Male HQ

Victor's Kitchen Service Sucks!

Not sure if any one of you has encountered this at Victor's Kitchen in Sunshine Plaza. Apparently, serving some of the best dim sum in Singapore.

My friend and I dropped by on Sunday and we found an empty table so we just decided to sit there.

The waitress from China looked at the both of us and passed a curt remark "There is only two of you?"

A bit rudes, but no problem, we can grin and bear it. She then added salt to the wound and said since there were only two of us, we will need to wait until two spare places free up at the other tables. The empty table which we were sitting at was meant for a party of four.

WTF!!!! Are two customers too few for their kitchen?

At this point, we just decided to leave. So no matter how good their dim sum was, I will never head back there again.

Wow.. such good service?!

I think how a service staff portrays themselves are very important. I was in T3 coffeeclub sometime for a meal. For those unsure how T3 coffeeclub looks like.. it's basically an open concept dining area. There's a "please wait to be seated" signage at the "main entrance". A couple with 2 foreign friends didn't realised that probably, came in by the side and sat down at one of the vacant table. The staff went over, politely explained that although the table is vacant and it seems nobody is in quene, there were reservation made earlier. The couple and friends simply got out and wait. They were, in fact apologetic to the staff.

Nerdy 69 - May I assume the above scenario that happened to you, the waitress should have be more polite in her manners. Of course, if Victor's Kitchen is free seating, (haven't been there, sorry i won't know how it operates) then she ought to be re-trained again.

And I hope you are not fuming now. :)

Edited by thorzguy

Not surprised - the first and only time I went there, I found a dead fly at the bottom of my porridge.

Made a big fuss at the store and was asked if I wanted to change another bowl.....

I sarcastically remarked: "Not really unless it comes with two flies instead of one..."

The lady was not amused. Neither was I.

So that was the first and last time I went there.

:angry2:

Not sure if any one of you has encountered this at Victor's Kitchen in Sunshine Plaza. Apparently, serving some of the best dim sum in Singapore.

My friend and I dropped by on Sunday and we found an empty table so we just decided to sit there.

The waitress from China looked at the both of us and passed a curt remark "There is only two of you?"

A bit rudes, but no problem, we can grin and bear it. She then added salt to the wound and said since there were only two of us, we will need to wait until two spare places free up at the other tables. The empty table which we were sitting at was meant for a party of four.

WTF!!!! Are two customers too few for their kitchen?

At this point, we just decided to leave. So no matter how good their dim sum was, I will never head back there again.

• 1 month later...

This is probably a shop front to launder money for the mainlanders...

they are not really out to do business... they just open it, and claim it made lots of money, with the books to say so... and pay taxes on time.

perfect money laundering front...

Guest Head or Tail?

When the staff behaved as such, the boss is not much a better person too. The blind leading the blind, otherwise I don't think the salary-earners wanted to go against any customer that walked in. They must have tried to observe the shop culture and protocol laid down by their boss.

Indeed, the service really sucks. When I went there, I ordered the iced milk tea (the one in the bowl of ice) and I got a hot milk tea instead. I told the staff about the mistake and she sarcastically remarked in Chinese, "The weather so cold drink iced tea for what?". I let that slide. Though it wasn't very crowded, the food still took about 15 minutes to arrive. My parents got impatient and asked if they forgot our orders and the same service staff was cranky as usual. The food, however, was really good, especially the pan-fried chee cheong fun and the prawn pancake. I've been there a few times, and I did see the boss argue with a customer on one occasion. If you're not one who's easily offended, this is definitely a must-visit.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.