Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)

GachiMuchi

Guest -Bibble-

Usually I will put a mini Holy Bible next to the bed in the hotel room. When I feel scare I will say out the Lord prayer.

It sounds familiar, cause I will do the same whenever I travel.. a way to comforting ourself, especially if travelling alone :)

me going 5th aug till 10th aug....lol

toki - good to know u will be in bkk during national dae weekend! I will be in Bkk for couple of daes..

If you are up for party... look up for familiar face in DJ :) haha :)

Guest Illusionboi

thinking of going BKK late Jul or Aug.

Anyone interested to go together ?

For a weekend trip say Fri to Sun ?

Hi there

Im going to Bangkok from the 6th of Aug to the 10th of Aug ....going there wif my cousin bro and his friend. Planning to go to Hero one fo the days......Do let me know if you'll be there then may b can make some arrangements...

Cheers

thinking of going BKK late Jul or Aug.

Anyone interested to go together ?

For a weekend trip say Fri to Sun ?

Hi there...i will be at bangkok on 27 - 29 august 2010...that is fri - sun...i already book my flight on thai airways and my hotel is in P2 boutique hotel....

Guest GUEST

seems to me many ppl going that weekend.

how about an intro ?

i am 37 176 76 chn top

Looks like the terrorising has begun again. A bomb shook the peace at Erawan. Is it really safe to go? Insurance does not cover in State of Emergency period.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to Bangkok more than 20 times within the last few years.

And one of the most common mode of transportation is to take the ortor-bike.

Like if you are going to Babylon, you can take the MRT to the Lumpini MRT station and then take the bike into Babylon. Babylon is a long walk from the station.

But by bike, it costs only 10 bht and takes less than 90 seconds.

I have even traveled longer distances by bike.

Some say it's dangerous but I keep happy thoughts.

I really do not like taking the taxi.

They can take longer routes and during peak hours, they get stuck in traffic.

It's either bikes or BTS for me.

I have been to Bangkok more than 20 times within the last few years.

And one of the most common mode of transportation is to take the ortor-bike.

Like if you are going to Babylon, you can take the MRT to the Lumpini MRT station and then take the bike into Babylon. Babylon is a long walk from the station.

But by bike, it costs only 10 bht and takes less than 90 seconds.

I have even traveled longer distances by bike.

Some say it's dangerous but I keep happy thoughts.

I really do not like taking the taxi.

They can take longer routes and during peak hours, they get stuck in traffic.

It's either bikes or BTS for me.

Hi, when you said ortor-bike, you mean those bikes that are parked along the roadside and the riders, who will wait for the customers, are usually wearing bright green, read or orange luminous vests? I was told that you need to negotiate the fare with them? Thx.

You need not to negotiate with them about the price lah, they are licensed so the price they quote normally acceptable and similar, can be 10 Baht difference but come on :unsure:

I always walk from Lumpini MRT to Babylon without any problem, it is walking distance and cost you around 20-30 Baht by motor-bike, I guess (haven't tried yet).

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

You need not to negotiate with them about the price lah, they are licensed so the price they quote normally acceptable and similar, can be 10 Baht difference but come on :unsure:

I always walk from Lumpini MRT to Babylon without any problem, it is walking distance and cost you around 20-30 Baht by motor-bike, I guess (haven't tried yet).

Yes, it's no problem.

But 10 bht is like, what? 40 cents?

I can afford lah.

I am going on the 19th and coming back on the 21st. More of a business trip but will have time for two massages and shopping trip.

I have to say, I am greatly affected about the poor beggar kids disfigured mentioned in the earlier posts.

I have not seen those in Bangkok, but know they exist.

My heart goes out to them.

Has anyone donated money to buy coffins for the under privileged in Thailand before.

It's a form of earning "merits".

I have seen that mentioned on some documentary before and verified by an acquaintance.

Edited by superflawless

Guest gaysingaporean

Whenever I see a poor child begging or walking around dirty and with no shoes, I will always buy an ice cream at a 7-eleven store for the child. The look on the child's face and the smile... priceless!

Just a small gesture to put a little happiness in a poor child's unfortunate life.

Do not give money as it will be taken away from them by the adults.

The place to donate for coffins is called Wat Hua Lumphong. Your donations are for the poor who cannot afford coffins when they die. A coffin donation is 500 baht, how many you donate is entirely up to you. You will be given a receipt, and as a tourist, you can always burn it at the incense burner in the temple next to it. This helps the poor, whether it adds merits or not, I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in Singapore after a short trip in Bangkok.

Flight- TG: Arrived and Left on time.

Hotel- Bailey: Next to Silom Soi 3. Location is good. You just need to get a higher floor and not facing DJ. Clean room, don't expect a buffet for the breatfast

Jupiter- Performances were extremely good as they can dance very well. Price increased to 270bath per person, a little bit over-price. Boys were the same as what I saw 1 year ago. Show times are break up to 3 performances at 10.15pm/10.45pm/11.45pm.

DJ- 11.30pm stage show, beautiful costumes and performance were excellent esp the 'fat he/she lady.' An average crowd every night, but very few asain tourist, saw a big group of Taiwanese. At times, I wondered how the local can party every night at DJ. I have not been to BKK for a year but the DJ workers still gives me free entrance.

