Male HQ

Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)

GachiMuchi

Guest juzasking

S$90 a day for i.Residence is probably too expensive.

You can check the price at agoda.com - it should be around S$50 per night only,

with breakfast included for 2 pax.

Location-wise it is great, right in front is the Chong Nonsi Skytrain station.

Thanks! i juz rebooked at agoda; it wasn't $50 per night, but $65. Anyway, still cheaper than the $90 i was paying earlier. But any feedback on the quality of the rooms and whether can bring guests back at night?

Thanks! i juz rebooked at agoda; it wasn't $50 per night, but $65. Anyway, still cheaper than the $90 i was paying earlier. But any feedback on the quality of the rooms and whether can bring guests back at night?

The rate depends on how far in advance you book.

I did not stay there, so I cannot comment more.

I've stayed there before and if you booked for a double, you should have no problem bringing someone back. Most hotels are the same. The Heritage, Glow Trinity and Furama Xclusive Sathorn all allow you to bring a guest back with no questions asked if you book a double. Rooms at IResidence are pretty comfortable but try asking for a quieter room as those facing the main road can be a bit noisy.

Guest juzasking

I've stayed there before and if you booked for a double, you should have no problem bringing someone back. Most hotels are the same. The Heritage, Glow Trinity and Furama Xclusive Sathorn all allow you to bring a guest back with no questions asked if you book a double. Rooms at IResidence are pretty comfortable but try asking for a quieter room as those facing the main road can be a bit noisy.

What u mean double room? I thought all rooms are double regardless of whether u book in capacity of one or two people? You mean they actually have rooms with jus one single bed? When u bring a guest back, can juz whisk him away into the room without reporting at the reception? I dislike the extra attention. And what about bringing TWO guests? Will they bat any eyelid?

Taxi Meter is NOT ALWAYS the surest and cheapest way to travel in Bangkok.

A little warning here.

I have just checked out of a hotel. The bellboy was kind enough to negoiate a fixed price of 400 baht from hotel to airport with the taxi driver. Everything was agreed.

A few while down the the road, the driver turned around and asked if he can turn on the meter instead. I thought why not. It might even be cheaper. He told us we had to pay the highway toll also.

I travel to Bangkok quite a lot so I thought that the journey might even be cheaper.

Imagine our shock when we reached the airport (having dozed off after paying the toll fee) that the taxi meter had jumped up to 780 baht!!! So, combining the toll fee paid, the whole journey came up to be more than 800 baht!

Too tired to argue, and certainly don't want this episode to spoilt an otherwise wonderful holiday, we paid up. It was a lesson learnt.

The taxi meter is obviously tampered with!!!!

So, please, BW readers.... please remember that turning on the meter in a taxi does not guarantee that you would not be cheated.

Especially for longer journey, it's best to agree on a price and not waver.

If that happen, asked the taxi drive to t police station!!

Guest Travel Guy

Anyone going to bangkok from 20 -24 this month?? Looking for travel mate.

Hi there,

Yes. I will be in Bangkok on the 20th Oct to 23rd Oct. I have booked Regent Hotel at Silom. If you are interested please write to my email address scott2001my@yahoo.co.uk.

By the way, I am also asking for brothers here to advise whether the airport express is operating and is charging at 15 bhat per trip for non-express and the express is charging at 45 Bhat?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Yes. I will be in Bangkok on the 20th Oct to 23rd Oct. I have booked Regent Hotel at Silom. If you are interested please write to my email address scott2001my@yahoo.co.uk.

By the way, I am also asking for brothers here to advise whether the airport express is operating and is charging at 15 bhat per trip for non-express and the express is charging at 45 Bhat?

Thanks.

If you're asking about the train that connect to mrt, then from what i understand it is operating already.

Hi there,

Thanks.

Hi Travel Guy, yes, the airport express is now operating. They call it the Airport Rail Link. I took the non-express at 15 Bhat last week (was told promotional price period only). Not sure how much the express cost as the station staff just issued me the non-express ticket (without me asking). It took me all the way to Phaya Thai (about 30-40 minutes with 5-6 stops along the way) where I can change to the BTS line at Phaya Thai. Comfortable ride (no complaints lah) except that I find the width/depth of the seat is a bit too short. Head to B1 level for the Airport Rail Link ticketing station or platform. Have fun!

Hi Travel Guy, yes, the airport express is now operating. They call it the Airport Rail Link. I took the non-express at 15 Bhat last week (was told promotional price period only). Not sure how much the express cost as the station staff just issued me the non-express ticket (without me asking). It took me all the way to Phaya Thai (about 30-40 minutes with 5-6 stops along the way) where I can change to the BTS line at Phaya Thai. Comfortable ride (no complaints lah) except that I find the width/depth of the seat is a bit too short. Head to B1 level for the Airport Rail Link ticketing station or platform. Have fun!

