friend refuse to take, and the receipt does not show the contact no. of the company, what should I do?

Thanks for advise, take good care!

Call the IT fair, give them your receipt no and pray they can trace it. Better yet, a description and estimated location of the stall. Details like the person who served you, the colour of their shirt, or any distinctive trademark of theirs will come in handy. Stalls nearby may help in pinpointing the precise location. Your estimate time of purchase may come in handy but doubt it will... all e best.

Guest Ironrod

I bought a wrong software office 2010 instead of office 2007 for my friend from recent IT show, my friend refuse to take, and the receipt does not show the contact no. of the company, what should I do?

What's wrong with Office 2010??? Isn't newer better?

Guest Purchase

Agreed with the following advices:

1. Ask ur friend to see u no more. You called this type of friend 'stranger'.

2. Called the organizer as there are not many selling sw I hope.

My inputs:

1. Never buy sw or hw or in fact anything for friends unless necessary. U know there are always exception. The exception means he or she deserves your risk or u buy for them as a gift.

2. The MS 2010 should be better than MS 2007, unless his HW is ....... Made in 2006/7 and before which you should tell 'ur friend' to upgrade his HW lah. Don't be a pussy.

3. But if he got used to 2007, 2010 take times to adapt. Also, I don't see in IT show selling 2007 but only 2010. Why he asked u to buy where u r not even IT savvy? Btw, tell ur friend not many use 2010. Even is 2010, u can save under 2007(.doc format). I've both versions.

4. Get the coy name that u bought from, do a goggle search and call them. Fastest and direct way.

My inputs:

1. Never buy sw or hw or in fact anything for friends unless necessary. U know there are always exception. The exception means he or she deserves your risk or u buy for them as a gift.

2. The MS 2010 should be better than MS 2007, unless his HW is ....... Made in 2006/7 and before which you should tell 'ur friend' to upgrade his HW lah. Don't be a pussy.

3. But if he got used to 2007, 2010 take times to adapt. Also, I don't see in IT show selling 2007 but only 2010. Why he asked u to buy where u r not even IT savvy? Btw, tell ur friend not many use 2010. Even is 2010, u can save under 2007(.doc format). I've both versions.

4. Get the coy name that u bought from, do a goggle search and call them. Fastest and direct way.

My inputs:

Thanks for all the advises and suggestion.

Thanks for all the advises and suggestion.

Yes, I also do not see what is wrong with using MS Office 2010.

If it is about the format, 2007 is already saving in a format with the x behind (docx, xlsx, etc) and it is also just a simple change in the options to switch back to the back-dated format.

Actually I felt that even if you contact the company that you purchase 2010 from, there is little chance of them still having the older versions; but I could be wrong.

All the best~

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." -- Leo F. Buscaglia

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.