Food: Greyhound is the best- try the soup, pai thai, chicken wings, popiah.

Shopping: Managed to tailored some shirts, pants and a suit at MBK. Cost is reasonable comparing to SG price.

Massage: Silom Massage, buy the coupons which is more worth it. We did Thai massage and foot. Look for Pie, as he is the most experience.

Parazid massage at Silom Soi 3: We did a scrub and aromatic oil massage at 999bTH. It depends on who you get, the massuer that did me was like stimulating me and asked for 1000bath for special. Rejected him and he offered 500bath, in the end I told him 'No.'

Overall, it was a relaxing trip but spend too much on shopping. If you are looking for imitation underwears, the street vendor is selling it at 100bath but we still go for orignal ones.

Hotel- Bailey: Next to Silom Soi 3. Location is good. You just need to get a higher floor and not facing DJ. Clean room, don't expect a buffet for the breatfast

Jupiter- Performances were extremely good as they can dance very well. Price increased to 270bath per person, a little bit over-price. Boys were the same as what I saw 1 year ago. Show times are break up to 3 performances at 10.15pm/10.45pm/11.45pm.

DJ- 11.30pm stage show, beautiful costumes and performance were excellent esp the 'fat he/she lady.' An average crowd every night, but very few asain tourist, saw a big group of Taiwanese. At times, I wondered how the local can party every night at DJ. I have not been to BKK for a year but the DJ workers still gives me free entrance.

Shopping: Managed to tailored some shirts, pants and a suit at MBK. Cost is reasonable comparing to SG price.

Massage: Silom Massage, buy the coupons which is more worth it. We did Thai massage and foot. Look for Pie, as he is the most experience.

Parazid massage at Silom Soi 3: We did a scrub and aromatic oil massage at 999bTH. It depends on who you get, the massuer that did me was like stimulating me and asked for 1000bath for special. Rejected him and he offered 500bath, in the end I told him 'No.'

Overall, it was a relaxing trip but spend too much on shopping. If you are looking for imitation underwears, the street vendor is selling it at 100bath but we still go for orignal ones.

Hi Man40s, may i know how much you paid for your working shirt at MBK? I used to tailor make my working shirt at Sukumvit (those shops near Nana station). I used to pay 750b but they have increased to 850b when i went back a year ago.

Guest Waterboy

Hotel- Bailey: Next to Silom Soi 3. Location is good. You just need to get a higher floor and not facing DJ. Clean room, don't expect a buffet for the breatfast will be goin this Friday can I know the massage place and shop name

Hi Man40s, may i know how much you paid for your working shirt at MBK? I used to tailor make my working shirt at Sukumvit (those shops near Nana station). I used to pay 750b but they have increased to 850b when i went back a year ago.

I did it MBK on the ground floor, shop name is M1, look for Peter.

Shirt 800baht, pant 1200baht and suit 5000baht.

Please don't go to Pinky.

Edited by Man40s

Waterboy, Silom is just a few doors away from Burger King.

I purchased the vouchers at 1250bath.

Foot massage at 250baht, Thai massage at 250baht and cream massage at 500baht.

Don't waste your 999baht at Paradiz at Silom Soi 3.

If you want a good and decent massage go to Healthland at Sathon.

I did it MBK on the ground floor, shop name is M1, look for Peter.

Shirt 800baht, pant 1200baht and suit 5000baht.

Please don't go to Pinky.

what material is the pants. i had one made b4 (wool) and it cost me 5.5k baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Taxi Meter is NOT ALWAYS the surest and cheapest way to travel in Bangkok.

A little warning here.

I have just checked out of a hotel. The bellboy was kind enough to negoiate a fixed price of 400 baht from hotel to airport with the taxi driver. Everything was agreed.

A few while down the the road, the driver turned around and asked if he can turn on the meter instead. I thought why not. It might even be cheaper. He told us we had to pay the highway toll also.

I travel to Bangkok quite a lot so I thought that the journey might even be cheaper.

Imagine our shock when we reached the airport (having dozed off after paying the toll fee) that the taxi meter had jumped up to 780 baht!!! So, combining the toll fee paid, the whole journey came up to be more than 800 baht!

Too tired to argue, and certainly don't want this episode to spoilt an otherwise wonderful holiday, we paid up. It was a lesson learnt.

The taxi meter is obviously tampered with!!!!

So, please, BW readers.... please remember that turning on the meter in a taxi does not guarantee that you would not be cheated.

Especially for longer journey, it's best to agree on a price and not waver.

Guest juzasking

hi

recall reading someone here saying he staying at i-residence hotel in bkk. Can that person or anyone in the know tell me whether it's a good place to stay in? I booked the deluxe room (smallest one) for 4 days, but not sure whether made the right choice after reading some reviews. It costs about $90 per day (including taxes), but i can still cancel the booking with no penalty. some reviews said the room stinks, and got roaches and insects. can anyone verify this? and do u know whether they allow 'guest(s)' in at night? :-)

S$90 a day for i.Residence is probably too expensive.

You can check the price at agoda.com - it should be around S$50 per night only,

with breakfast included for 2 pax.

Location-wise it is great, right in front is the Chong Nonsi Skytrain station.

Edited by eric6363

• G_M changed the title to Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.