Hi. May i check is there any luggage compartment in the express bus? Usually i like to bring a empty big luggage there :)

Hi. May i check is there any luggage compartment in the express bus? Usually i like to bring a empty big luggage there :)

It is not a bus, the Airport Rail Link is similar to our SMRT. When it travels, the track is above ground level. The speed it travels is normal speed. I wish it had been a bullet train though, so can reach city faster and start my tour immediately. :whistle:

I did not see any overhead luggage compartment in the train interior. I saw people with big luggages putting their luggages near the door entrance where there is more room (cos' no seats there), again similar to our SMRT you find at Tanah Merah to Changi airport. Otherwise, you can put it in front of you when you sit down but do be considerate as it may block the local Thai people moving inwards into the train compartment. Have fun! Cheers!

It is not a bus, the Airport Rail Link is similar to our SMRT. When it travels, the track is above ground level. The speed it travels is normal speed. I wish it had been a bullet train though, so can reach city faster and start my tour immediately. :whistle:

I did not see any overhead luggage compartment in the train interior. I saw people with big luggages putting their luggages near the door entrance where there is more room (cos' no seats there), again similar to our SMRT you find at Tanah Merah to Changi airport. Otherwise, you can put it in front of you when you sit down but do be considerate as it may block the local Thai people moving inwards into the train compartment. Have fun! Cheers!

Thanks HK. Sorry i have mistaken. Ya i have found out more from google ... wow great news! We not only can save up the trasnport cost but also the time. If we chose to stay at suhuvmit area where Phaya Thai Station is, we dont have to worry of the traffic jam and rush to the airport 3-4 hours before during our departure day. Thanks and you have fun too!

Guest thailover

I did it MBK on the ground floor, shop name is M1, look for Peter.

Shirt 800baht, pant 1200baht and suit 5000baht.

Please don't go to Pinky.

wow, the prices you quote here are really low.. Pinky price starts at 1000THB and the fabric for this price range is usually very limited, the 1200 THB range is what i usually look for

pants usually starts about 1800THB at pinky, but i know its possible to get 1200THB at other places as well

guess i will have to try the tailors at MBK tis coming trip

Thanks HK. Sorry i have mistaken. Ya i have found out more from google ... wow great news! We not only can save up the trasnport cost but also the time. If we chose to stay at suhuvmit area where Phaya Thai Station is, we dont have to worry of the traffic jam and rush to the airport 3-4 hours before during our departure day. Thanks and you have fun too!

just tried the citylink from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phaya Thai. minimum waiting and there were a few stops in between, apparently, the express service has not started. it is true the fare is THB15 per way per person. no storage section for luggage, I would classify this as monorail. only 3 cabins, the first and last cabin has a standing section. Seats are narrow and can barely support the butt. The doors slammed really hard when closing.

My biggest problem with this service is the design of the stations. I am not sure which dimwit designed them, if u r a regular to BKK or have noticed, all BTS stations in BKK only have one escalator for each direction, and they are all going up. Unfortunately, they copied this design for the airport rail link stations as well, thus, if u are not travelling light, you will have a problem if you are coming from the airport. I had a big suitcase, but luckily, it is a four wheeler which stands upright, and it wasnt that heavy. I could still manage. but deep inside me, I was cursing and swearing~~~ but then, only 15baht... cheaper than taking BTS from Phrom Phong to Siam Paragon.

Connecting to BTS is easy, Phaya Thai BTS on Sukhumvit line.. 2 stops and you will be at Paragon. Worth trying if you are travelling light.

Guest stoneguy

Hi,

I am going BKK with BF on 29/10 - 1/11. We like to go for facial treatment and body scrub/aromatherapy treatment. I was hoping to find some good proper spa treatment outlets that handle gay clientele. Prefer to have male therapists.

Any one has any recommendation? Not those proclaimed to be spa but actually selling sex kind of shop please. Thanks in advance.

cheers.

Hi,

I am going BKK with BF on 29/10 - 1/11. We like to go for facial treatment and body scrub/aromatherapy treatment. I was hoping to find some good proper spa treatment outlets that handle gay clientele. Prefer to have male therapists.

Any one has any recommendation? Not those proclaimed to be spa but actually selling sex kind of shop please. Thanks in advance.

cheers.

Really depends on your budget. The Metropolitan Hotel has a great spa with male therapists. Tom is great! At THB3,300 for 90 minutes, they are considered upscale.

Hi,

cheers.

This is my favourate spa whenever i visit Bangkok. They provide proper and professional services. If you have time, you may like to try their spa retreats. Check it out. :thumb:

http://www.healthlandspa.com/

Cheers,

Ethan

Guest Stoneguy

Thanks townguy & ethan_oleh. Healthland is also my favorite. I went there once. Do they have facial treatments too? The problem is healthland clientele is more women & straight man. I feel a bit awkward when i go there asking for male therapist to service.

Any other suggestion? Is santuary spa & candle paradise proper?

Thanks townguy & ethan_oleh. Healthland is also my favorite. I went there once. Do they have facial treatments too? The problem is healthland clientele is more women & straight man. I feel a bit awkward when i go there asking for male therapist to service.

