Male HQ

All About Hiv / Aids Discussion + I Suspect I Might Have Hiv Symptoms + Hiv Medication Prep + I Tested Positive (Compiled)

Guest breakboy

Hi Everyone

I have just started to see this guy (one week) but from the moment we met I just knew I wanted to be with him, We are both in our 30'ies.

Nothing sexually has happened between us yet and I am aware of safe sex and I have friends that are HIV,so its not as if HIV is all that new to me.

I told a friend back in the UK that I had started to see someone and spoke to them again when he told me he had been diagnosed as HIV, my friend said I should break it off, as I have not known this guy very long and so I should do it now and save any pain in the future.

I met this guy on a gay website, On our 1st date we went to see a movie and just spent hours walking and talking, I have seen him everyday since out first meeting, then the other day he asked if he could come round as he had something to tell me.

He turned up and we sat on my bed and I noticed tears starting to roll down his face, I held his hands and asked him what was wrong???

He said that he had just come back from the Doctors and that he had just been diagnosed with HIV (no more then a hour earlier) and we should stop seeing each other.

Now he had a test in May of this year and he stopped seeing his Ex over 2 years ago (his ex is HIV but never told my BF and he did not find out till after they broke up) So I just don't know why the 1st text was negative.

In no way do I think that my Guy has in anyway lied or tried to hide the truth from me in anyway

I held him tight and said that it makes no difference as to how I feel about him (yes I know it has only been a week)that he is HIV and that I am here to be with him no matter what, I then just held him in my arms while he cried, eventually he managed to fall asleep for a few hours.

The next day he text me asking if I meant what I said and that it will be hard for both of us, I did not even have to think of my reply I told him that we will work on our friendship and relationship together and become even stronger as one

and that's what we are doing

I guess the reason for my post here today is just to make a point that no matter how long you have known someone for or there HIV status You can both make it work or try and make it work if your feelings are strong enough, Don't just walk away (no matter who is doing the walking) Just be honest, truthful and faithful as in my eyes that is all that matters everything else is workable

Thanks for taking the time out to read this

xx

God bless you. You are compassionate and you will be blessed.

Right thinking, HIV is now termed a chronic illness, very much like high-blood pressure and diabetes. As long as the patient takes his medication regularly and practise safe sex, you should have nothing to worry.

May you have a long and happy relationship.

Well, its good that your guy told you. It would have been very hard for him to do so not knowing how you would react.

Honest people are hard to find these days so I am very glad you have decided to keep working on the relationship.

It is a difficult situation but HIV now is not the death sentence it was years before. There are various drugs that keep a body functioning and there is on going research. One day it will be cured - the only question is when.

Till then, I can only wish you the very best. It will take a lot of patience and a lot of courage. Your friend will need support both emotionally and physically.

Take care

You are indeed both a very compassionate and noble guy. Your love for you friend has transcended all boundaries and this is what true love is. Most gay people are attracted by the physical outlook of the other person but you have shown that despite the flaw, you still continue to treasure the relationship. God bless you and I do hope that one day there will be a medical breakthrough to save all HIV positive people.

UKGUY, I am hiv positive and wish I can meet guys like you just to be true friends...I've long given up hope for finding a life partner. I've never been able to meet up with guys since diagnosed hiv+ because I dread the day when I've to disclose my hiv status when the guy want to be more intimate and go beyond being friends. Your friend is indeed very fortunate to have you. When I was first diagnosed I had no one to turned to and went through a very difficult period almost killing myself. Even now I still slip in and out of depression. We don't know what the future will be for both of you but I hope you can help him through this very difficult time in his life.

As mentioned by others here, you are indeed passionate, considerate and brave.

There is nothing wrong to have a HIV+ bf. Its a matter of acceptance and compromise in things to be done together. When come to intimacy, you hv to be more careful and get yourself tested regularly.

Psychologically, you need to prepare to take great care of him incase he fall sick and spend time nursing him one day. However, there are many other illness around, we would never know wat would happen next, such as cancers, strokes etc etc. A healthy person will be suddenly diagnosed to have, say colon cancer. The question now is would the HIV+ bf ready to take care of his cancer stricken partner instead ?

There are cases when HIV+ persons outlived those who are with cancers and other illness. Life is such, enjoy the time with him and treasure each every moment together. God bless :):rolleyes:

Edited by thaiboyz

I would like to echo the sentiments about having a HIV+ guy has your significant other.

There's nothing wrong with that.

We should embrace them and encourage them.

