Male HQ

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Guest Marad44

Guest Marad44
Hey, I was there from Sep to Dec 2009. Though I didn't do much, I missed the place. What are you there for, on an annual basis?

Greetings c0oldud3. I migrated here from Singapore 21 years ago. Being a recent PR of Singapore, I live in both countries and travel around on the meager pensions. :rolleyes:

Guest Marad44

c0oldud3, I return in the winter and sometimes summer as well. I have been to Brentwood for Malaysian/Singapore groceries, a short walk from the train station. My station is Erlton Stampede. See map below.

CTMap13-07062011_01.jpg

Edited by Marad44

Guest Marad44

Probably Calgary's best gay guest house (10-min walk from my place) and other gay attractions: http://www.gaywestwa...gaycalgary.html

Cruising spots in Calgary. Talisman Centre is a hop, step and a jump, as it's on the same park where I am: http://www.cruisinggays.com/Calgary/5/

Calgary's GLBT watering holes. Strippers at The Twisted Element: http://calgary.gaycities.com/bars/

Calgary's Mayor as the Gay Pride Marshall:

Edited by Marad44

Guest justnfresh

I went to Calgary for a week end of Nov in 2008 to visit some friends. We drove to Banff NP and also to Drumheller. The road to Banff was simply gorgeous. A thin layer of ice has already formed on Lake Louise. It was really beautiful but cold!

Guest Marad44

The great white north with unending highway and rural scene is a land like no other.

Below are 3 photos I took in Calgary yesterday.

1) Downtown Calgary. The Saddle Dome on right and Stampede Grounds on left. You can see the chuck wagon race tracks covered in snow.

011_01111204DowntownCalgaryfromhill.jpg

2) Rocky Mountains in the background, taken across the Stampede Grounds where the Canadian flag is hoisted. Beyond the western mountains is British Columbia where Vancouver is the capital. Behind and to the left of the flag pole is the red-lighted 24-hr Humpty's Family Restaurant, facing my condo complex, with snow-covered black roof.

012_01111204CalgaryStampedeGroundsRockyMountains.jpg

3) Snow-covered Benches on the look-out point where I photographed from.

017_01111204BenchesinSnow.jpg

• 8 months later...

hi, hi... think i'll be heading there in oct-nov...

my sis is residing in vancouver currently... there is recession in vancouver and she's out of job, getting a job in calgary... haiz...

so have to fly there and help her move...

gonna have a 12hr roadtrip from vancouver to calgary... anything to look out for...?

and plus, i hear calgary is a redneck state. is this true?

• 2 years later...
Guest Marad44

Having returned to Calgary from Singapore the end November 2012, I am about to take wings to the island September 1st, for a 9-month stay and travel. On my wish list are Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia and Cambodia. Time and money permitting, perhaps Indonesia and Philippines as well.

Flight Route: Calgary (Alberta) - Vancouver (British Columbia) - Narita - Singapore

Sep2014YYC-SINFlightRoute.jpg

Edited by Marad44

Guest Marad44

the pics are so nice

one of the pics..

look like a stadium or something

Your observation is correct marriedmly. The indoor stadium is the Saddldome, shaped like a horse saddle and the open one is the grand stand, both on the Calgary Stampede grounds:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=calgary+stampede+grounds&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=1xYAVIjxHuj5iwLa_IHYAw&ved=0CEUQsAQ

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.