Hi Stoneguy,

Yes. Healthland do provide facial. Please check the webside for more detail info.

http://www.healthlandspa.com

Cheers,

Ethan

Hi Stoneguy,

This is another of my favourite spa whenever i visit Bangkok. Yes, they have male therapist and you can request. Nothing to be shy about as its very common in Bangkok. The spa is inside the hotel. I had attached the webside for your info. I had tried their facial and eye treatment. Its very good and i highly recommend you there. :thumb:

http://www.bangkok.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/pure/spas/about/guidelines.jsp

Cheers,

Ethan

As a rule of thumb, avoid the ones which charge 800 to 1200baht range for 60 mins to 120 mins massage + recommended minimum tipping amount of a few hundred baht to 1000baht per masseur. THose are the ones who will perform body to body massages..

I am sure there are exceptions. They will of course be more than happy if you requested for "no specials". But will expect the same tips.

and, 90% of the time, if not more, you will not get a good massage.

This is my favourate spa whenever i visit Bangkok. They provide proper and professional services. If you have time, you may like to try their spa retreats. Check it out. :thumb:

http://www.healthlandspa.com/

Cheers,

Ethan

Hi Stoneguy,

Yes. You can request for male masseur at health land spa. Most of my friends requested for male masseur when they are there. You can also see many tourist requested for male masseur too. Nothing to be shy about as this is very common in Thailand.

Cheers,

Ethan

Guest Stoneguy

Hi all, thanks for your recommendation. The hotel spa are kind of expensive. I guess I will try heartland spa again since my last visit with colleagues was massage by auntie but was very good.

Looks like besides the straight joints, the gays establishment normally involve special? Kind of disappointed as for me going to a spa that cater more to gay clientele feels more at home n relax.

Remember to book in advance if u want male therapist. As for the facial, I guess they only have female therapist. All their treatments are good nonetheless.. Have fun..

Hi all, thanks for your recommendation. The hotel spa are kind of expensive. I guess I will try heartland spa again since my last visit with colleagues was massage by auntie but was very good.

Looks like besides the straight joints, the gays establishment normally involve special? Kind of disappointed as for me going to a spa that cater more to gay clientele feels more at home n relax.

@townguy, use the elevator if you have luggages.

@kopi gao, unless they are jim thompson sheets/covers, otherwise i don't think it is worth the effort. but you might have interesting finds in the night market though - up to you.

The have lift in the station. You could use that.

just tried the citylink from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Phaya Thai. minimum waiting and there were a few stops in between, apparently, the express service has not started. it is true the fare is THB15 per way per person. no storage section for luggage, I would classify this as monorail. only 3 cabins, the first and last cabin has a standing section. Seats are narrow and can barely support the butt. The doors slammed really hard when closing.

My biggest problem with this service is the design of the stations. I am not sure which dimwit designed them, if u r a regular to BKK or have noticed, all BTS stations in BKK only have one escalator for each direction, and they are all going up. Unfortunately, they copied this design for the airport rail link stations as well, thus, if u are not travelling light, you will have a problem if you are coming from the airport. I had a big suitcase, but luckily, it is a four wheeler which stands upright, and it wasnt that heavy. I could still manage. but deep inside me, I was cursing and swearing~~~ but then, only 15baht... cheaper than taking BTS from Phrom Phong to Siam Paragon.

Connecting to BTS is easy, Phaya Thai BTS on Sukhumvit line.. 2 stops and you will be at Paragon. Worth trying if you are travelling light.

Hi

Anyone stayed in Bangkok Palace before..googled and hotel looks nice and grand but kinda quite a bit of bad feedbacks..please advise if you stayed there before..appreciate.. :)

Guest live free

Hi

Anyone stayed in Bangkok Palace before..googled and hotel looks nice and grand but kinda quite a bit of bad feedbacks..please advise if you stayed there before..appreciate.. :)

Hi

Can anyone who has been to Khao San Road advise what is to be expected there in terms of bargains, good-buys, food wise? Also what is a good / appropriate time to go there? evening? thank you.

Try going during evening time. Plenty to shop n look around. Mainly tourist stuff but you shud know the price or else they cut throat. Many fancy places to eat. I was there with some friends and we had fun sitting around eating and drinking. Nice to go there if you haven't been there. At least for the experienced.

Can anyone who has been to Khao San Road advise what is to be expected there in terms of bargains, good-buys, food wise? Also what is a good / appropriate time to go there? evening? thank you.

I found it only worths to go there if you want to buy any tour in Bangkok or around Bangkok. It is much cheaper than any agent in city central. :thumb:

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

Hi

Khao San is a backpackers haven and cater to carefree travellers...You can expect to see a lot of BoB Marley, drunk ass, musicians, buskers, foodstalls,etc (Youtube K.S to have a glimpse)....pretty rowdy after dark... Be mindful with your belongings and dress down...most stalls are pretty reasonable, bargain with a smile.....food is aplenty...try the pat thai@25baht, mango sticky rice @20B, Banana pancake shower with choco @30B..

Adjust your expectations when in Khao San and you will enjoy the stay...hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bros, I would like to seek some advice from you guys if anyone has done or shopped for the following (is it worth shopping/doing in BKK in the first place?):

1. Teeth whitening

2. Bedsheets + Quilt covers

If yes, any recommendations?

Thanks much in advance!

• G_M changed the title to Bangkok ( Thailand ) - Massage / Sauna Compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.