There are lots of medication in the market for HIV+.

What you did is noble and you'll be blessed!

There should be more human beings like yourself and the stigma on HIV+ would be erased!

If you guys know anybody who's HIV+, tell them you care and embrace them.

"It takes more strength to cry...."

M

It is always very difficult in such situtation.

An ex- of my best friend has similar story. Recently, he fell in love deeply with an HIV guy until he decided to come out to his family. He divorced his wife and 2 children and I can say, he almost lost everything. His bf has been in HIV for almost 15 years :(.

My friend couldn't understand why ??? ...

But What I can say is only LOVE. Ask yourself and your heart if you really can ... because it will be very very difficult. Good luck to both of you :thumb:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

UKGUY, I am hiv positive and wish I can meet guys like you just to be true friends...I've long given up hope for finding a life partner. I've never been able to meet up with guys since diagnosed hiv+ because I dread the day when I've to disclose my hiv status when the guy want to be more intimate and go beyond being friends. Your friend is indeed very fortunate to have you. When I was first diagnosed I had no one to turned to and went through a very difficult period almost killing myself. Even now I still slip in and out of depression. We don't know what the future will be for both of you but I hope you can help him through this very difficult time in his life.

Dear hivpos and other HIV positive friends,

The pain you are going through is unimaginable. I sincerely hope that you will eventually recover from the psychological pain and live a happy, normal life with an understanding and loving partner.

As a biology student, I learnt from my classes that there are already treatments that can alleviate some of your physical suffering. The treatment is called HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy). Make sure you get that from your physician (it is rather costly, to my knowledge). But as its name suggests, it is highly effective "In areas where it is widely available, the development of HAART as effective therapy for HIV infection and AIDS reduced the death rate from this disease by 80%, and raised the life expectancy for a newly diagnosed HIV-infected person to 30–50 years" (quote from Wikipedia). As you can see, the decrease in life expectancy of an AIDS patient is not that dramatic.

Do remember that the fields of immunology and virology are rapidly expanding fields of science. We were aware of the existence of the HIV virus in the western hemisphere in the early 70s, and in mid 90s, scientists have already introduced the HAART. Today, AIDS is a pandemic disease and a global health concern, and millions of dollars are poured into HIV research every year. I believe that within ten years, we will have a 100% curative AIDS treatment commercially available in the market.

Until that day comes, I sincerely wish you all the best of luck. Do pm me if you wish to have someone to talk to.

Warmest regards,

midnight.

UKGUY, I am hiv positive and wish I can meet guys like you just to be true friends............I hope you can help him through this very difficult time in his life.

hey dude, I used to help out in CDC. HIV +ve guys/gals and volunteers can be true friends without discrimination.

Hey, I can perfectly understand your situation because I went through the same experience.

There was this guy I met. We were seriously dating for 4-6weeks (no sex involved yet). Until one day he told he just learned from his doctor, he was tested HIV positive, thus it ended our relationship.

He didnt want to go on, knowing there will a bleak and painfully lonely life ahead of him , which he doesn't want to implicate or complicate anyone with him. He sees me having a bright future ahead: he doesn't want me to stick around as my future will be tainted and affected by him.

I really thought that it was his way of expressing his love, even thought I really don't mind him.

I have even kissed someone like him who was already HIV infected.

There was no fear in me, when the news was revealed, but rather, the sadness I felt that this dream we have, had to end this way.

Few months later, he packed his bag, headed for the States, wrote me two letters, and I had not heard from him since.

Smiliarly my last relationship for 4 years, something did occurred unexpectedly.

My ex developed genetic disease which the fault was in his DNA chromosome. Ever heard of lipoma/dercum?

The body doesnt know how to store fats as layers under the skin, but store them as tumor/ ball like sized under the skin. Each of this lumps are attached to the nerves.

The symptoms are low sex drive, extreme mood swings, depression, pain under the skin, fever at night, lethargy, loss of memory.

There is no cure for it, althought the lumps can be removed. However, the complications here become even worse here is because each is lump is attached to the nerves. If too much are removed, there is no guarantee he will not be paraylized.

The surgery removing each lump is about $800-1200. If you have 120 lumps detected by the MRI scan, you can imagine the cost.

The sad part is that, the tumour will always grow back.

To camouflage the lumps from the public's eyes, they wear clothes to cover themselves, or deliberately fatten themselves, to make the lumps less visible.

In a few years time, he will be physically grotesque due to his condition.

Like the first case, I choose to stay to take care of him forever, and dare to face the many many emotional and financial difficulties we will face. inevitably.

