Male HQ

Safari For Windows

Apple has officially joined the "browser war"! :clap:

Click here to download Apple's browser for Windows and Mac.

I haven't really tried it though but Steve claimed that it's "2 times faster than IE 7 and 1.6 times faster than Firefox"!

Check it out and let us know if Steve's right! :)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Guest hstnasia

i'm a mac user so Safari is nothing new to me. And speed wise, it's website dependent. Some my Safari load real fast but some are lagged behind IE7 (I'm using Mac and PC to compare the speed). Have downloaded the PC version of Safari, Java applet seem to have a bit of unstability, some page the java load and some doesn't. I think for PC wise the best alternative to IE would be Firefox unless you don't care about Java applet then Opera is one of the fastest for PC.

Joining the browser battle on the Windows PC, Apple today released a beta version of Safari 3, which the company claims is the fastest browser available. According to the company, Safari can render web pages twice as fast as IE7 and up to 1.6 times faster than Firefox 2.

More Read Here - TGDaily

Click Here To Visit My Blog @ "The Blessed Life"

*Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love', in how I speak and in how I see others*

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

as a mac user myself I find safari taking up too much of my 1GB RAM memory, you can't exactly multi-task even with Intel Chip inside your mac when using safari!

camino appeals to me still the most, same coding as the firefox i heard... :) yet to download this new version of camino with crash recovery function! again when i think of it... since when my camino ever crashed on me?

http://rawsotongball.blogspot.com

?????

?????

?????

?????

Guest hstnasia
as a mac user myself I find safari taking up too much of my 1GB RAM memory, you can't exactly multi-task even with Intel Chip inside your mac when using safari!

camino appeals to me still the most, same coding as the firefox i heard... :) yet to download this new version of camino with crash recovery function! again when i think of it... since when my camino ever crashed on me?

Agree that camino is good on Mac but one thing though, it doesn't support Java so some website may not work properly. :(

Just installed it on my laptop running XP. The only thing that impressed me was the speed. It's pretty fast, alright! Not sure if it's as fast as what Steve claimed it to be. :)

My single biggest complain...I cannot minimize the browser from the taskbar. It's outright annoying for us Windows user! :)

SB is right...it's a memory hogger! I think it takes up more RAM than Firefox!

I like the simple and clean interface, though. Mac's aesthetic appeal has always been a huge factor in its success.

I'd like to see more plugins/addons cos' Safari has lots of catching up to do in this area compared to Firefox.

Guess I'll stick with my Firefox for now, but I have to applaud Mac for moving in the right direction here. I do hope that they will come out with a version for Linux in the near future.

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

• 9 months later...

version 3.1 of the safari browser is a good alternative.

as of now it opens uob internet banking and ntuc fairpriceplus internet banking without a glitch... only have problem loading dbs/posb internet banking website.

other problems includes the fact that safari is a memory hog. view the images on my posts to see a comparison of resources when i used the browsers and open the same websites.

Edited by bukitpanjang

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.