Male HQ

Firefox Cannot Launch?

Andy, what kind of error message did you get when trying to launch Firefox? And what did you mean by "trying to recover the system"? How were you trying to recover the system?

For us to assist you, we need more info than what's given. ;)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

hi sundevil,

thanks for the reply and sry for the trouble ... no error messages actually. the window wouldnt pop up no matter how many times i click the icon and/or shortcut.

not sure the exact term to use. but, one could recover the system back to a certain date, rite? e.g. if one pc got something wrong he could 'reset' the system to a date which the computer has back up? humm is this enough..? :(

Andy, you did a System Restore. Actually, I'm with Ikutube on this one...System Restore in Windows XP is total crap. :)

Anyway, why don't you uninstall Firefox, restart your PC and reinstall it again?

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs and search for Mozilla Firefox and click on Remove.

Once the removal process is done, restart your PC and reinstall Firefox again.

Give it a shot and let us know if you still have problems with it. :)

Home PC> Firefox cannot launch :(   and yesterday i tried to recover the system but still cant work.. wat could be the problem? is it corrupted? do i need to reinstall? :(   :(

Before you uninstall:

- Did you recently install any new add-on/plug-in to your firefox browser?

If you have, try uninstall the recent add-on.

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

service.dll file

Hehe, better don't paiseh :D -- Service.Dll is a module which is registered as a trojan!! <_< You recently downloaded p--ns, isit? :rolleyes:

Run your anti-virus/anti-spyware, Andy!

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

Hahaha! All this just because of too much p--n? ;)

Andy, run a Spybot scan on your PC a.s.a.p. because

service.dll is a module which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.

run spybot would be okie is it?

Yes, it should be fine. But first, it is better if you are to update their definition before you run the scan.

Andy, just run anything that you have installed in your PC now. Spybot, Avast, AVG, Norton, Windows Defender etc etc. You just need to remove that trojan from your PC as soon as possible.

Also, please turn off System Restore in XP, because it could back up these virus and trojan, making the likelihood of them returning a definite possibility.

And stop downloading so much Jap p--n! It will only make you blind! :P

Thanks for coming back and letting us know the current situation, Andy :)

Ok, now are safe to 'prawning' again :D

Just a little note: Best if you are to scan all your downloaded files before executing them. I would normally do that to play safe.

Andy, glad to hear that your PC is running perfectly again!

Listen to Ikutube and scan your downloaded stuffs before playing them. Also, as a general rule of thumb, do not download any .exe files from websites that's not familiar to you. Most of these executable files are usually viruses or trojans.

:B)

• 3 weeks later...

my firefox is also behaving strangely...

whenever i visit utube / xtube / anytube types of websites... it will start to slow down and will reach a point where it will just hang.

prob occurs with latest build of firefox + windows vista.

have no problems with other browsers + windows vista.

done the typical spybot / antivirus scan etc.

short of reinstalling firefox.

will just wait for the next release before i uninstall and reinstall...

::edited:: turns out that firefox is memory hog... sad but true. they have not address this issue in their current builds. you'd prob get spikes of 98% cpu usage when using firefox, which explains why surfing to youtube etc causes my system to slow down a lot. this somehow does not happen in the past with older versions of firefox. hope they're working on it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.