I was even willing to sell off my studio, to raise funds for the surgery, but he refused to accept, but asked me to leave him, and to never ever come back to him.

In his heart I knew he was very painfully reluctant to let me go. He just wanted me to have a better life with someone else I guess.

In my heart I still miss him alot.

While dude, in this life I was not given the chance by fate to be with two people whom I truly love.

Take my advise, listen to your heart, find that strenght in you, and just go with the flow.

I am sure things will turn out well for you.

All the best.

Guest FathLoveHope

I have been wih my bf who is HIV+ for more than 8 years now.

Our relationship is stronger than most of our friends' around us because after going through so much, we truly understood the meanng of LOVE, keeping our FAITH strong and HOPE for best whatever tomorrow will bring.

There is nothing to FEAR as long as we have each other.

Thank you UKguy for your sharing. You will be blessed. Not everyone is as fortunate as your friend/your guy to meet someone like you. My friend's ex left him after almost a year of relationship despite my friend make known his HIV status before they got together. Over the year, my friend's ex got worried about his own health and decided to leave my friend. He left quietly, left my friend devastated. It was a very immature way and selfish way of calling off a relationship. What I trying to bring across is get to know the illness well and and be certain of what you are seeking. No one wants to be HIV positive. It is not a deadly disease these days but being HIV positive, it is still a blow to the guy who has it. He is emotionally hurted hence don't give him double blow if you are not ready to enter such relationship. There are many successful relationship with one being HIV positive. I wish the best for both of you. :)

Just to share my experience as a HIV+ person.

I was tested positive in 2006 but I guess I was infected much earlier, as I

fell gravely ill in 2003 and nearly died. What caused my illness was a

simple meal of overnight chicken. My body didn't have the resistant to

combat the bacteria. But after my recovery, it took me three years before I

was officially tested for HIV. It was a bout of throat infection in 2006

that set me up for all sort of blood tests that resulted in my positive

status.

During this period, I was fortunate to have met my lover and started our

relationship.

When I got the result at the hospital, I was stunned and lost. Fright was

all over me. I left the hospital with a letter referring me to CDC for which

I was to go through my antiviral treatment. I didn't want to go home and

just sat at the bus-stop. But the first person I called on my mobile was my

lover. We met that same afternoon and discussed the treatment I was to go

through. I was initially thinking of going to Thailand (private hospital)

where medication is much cheaper and their route of treatment more advance

due to their thousands of cases. We both skipped the notion of the future of

our love-affair. It was too sensitive, we were then three years into our

relationship and deeply in love. He gave me time to settle down. We

continued as if nothing happened but there was a thaw in our sexual

activities. I was guilty to be carrying the virus and I suppose he was weary

of the situation. It was “cold” sex.

But because our love is deep, there never was the question of us parting our

ways. We both practise safe sex and till this day, he is negative. We have

come to love each other even more deeply, me with gratitute of his

acceptance and he with his pitiness for my predicament. At the early stage

of my treatment, he even took off-days to accompany me to the CDC. I am most

happy to say that today, my antiviral load test is (virus) undetectable.

Strict following of treatment and prompt medication, with unfailing support

from the one I love has saved me.

The moral of this posting?

When you love someone, love unconditionally.

And it is most vital to go for treatment as early as possible, before the

body succumbs to the virus.

thank you everyone for sharing such wonderful stories of your extraordinary lives. i believe words cant describe how i feel and how i want to love like you. this is really amazing to know that unconditioned love is alive in the midst of us.

GOD bless each one of you and may we grow stronger in such a rare relationship. :clap: :clap: :clap:

i salute all of you!!!!

What works in a relationship is not easy to say. Each relationship is individual in nature and has to run its own course. But when a relationship is based on mutual love, respect, compassion and trust, rarely would it fail to work. For most part when the reason to be with someone is not merely physical in nature but there's a sense of deep emotional connection, it gives us more strength as a person to fight for it to work.

Life is unpredictable. We all have to deal with its uncertainty and its unseen twists and turns. What is commendable is to carry on even when there's a certainty of something painfully real and stark as a life-threatening disease. However, treat your relationship like any other, with its share of ups and downs, the irritating mood-swings or the never-ending laughter, the constant bickering or the slow dance in the evening - see yourself as any another couple in the world and the years would just pass by.

