Male HQ

How Not To Look Gay

xanava

i would say that you have to conform social norms like behaving "like a guy" and acting "masculine" is the best way if you want to look straight.

so no acting "feminine" because that is very readily associated with being "sissy or gay"

• 5 months later...
Guest Compromised

I've noticed that in singapore if you are openly gay you have to dress in muted tones whereas if you are innately gay but married to the opposite sex you can dress as loud, colorful and gay as you want. This 潜规则 also applies in malaysia. You can't have it both ways and be too expressive here. This rule doesn't apply to tourists - especially the rich ones - in both lands. They are wanted for their tourism dollars. 

• 2 months later...
Guest 壯漢0號
On 28/08/2016 at 4:20 PM, Guest Gay??? said:

What does a gay look like in the first place?

High eyebrows, pouty lips, swaying hips, point pinky, wearing very tight clothes with vibrant colors, laughing out loud, fixated look at other male bulge.

It is 2016. Humans has never been more technologically advanced. But we still care about how we are and who we are to others...

Instead of celebrating diversity, we hide ourselves in pursuit of heteronormativity. I sometimes wonder when one conforms, are we able to perform at our very best? If we become so generic, what is our unique selling point? Why should someone pay us well or look to us for new ideas when we are overly concerned about doing things or act in ways as the majority. 

27 minutes ago, Guest Fuwar said:

It is 2016. Humans has never been more technologically advanced. But we still care about how we are and who we are to others...

Instead of celebrating diversity, we hide ourselves in pursuit of heteronormativity. I sometimes wonder when one conforms, are we able to perform at our very best? If we become so generic, what is our unique selling point? Why should someone pay us well or look to us for new ideas when we are overly concerned about doing things or act in ways as the majority. 

meaning? :huh:

It is my hope that everyone will be free to express themselves as who they are. I think for too long, some boys have been disciplined for being "sissy" or "effeminate" by their parents, particularly fathers. They were told such behaviours are unacceptable for boys, and they were never told why. Instead, most boys grew up associating such behaviours as being shameful and unmanly, thinking that any sign of "softness" needs to be squashed.

For gay men, some overcompensate by bulking up, going to the gym, giving the appearance ultra masculinity, others struggle with shame by conforming to what is expected. There was even one gay man who documented his experience in a documentary, Do I Sound Gay? and went for speech therapy etc. to change the way he speaks. 

Accept yourself. If you cannot accept yourself first, others won't. 

Love. 

7 hours ago, Guest guesty said:

meaning? :huh:

It is a question on whether trying to be straight acting is good or not. After all, it is about suppressing oneself as doncoin have shared. I find that the most successful people in the world assert their own identity or are at least comfortable with it rather than suppress it.

10 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

lol!

laughing out loud is a very gayish behaviour??

What is high eyebrow??

High eyebrow?no idea.i mean staring at the crotch.hehe

Tight clothing ok wat.gayish meh.i wear tight clothes n my frens n colleagues say i look young.hahaha..

8 minutes ago, cutejack said:

High eyebrow?no idea.i mean staring at the crotch.hehe

Tight clothing ok wat.gayish meh.i wear tight clothes n my frens n colleagues say i look young.hahaha..

oh, I rem u saying the "last two" items including laughing loudly

I think generally straight men, don't like it too tight...metrosexuals probably yes

but most of those I have seen, dont

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

look at brian wong, kumar, dick lee, chong ching,vincent ng, desmond koh, desmond tan, romea tan,hussan leong,david gan Wonder do they look gay?

Are all of them confirmed gay in the first place or not?

43 minutes ago, mate69 said:

Dress like an uncle.

Short sleeved shirts, preferably with check patterns, and tucked out.

Dress like an uncle don't looks like gay?

3 hours ago, mate69 said:

Dress like an uncle.

Short sleeved shirts, preferably with check patterns, and tucked out.

Wear black plastic nerdy spec 

Side parting hair with cream

Loose pants with pleats

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

12 hours ago, cutejack said:

Aiyah generally , usually hor thru my experience n observation gays r more into fashion n stylish.those str8 after got married they neglect or simply dont bother to keep themselves looking good. Bochap one. I mean mostly.hahaha..

Cutejk

So u can be quite stylish lah?

general comments about gay and testing, I can imagine how many of us will fail the test in:

Guest FattChoy88

If you have a manly body and mannerism, you could wear anything from pink thongs to plunging v neck tight blouses and even bicycle tights and not look sissy or gay.  For example Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle locking lips (go YouTube that), Brad Pitt as Archilles  and Tom Cruise as Lestat.   

On the other hand if you have the mannerism of an ah gua, you will still look gay in anything from an army uniform to a manual labour's overall.  You can even look gay in a surgeon's uniform, gloves and behind a mask and cap.  

If I have a top 5 list of loud non-sissy but gay clothes,  imo it would be

1/ t-shirts like superdry,  af and holister as well as clothes with bears or bear paws plus rugby shirts.  

