Male HQ

Dns Server Response Error

I am having problems with my wireless connection as of late. Sometimes when I boot up my laptop, the connection will be fine before it suddenly drops and then I have to "diagnose" the network connection a few times to get it in decent working order. Other times, it will be wonky the minute my laptop has booted up. For the most part, when I have finally diagnosed the problem, it is due to the DNS server response. (I apologize, but I forgot to take screencaps during the melee.) 

I went on Google for solutions but they don't seem to work for me. Right now I am still diagnosing, and I also checked the "Enable WLAN connection settings" just so that this whole thing will not frustrate me in the meantime. So far, it is okay but I don't want to jinx my luck and I am looking for a permanent solution.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Help please?

I am having problems with my wireless connection as of late. Sometimes when I boot up my laptop, the connection will be fine before it suddenly drops and then I have to "diagnose" the network connection a few times to get it in decent working order. Other times, it will be wonky the minute my laptop has booted up. For the most part, when I have finally diagnosed the problem, it is due to the DNS server response. (I apologize, but I forgot to take screencaps during the melee.) 

I went on Google for solutions but they don't seem to work for me. Right now I am still diagnosing, and I also checked the "Enable WLAN connection settings" just so that this whole thing will not frustrate me in the meantime. So far, it is okay but I don't want to jinx my luck and I am looking for a permanent solution.

Has anyone ever encountered this? Help please?

Are you using singnet?

Might due to his LAN .. i think..

Are you using DSL/ADSL or Fibre?

Try switch off and on your router. Don't switch on so fast, wait for a few minutes then switch back on.

Check your cables whether connected properly?

Might due to his LAN .. i think..

Are you using DSL/ADSL or Fibre?

Try switch off and on your router. Don't switch on so fast, wait for a few minutes then switch back on.

Check your cables whether connected properly?

I am using DSL/ADSL (positively ancient I know! LOL)

I have done that a few times actually, before and after shutting down my laptop. Only temporary, I am afraid.

Right now the "WLAN" option is working fine, but again I don't want to jinx it until I am sure I have to keep it on permanently.

I think the issue is with Starhub DNS (Domain Name System). Sometimes the servers may be overloaded so that cant return your query in time.

Actually, why not you point your DNS to somewhere else like google?

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/how-to-change-your-dns-to-google-dns.html
I think u need to select IPv4. Other than, you can follow everything.

I think the issue is with Starhub DNS (Domain Name System). Sometimes the servers may be overloaded so that cant return your query in time.

err... mav.. for him better dont la. Just stick to the local DNS Domain..

remember he said that the he dont want to mess it.... LOLOL

No, I am using Starhub. The router is the Cisco DPC3825.

I am using DSL/ADSL (positively ancient I know! LOL)

I have done that a few times actually, before and after shutting down my laptop. Only temporary, I am afraid.

Right now the "WLAN" option is working fine, but again I don't want to jinx it until I am sure I have to keep it on permanently.

Starhub ah? If Starhub, then it is not DSL/ADSL.

Starhub is using Cable Modem. If you see, it is using vision cable connecting to the TV Socket.

DSL/ADSL is a connection to telephone line.

I think you call the Starhub regrading the DNS Domain error

cheers :)

Thanks mavricboy! Followed the instructions; I will post and update a few hours later (lol) if it works.

err... mav.. for him better dont la. Just stick to the local DNS Domain..

remember he said that the he dont want to mess it.... LOLOL

Starhub ah? If Starhub, then it is not DSL/ADSL.

Starhub is using Cable Modem. If you see, it is using vision cable connecting to the TV Socket.

DSL/ADSL is a connection to telephone line.

I think you call the Starhub regrading the DNS Domain error

cheers :)

Hahaha yeah with regards to networks and all I don't want to mess with things, scared later I have no Internet, then I die! Should have paid more attention during poly ^^

Oh I see, thanks! Usually I would just refer generically as Internet. Yes, it's connected to the TV socket vision cable. I tried calling Starhub earlier in the day but their automated directories frustrated the hell out of me so I gave up.

Thanks again mavricboy and FizzleBuzz! I will post an update, even if it's bad news :)

Thanks mavricboy! Followed the instructions; I will post and update a few hours later (lol) if it works.

Hahaha yeah with regards to networks and all I don't want to mess with things, scared later I have no Internet, then I die! Should have paid more attention during poly ^^

Oh I see, thanks! Usually I would just refer generically as Internet. Yes, it's connected to the TV socket vision cable. I tried calling Starhub earlier in the day but their automated directories frustrated the hell out of me so I gave up.

Thanks again mavricboy and FizzleBuzz! I will post an update, even if it's bad news :)

welcome bro :)

Me and mavricboy glad to help :)

If you are unable to load any website, you can test if it is DNS related by trying to surf via IP, e.g. entering '203.116.221.170' into your web browser instead of 'http://www.starhub.com'.

A quick method to 'reset' the DNS settings for your windows PC if it's a DNS error..

1. Go to Start > Run or hit Windows Key + R.

2. Type 'cmd' and enter.

3. You will see a black panel.

4. Type 'ipconfig /flushdns' and enter.

Join the official BW Telegram Group Chat: https://bit.ly/frmbw

If you are unable to load any website, you can test if it is DNS related by trying to surf via IP, e.g. entering '203.116.221.170' into your web browser instead of 'http://www.starhub.com'.

A quick method to 'reset' the DNS settings for your windows PC if it's a DNS error..

2. Type 'cmd' and enter.

Thanks Bern! I did as per what you posted as well.

So far I am pleased to report that my connection is well again. Thank you for all your help :)

2. Type 'cmd' and enter.

Thanks Bern! I did as per what you posted as well.

So far I am pleased to report that my connection is well again. Thank you for all your help :)

Oh ya.. why didnt i thought of that... @@

oh well.. long time nvr touch on batch... 

been using C# more than batch/bash .. LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.