Although, it's still at an initial stage.. it is always better to prepare yourself for the later stages of your life, to some extent, for no matter how we prepare when the moment comes it can bring along a few surprises. But always remember this - to the one who is positive and the one who is not:

The one who has the disease should never close himself to receiving love from the one who is not infected. Most of us are reluctant to be in a position where we need help for every little thing. But never look at it as pity or look at yourself to be of no use - rather see the love in his eyes and receive it whole-heartedly.

The one who is not infected should always give his love with humility, understanding fully well that even a little sense of pride or pity in him would make the one he loves feel the worse in the world. You are the one who needs to be the patient one. Think of yourself as a father to a child who needs your love and support.

And through it all never forget your love for each other, that is what brought you together and has kept you together so far and that is what will keep you together till the end.. Have a wonderful life together.. May God bless you both.. :)

saint with a past.. sinner with a future.. i'm somewhere in the middle..

Guest theunwanted

are you like for serious ? you still have a long way ahead ! do you have the commitment ? what if one day problems starts to arise ? your friends are right , cut it out before you both falls in deeper. its not like i am dampening your thoughts/ decision. just my opinion !

Edited by theunwanted

Guest Thaiboyz

Here we are referring to a partner with HIV. Just wonder would the situation be similar if he has cancer? Maybe a 3rd stage cancer, would his other half or his bf willing to take care of him too? Or like others suggested, cut him off instantly to avoid further burden?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, recently I've been worrying a lot about HIV.

For the record, I've never done anal sex before.

So far, it's just casual oral sex, I've never swallowed cum, and so far I've only gotten cum in my mouth once.

I've done a HIV test one month after my exposure, and am currently awaiting my confirmatory test at the end of year.

I am pretty sure that I check for ulcers before I engage in oral sex, but there is always a possibility that we are unaware of the cuts and wounds in our mouths.

The guys I meet are usually from cruising and I am definitely more aware of the importance of protected (even oral) sex and the risk of casual sex.

Anyone have any opinions, words, experience that they would like to share?

It'll be great if there was someone who shares the same worry, at least we can support each other :)

Actually, you should be more worried about herpes, syphilis, HPV etc, but not HIV. HIV transmission through oral is very low risk, but i didnt say no risk. Saliva has great enzymes for killing the HIV virus.

Probably you have a better chance of getting killed in a highway than get hiv from oral sex. But dont take my words for it, im no expert!

But u can use dental dams or condoms next time and save yourself the worry! Good luck.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Actually, you should be more worried about herpes, syphilis, HPV etc, but not HIV. HIV transmission through oral is very low risk, but i didnt say no risk. Saliva has great enzymes for killing the HIV virus.

Probably you have a better chance of getting killed in a highway than get hiv from oral sex. But dont take my words for it, im no expert!

But u can use dental dams or condoms next time and save yourself the worry! Good luck.

Thanks! Would be great to hear from more people :)

I've checked that STD's do produce symptoms right? I haven't had any symptoms yet. Is there any place I can get a full anonymous check? For STDS?

Although AIDS prevention group mentioned Oral sex (without protection) can spread HIV but today no one is found to suffer from HIV because of oral sex but better safe than sorry lor. Stick to same partner kekekeke

Save yourself the worry and practice safe sex. There's No such thing as no risk and just because the statistics say the risk is low it doesn't mean it can't happen. And if the guy your with doesn't want to use a condom then walk away, you only get one life and gambling with it isn't an option. I can't say this enough to everyone who reads this post .... Condoms condoms condoms.

Read The New Paper yesterday about an article of 18-year poly gay with a dangerous lifestyle and gotten HIV within 2 years, and will probably die young. Raw is War, and War means high fatality!

The two poster above dont read before they posts. We are talking about HIV through oral sex here not fxxking.

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

I thank everyone for just making a comment!

I myself am a polytechnic student that now know that protected for oral is equally as important as protected for anal.

All I can do now is pray hard for my December test to be negative :)

Thanks Imchaser :)

Don't worry guys I've never done anal.

We all get tested sooner or later! It's a very responsible thing to do. So, congratulations on making the effort.

I would be very surprised if you returned a positive result! Make sure you get tested for all STI's, not just HIV!

It's a good idea to get tested on a regular basis, just for peace of mind. :thumb:

We all get tested sooner or later! It's a very responsible thing to do. So, congratulations on making the effort.

I would be very surprised if you returned a positive result! Make sure you get tested for all STI's, not just HIV!

It's a good idea to get tested on a regular basis, just for peace of mind. :thumb:

Where to get tested for STIs? Are there any anonymous STI testsing?