2/ white shorts / cargo pants / long pants

3/ anklet socks with loud coloured shoes

4/ tank tops with unsubtle patterns esp worn to non sporting places like malls

5/ tight anything.

If you see more than one guy wearing one of the above walking together, they're 300% gay.

If you want to look ungay,  wear anything uniqlo.  Or have your biological dad pick out some clothes for himself and you wear them.

Guest NannyState
18 minutes ago, hannibalism said:

it's depressing that we are behaving like juvenile teenagers right here, right now. 

Born on a silver spoon, and worst when the gahmen made every decision for these people.

12 hours ago, Guest Neh Neh said:

Saw an ang mo with big ass in tight jean walking with swaying ass. So gay... i thought but he looks straight. Confused.

Swaying ass equal gay?

just start protesting loudly about how gays disgusts you and do everything in your power to demean gays all the time. liddat confirm nobody will think you're gay. remember, everyone around you need to know how un-gay you are at all times. if they don't hear you, they'll think you're gay.

Edited by EasleyLim

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Guest FattChoy88 said:

Oh dear, I can't hide it. I walk like Elsa while singing Let it go, Let it go!!!

Looks like I hit a raw nerve, and hv someone phish my account. 

It's OK to be sissy, not your fault your parents made u that way.  

Haha..... try again next life.

Edited by FattChoy

• 7 months later...
Guest David Loo

While going back to my place this evening, auntie asked me if I went to Pink Dot. Actually I did not, I watched movie. I'm also discreet gay and haven't come out yet but it seems that I look gay for some. Should I grow moustache or have more squarish jaw to make me look more manly?

Auntie as in neighbor?

How old r u?

Ever brought gals home?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest good jack

i remember used to get those name calling during kids (especially from my family, they really hard on me, even call me sissy for using man facial wash foam, that year of 1993-1994. man product toiletries still such a weird thing i guess

Maybe due to this name calling punishment, i changed myself become manly and nvr look back and i also dont feel its a thing that i hide or suppress inside that i will go flamboyant the moment nobody see me. those bit of sissy-ness just disappear as i grown up.

how not to look gay, for me

dont wear too loud, colorful top n bottom at the same time, end of you look like clown.

dont be too particular with stuff, easy going

dont wear too many blings especially those THIN silver or gold necklace.

dont cross your leg like it wont squeeze your balls lol youknow the one like sharon stone in the movie

dont wear shorts that too short

Guest Hunk

Train the body way too much but mannerism is female like. 

Always in the company of "sisters" as above.

I would choose a unfit straight act over a fit guniang haha.

Guest hitthegym
4 hours ago, Guest Hunk said:

Train the body way too much but mannerism is female like. 

I would choose a unfit straight act over a fit guniang haha.

I gym so much to look manly. Also alter my standing posture to split my legs and hip and crotch protrude slightly forward. Yet whenever I wear a fitting low cut tanktop I get mixed confusing comments.  Some say 'wahh very sexy' some say 'huhh so gay'.  Different flower appeal to different eyes.

3 hours ago, Guest Hardy said:

Is Plucking eyebrows could make you look gay?

No. It means you're well-groomed. 

Basically I think many people confused being well-groomed with being gay. Has anyone ever had an issue of looking straight? So why is looking gay such an issue? You're gay. Accept yourself for everything that makes you unique. If anyone tells you to tone it down, and how "not to look gay" the problem is with them. Not you. They are the ones having problems with you the way you are. 

Love. 

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, Guest hitthegym said:

I gym so much to look manly. Also alter my standing posture to split my legs and hip and crotch protrude slightly forward. Yet whenever I wear a fitting low cut tanktop I get mixed confusing comments.  Some say 'wahh very sexy' some say 'huhh so gay'.  Different flower appeal to different eyes.

gym itself means having one possibility of being gay

(didn't u read the saunas of what prawns and all the muscular mary standing at the walls awaiting for their runway show?)

a married man who have child likely will not be bothered w gym (married man doesn't mean old uncle , some get married at 20 something)

a man is himself a man without the need to build extra muscles to define himself further

I agree with this:

to hit the bulleyes, I will pick some unfit (not too large size lah)for sure they are straights, but quite a high % of a perky butt, or a gym goer that is constantly into muscles-bulking, very likely are....look at some of the instagram or FB photos of such gym pics, and from some of their dialogues/content sharing, it all give away that they are very likely to be gay

I never like Generalising , I agree there are VERY rare exception nevertheless

what's wrong with looking gay? that's what you are, you are a gay man.

so look gay - can be gay feminine, gay masculine, any which gay, any which way.

those who have comments, they are only comments. just words and noise.

you don't need to respond or care.

you are a strong gay man, and strength does not yield to nonsense. 

19761676_1915087265432328_73840970244271

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• Guest locked this topic