Male HQ

Any Suggestion For Labtops?

I am recently deciding to buy a new labtop..

my budget is around 800 sing dollars..

any one telling me which brand or which serie i should buy?

mainly i am doing softwares like photoshop ,cad and so on..

i am really an idiot in choosing computers haha looking for suggestions

Whatever the brand of laptop you choose, I recommend that you put priority in the memory (based on your work needs). The higher the better. And, perhaps, a good resolution screen with a dedicated graphic card.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Whatever the brand of laptop you choose, I recommend that you put priority in the memory (based on your work needs). The higher the better. And, perhaps, a good resolution screen with a dedicated graphic card.

thanks, how much memory is consider as good for a normal notebook? and how high resolution? like my current labtop is very dim, compare to my computer....

800 can only get u a normal notebook ... not even good enough for photoshop ....

ya lah, but the labtop im using now was like 1000sd, but i bought in 2009, and was quite ok for photoshop. i think maybe i can find a similar one but with higher memory and screen resolution ha thanks anyway

thanks, how much memory is consider as good for a normal notebook? and how high resolution? like my current labtop is very dim, compare to my computer....

Perhaps, 4GB or 6GB of memory? To keep to your budget, so long the laptop has a dedicated graphic card, should suffice. Of cos, while choosing your laptop, the screen should appeal to your eyes.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Now you can get $899 Core i5 2nd gen Laptop with 4GB RAM.

it will be able to run photoshop well without any problem.

Photoshop don't require powerful machine unless you are into professional graphic editnig(eg 5000px X 4500px).

You can also get AMD A8 or A10(coming out soon) which also fall under this price range. AMD A8 itself support directX 11 and OpenGL 4 without extra Graphic card.(means longer battery life).

AMD Platform is a balance between Graphic and CPU performance aka APU.

Intel Platform is more on CPU performance.

Additional Graphic card will be bonus for both Platform.

(AMD Platform can do something call hybrid Crossfire with AMD Radeon Graphics).

(Switchable GPU is a cool features too).

Edited by SoulSG

Now you can get $899 Core i5 2nd gen Laptop with 4GB RAM.

it will be able to run photoshop well without any problem.

Photoshop don't require powerful machine unless you are into professional graphic editnig(eg 5000px X 4500px).

You can also get AMD A8 or A10(coming out soon) which also fall under this price range. AMD A8 itself support directX 11 and OpenGL 4 without extra Graphic card.(means longer battery life).

AMD Platform is a balance between Graphic and CPU performance aka APU.

Intel Platform is more on CPU performance.

Additional Graphic card will be bonus for both Platform.

(AMD Platform can do something call hybrid Crossfire with AMD Radeon Graphics).

(Switchable GPU is a cool features too).

Thanks that is very helpful

• 4 weeks later...

But to do graphics on computers it's a bit irritating to do on small screens etc. So should get as large as possible. Actually, desktop's best for this kinda work...get cheap large monitors. Whadya going to photoshop in a cafe? :P

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.