'I thought it could not happen to me'

James, 20, sometimes had sex without condom, if other party claimed to be 'clean'

(Source: The new paper: 01-dec-2010)

At 18, he felt he was invincible. He had a place in polytechnic, and his life looked to be on track.

So he plunged into the party and clubbing scene with gusto.

He drank, smoked and hooked up with different gay lovers for sex weekly.

He was having the time of his life.

Now, two years later, his life hangs in the balance, dependant on a cocktail of expensive drugs.

At 20, James (not his real name) is HIV positive.

full article here http://health.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20101201-250269.html

He thinks lover intentionally infected him with HIV

By Ng Wan Ching

AT 18, he felt he was invincible. He had a place in polytechnic, and his life looked to be on track.

So he plunged into the party and clubbing scene with gusto.

He drank, smoked and hooked up with different gay lovers for sex on a weekly basis.

He was having the time of his life.

Now, just two years later, his life hangs in the balance, dependant on a cocktail of expensive drugs.

At 20, James (not his real name) is HIV positive.

"Going to the clubs to hang out with my friends was all I could think about," he said in an interview with The New Paper, adding that he partied at gay clubs three times a week.

Now, James has stopped smoking and drinking, and has cut down on clubbing.

In the past few months, he has been to a club only five or six times, just to hangout with friends.

James is typical of reckless teens who do not realise that promiscuity can lead to devastating consequences.

Said Mr Aaron Ng, the executive director of Action for Aids (AfA): "Anecdotal evidences indicate that people are having sex at a younger age, and this is applicable to both the MSM (men who have sex with men) and the heterosexual communities.

"There are some statistics indicating that younger people are getting sexually transmitted infections. AfA is therefore exploring schemes to target the young in its public education programmes."

James, who is Catholic, knew what he was doing was wrong. He knew how HIV was transmitted. But it did not help him.

He practised safe sex "most of the time".

"I would usually insist on a condom. But if the other party was young and healthy and said he was clean, then I would skip the condom," he said.

It was not wise, he now admits.

"I was young and I thought it was something that could not happen to me," he said.

At the beginning of this year, he met a flight attendant, a foreigner, at a gay club.

"He was 24 years old," said James. "And he insisted on not using a condom. I had just gone for a full body physical at the end of 2009 and I was healthy.

"He assured me he was healthy too."

Three months later, sometime in March, he met the air steward again and, again, they hooked up.

"I think that was the encounter that sealed my fate. I think he may have infected me intentionally," said James.

James then started to suspect that he might have been infected with HIV.

Certain flu-like symptoms fuelled his suspicions. The more he thought about it, the more he was convinced.

Yet he could not work up enough courage to get tested.

He was utterly miserable and poured all his angst into his diary.

Things changed when his mother read his diary, which he had left in the living room accidentally.

She realised something could be wrong and advised him to get tested.

Said James: "I was so afraid to find out that I was positive."

His mother asked his best female friend to accompany her and James to the anonymous testing clinic at Kelantan Lane.

This was about a month after the sexual encounter.

"After all the fear and the build-up, I still had to wait an hour for the test results. When the doctor finally told me, I blanked out.

"My mother was the one sobbing away and my best friend was busy consoling her!" said James. Even though he had expected it, it was still a huge shock.

"I thought it was a death sentence."

He felt depressed and fearful. He became very ill and had a fever every night for over a month.

"Every night, without fail, I would suddenly get very cold and get the shivers," he said.

He was hospitalised three times at the Communicable Disease Centre. He was also diagnosed with tuberculosis.

"Doctors did a CD4 test for me. My results were really bad," he said.

CD4 cells are the main target of HIV, and the number of CD4 cells will decrease as HIV progresses.

His CD4 count was in the 50s. The normal range for an adult male is 800 to 1500. James said he was kept in an isolated room for weeks.

He is now taking two types of HIV drugs and his CD4 count is above 200.

He is also being helped by AfA counsellors and attending support group sessions.

Slowly, he is picking up the pieces of his life.

"I now know that this is not a death sentence and that the disease can be controlled using drugs.

"I still wish with all my heart that I do not have it, but I can make plans for my life now," he said.

The first thing he wants to do is to finish his education. He put his polytechnic studies on hold this year.

"After I get my diploma, I hope to get a job as a copywriter at an ad agency. Maybe I'll also continue my education and get a degree," he said.

Life, as he knew it, is over.

"I have given my family a huge financial burden. My HIV drugs alone cost $230 a month. I asked God to give me a chance, that if I tested negative, I would change my lifestyle.

"Now that I am HIV positive, my lifestyle has to change,"he said.

He hopes to be able to meet a partner in future and be in a committed relationship.

"I will tell him about my HIV status. No point lying about it. It is something I will regret for the rest of my life," he said.

TO REACH out to the young, Action for Aids (AfA) is working with ITE College East to roll out a rock concert with HIV talks.

They hope to engage young adults in post-secondary institutions.

"Such education has to start young," said Mr Aaron Ng, executive director of AfA .

One of the messages the volunteer group wants to send is that HIV/Aids does not affect only people with a particular lifestyle or sexual orientation.

"Anyone who has had an unprotected sexual encounter is vulnerable to a HIV infection," said Mr Ng.

"To create a more open and accepting environment in the community,we should refrain from passing moral judgment on people living with HIV/Aids," he said.

This will help fight HIV/Aids because it will increase access to treatment and discourage fear and ignorance.

"While being infected with HIV/AIDS is a dramatic life-turning story, it can happen to anybody," he said.

MTV Networks Asia is also doing its bit to increase awareness.

It has produced a documentary - Me, Myself and HIV - which offers a first-hand, unrestricted look into what it's like to be young and HIV-positive in 2010.

The programme follows two individuals, a 25-year-old American and a 21-year-old Zambian,who explain the complicated layer that HIV adds to their everyday lifestyle choices, such as dating, work and travel.

The show is self-narrated and tell the subjects' stories from the beginning: Getting tested, the aftermath of getting their results, and right through to the present day.

Ms Indra Suharjono, executive vice-president and managing director of MTV Networks North and Southeast Asia said: "We (MTV) want to drive home the message that HIV can affect anyone regardless of race, social class, sexuality, location and age."

The documentary premiered on Dec 1 at 3pm on MTV.

AfA is offering free anonymous HIV testing in Singapore for those who download a free test coupon from the MTV website at www.mtvasia.com

The test, conducted at the DSC Clinic at 31 Kelantan Lane, usually costs $30.

Guest noworriesanymore

I also never do anal but I often swallow cum. Actually it's very normal to be a little paranoid after some unsafe encounter, in our case, unprotected oral sex. I've gone through that stage before. I even had myself tested every MONTH as I was too worried that time. But now I realized I was being a little too paranoid, I shouldn't torture myself like that anymore, waiting for the test result to come out was like hell to me! now, I always use protection even for oral sex (I use flavoured condoms, apple is my favourite lol! :P) and I just kiss, hug n mutual jo besides that :P

Guest Happylark

ahhh oh no you're going to die from touching that alkaline bodily fluid. if you're worried, why do it in the first place? never give yourself a chance to regret man. stick to one person.

sadly, these are the stories that reinforce public opinion that gays sleep around and HIV is a homosexual disease only. Why dont the angle covered heterosexual teens who frequent Geylang and slept with girls?

another sad part, these type of stories are the only way gays get featured in the papers, you dont get to see stories of great gay people contributing to the society nor do you get to see gay couples surviving all odds to be together.

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

Yes. I now know that I must not go out and play.

Haven't done anal, but unprotected sex poses a risk too..

Just read the article regarding James who was infected HIV...

Very scary...

Do you guys think I should take my 8th week test tomorrow? Or just wait out till the 12th week?

sadly, these are the stories that reinforce public opinion that gays sleep around and HIV is a homosexual disease only. Why dont the angle covered heterosexual teens who frequent Geylang and slept with girls?

another sad part, these type of stories are the only way gays get featured in the papers, you dont get to see stories of great gay people contributing to the society nor do you get to see gay couples surviving all odds to be together.

Public persecution of gays, I would say...

"You like who you like lah. Who cares if someone likes the other someone because of their race? It's when they hate them. That's the problem."

Orked (acted by Sharifah Amani) in SEPET (2004, directed by Yasmin Ahmad)

sadly, there are quite a few HIV+ individuals going around the saunas infecting other people intentionally.

that's the scary part.

That is likely possible. There was a guy whom I chatted on IRC. We exchanged numbers and chatted on phone. Maybe he was green or pure honest, he told me he contracted STD but was cured. Naturally I didn't consent to having sex. Months after, I "bumped" into him again on IRC, he had forgotten about me and when he chatted with me on phone, he said he never had STD.

There are several possibilities (he could have lied initially or during the later encounter), but the lesson is you never know if the person is telling the truth.

Some guys may infect others intentionally not out of vengeance, but "die together lah" type of mentality.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.